Philippines - Job potential for Fitness & Personal Train

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Philippines - Job potential for Fitness & Personal Train

Post by manly5000 »

Hey guys,

Just wondering what kind of potential there is for Expats who are into fitness, bodybuilding, and personal training to find money-making opportunities to live in the Philippines?

I'm trying to figure out how to relocate, how I could make it work. I have lots of IT experience but only an Associates Degree and some certification. Not sure if I could land a good IT job.

Besides, I love bodybuilding and fitness more anyways. Is there any good opportunities to make a good living in the Phils in the fitness industry?

To me it's a dream to be involved in the fitness industry in a tropical paradise like the Phils.

Looking forward to your thoughts!!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Have not see too many gringos doing that but then again where there is a will, there is a way. You may want to advertise yourself in expat and other newspapers there as looking for a job. Something should come up and eventually work permits/visas will fall into place.
A typical scenario for most people is that they will spend a couple of months searching and then they find something either in their field of close. The main problem then will be small salaries. Most will be some $1000 a month +/1 and then some 15-25% tax -+.

Start by googling

Sports trainer fitness trainer wanted Philippines and prospect for jobs.

Then, do not discount becoming a free lance online trainer through Skype or something to Americans/Westerners while they are in their countries. People do that.

http://www.google.com.kw/search?hl=en&s ... +bodybuild

This would be so much better than spending week after week looking for $1000 a month jobs in the Philippines.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!