Women looking for "the one" = big problem

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Women looking for "the one" = big problem

Post by odbo »

This socially engineered idea of "the one".. the soul mate, is ridiculous. And leads to huge problems in dating & marriage. Anyone want to put in an argument for this? I'm telling you, this is one of if not the biggest problem with western women. Disney and the like indoctrinated them from childhood with this nonsense.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Re: Women looking for "the one" = big problem

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

LinuxOnly wrote:This socially engineered idea of "the one".. the soul mate, is ridiculous. And leads to huge problems in dating & marriage. Anyone want to put in an argument for this? I'm telling you, this is one of if not the biggest problem with western women. Disney and the like indoctrinated them from childhood with this nonsense.
I never really thought of it like that... Would you please care to elaborate on that?
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Dating used to be a prelude for marriage, when women essentially didnt work outside the home. So the man paid for everything, since he was going to be takign care of her financially later.

Now it is just a multi-faceted scam women use to get money, attention and ( so called ) alpha cock.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Last edited by Contrarian Expatriate on January 5th, 2021, 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keius
Freshman Poster

Post by keius »

My best bud from my earlier years had 3 soulmates before he met his current soulmate whom he married. I'll just say that everyone and anyone can have multiple soulmates ok :) When he got to his 3rd soulmate, i recall bitching him out about the soulmate nonsense. He's never mentioned soulmates to me again. And he's a guy ok. So....it's not just women who ramble on about soulmates.
Truthville
Freshman Poster

Post by Truthville »

I'll bite Linuxonly!

The "one" is a hollywood created false premise that there is "one" person whom we are "destined" to be with.

For women this means that this "one" will overlook all her faults, be extremely handsome forever, be hung like a horse, be sexually undemanding, give into all her little "whims,"make her friends jealous, not care about her looks, not be as intelligent as them, make more money than them, and make "past" mistakes disappear.

And on and on...

See such Hollywood swill as:

"The Notebook"

"Pretty Woman"

etc.........

In short, a relationship where, instead of being equal partners, a relationship where SHE is the star and he is plays a supporting role in that blockbuster Hollywood extravaganza "The Story of MY Life!"

TruthVille
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

LinuxOnly wrote:This socially engineered idea of "the one".. the soul mate, is ridiculous. And leads to huge problems in dating & marriage. Anyone want to put in an argument for this? I'm telling you, this is one of if not the biggest problem with western women. Disney and the like indoctrinated them from childhood with this nonsense.
The idea of a "soulmate" is ridiculous! There are grown women out there who actually believe that out of all of the billions of people on the earth, there is only ONE person for them! Give me a f***ing break! :shock:

How come in America, 72% of all divorces are initiated by women? I thought if you married your soulmate, you can't get a divorce! :roll:

Also, it's mostly women who believe in astrology and tarot cards. Trying to figure out American women, is like trying to decypher egyptian hieroglyphics! :lol:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

It is ridiculous.

Think for a second. Most men would be happy with 95% of what they want in a woman. Women on the other hand are told to look for perfection, that is until they hit about 35/40. Why until th closer you get to menopause that you only consider the best men possible? How come only when you have children from a failed relationship do you consider the best possible available?

Its very cultural, no easy fix and not in this generation.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

The Chinese have a concept called Yuanfen, which can be roughly translated as synchronicity:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuanfen

It's important to understand that Yuanfen will only bring 2 people together in a "meeting" sense, and not necessarily fated to become a couple or to marry.
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

Women looking for "the one" is exactly a problem. They assume that 'the one" will make her happy ALL THE TIME because he is perfect.

It's extremely unrealistic, borderline impossible for a woman to be happy all the time in a marriage. When she marries and realizes that marriage isn't a fairy-tale with a story-book ending, she decides to divorce you. Marriage is not a romance-novel and women need to realize that.
MarkDY
Freshman Poster

Post by MarkDY »

The problem also comes from some religions. I was raised a fundie Baptist and I would regularly hear in sermons, that god had already chosen my spouse for me. And I should save myself (remain a virgin) until we were married. This is one reason why fundies have a higher divorse rate then the national average. Fundies convinence themselves that the first person my fall in love with, that those feelings come from god.
I am sure "Soulmate" has a religious origin.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Truthville wrote:I'll bite Linuxonly!

The "one" is a hollywood created false premise that there is "one" person whom we are "destined" to be with.

For women this means that this "one" will overlook all her faults, be extremely handsome forever, be hung like a horse, be sexually undemanding, give into all her little "whims,"make her friends jealous, not care about her looks, not be as intelligent as them, make more money than them, and make "past" mistakes disappear.

And on and on...

See such Hollywood swill as:

"The Notebook"

"Pretty Woman"

etc.........

In short, a relationship where, instead of being equal partners, a relationship where SHE is the star and he is plays a supporting role in that blockbuster Hollywood extravaganza "The Story of MY Life!"

TruthVille
:lol: some good points! but Contrarian Expatriate had the best response so far
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Hey fellows, here's a "spiritual" reason against finding a soulmate.

The idea is that if you believe in past lives and trans-migrations, you'd encountered a lot of persons and have developed *issues* which need resolving. The soulmate is a way where the two parties' spirit bodies have fooled their earthly bodies into mating and then, resolve an ancient karma.

I call this the faux belonging issue, please don't fall for it. In particular, don't read any of the pulp trash novels by Richard Bach like 'Bridge Across Forever' or 'One'. He's clearly self-deluded and has no idea what being a complete human being is about. In his monologues, he and his soulmate wife, have been at it for centuries :roll:, basically, they're chained to each other and whenever they don't hook up, they're miserable, sulking human beings. Is that suppose to lead one to enlightenment (ala Buddhism) or Rapture/Awakening of the soul (ala Christian a/o other western traditions)?

I don't think so. If Bach was in fact, traversing across the centuries and not able to find meaningful associations with other women (since the modern American woman is mainly post-1970), then he's a complete loser and needs psychiatric help. And not just for this life.
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

The structural framework of the female psyche is inherently and irredeemably erratic, and thus may safely be ignored or at the very least deeply discounted.

Any man would better spend his time contemplating his education or financial situation. The only way to understand insanity is to be insane.

Let men be men and women be women. Never the twain shall meet.
How to deal with newbies that talk much but do little.

Pics or it didn't happen.

YES/NO

Cool story, bro.

Problem solved.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Here is a good video explaining to women that "the one" does not exist.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."