Falling for an older woman... ?

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Falling for an older woman... ?

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

I wonder, would it be acceptable to fall in love with and start a relationship with an older woman? I ask this because on the Happier Abroad dating site, there is this woman who is like in her early 60's who sent me a message and she told me that I was very handsome. What should I do?
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

yeah man thats GREAT !!!. Is she beautiful. i am not surpised she said you we're handsome. its normal for foreign women to express their feelings OPENLY. how do you feel about this my main man. usually women from east europe or ukraine or russia are very very beatuiful at an old age. i would reply back and say. " i find you very beatiful myself. i want to open the floodgates of love for you." she will go bonkers over that and actually laugh and like it.

if she is gorgeous and has a sincere kind "aura" about her. then go for it dude !!!!
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

ssjparris wrote:yeah man thats GREAT !!!. Is she beautiful. i am not surpised she said you we're handsome. its normal for foreign women to express their feelings OPENLY. how do you feel about this my main man. usually women from east europe or ukraine or russia are very very beatuiful at an old age. i would reply back and say. " i find you very beatiful myself. i want to open the floodgates of love for you." she will go bonkers over that and actually laugh and like it.

if she is gorgeous and has a sincere kind "aura" about her. then go for it dude !!!!
That sounds like an awesome idea. I ought to try that. :)
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Falling for an older woman... ?

Post by Rock »

the_hero_of_time wrote:I wonder, would it be acceptable to fall in love with and start a relationship with an older woman? I ask this because on the Happier Abroad dating site, there is this woman who is like in her early 60's who sent me a message and she told me that I was very handsome. What should I do?
Wow, from 16 to early 60s! You have quite a broad age range. I can imagine your profile where it asks for the kind of mate you are seeking:

Nationality: Foreign

Good luck.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Rock wrote:
the_hero_of_time wrote:I wonder, would it be acceptable to fall in love with and start a relationship with an older woman? I ask this because on the Happier Abroad dating site, there is this woman who is like in her early 60's who sent me a message and she told me that I was very handsome. What should I do?
Wow, from 16 to early 60s! You have quite a broad age range. I can imagine your profile where it asks for the kind of mate you are seeking:

Good luck.
Oh, I take back the foreign part. Forgot about that mother of 3 up in Nebraska, lol.
The Arab
Freshman Poster

Post by The Arab »

uh ... is this thread a joke ?
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Rock wrote:
Rock wrote:

Good luck.
Oh, I take back the foreign part. Forgot about that mother of 3 up in Nebraska, lol.
Trust me, I have an idea of how things with "that mother of 3" might turn out, so just consider it "having fun" because I still intend to leave America as soon as possible. I kinda deserved that one though, hahaha. However, you must remember that I fell for this woman BEFORE I found out about this site.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

IMO there is a tendency for some young and inexperienced men to seek out relationships with older and more experienced women. When I was in High School, I hanged out with a Korean girl who was 2 years older. In college my first GF was 3 years older, and when I graduated, my 3rd GF in college was 1 year older. However, after that all my GF's were younger. I'm in my late 30's and the typical range of girls I dated is 7-12 years younger.

A 60-year old women might make a friend/mentor on certain subjects, but the age gap with you is way too big for a BF/GF relationship.
swincor
Freshman Poster

Post by swincor »

Yeah, I'm with the Arab on this one.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Why would you even fathom having a relationship with a 60 year old women? That's beyond bizarre for a male to consider doing... :roll:

Unless your strictly doing it for personal gain cause the bitch is rich and will keel over soon and you want to inherit her wealth, what other reasons are there to do something like that?

There's a show idea for Maury Povich or Jerry Springer or even Dr Phil...
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

momopi wrote:
IMO there is a tendency for some young and inexperienced men to seek out relationships with older and more experienced women. When I was in High School, I hanged out with a Korean girl who was 2 years older. In college my first GF was 3 years older, and when I graduated, my 3rd GF in college was 1 year older. However, after that all my GF's were younger. I'm in my late 30's and the typical range of girls I dated is 7-12 years younger.

A 60-year old women might make a friend/mentor on certain subjects, but the age gap with you is way too big for a BF/GF relationship.
That is just your conservative opinion. I don't know how old hero is but for the sake of argument, let's assume he's 30. If he is happy dating a 60 something and she in turn is happy dating him, who are you to say the age gap is way too big for a BF/GF relationship? They are both of age and that's all that matters.

When I was in Guadalajara, Mexico, I dated a Canadian girl who was from a very happy family which included her identical twin sister. She showed me lots of family photos and it all looked great. Her biological mother was 40 at the time, biological father was 81 and believe it or not, looked quite healthy and happy in the photos. Anyway, do the math, a very extreme age gap by almost any standard. So what. The family is happy and they married when the mother was of age.

I've dated women much older than myself too. Big deal. Some were great experiences. And my friend in SoCal married a Chinese girl around 25 years his junior. Guess what. They've been together happily many years. But outsiders sometimes try to judge it or put it down. So its just a matter of tuning out and ignoring the haters.
Last edited by Rock on March 13th, 2011, 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Mr S wrote:Why would you even fathom having a relationship with a 60 year old women? That's beyond bizarre for a male to consider doing... :roll:

Unless your strictly doing it for personal gain cause the bitch is rich and will keel over soon and you want to inherit her wealth, what other reasons are there to do something like that?

Maybe he just happens to like and be attracted to her. I thought this forum was about getting away from PC constraints among other things. Dating far out of your own age group is very non-PC.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

To find out what the most desirable age for a man to get into a relationship with is: take your age and divide it in half then add seven years. This is the ideal age that you should be looking for if you want to get serious with a women. I would try to keep to the age and maybe have a + or - ratio of no more than 3 years.

I read that this advise originally came from Middle Eastern sources, but can't remember exactly when and where. I think it's actually quite brilliant advice and holds up well.

So i'm 36 thus I should get along best and be dating women who are in their mid twenties or so.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Rock wrote:
Mr S wrote:Why would you even fathom having a relationship with a 60 year old women? That's beyond bizarre for a male to consider doing... :roll:

Maybe he just happens to like and be attracted to her. I thought this forum was about getting away from PC constraints among other things. Dating far out of your own age group is very non-PC.
If your a guy in your teens, 20's or 30's why would you waste your time getting into a serious relationship with a 60 year old woman? She is practically on death's door! Even if she does live for another 10-20 yrs, her best years are long gone and it only goes down hill from this point onward.

IF you just want a f**k buddy or companionship or wants to learn how to please a women and need an older one to teach you then I guess you can go for it as long as you aren't one of those types of guys that falls in love easily. I guess if I was over 45 years old and desperate and couldn't get anything else and the broad 60 or over was still palatable and I could still get my dick up for her then maybe I would go for it. But why waste your time with an old chick when you could be getting hotter and younger ones? I guess if you have a serious fetish for older turkey neck type women, then go for it.

I'm not a prude and I could care less if someone does this but the original poster is asking for advice before he jumps into anything and that's what I'm giving. Women have nothing to offer a man after they go through menopause other then companionship (probably the nagging and complaining kind) and a periodic wet hole. Most women over 45 yrs old are crazy and seem to have some kind of emotional or mental issue. As a younger man do you want to put up with that? throwing away the best years of your life watching someone waste away in front of your eyes? No thanks, watching my parents do that is hard enough let alone it being a GF or wife 30+ years older than me!
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Mr S wrote:To find out what the most desirable age for a man to get into a relationship with is: take your age and divide it in half then add seven years. This is the ideal age that you should be looking for if you want to get serious with a women. I would try to keep to the age and maybe have a + or - ratio of no more than 3 years.

I read that this advise originally came from Middle Eastern sources, but can't remember exactly when and where. I think it's actually quite brilliant advice and holds up well.

So i'm 36 thus I should get along best and be dating women who are in their mid twenties or so.
The problem with that formula for marriage is that its a moving target. The ideal age gap keeps expanding as you get older.

20 male gets matched to 17 female => 3 year age gap
30 male male gets matched to 23 female => 7 year age gap
40 male gets matched to 27 female => 13 year age gap
50 male gets matched to 32 female => 18 year age gap
60 male gets matched to 37 female => 23 age gap
70 male gets matched to 42 female => 27 age gap
80 male gets matched to 47 female => 33 age gap

So your gonna need to divorce ever 10 years or so to stay in line with the formula. That gets expensive. However, if you just wanna date, then you can trade-in every few years for a newer model, lol.

BTW, I don't think Lad would totally agree with this formula. At 50, he should be dating girls in their early 30s, around ten years older than the girls he actually dates.