Racist UCLA Girl Rants About Asians

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Freshman Poster

Racist UCLA Girl Rants About Asians

Post by 165622 »

If you haven't all seen this video already, a girl from UCLA makes a racist video about Asians in the library.

I got a good laugh out of this one.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

She is your typical American college student and a total douchebag! What an asshole she is by what she is saying about Asian people, in her snobby southern California accent!

She is your typical young, single, good looking American woman. I am sure she thinks of herself as a "princess" and "daddy's little girl." She is a good example as to why men in America should avoid American women like the plague! 8)

Here is a funny response video to the blond bimbo bitch from an Asian guy.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

jamesbond wrote:She is your typical American college student and a total douchebag! What an asshole she is by what she is saying about Asian people, in her snobby southern California accent!

She is your typical young, single, good looking American woman. I am sure she thinks of herself as a "princess" and "daddy's little girl." She is a good example as to why men in America should avoid American women like the plague! 8)

Here is a funny response video to the blond bimbo bitch from an Asian guy.

What exactly did he say? I can't see the video... :(
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
Freshman Poster

Post by 165622 »

I wonder how she got into college to begin with. It's sad that someone this ignorant could even get into UCLA.

The thing that made me laugh was when she got upset over the fact that the Asian kids had their whole family unit over to clean and cook for them. What she does not know that in Asian culture, it is very common to have strong familial ties. Parents show kids their love by cooking for them and taking care of them, and in turn, when the kids grow up, they support the elderly members of the family. This is not so common in American culture, where your parents pretty much abandon you after you turn 18. I am guessing this girl is upset because her parents don't come to cook and clean for her!

Also the tsunami reference was uncalled for. If her family members were in danger, she'd probably do the same thing and try to check up on her family to see if they were okay. (Well, maybe not, as it seems like she doesn't have family who care for her to begin with).

"OoooOoooohhh! Ching chong ling long ting tong. Oooohhh!" in Chinese means "That blonde bimbo over there is reading her book upside down."
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Ever notice that Asians are one of the easiest minority groups to pick-on in the States these days? I mean that retarded language mimic reminds me of something Rush Limbaugh said a few weeks ago when Hu Jin Tao was visiting the US. If you are a media figure and you say anything that can be construed or misconstrued as against Jews (I don't like the term anti-Semitic) or even African Americans, there is a big chance that you just ended your career, that you are finished. Not so for anti-Asian slurs.

In multi-cultural USA, Asians, by stereotype, excel at academics and fall short socially and physically. They are not considered cool as a group. But things may be changing, especially for women. As white and black girls get larger and more man-like, Asian women become an increasingly attractive alternative for media to latch onto. And China's rise is certainly gaining attention of the masses. Perhaps today's racial slurs against Asians are becoming more about feeling threatened or jealousy than anything else.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Rock wrote: In multi-cultural USA, Asians, by stereotype, excel at academics and fall short socially and physically. They are not considered cool as a group. But things may be changing, especially for women. As white and black girls get larger and more man-like, Asian women become an increasingly attractive alternative for media to latch onto. And China's rise is certainly gaining attention of the masses. Perhaps today's racial slurs against Asians are becoming more about feeling threatened or jealousy than anything else.
Asians occupy a role that's not unlike Jews did in the past..sort of a middle man that does reasonably well under the circumstances. I'd say a lot of it is due to a perceived threat but another possibility is that some Americans are just nasty people and vocal about it If you look at the comments about the recent Japan tsunami disaster some people are turning it into a time to make racist rants that tells you a lot about the mindset. The vocal bigots tend to get the spotlight.

Multicultural U.S.A. is largely fictitious though. If you look at the census the U.S. is pretty geographically divided by race.

Politics has a big hand in who gets shit on. Asians only comprise a very tiny 4% of the U.S. population that's mostly on the west coast.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Repatriate wrote:
Rock wrote: In multi-cultural USA, Asians, by stereotype, excel at academics and fall short socially and physically. They are not considered cool as a group. But things may be changing, especially for women. As white and black girls get larger and more man-like, Asian women become an increasingly attractive alternative for media to latch onto. And China's rise is certainly gaining attention of the masses. Perhaps today's racial slurs against Asians are becoming more about feeling threatened or jealousy than anything else.
Asians occupy a role that's not unlike Jews did in the past..sort of a middle man that does reasonably well under the circumstances. I'd say a lot of it is due to a perceived threat but another possibility is that some Americans are just nasty people and vocal about it If you look at the comments about the recent Japan tsunami disaster some people are turning it into a time to make racist rants that tells you a lot about the mindset. The vocal bigots tend to get the spotlight.

Multicultural U.S.A. is largely fictitious though. If you look at the census the U.S. is pretty geographically divided by race.

Politics has a big hand in who gets shit on. Asians only comprise a very tiny 4% of the U.S. population that's mostly on the west coast.

It damn sure is divided by race. Even Brasilians that aren't Afro-Brazilian don't really congregate with Afro-Brasilians in America from what I see.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Repatriate wrote:

Good points:

1. USA is not a melting pot, its a pot of stew. Segregated and not very multicultural except in certain exceptional areas.

2. I can understand why Americans born in the early 40s and before might make such cruel comments about Japan. But even then, a lot of time has passed so it still looks very bad. There's really absolutely no excuse for anyone else. Speaks volumes the social problems we have in the States.

3. The airhead in the video fits the dumb blond (valley girl?) prototype to tee, speaks more loudly than a book full of dumb blond jokes. Almost every other sentence that came out of her mouth was a gaff.

4. Yea Asian Americans make up just 4% or so of US population. But Jewish Americans make up just 1% or so. Thing is, Asian Americans are a diverse set of cultures of with several core ethnic and language groups. Lad often points out that US definition of race is very arbitrary. In this case, that seems to ring true. So do Filipino Americans, Vietnam Americans, Japanese Americans, etc. work together as an interest group to assert their political and social rights in the States?
Kunold
Freshman Poster

Post by Kunold »

As some one who lives on the West Coast and gone to schools with many Asians what she says has some truth too it .
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

What was so racist about what she said? When in Rome do as Romans do and when in America, do as what Americans do. The guy was the one who acted disrespectfully towards her. No logic, just pure emotion. He did not address the issues but just shut her up. Does not say too much about him.

Did she stick fingers at people and call out racial epithets ? Did she call them Yellow Devils? Black Haired Monkeys? Unlike Asians wont to call us when we go there. She did not even use the word 'foreigners'. Unlike in Asian countries which is the way they call us. Mockingly so. Usually daily or if you are lucky, weekly. And the local fathers will point you out to their kids and tell them : hey, see, here comes a foreign ghost man.

Where is the outrage over that?

In the meantime, it would be nice to have a video about those Asian rants against white people in Asia- in Japan, China, Thailand. They can be far more vicious. It is just that they are not in English so they are not making any impact on the Internet. It takes living in Asia and learning the languages to hear and understand the horrible things they say about you. And no one will accuse them of racism or tell them to stop or shame them. If anything, the local people and the gov'ts will even egg them on.

In Japan and in Korea they say horrible things about white people and even other Asian students all the time. Where is the rage?
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
swincor
Freshman Poster

Post by swincor »

If you look beyond the dumb "valley girl" tone of her voice, she actually has a pretty legitimate grievance. When someone's talking on the cell phone in the library, it IS rude and disrespectful of others who are trying to study. She didn't say whether or not she reported the incident to the library. If she didn't, she should have.

I'm very surprised UCLA doesn't have rules disallowing cell phone use in their library. I would have thought a university library of all places would have had such rules at least a decade ago.

Her rant wasn't dumb at all. Anway, she's got a nice rack. Not sure if they're real or not, though.

Kunold wrote:As some one who lives on the West Coast and gone to schools with many Asians what she says has some truth too it .

I agree. I think it's mostly immigrant Chinese rather than the ones born and raised in the US. I was once on a Greyhound bus late at night leaving NYC, and it was quiet inside until we stopped somewhere to pick up a bunch of Chinese family members. They were clearly immigrants, and during the ride while everyone was sleeping, they were talking VERY loudly, keeping everyone awake. I think the other passengers didn't want to be thought of as racist, or maybe they were trying to be polite like the girl in the video, because the one irate passenger who told them to shut up happened to be Chinese immigrant herself.

Another time, I was in Beijing, and at the hotel I was staying in, there was a large group of Chinese staying together in the same floor I was in. At 6 in the morning, they would be up and their doors would be open while they talked very loudly, either in their rooms or in the hallway. They simply had no consideration for the other guests on that floor, and didn't try to lower their voices or close their doors. I don't think it's hatred at all to point out behavior like this about the Chinese, or any other group for that matter. I'm sure you will find other unpleasant traits from other races or ethnic groups as well, and people should be able to point this out and criticize it if it's in their presence and it bothers them. So I don't think what that busty girl said was full of hate or anything like that, and she emphasized that point herself.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

ladislav wrote:What was so racist about what she said? When in Rome do as Romans do and when in America, do as what Americans do. The guy was the one who acted disrespectfully towards her. No logic, just pure emotion. He did not address the issues but just shut her up. Does not say too much about him.

Did she stick fingers at people and call out racial epithets ? Did she call them Yellow Devils? Black Haired Monkeys? Unlike Asians wont to call us when we go there. She did not even use the word 'foreigners'. Unlike in Asian countries which is the way they call us. Mockingly so. Usually daily or if you are lucky, weekly. And the local fathers will point you out to their kids and tell them : hey, see, here comes a foreign ghost man.

In the meantime, it would be nice to have a video about those Asian rants against white people in Asia- in Japan, China, Thailand. They can be far more vicious. It is just that they are not in English so they are not making any impact on the Internet. It takes living in Asia and learning the languages to hear and understand the horrible things they say about you. And no one will accuse them of racism or tell them to stop or shame them. If anything, the local people and the gov'ts will even egg them on.

In Japan and in Korea they say horrible things about white people and even other Asian students all the time. Where is the rage?
So what is an American and what do American's do? What makes you or me more American than an Asian person with a US Passport? You too were an immigrant to the States, right? So how are you more American than an Asian who immigrates to the States? The USA happens to encompass many cultures and and lifestyle habits so what is it exactly Americans are supposed to do? Not talk in the library. Not be rude. I suppose non-Asian Americans never do these things? Come-on.

Look, the term American refers to a nationality. The term Chinese, Korean, or Japanese refer to a nationality too but also implies a race. So as a white person, you will always be an outsider in those places. Is it that you resent the double standard - they can become Americans but you can never become Japanese/Korean/Chinese? It seems like you have a big chip on your shoulder because of this and the way you were treated in places like Japan and Thailand. But don't you understand that the special treatment doesn't always work against you? Quite often, being a foreigner has allowed me to get superior or beneficial treatment in both Taiwan and China, sometimes for very big matters. Its also helped me to have a better career and dating life, critical issues I would say.

Do these people insult us sometimes. Sure. But guess what. It happens all the time in the States too between different groups of people. I spent part of my childhood in a college town. I remember some of my classmates or neighbors would cruise through campus sometimes and whenever they saw Asians, would yell go back to your own country. Sometimes they would even throw rice at them. In big cities, people get beaten-up, sometimes even killed for being different - race, sexual orientation, even political views. How often to foreigners get attacked in Japan, Taiwan, or even Korea just for being different? Do you think the USA would be better off if we could just openly attack large groups of people based on their ethnicity or race? Maybe, maybe not. But it should apply to all groups, not just Asians.

The guy in the second vid was just doing a parody, perhaps to send a message, maybe just for entertainment, or both. So what? There were loads of them uploaded. What the girl said and they way she said it sounded so stupid. If you go to school with a high percentage of Asian students like UCLA, you should have more sense then to post something like that. As a business major at a decent uni, having basic political common sense should be a given.

Finally, I really think you sometimes exaggerate when you post in this forum about Asia. Why? Well, I read most of your e-book and there are some clear inconsistencies with what you write here. Some of what you wrote in your book more or less agrees with what I wrote on the "Thailand Paradise for White People?" thread yet you strongly disagree argue against it on this forum. I can post an example in that thread from your book.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

So what is an American and what do American's do?
The majority would be more considerate and less noisy.
What makes you or me more American than an Asian person with a US Passport? You too were an immigrant to the States, right? So how are you more American than an Asian who immigrates to the States?
She is clearly addressing foreign students, not people with US passports or anything like that. When I was an immigrant I went out of my way to adjust and be considerate of US culture and the way things are done in the US.
The USA happens to encompass many cultures and and lifestyle habits so what is it exactly Americans are supposed to do? Not talk in the library. Not be rude. I suppose non-Asian Americans never do these things? Come-on.
She is again talking mostly about foreign students who seem to behave like they do back home. Not Americans. I have seen Koreans yell loudly and laugh. Yes, Americans may do that but less often. And if they do, we can ask them to be quiet and complain about them.
Look, the term American refers to a nationality. The term Chinese, Korean, or Japanese refer to a nationality too but also implies a race. So as a white person, you will always be an outsider in those places. Is it that you resent the double standard - they can become Americans but you can never become Japanese/Korean/Chinese?

It seems like you have a big chip on your shoulder because of this and the way you were treated in places like Japan and Thailand. But don't you understand that the special treatment doesn't always work against you? Quite often, being a foreigner has allowed me to get superior or beneficial treatment in both Taiwan and China, sometimes for very big matters. Its also helped me to have a better career and dating life, critical issues I would say.
This is not the point. The point is, she was talking about so many Asia students being inconsiderate of Americans ways. That was not racism. In Asian countries they complain about Americans behaving rowdily. Is it racist?
Do these people insult us sometimes. Sure. But guess what. It happens all the time in the States too between different groups of people.
And all are welcome to criticize this and it is being criticised and is seen as bad by just about everybody.
I spent part of my childhood in a college town. I remember some of my classmates or neighbors would cruise through campus sometimes and whenever they saw Asians, would yell go back to your own country. Sometimes they would even throw rice at them.
But now you can be expelled for this in the USA. Asian students in thier countries will not be expelled by sticking fingers in foreigner's faces and calling them all kinds of names.

Sorry, 4:30 AM here. Sometimes I cannot address all the issues and continue these long arguments.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

ladislav wrote:
So what is an American and what do American's do?
The majority would be more considerate and less noisy.
What makes you or me more American than an Asian person with a US Passport? You too were an immigrant to the States, right? So how are you more American than an Asian who immigrates to the States?
She is clearly addressing foreign students, not people with US passports or anything like that. When I was an immigrant I went out of my way to adjust and be considerate of US culture and the way things are done in the US.
The USA happens to encompass many cultures and and lifestyle habits so what is it exactly Americans are supposed to do? Not talk in the library. Not be rude. I suppose non-Asian Americans never do these things? Come-on.
She is again talking mostly about foreign students who seem to behave like they do back home. Not Americans. I have seen Koreans yell loudly and laugh. Yes, Americans may do that but less often. And if they do, we can ask them to be quiet and complain about them.
Look, the term American refers to a nationality. The term Chinese, Korean, or Japanese refer to a nationality too but also implies a race. So as a white person, you will always be an outsider in those places. Is it that you resent the double standard - they can become Americans but you can never become Japanese/Korean/Chinese?

It seems like you have a big chip on your shoulder because of this and the way you were treated in places like Japan and Thailand. But don't you understand that the special treatment doesn't always work against you? Quite often, being a foreigner has allowed me to get superior or beneficial treatment in both Taiwan and China, sometimes for very big matters. Its also helped me to have a better career and dating life, critical issues I would say.
This is not the point. The point is, she was talking about so many Asia students being inconsiderate of Americans ways. That was not racism. In Asian countries they complain about Americans behaving rowdily. Is it racist?
Do these people insult us sometimes. Sure. But guess what. It happens all the time in the States too between different groups of people.
And all are welcome to criticize this and it is being criticised and is seen as bad by just about everybody.
I spent part of my childhood in a college town. I remember some of my classmates or neighbors would cruise through campus sometimes and whenever they saw Asians, would yell go back to your own country. Sometimes they would even throw rice at them.
But now you can be expelled for this in the USA. Asian students in thier countries will not be expelled by sticking fingers in foreigner's faces and calling them all kinds of names.

Sorry, 4:30 AM here. Sometimes I cannot address all the issues and continue these long arguments.
In my unis, one of which had over 1,000 students from Taiwan+China as well as a very large American born contingent, Asians tended to be the quietest and shyest. Caucasian and black students acted with a lot more bravado, sometimes even in hush places like the library. In the dorms, NE Asians would study together in big groups but were very quiet and respectful. On the other hand, other dorm residents would party and make noise, often into the wee hours. In the basement study rooms, rowdy students would often make it impossible to concentrate. They were never Asian.

The behavior in her apartment bldg. (family visits, etc.) may have included American Asians with their extended family's all living in the States.

My classmates and friends would not get expelled, cus they were not students at the uni.

"Asian students in thier countries will not be expelled by sticking fingers in foreigner's faces and calling them all kinds of names." Well I've never seen this happen. Foreign students in Taiwan generally get treated as well or better than locals, often have lower entrance requirements for quota reasons, etc. Where do people stick their fingers in your face and call you names directly??? Perhaps China 30 years or more ago. Pointing is very rude here. I don't know what planet you were on but it doesn't sound like the Asia I know. As for Thais, when I see them behave so rudely, they are generally about to fight.

How is "OHHH, CHING CHONG CHING, etc." not an racially/ethnically directed insult or as you like to say, racism? Try making similar slurs against other more powerful groups and see what happens. How can you pretend that what she said and how she said it was not directed against them? Can't you read between the lines of her speech and take on board the whole tone of her rant?

THE PROBLEM IS, THESE HOARDS OF ASIAN PEOPLE THAT UCLA ACCEPTS INTO OUR SCHOOL EVERY SINGLE YEAR...WHICH IS FINE (or is it?) blah blah, use American manners, then she goes on and complains about Asian week-end family get togethers in her building, pampering their children, and that they are the only rude students in the library, etc. Hmmm, in my uni, the rudest people tended to be drunk frat boys and sorority bitches who thought they owned the campus. And there were always a small group of guys in the dorm who didn't give a shit about others who wanted to sleep after 11pm and make noise, play cards all night in the lounge, drink and smoke, etc. The graduate dorms where many of the Asian students lived were much more quiet and civil.

If we classify Asian as a race, some of her remarks were racist in that they demonstrated some intolerance of Asian family customs, implied that they were ruder than other groups, and mocked their languages. As for the rudeness, she is basing her assumptions on her own personal experience in the library and perhaps on campus. That's hardly conclusive.
Last edited by Rock on March 16th, 2011, 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

ladislav wrote:What was so racist about what she said? When in Rome do as Romans do and when in America, do as what Americans do. The guy was the one who acted disrespectfully towards her. No logic, just pure emotion. He did not address the issues but just shut her up. Does not say too much about him.

Two wrongs don't make a right Ladislav. Aren't you the one always saying how racist America is, and yet you are defending the racism from this women? Huh? And sure East Asians are racist, but no one here is defending them either. You must really hold a grudge against Asian people, I see. Racism should be denounced no matter who is doing the racism.