Advice about going to a Anglo Country

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Advice about going to a Anglo Country

Post by aozora13 »

Hello,

This website was one of the original forums that has helped to try to work in another country. I realize that most English countries have generally bad women. However, I am trying to choose the 'less' evil and I seriously do not want to be a teacher. I am trying to go to Australia on a Working and Holiday Visa for Americans. Currently, being an idiot, I mentioned this to my mother about going since I already received my Visa. It could be a good life choice. I am trying to try new ground. I would say just to gain a different viewpoint and possibly something I have not gained in the United States. I am just asking guys if you think that me going to this country for be okay for at least short term? I am non-white, American so I guess it might not be too good since the aboriginal issue that has been apparent in Oz. However, I was treated well by most people once they knew me. I hope that I get some decent advice and feedback. I am hoping to go in April this year and hoping to stay longer. I am just tired of the US and the same things over and over again. As I am saying I just want a decent work environment. I can get women from nearby Asian countries and/or just go my own way.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

That's a good question, which "anglo country" would be the lesser of all the evils. I have heard unpleasant things about the women in all of them but it seems like Australia might the best of the lot.

Of course we know American women might be the worse women in all of the "anglosphere" with women from the UK not far behind. I have heard numerous guys who live in Canada say the women there are horrible and horrifying! :shock:

This leads up to Australia and New Zealand. I think the women from those two countries might be the best of what you will find in the anglosphere (which isn't saying much). :lol:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

English women had a bad rap since, well forever really :lol: at least since the Victorian era...
The quality of life should be much higher in Australia compared to the US/UK police states. Of course Julia Gillard, a Fabian Society whore, is Australia's new Prime Minister so they're catching up quick to the pace of the new world order. Still you get the feeling like the place still has some life left in it
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

The average white Aussie is pretty racist in comparison to Americans. I know a bunch that live here in PI. IF you stick to the cities you shouldn't have many issues but if you start going to smaller towns outside of the cities you may get harassed a bit. For all their push for a multiracial country and immigration policy, white Aussies that have been living in Australia for a while don't typically care for brown or black people from what I have observed. They may not say it to your face but among other whites the truth gets out.

Even here in Philippines the Aussies are dating and f***ing Filipina and still calling them all kinds of names and what not to guys like me when they got a few beers in them.

I guess it would be comparable to going to southern redneck towns in the states where the majority of the population is white and they don't like having other races around.

I wouldn't let what I say dissuade you from going, Australia is a lot cooler to hang in then America, just be careful of the redneck Aussies I guess outside the cities.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
DaRick
Freshman Poster

Post by DaRick »

aozora13, I think I've held lengthy discussions with you on why I wouldn't move to Australia. Not that I should dictate what occurs in your life, but anyway. It is indeed America-lite: trashy, conformist and anti-intellectual, not to mention both puritan and hedonistic.

Mr S is correct; whilst Australia's brand of racism is mild compared to the genocidal racism seen in places in Sudan, it can be quite vicious. This is because Australians are not known for their empathy and tact at the best of times...and yes, because they are racist, imperialist morons, they deride Asian girls as being 'easy' whilst not realising that your typical Australian girl behaves like a Filipina bar girl...to her targeted audience anyway. Basically, they are fonder of 'playa' types than they should be - but then you're familiar with that mentality already.

However, you imply that you plan to 'pump and dump' Australia if possible, which is an excellent idea, given the weak Indonesian and Filipino currencies and the strong AUD.
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

aozora13, have you considered English-speaking countries that are not exactly "Anglo", such as some of the smaller ones in the Caribbean or some of the English-speaking African countries? What about South Africa?
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Re: Advice about going to a Anglo Country

Post by Jackal »

aozora13 wrote: This website was one of the original forums that has helped to try to work in another country. I realize that most English countries have generally bad women. However, I am trying to choose the 'less' evil and I seriously do not want to be a teacher.
There are other work options in non-Anglo countries besides teaching English, but it all depends on your education. High-tech skills are in demand right now in Eastern Europe, so if you have a computer science or engineering degree, you might be able to find a job. I think Americans are famous for their business skills, so if you have a business or economics degree, you might be able to get a business job. But I don't know much about these things personally.

Education is basically the key to having more employment options overseas.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

I used to chat with a DJ who is African American. He split the USA for Oz years ago, never to be heard from again. I doubt he was kidnapped. He was having a blast down there.
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Post by aozora13 »

Thanks everyone. I am just looking since originally I wanted to work in Europe but the problem I have is that there are not many option to go to Europe and I found that in Oz at least you can work for a year to stay longer. I am not fully sure about my ultimate decision to go. I am actually a little down over the issue as I see that there is no good decision I can make but I definitely cannot stay in the US.
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

agreed with J.adama here. The Aussie women as far as i know LOVE BLACK GUYS. i am african american myself and have had very good experiences with an aussie lady. on facebook she gave a comment on my avatar picture that read " MMMMMM...black " hahahaha :lol:
i_want_a_hot_white_chick
Freshman Poster

Different parts of the country

Post by i_want_a_hot_white_chick »

Hi aozora13,

If you feel compelled to stay in an English speaking country then I think that there is more variation within different Anglo countries than there is between them. For example, I think that in some parts of the central US, such as Nebraska, the Dakotas, and Minnesota outside of the cities people are much friendlier. Now I don't think that these areas are as good as outside of the Anglosphere but they are much better than the coastal parts of the US. I've been to different parts of the US and there is definitely a difference between Nebraska and New Jersey. You might want to try moving to a small town in the central US if you would rather stay in an English speaking area.

If you want to move to Australia, my guess is that different parts of Australia would differ just as different parts of the US differ so research different areas of Australia and stay out of the big cities.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

I'd have to disagree that the rural heartlands of America are "better" that's where you tend to find the most conservative narrow minded views as well as religious fanaticism. I've stayed in small towns and even in medium sized midwestern type cities people are in each others business like none other. Plus they have a very clannish mentality where outsiders are looked at with some degree of suspicion. Cliquishness is also much more extreme where you have little groups trying to put on airs with each other.

Plus contrary to popular opinion the number of attractive datable women drops off sharply in the smaller states. Young people tend to migrate to the bigger cities so you get a bunch of old, nosy, people concerned with "out of staters" and bible thumping.
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Post by aozora13 »

Update: I decided that I will actually go to Europe. Yes, I know another feminist bastion. However, this is a decent opportunity for a traineeship that I will receive help. Now, I have question. I am going to Vienna for 1 year and from the company talking to me, they are looking for a long-term possibility. (I am hoping that).

The pay sadly is half of what I usually make because it is an internship/traineeship position. I have a 2 friends. One friend is telling me that if most of the salary per month I make is going to pay for living expenses, the only way I can travel will be through part of my savings on breaks. He believes I should stay in America and use my credentials and a security clearance to look for better work since I have received some IT certifications.

I have another friend who is a pilot who is trying to get an international license (JAA) in order to work abroad and it cuts away the seniority path that pilots have to go through. Anyway, he was encouraging and said how it will possibly change me for the better and for me to try to out of my box.

So, in easier terms, through a organization that organizes internships/traineeships for 18-30 year olds to do either short-term and/or longer term assignments in a given country, I am just asking if I should possibly pursue this opportunity. I interviewed with the company and Basically after a few days they accepted me for the position. I am hoping I can try to pursue this because in the interview they mentioned that they are looking for more or a long-term employee so hopefully things can turnout well.

Does anyone have suggestions if I should pursue this or just stay in 'wonderful' America to make more money but have to really go out my way to meet people?
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

You can always earn money later. If I were you, I'd take this opportunity, since it's really unique and will give you memories and experience that most other people could only dream of. A year in Vienna...are you kidding? GO! I lived in Europe for 6 years and was generally very poor, but I always found ways to travel, plus the public transportation system there is so much better than here. I even hitchhiked a lot. I visited over a dozen countries during my time there, and was effectively "poor". Looking back, it was some of the best experiences of my life. I'm thrilled to be going back to Europe in a few months to live again.

And not all European countries are feminist. Ever been to Greece, Italy, Portugal or Spain?
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Yeah, I agree with Red Dog: Go for it!

If you're determined to travel, you can cut your expenses and find cheap ways to travel. In Vienna--as in most European cities--I imagine that you can get by just fine without a car, which is a major expense that you then don't have anymore. And so many very different places are so close together in European. You just need to hop on the train for a few hours and you'll be someplace completely different. Also, you can travel in Eastern Europe very cheaply. It's not like you have to go to Switzerland and buy jeweled watches and caviar in order to have a good time.

Ignore your friends. Most Americans will come up with any wild excuse to avoid travelling and experiencing different cultures outside of very artificial group tours.

If you stay in America, yes, you'd probably make more money, but you get much less vacation time and you're much further from Europe; therefore, your ability to travel would still be extremely limited and you'd be an American company's bitch and have live by all kinds of feminist and P.C. policies that you'd have to follow. Austria may be a bit P.C., but I think you could still be a man there--and Hungary is right next door!

If you pass up this opportunity now, you'll probably regret it forever. But if don't like it, you can always go back to the US or move somewhere else later. The choice is clear to me at least: Go!