Why I'm tired of living in Angeles City, where to move to?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Winston
Site Admin

Why I'm tired of living in Angeles City, where to move to?

Post by Winston »

I'm really tired of living in Angeles City. It is filthy and attracts scums and greedy people. I don't understand why so many expats live here. Who would want to retire to a slum-like area? There is nothing in Angeles but go go bars, which is not a good place to hang out regularly.

Plus, Angeles is not good for sensitive people. It is hard on the body to get into jeepneys and trikes all the time. To live comfortably here, you have to spend a lot of money, not be on a budget. The greed and shamelessness here also get to you too. The expats who seem to tolerate it here are the cold insensitive strong macho types, which I am not.

The worst thing about Angeles is that it's like a slum with NO NATURE at all to walk around. Everywhere else I've lived has had parks and hiking trails of some sort, except here. That's gotta be the worst thing, not to have any parks or natural settings here. There simply is no nice place to walk. And even if there were, it's too hot and humid most of the time to go out anyway! That's crazy! How do the locals here tolerate that? I ask them and they don't seem to want to talk about it.

Everything here is all concrete and pollution, and artificial and commercial, with nothing fresh or natural. Manila is the same. It's no wonder why no travel/expat websites list Angeles or Manila as nice places to live or retire. They are simply NOT nice places to live, period.

Worst of all, I have constant health problems in Angeles, dozens of them, almost everyday. Why? How come others here aren't complaining too? In America, I never had health problems, rarely went to the doctor, got the flu only once every three years, etc. so I know the problem must be environment-related. I think heat, humidity and pollution are the worst combination. I've suffered too long under it. My body feels VERY uncomfortable here. I don't get why everyone in Angeles doesn't just pick up and move. It's insane living here. It's a total shithole. Why put up with that just for cheap sex with low quality girls? It's not worth it, to destroy your health and spirituality just for that.

Can anyone suggest a better place to live in the Philippines with fresher air and some nature to walk around at least? I do plan to do some traveling around the Philippines to seek greener pastures, but Angeles is like a vortex that bogs you down with responsibilities and errands that are hard to get done cause there are always delays that you can't control. It's all part of the chaotic vibe here.

Any suggestions of where to check out? What area is good for people on a budget who do not like to spend too much?

Other complaints about Angeles City:

- 99 percent of the bar girls are butt ugly, trashy or ghetto looking. It takes a lot of time and luck to find one decent looking bar girl. Also, their skin is not smooth, and their feet often look dirty and dusty with short stubby toes which look barbaric and unfeminine. They are not clever or refined like Chinese, Japanese or Korean girls. Thus they don't fit the tastes of refined Asian Americans. Occasionally I find an exception though, but the exception is like 1 in 100.

Note: What's weird and kind of gross is that Filipinas often wear sandals that expose their feet, which is often the LEAST attractive part of their body. That is a horrible tactical blunder, since one ought to conceal the least attractive part of their body or at least try to improve on it. But they freely expose it, even though it downgrades their appearance. Their feet often look dirty and dusty... eeewww... as if they've been walking barefoot on dirt and mud, which looks uncivilized and unfeminine and is a sexual turnoff to me. (Yes, as you might have guessed, I have a feet fetish, which is why I focus on this and am turned off by it) Yet they freely flaunt it without shame or embarrassment. Furthermore, some also have hairy legs and refuse to shave them, claiming that it is more "natural" to let the hair grow on their legs if you ask them about it. (Fortunately though, my Filipina girlfriend has long skinny toes and decent looking feet)

- The bar environment is not good to be in on a regular basis. They can be a lot of fun at first in the short-term. But the vibes in them feel pushy and greedy and the environment is of a very hustling nature. They constantly incite you to be a big spender, as if your cash were unlimited everyday. Your intelligence is also constantly insulted as they constantly treat you like you're a stupid spender who is easy to manipulate, even if you're the hardest sell in the world. It not a peaceful place with honest sincere vibes. If you are in them for too long, you begin to feel like scum and feel a loss of dignity.

- The sex here is like a routine and feels mechanical. It lacks passion and tension, and of course, it's hard to find a Filipina that you have a mental attraction with too, since they are so simple and unrefined/unsophisticated. So the spark is missing. I have met a few bar girls in the past who made love with a lot of passion, which I'll never forget, but that was back in 2007. I can't seem to find such types anymore. Every year, the bar girls want more money and are willing to spend less time with you. Hardly any of them do "long time" anymore. Even if they say they will do, they still try to bail within 2 hours. It's so dishonest and a big let down, especially when you get all excited about one of them.

- Trikes are overly priced in Angeles, not only for foreigners, but for Filipinos as well, who complain about it too. And there are too many trikes in Angeles that annoy you by constantly calling out to you, "Trike, Trike, Trike" and "Hey boss..." All in all, it's an annoying routine to endure.

- Most products and foods here fall into two extremes: 1) cheap and shitty quality, or 2) decent quality but imported and over-priced. It's hard to find a middle ground between those two extremes. Plus, only in the third world can you be inside a nice clean shopping center, only to walk out the front door and be immediately hounded by beggars in rags...

- The air and smog is horrible and poisonous. There is no class and standards here. When you are here too long, you feel like you are compromising your health and standards, and hanging around people who drag you down, not up, making you lose pride. It's hard to find decent people, since such types are more conservative and less open.

- The lower classes and bar girls often lack any form of pride, honor or dignity. They seem to have no ability to feel shame, which is evident from their behaviors and actions. When you are around people like that for too long, you suddenly realize that you are compromising your own pride, dignity and status by associating with such types, which feels like a disgrace.
Last edited by Winston on July 23rd, 2011, 12:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Why don't you find some interests that will bring you in closer contact with middle class or "regular" Filipinos, Winston?

I cut down on my contact with western expat males a lot in Thailand because many are only interested in going to night clubs, whoring gogos/bars, or ensconced in abject negativity. I started to scuba dive and enjoy the "outdoor" activities and have met a lot of interesting foreigners as well as a lot of middle/upper middle class Thais that are not part of the conventional social circle in cities like Bangkok. Plus a lot of attractive girls are into the "adventure" sports.

The Phillipines is a great place for outdoor activities maybe you should try plugging into that social scene. I don't know whether that would work out for you though you seem to be the sedentary lifestyle type. :lol:
TRADER1972
Freshman Poster

Post by TRADER1972 »

For fresh air and pure relaxation visit Baguio. My best times were there and its the place I would consider most likely to move to. I was just discussing that today. Also the weather is cooler and much more pleasant. I am not aware of whether bar girls exist there, though. You will see its different than Angeles, Olongopo, Pampanga.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Winston, I think it's great that you're considering moving someplace with a more positive atmosphere. Where you live makes all the difference in my experience.

My stereotype of the Philippines is that it's all beautiful beaches and lush jungles, but I guess that isn't always the case.

Good luck with your plans to move.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Jackal wrote: My stereotype of the Philippines is that it's all beautiful beaches and lush jungles, but I guess that isn't always the case.
Consider our image of beautiful beaches with clean/pristine white sand. In reality it's not always possible due to erosion and deposits from the ocean. In Boracay the beach has lots of little bits of coral that hurts your feet when you walk on it, so the beachfront hotels send staff out at 4am to rake the sand and make sure it's nice and clean for the guests. The sand in question is often not from the beach but trucked in from inland areas, and spread out with a bulldozer:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beach_nourishment

Winston wrote:I'm really tired of living in Angeles City. It is filthy and attracts scums and greedy people. I don't understand why so many expats live here. Who would want to retire to a slum-like area? There is nothing in Angeles but go go bars, which is not a good place to hang out regularly.
Let's say if you decide to go to Thailand. The country has 76 provinces and is slightly larger than Spain. Despite the size and geographic variety, will you end up in a go-go bar area?
dsc
Freshman Poster

Post by dsc »

Presuming you want to stay in the Philippines..

In or nearby Cebu City?
swincor
Freshman Poster

Re: Why I'm tired of living in Angeles City, where to move t

Post by swincor »

Winston wrote:I'm really tired of living in Angeles City. It is filthy and attracts scums and greedy people. I don't understand why so many expats live here. Who would want to retire to a slum-like area? There is nothing in Angeles but go go bars, which is not a good place to hang out regularly.

And you only found this out recently? After living there for nearly 5 years? Congratulations!

You really should cut out this habit of yours of talking down to your readers like this, Winston. Everything you say about AC, you say as though we were too dumb to figure out what it took you nearly 5 years. I'd bet most of us would not have tolerated staying there for more than a week before dying to get the hell out for greener pastures.

I'm actually very skeptical of your plan to travel around, given your aversion to any kind of physical activity or initiative. But since you ask, I'd say somewhere in Thailand would be your best bet.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

I lived in Davao City which is bit pricy.
I think Iloilo City or on Negros Island in the western and central Visayas you should scurry that out, man.

LET ME TAKE THAT BACK..

Winston, go to eastern Visayas on Leyte and Samar. There are more conservative Pinay types and more family-oriented.

I have met bar girls from there while in Angeles City whom were relocated either against their will by their mamasan or willingly wanted to make money to support their families back in Leyte/Samar.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Leyte and Samar? If the bar girls in Angeles come from there, then how can it be any good? I heard there is nothing to do there.

How can it be conservative? Dianne told me that the bar girls learned to act flirty and slutty from having nothing to do in Leyte and Samar?

How come every time I ask a bar girl in Angeles City, "How come most bar girls here come from Leyte and Samar? What is their connection to Angeles City?" they always reply that they don't know? Surely an obvious connection like that must have an obvious reason?

Strange how you often cannot get explanations in the Philippines.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

swincor,
FYI, Rock said yesterday regarding Angeles City, "This is a pretty fun place." I guess he is still enjoying "Adult Disneyland" hehehe.

E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Winston wrote:Leyte and Samar? If the bar girls in Angeles come from there, then how can it be any good? I heard there is nothing to do there.

How can it be conservative? Dianne told me that the bar girls learned to act flirty and slutty from having nothing to do in Leyte and Samar?

How come every time I ask a bar girl in Angeles City, "How come most bar girls here come from Leyte and Samar? What is their connection to Angeles City?" they always reply that they don't know? Surely an obvious connection like that must have an obvious reason?

Strange how you often cannot get explanations in the Philippines.
No offense, Winston, but damn, not every single young girl that lives in Leyte/Samar is a prostitute or even wants to become one. And if you "beat up the p***y", Winston, they won't go anywhere rest assured. Tourism isn't greatly affluent in that part of the country.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

I have to admit, Winston, I am also very surprised it took you this long to figure this out, I have never been to Angeles, but based on the places I have been, I would hazard a guess that there is nowhere you can go. You may have a nice honeymoon period in your new place for a short while, but you will soon find it to be the same thing! Most of the things you mention in your list are everywhere in the Philippines. I could probably add quite a few more you would easily agree with. You may just have to accept that the Philippines is not a match for you. You went for the girls and not that they have lost their luster, you find there is nothing else worth staying for.

Cebu has many good points, but I think you would be hard pressed to a place to live as cheap as where you are now. Even the squatter areas cost more there it seems. It also has some much nicer places to visit and eat, but it will likely be way outside your budget. You already said it, to live anything approaching a decent life, you have to spend a lot of money.

Living in the provinces can have its benefits. Most of the things on your list are still present, except it wouldn't be hard on your health and green is everywhere. It is true, though, there will be nothing to do. My second trip there was for a very different purpose than getting girls and having nightlife fun. It was to live as cheap as possible and do my internet business stuff. Living cheap in the province was great for that, except maybe it was so easy it made me lazy. I often spent weeks just catching up, via cheap DVDs and eventually downloads, on all the US TV shows and movies I missed. I wouldn't work at all and still made more than enough to live great there. By live great, I don't mean living in a 20,000 peso, decked out western pad. I lived in a simple room, cooked at home and mostly sat in front of my computer. Occasionally went out with my girlfriend. That's about it.

Perhaps what you are looking for is not to be found in the Philippines at all. Have you considered another location where you could b happier abroad?
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Winston, have you ever thought about moving to China? You can speak Chinese, right?

It's big country, so you might find some part of it that you like. If you speak the language, that's a natural advantage for you.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Terrence,
It didn't take me this long to figure it out. I figured it out back in 2008 and even ranted about it on this forum years ago. The problem is that when you live somewhere and have an apartment, furnishings, girlfriend, etc. it tends to tie you down. Plus I am very busy with a lot of things and don't have time to travel or move usually, and stuff always comes up. You can't make rational decisions in the Philippines because the chaos in the vibe here affects your mind. It's hard to explain.

Anyhow, Rock is here and seems to enjoy it and is having fun. He says that Angeles City is what Pattaya was 15 years ago.
Last edited by Winston on April 10th, 2011, 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jackal wrote:Winston, have you ever thought about moving to China? You can speak Chinese, right?

It's big country, so you might find some part of it that you like. If you speak the language, that's a natural advantage for you.
I am considering that too. I speak basic Chinese but am not fluent in it. Where in China should I go to?