Do Filipinas have any passion or soul? I'm confused

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Do Filipinas have any passion or soul? I'm confused

Post by Winston »

Do Filipinas have any soul or passion?

On the one hand, Filipinas seem sweet, gentle and tender on the outside. But when you find out their views on life or the meaning of it, they seem cold and practical. They will usually say that their only ambition is to "make money to support my family and get them a house and lot" or something like that. It's like that's all there is to life.

If they had any true passion, they'd have some more ambition. But it seems they are cold and practical in their thinking.

Yet Filipinos are reputed to be "super rich in heart". How can that be?

Moreover, people with passion and soul tend to have a conscience and pride/dignity don't they? But Filipinas seem to have this "I don't give a shit" attitude, as if it were a part of their nature. They just don't take things seriously and seem unable to as well, as if they were unfeeling or sociopathic. It's an odd paradoxical mix since they seem sweet and caring on the outside. It's hard to know what to make of it. But they definitely seem UNABLE to feel any sort of shame, which is shocking.

Most Filipinas say that they are romantic and like romantic things. But I just get a "romantic vibe" from them for some reason. I don't know why. It's like the chemistry between us doesn't produce enough "tension" for real romance.

Something seems to be missing in them. I don't feel a spark in them or any "Romeo and Juliet" type of feeling for a Filipina like I have for white girls in the past. Could it be that I just don't vibe with them at a deeper level?

Some of the hot Filipinas seem really empty and flat inside once you get to know them. Dianne is an exception of course.

I don't understand the heart of the Filipina. It doesn't make sense to me and it is not like my own. I live for passion and I don't connect in that way with them.

Plus they seem to be on some sort of "ignorant happiness pill" as if they are dumb and retarded and not aware of things. They have a very low awareness level and that often makes them inconsiderate, reckless and short-sighted.

They just seem to be in a different zone, even if they are nice.

Moreover, they seem to have no depth or intensity in their soul. But of course, only someone with a deep soul would notice this, whereas someone with no depth in their soul would not notice it and would instead ask me the stupid question, "How do you define a deep soul?" (sigh)

Any thoughts?
Last edited by Winston on April 23rd, 2011, 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Baron
Freshman Poster

sigh............

Post by Baron »

Sigh.................

You are expecting that from a normal filipina girl who is in the 70% low class? Come on, Bro... WAKE UP!!!

Just put things in this way... Would you go to Bronx and talk to a kid living in the ghetto there and ask
"Hey Young Fella, what is your dream in your life? What kind of profession would you like to have when you grow up?"

What do you think they will answer to you?

Probably "None", "I don't care", or "Make a lot of money!"

-----------------------------

Simply, if you were born and lived in an environment where there was nothing given for them to dream for.. or never given a proper family education and chance to think for something productive in their lives....

What would be the case.
If you see unusual things happening, tell yourself "Welcome to the Philippines!!" and you can finally understand the truth...
Baron
Freshman Poster

Post by Baron »

70% of this country's population are living in that typical dilemma...
They got nothing from their birth.. And all they have seen was no hope but their survival....

Can you blame them and say they have no soul?

It is truly wrong and unbiased...
If you see unusual things happening, tell yourself "Welcome to the Philippines!!" and you can finally understand the truth...
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

I think passion and soul is all they have. Ambition is another story, and I don't see them as connected. Sure, a self made man like Steve Jobs has a passion for making gadgets that he translated into a great company which led to riches, but that is not the only kind of passion in the world.

In Philippines, and from what I read, many parts of South America, people have a passion for life. This means living real life, family, friends, fun etc. They consider work to be wholly separate and often unimportant, something that you simply to support living life. It's a different culture. Many American people make work their life and all things are in support of that. Many people in other cultures, will drink and party with their friends, to the wee hours of the morning, even if they have work the next day. It's different priorities.

I found the Filipina way of "existing" refreshing. It keeps life simple, and seriously, why does life need to be anything more than simple. This should not be mistaken for not having dreams or goals. This way of thinking can, I believe, be equally applied to dreams or goals.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

Post by ErikHeaven »

My filipina tells me her passion is to be a great wife and mother for our future children. Thats all the passion i need. She is not complicated like American Women she is just SIMPLE. And simple is her favorite word.
I love and accept her for who she and her culture is:Loving, friendly,caring,selfless,kind,tender. You know what i was talking to her and i had a migraine and she starting crying. She really felt my pain. I NEVER and i do mean NEVER had any american woman do that for me!
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

Winston your posts now are identical to what you posted about America, Americans, American Women and American Culture, except now the country is the RP.

"Do Filipinas have any soul or passion?"
"Americans have no soul or passion besides work."
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Re: Do Filipinas have any passion or soul? I'm confused

Post by globetrotter »

Winston wrote:But they definitely seem UNABLE to feel any sort of shame, which is shocking.
No, it is not.

Winston, for someone who is a second or first generation Chinese-American, you have assimilated to the Protestant, White, Northern European culture completely. You know far less about Asian and Confucian cultures than I do and you have Aunts and Uncles who live in Taiwan.

All SE/NE Asian cultures have no sense of shame as a quality that exists within people as you encounter them. This is why the idea of 'Face' was created, so that when 'face' is lost, then shame can be imposed from without, from society onto the person. But as far as FEELING shame independently of someone imposing restrictions upon behavior, SE Asians simply lack this. It does not exist.

All great religions and philosophical tombs are reactions to fill the void that exists within that society:
-US Christianity obsesses over 'The Brotherhood of Man'. Why? Well, because Americans have -zero- sense of brotherhood. Everyone is a stranger.
-SE Asia has Confucian concepts of honoring your ancestors, honoring those with age or titles, and filial piety. Why? Because there was a time when no one honored mom and dad and left them to die.
-Confucian cultures have the idea of 'face' so that you respect those above your station. Why? Because the lack of respect for authority caused repeated rounds of chaos during the Warring States Period and the Chinese wish to avoid chaos at all costs.

This quality (total internal lack of shame) exists from Malaysia to Japan and as far west as Bangladesh.

Are there exceptions? Of course. But generally speaking most, if not all, SE/NE Asians lack shame inside their personality and being. It simply is not there.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Globe, why are you lumping NE Asians and SE Asians in the same group? They are totally different. Some even argue that SE Asians are not real Asians.

NE Asians (e.g. Taiwan) DO feel shame. Lots of shame. Not just cause of face. They have a conscience and sense of right and wrong. And they have EMPATHY for the consequences of their actions. When you lack empathy, you become a sociopath. Empathy gives you the ability to feel guilt, shame, etc. Come on now.

Perhaps Filipinas lack empathy then? I don't know. So how come I don't feel romantic around Filipinas? Maybe my genes reject them as "dating down" so my passion isn't activated around them, whereas my genes see white women as "dating up" and so my romance genes are activated around them? Could that be?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Baron
Freshman Poster

hm...

Post by Baron »

There is a big difference between NE Asians and SE Asians...
However, it is not easily distinquished by other people... but still, there is a big difference in GENERAL....

Winston, if you ever meet a high class woman or a young lady from a good and rich family in Philippines,
you will see a totally different world which will destroy all your ideas about Filipinas...
However, dealing with these females is super difficult not like those you are chatting and bluffing with everyday..

It is just about the ones you are always meeting and your qualification to meet the right people to spark you on.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I'm not sure if "rich families" in the Philippines are going to also be "good families" as well, with all the deep corruption and all. Good people are sociable and friendly, at least by the world's definition of "good people", not snobby and closed.

globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

Winston wrote:Globe, why are you lumping NE Asians and SE Asians in the same group? They are totally different. Some even argue that SE Asians are not real Asians.
Because of observed similarities in behavior. You mention a lack of shame, I see it here in China. QED.
NE Asians (e.g. Taiwan) DO feel shame. Lots of shame. Not just cause of face. They have a conscience and sense of right and wrong. And they have EMPATHY for the consequences of their actions. When you lack empathy, you become a sociopath. Empathy gives you the ability to feel guilt, shame, etc. Come on now.
I live here and I don't see it.

They only have shame when you call them on it. THEN they express shame, but you have to point out to them that something should not be done, is wrong, or causes someone to lose face. If you do not point it out to them, they will do any action without limitation until they are caught.

Without some exterior social force pointing out that X behavior is shameful, NE Asians will act without boundary to infinity. Anyone who has done business with the Chinese can readily attest to this fact.

Is this all of them? No. But if you have daily dealings with them, you will encounter this concept every single day.

-Businessmen who sell poisoned baby formula that kills or destroys an infant's kidneys
-Fake cranes shipped from ports
-Contracts that are simply ignored from their perspective, but the counter party is bound. Contracts are for you, they aren't for them.
-Will charge anything for any merchandise if they can unless you stop them or walk
-The Constant Grift and Con
-Watered down beer, Red Bull, soda,...anything
-Fake anything and everything
-Moral flexibility about everything and everyone
Maybe my genes reject them as "dating down" so my passion isn't activated around them, whereas my genes see white women as "dating up" and so my romance genes are activated around them? Could that be?
If this is the case then you are self-destructing. White women mostly live in Anglo Cultures and those societies are poisoned beyond repair. Sure there are some in EU, Russia, the FSU and Brasil, but most of the white women on this rock speak English and it destroys them.
Last edited by globetrotter on April 15th, 2011, 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Do Filipinas have any passion or soul? I'm confused

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Do Filipinas have any soul or passion?

On the one hand, Filipinas seem sweet, gentle and tender on the outside. But when you find out their views on life or the meaning of it, they seem cold and practical. They will usually say that their only ambition is to "make money to support my family and get them a house and lot" or something like that. It's like that's all there is to life.

If they had any true passion, they'd have some more ambition. But it seems they are cold and practical in their thinking.

Yet Filipinos are reputed to be "super rich in heart". How can that be?

Moreover, people with passion and soul tend to have a conscience and pride/dignity don't they? But Filipinas seem to have this "I don't give a shit" attitude, as if it were a part of their nature. They just don't take things seriously and seem unable to as well, as if they were unfeeling or sociopathic. It's an odd paradoxical mix since they seem sweet and caring on the outside. It's hard to know what to make of it. But they definitely seem UNABLE to feel any sort of shame, which is shocking.

Most Filipinas say that they are romantic and like romantic things. But I just get a "romantic vibe" from them for some reason. I don't know why. It's like the chemistry between us doesn't produce enough "tension" for real romance.

Something seems to be missing in them. I don't feel a spark in them or any "Romeo and Juliet" type of feeling for a Filipina like I have for white girls in the past. Could it be that I just don't vibe with them at a deeper level?

Some of the hot Filipinas seem really empty and flat inside once you get to know them. Dianne is an exception of course.

I don't understand the heart of the Filipina. It doesn't make sense to me and it is not like my own. I live for passion and I don't connect in that way with them.

Plus they seem to be on some sort of "ignorant happiness pill" as if they are dumb and retarded and not aware of things. They have a very low awareness level and that often makes them inconsiderate, reckless and short-sighted.

They just seem to be in a different zone, even if they are nice.

Any thoughts?
I think you might have touched on something interesting when you told me that perhaps their genes don't vibe well with your genes. In other words, the way they seem is dependent on the observer too. I've never felt real passion from Thais or Filipinas. I've lusted for them but never loved them. As you say, there is something missing, at least from the ones I've know or interacted with.

In contrast, I have experienced something deep with Chinese from Taiwan and China even though I am clearly a foreigner in those places. Some of these people are able to enter my zone, I feel something deep. And if you really love, you can also be loved. Yes, in spite of what has been written, I believe women are capable of loving back.

Many other westerners will have a hard time finding love in the mysterious countries of NE Asia but will easily find it in relatively westernized PI or even Thailand or Indonesia. A lot depends on the person and how he connects or does not with the locals in a given countries.

Others will find lots of passion in certain LatAm countries. Brazilian girls, if they fall for you, can be extremely possessive and jealous (so can the guys). If you are with this type and are on their wavelength, you will never doubt their passion.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here's what I wrote an expat friend today regarding Filipina love and passion, or lack of it.

"I've come to realize that Filipinas can often "create love" out of necessity, but it is more of a love that emanates from survival instinct rather than passion. It's like they can force themselves to love someone out of practical necessity. It's a skill I could never do. That is why I do not sense true passion from them. Also, they tend to be practical about life rather than passionate. I mean, they view things in terms of their practical benefit to them, even though they act on instinct and emotion. (not true passion)

In that sense, I'd say they don't have much soul. The feelings in them are not intense. They are very light and based on practical need. You know what I mean?

This is why the "love" I feel here is not satisfying. It doesn't come from their soul. It comes out of need and survival instinct."

(but then again, maybe it's because I've experienced too many bar girls? however, I am told that this is basic Filipina nature, to create love out of practical necessity)

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

That's a great point Rock. And I'm glad you noticed it too. There is just no INTENSITY in Filipina love. There is anger, jealously, etc. which are basic emotions, but not any intense passion or feeling, at least not of a deep kind.

What this tells me is that their souls are not truly deep, at least by my standards. They may like "love songs" out of sentiment, but it's a shallow sentiment that is only surface level.

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

globetrotter wrote:
Winston wrote:Globe, why are you lumping NE Asians and SE Asians in the same group? They are totally different. Some even argue that SE Asians are not real Asians.
Because of observed similarities in behavior. You mention a lack of shame, I see it here in China. QED.
I live here and I don't see it.
They only have shame when you call them on it. THEN they express shame, but you have to point out to them that something should not be done, is wrong, or causes someone to lose face. If you do not point it out to them, they will do any action without limitation until they are caught.
There are plenty of bad apples, but you'd find "conscience" and "sense of right and wrong" with the guy who stood in front of the tank below, and the tank's driver & commander who refused to run him over, delaying the entire tank column against military orders.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrQqDqOx ... re=related[/youtube]