When will American men embrace robotic sex companions?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

When will American men embrace robotic sex companions?

Post by S_Parc »

Here are excerpts from an Outer Limits episode on a robotic girlfriend/companion:

I think the timing of the show, 1995, was too close to the earlier Terminator movies and thus, didn't have a sort of realistic vibe with the world around it & was thus, somewhat camp & cliche ridden.

Today, many folks have their lives online, see Facebook, World of Warcraft, Second Life, etc, and are in effect, only one shade away from interacting with digital interfaces in place of flesh/blood humans.

The following is the 1st robotic version of the realistic doll (realdoll.com) for commercial sale starting 2010 ...

http://truecompanion.com/shop/index.php

and then there are the independent R&D types who're doing it for themselves ...

http://projectaiko.com

Ok, given the nature of this site, i.e. realization of the fact that many male-female relationships in America have fallen apart and the raise of ever lowering cost of computing faculties, how far are we from a world where people are in effect, dating cybernetic companions instead of real persons?
Last edited by S_Parc on May 14th, 2013, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

Post by ErikHeaven »

Why not get a robotic concubine? I would.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

ErikHeaven wrote:Why not get a robotic concubine? I would.
Well, mainstreamers consider robotic lovers to be a creepy concept.

Honestly, I think mainstream American relationships are even creepier, if not downright pretentious (see 'American Beauty') and/or dysfunctional (see Jerry Springer).

Yeah, while I'm stateside, I'd want a robot over a real person. I'll keep all my flesh/blood relationships abroad.
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

I think feminists would really dislike the idea of a robotic female. Heck prostitution in the US is illegal so that sex is monopolized by women
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

i hope you realize all that stuff is politically motivated. your thoughts are the result of conditioning.
humans are naturally repulsed by humanoids. evil is a synonym for dehumanization

japan, as they're a media powerhouse and create anime, leads the world on this front of human meets machine, but star trek was predictive programming as far back as the 70s

this caller goes into it, but the agenda goes way back at least a 100 years to hg wells, huxley, etc.

the big picture is not really hard to see once you dip into it.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

well-informed wrote:I think feminists would really dislike the idea of a robotic female. Heck prostitution in the US is illegal so that sex is monopolized by women
Ah, here's what's missing in the above ... feminists (see places like Northampton MA/Smith College) are actively recruiting hetero women to leave their men. The best way for a femi-nazi lesbian to do this, with today's tech, is to use a strap-on dildo, to convince the formerly hetero woman that a man is irrelevant. The male 'Rocky' robot, however, is a far more realistic scenario and in time, will allow the femi-nazis to have a menage-a-trois without a real male in the scenario. This is why robotics will work with both the feminists and for the normal hetero men. Realize, it's the gay men who'll probably do fine, with or without a cybernetic companion. They have established subcultures in America (Provincetown MA, Key West FL, San Fran CA, West Village NYC, etc) and Toronto Canada.

And even if feminists don't like the *notion* of a female 'bot, well, let's be honest, will capitalist robot makers limit themselves to only a Rocky droid when there's a multi-billion (if not trillion) dollar market for feminine Farrahs, Barbaras, and Jessicas. I would think not, since it's highly likely that many will use similar financing models, as today, for buying real estate, businesses, boats, and cars. So an ultra-realistic $80K droid could be a $500/month type of payment installment plan with software updates and hardware modifications over time.

I already know of two divorced women, who're waiting for 2020, when the male android is as realistic as a real man. I believe the stake is in the ground, heterosexual relationships will decline in America and the advancement of robotics will hasten it.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

LinuxOnly wrote:the big picture is not really hard to see once you dip into it.
Yes, that Futurama episode, with the Lucy Liu 'bots, was great.
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

LinuxOnly wrote:i hope you realize all that stuff is politically motivated. your thoughts are the result of conditioning.
humans are naturally repulsed by humanoids. evil is a synonym for dehumanization

japan, as they're a media powerhouse and create anime, leads the world on this front of human meets machine, but star trek was predictive programming as far back as the 70s

this caller goes into it, but the agenda goes way back at least a 100 years to hg wells, huxley, etc.
Ok, this has got to stop.

I click on a thread by S_Parc that is titled: "When will American men embrace robotic companions?" and there in the fourth reply is some Conspiracy Bullshit posted by Linux Only. His crap is polluting more and more threads and I cannot even avoid threads I don't like or his posts because he posts irrelevant nonsense in ones that reveal no clue as to ANY CT content, derailing the discussion constantly.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

globetrotter wrote:Ok, this has got to stop.

I click on a thread by S_Parc that is titled: "When will American men embrace robotic companions?" and there in the fourth reply is some Conspiracy Bullshit posted by Linux Only. His crap is polluting more and more threads and I cannot even avoid threads I don't like or his posts because he posts irrelevant nonsense in ones that reveal no clue as to ANY CT content, derailing the discussion constantly.
Honestly, it's not that big of a deal & the Futurama reference was kinda funny.

All and all, his stuff is predictable and easily ignored. We can still talk about robots and avoid the Illuminati stuff.
odbo
Veteran Poster

transhumanism = eugenics

Post by odbo »

globetrotter wrote:Ok, this has got to stop.

Hey buddy, how about you stop acting like a brat and not get furious at other people every time they mention something you haven't a clue about. I know it's tough to change but please try, I grow weary of your egotistic ramblings. My interest is saving humanity, and I'm not going to stop because some jackass over in China can't handle the truth. Ignorance is not bliss, ignorance is the reason you've had to leave your home. I wasn't even born yet when America was still a free country. It didn't fall on my watch! That's right, I blame you and stupid and stubborn jackasses like yourself.

S_parc is fed up with American "women" so his 'natural' reaction was to disassociate and look for an intimate relationship with an inanimate object. I'm here trying to explain that it's anything but natural, but the result of social engineering with a political agenda. If one is unaware of this agenda, then one is victim to it. We Americans have drifted quite a ways from our human nature, and why is this? As result of natural progression?

WRONG ANSWER SLAVE! We were susceptible to manipulation by those at the top, susceptible to things like feminism, due to our ignorance, due to our cowardice (when we see the truth and run the other way), and due to neuro-linguistic programming and other psychological techniques used on us for thousands of years.

What they ultimately want from us, is all very simple once you see the big picture. I frantically dug for "truth" before, read the books, but now I see things as they really are. It's almost funny how everything lies in plain site and yet goes unnoticed. Of course the power structure relies on self-censorship and I know just as well that the vast majority of people will simply ignore me, (as S_parc has just said) so it makes no sense to write an essay. But I'm still compelled to write a response when there's a topic about dehumanization because the truth needs to be said. Maybe it will plant a seed in the one or two people who will read this who still have some hope. "The end will come with a whimper not a bang." Ya well not with me spamming it won't!

Aldous Huxley candidly talked about how they will f**k us over. His brother Julian Huxley coined the term Transhumanism, referring to the future of eugenics. Fortunately for them, the masses (i.e. you), are so dumbed down that they can simply call the warnings of Huxley & Orwell dystopian fiction, and have you not care. Star Trek showed exactly how this agenda will be sold to us back in the 1970s. The appeal to men is that they can have 10 or 20 gorgeous girlfriends, always ready for sex. And to women it's that they can be beautiful forever, if they get implants or transplant themselves into a shell. Remember that the media starting around the 1950s convinced women that what they should want is to have everlasting beauty, and what every man ultimately wants is to be a heterosexual version of Hugh Hefner with young women all around him.

The funny part is that they've done such a great job of emasculating men and turning them into future homos, that the men will want eternal beauty when it's offered just as much as the women. And they've done such a great job convincing women that they're men, that women will want 10 or 20 gorgeous boy-toys just as much.
S_Parc wrote:I already know of two divorced women, who're waiting for 2020, when the male android is as realistic as a real man. I believe the stake is in the ground, heterosexual relationships will decline in America and the advancement of robotics will hasten it.
Sounds about right. :x

viewtopic.php?t=9772
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Re: transhumanism = eugenics

Post by S_Parc »

LinuxOnly wrote:S_parc is fed up with American "women" so his 'natural' reaction was to disassociate and look for an intimate relationship with an inanimate object.
Not everyone is a 4-5 hr drive from Montreal venues :wink: , if one has a tight schedule, a 'bot may be in the cue.
LinuxOnly wrote:I'm here trying to explain that it's anything but natural, but the result of social engineering with a political agenda. If one is unaware of this agenda, then one is victim to it. We Americans have drifted quite a ways from our human nature, and why is this? As result of natural progression?
The goal or the destination is the corporate state. Now, regardless of how you or I personally feel, it's already in effect. Think about it, only 50 years ago, one could live one's entire life in let's say Rochester NY, get married, have kids, and retire from some subsidiary of a stable Kodak Corp. Today, that same person will probably re-locate 2 or more times per decade, have his kids lose friends w/ every business downturn, and possibly be divorced, thanks to all the uncertainty around him. While the above is going on, everyone is hooked into some 'Third Life' VR platform, and very soon, lovers become these digital partners across the net. And finally, when the Eliza/Watson or what have you software achieves strong AI, that digital partner in effect, replaces a flesh/blood female partner. Now, couple the software development paradigm with advances in robotics, real doll, etc, and I think the destination is clear ... people will be worker bees for XYZ multinationals and when they go back to their studio apartments, be shagging up with a robot. Yes, it's Blade Runner/THX-1138 and there's little we can do about it besides retiring abroad, while there's still a community of humans out there.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Re: When will American men embrace robotic companions?

Post by Jackal »

When will American men embrace robotic companions?
When they have the cash, I'm afraid...

...Cash that would be better spent travelling abroad!
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Re: When will American men embrace robotic companions?

Post by S_Parc »

Jackal wrote:
When will American men embrace robotic companions?
When they have the cash, I'm afraid...
I think the 'cash' or financing options are already in place. Think about it, if you can't afford a root canal w/ crown, you can pay up to 5 years at $80/month for the procedure thanks to credit. And that's a $5K procedure. I suspect a droid won't break the bank for the regular worker bee.

Likewise, when this tech becomes mainstream and readily available, the financing options will kick in.

Jackal wrote:...Cash that would be better spent travelling abroad!
Well, I sense a bifurcation here. There will be the patrons of this site (and others like it), who'll clearly decide that retiring abroad (South America, SE Asia, E Europe, etc) is preferable to becoming a 'THX-1188' or 'American Beauty' drone of the 21st century. For us, plan A is to save/invest/trade enough money/capital so that we set up a second life, away from the mindset of mainstay America.

For others, the stresses of daily life plus addictions like alcoholism, will keep them in a stupor state where weekends are basically spent being cooped up in front of an X-Box or Satelite Dish/TV. I suspect that this will be the main market for the fembots, outside of the Lesbian/femi-nazis and the male robot to convert heterosexual women.

This will go on from here till let's say 2090. By then, most of us will be gone and our children/grandchildren will be living in a world run by multinational corporations. I suspect that that's when the robot phenomena, which will be a dominant fixture of the American landscape, will start to infest the world where in effect, starting with replacing hazardous labor, like mining or simple manufacturing, it'll weave it's way into everyone's lives.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

The Japanese are way ahead in the robot GF fantasy. Watch anime shows like "Chobits" for example.

The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Such robots could not possibly cost less than a car, and that kind of many would finance some amazing adventures to Brazil, Philippines or Thailand.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan