Korean girls/women

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
lovesong
Freshman Poster

Korean girls/women

Post by lovesong »

Okay gentlemen,

Any thoughts/opinions on Korean women?

I tried doing a search in the forums but not too much info popped up.

I think Korean women are HOT! In LA and SF, you could spot them easily as they'll be dressed really feminine (heels, short skirts, short shorts, make-up) beautiful legs and skin.

One night stand stories? Girlfriends??

Here is what I have heard and my own personal experience.

I heard from a guy who has dated several Korean women that you have to chase them hardcore for a week or two. Meaning calling, texting everyday. Two Korean girls proved this correct. One girl told me that her ex-bf had texted her for a few months saying he would take care of her and she finally responded. Another girl was texted by her ex-bf a few weeks telling her how much he liked her.

Now with all this being said, the only opportunity I had to test this out was NOT positive.

I've had 3 opportunities with Korean women with two shot downs. All in U.S. (but girls were from Korea) I cold approached all of them. One denied me on street. Another gave me her Facebook (denied) on street. Third was a girl on the street in shopping area who I had an instadate with at a coffee shop who I said was beautiful. Was resistant at first but I persisted and next thing you know she asking questions about me. Fourth was a promo girl in a store who I told was yepuda. Fourth were two girls newly arrived from Korea who I took to the beach.

Girl who I went on instadate with got along well with me. We went to a Starbucks. We spoke for about 30 min and I even read her palm. I think where I messed up was not progressing when window presented itself to me (her arm touching my arm but I did NOT grab her hand, Shit!) as I walked her back to her place. Later found out she had an ex-boyfriend who she was having an on again off again relationship. Where I feel my next mistake was when she had a fight with her boyfriend, she called me up and I did not escalate physically with her, thus placing myself in friend category. Told her in a text that I thought she was sexy. She said she did not feel I was a man. (ouch!) This was a few years back. The last time I saw her, I got really physical with her by hugging her when I saw her, holding and playing with her hand and hair for an hour as we spoke) and even held hands with her as I walked her back to her place. She had to meet a classmate and I had to drive 8 hrs away on a trip so logistics f***ed things up (excuse, I know. I should've moved faster)

Girl I met in store, pretty simple. She was dressed as a cheerleader and her outfit made me horny. I went up to her and said "what time do you close" to get her closer to me, then told her "yepuda" She said she had a boyfriend and I said, it's okay, I don't want to marry you. I want to get to know you more, boom she gives me her digits. She says she wants new experiences during her time in America. Text back and forth and suddenly for two days, no reply. She then replies that she had been ill and that she broke up with her boyfriend. I say I can cook for her since she is sick (also can get me back to her place) but she says no, my place is better. YES!!! Only problem is I live with my girlfriend. So I'm honest with her and tell her that, hoping that she'd be okay with the situation and being a booty call. She's surprised and I manage to get her out to hang with me at a nearby park. Once again, my mistake is not seizing the window of opportunity. As we walk to the park, I notice she feels very comfortable with me as she's walking right next to me, shoulder to shoulder, suuuuuper close and like a p***y, I don't grab her hand. We end up talking a lot more but when I try to escalate, I feel it's weak and not strong. We end up just hanging out a few more hours and then we drive around and she lets me listen to her fave music (which coincidently, is what she told me she likes doing with guys she like) Buuut here's the rub. When I asked her what kind of guys she found sexy, she said a guy who she could see herself marrying, so not a party girl at all. At least that's my guess. Either way, I should've escalated at the first sign of an opening and escalate strong.

Final pickup occurred as I was driving, see two hotties crossing street in heels, short skirt and short shorts. I park a few minutes in front of them. Get out of car and am in their path, then stop them, strong eye contact, lean back posture (they're both waay taller than me) and tell them they're yepuda. Chat them up and get email and phone number. They're studying english and hope to become flight attendants. They say that they're new to the area and were planning on visiting the beach. Well shit, I have a car and am heading that way and offer to give them a mini tour and they accept. Now, here's where it gets iffy. We get to beach, and during ride,I get vibe from one chick that she's used to being spoiled and even commented on a certain store selling cheap bracelets. My intuition proves right as later, I treat them pizza and a corn dog (I put mayonaise on it and let them try it for the first time. fuuuck. can you imagine two hot korean girls eating a corn dog with mayonaise, yeah, im a perv) But then she says she wants to ride all these roller coasters and i'm starting to think this could cost $$$$$$. Hell no, I'm cool treating pizza but i'm not gonna set myself up to be their sugar daddy. So we're in line for the ride and I politely excuse myself to the bathroom just long enough so that they buy their own tickets while I wait for them. After their ride, vibe is different, at least from main girl who was showing initial interest in me. And so I start focusing on other girl who I actually start to like more. Here's the breakdown. First girl who seems like a gold digger. Has had 10 boyfriends in last 2 years. (they're both 20) SEcond girl had her first boyfriend 6 months ago so is super sweet and innocent. Really down to earth. Girlfriend material. Drove them home and had great conversation with second down to earth girl. But after I drop them off, no response to my phone calls or texts.

So there ya go! My total experience with Korean girls.

OH! One more note to add:

In LA, they have Koreatown where they'll have these clubs where guys pay a lot of cash to have a table and when girls come into the club, these promoters will drag single girls to the different tables to chat. If they like the guys, they stay. If not, they usually leave after a few min of conversation. I tried going by myself paying only the entrance fee to see if I could hack their little club system and cold approach the girls as they were either dragged or were leaving the tables. I was not successful although maybe I should've been more aggressive as i've heard that korean girls in that setting will often pretend not to be interested in meeting guys as it makes them look cheap.

Please share your thoughts and opinions on Korean girls.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

keius
Freshman Poster

Post by keius »

Sigh.... Princesses and high maintenance. Not worth the hassle.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

I find Korean women to be one of the ugliest of all the Asian off-shoots. In my opinion there is only a very minute percentage of hot women that look petite and feminine. I personally am not attracted to their type of look. When I see a Korean girl they are either wearing designer type clothing or they are wearing whatever type of fad happens to be in style that is a bit wacky looking. They all seem to follow the leader and thus has similar styles with their hair and dress. Even though they may dress nice in a feminine way, it's hard to see what's attractive in having an overly large moon shaped head, no tits or egg type tits, bow legged hips and legs with no ass or a big flat ass. I'm not into the Charles Shultz Peanuts look with big heads and no curves on their bodies.

Also since I consider Korea near 1st world status now, their women will generally act like Western women, which basically means they will try to control their BF's/husbands and try to mold them into their desired image, force you to keep making more money and a better lifestyle so they can spend your money, and lastly cut all their hair off once they get to a certain age, not exercise and look less like a good looking woman as she ages. Every Korean woman I have ever seen cuts their hair short after 30 and just lets their body go. I know many women do that but NE Asians seem to be overly notorious for it.

I've lived and worked in Korea before and it's quite difficult to meet and find good looking Korean's who are open to dating Westerners. They are out there but if you don't particularly like the way the average Korean looks, trying to find the small percentage of genetic anomalies that fit your preferences is very difficult if not impossible. you would probably have to live in Seoul or Busan and be there over a year or longer.

There are also lots of Koreans in Philippines trying to learn English. Of all the hundreds of Koreans I've interviewed over the years maybe less than 5 could fit my looks criteria, so Korean's don't even enter my mind when it comes to a potential GF or wife. Too much trouble to deal with and lots of cultural differences. Plus their language is so whiney to listen to, it's really annoying. Every time I go to Baguio and Cebu they are all over the place. They are practically colonizing parts of the Philippines nowadays.

Yes Koreans are generally smarter than Filipinos and in theory would make a better partner but I just don't find them appealing. I'd rather take a dumbed down Filipina who isn't a pain in the ass but a super hottie with curves (tits & ass) any day.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

koreans are not feminine! it's typical for americans to think being small or petite equals having femininity because we're used to women with large frames.
koreans have no class. and i'm talking about the women. oddly the men seem much more cultured. they're rude, they walk like slobs, they're constantly whining made worse by the fact that their language is about as irritating as you'll find. it's like everything the mainland chinese got from communism, they got out of thin air, but an even stronger dose.

i'm sure korea was a great, okay a decent place up to the early 90s. but they've been horribly socially-engineered this last 15 years. they're asia's usa. their cancerous plastic consciousness is exported to places like phillippines and indonesia, slowly turning their people into soulless shit as well! i live in california, i know koreans very well. i've even worked for koreans. i normally don't judge foreigners based on their american incarnation but unlike other asians koreans don't assimilate the same way. they come here in packs and create k-towns. many don't stay long, they come for two years, pack up and go back. so they remain "fresh off boat" instead of becoming asian-americans. they're the perfect slave race. i'm not sure who's more successfully brainwashed, north or south koreans.

as for superficial matters,
koreans have excellent figures for asians. a hot one is no less sexy than some slavic super-model, but shorter. only you're more likely to win the lottery than you are to find a korean women with breasts. great legs though. also they age well because of their healthy (but disgusting) diet. and their newest trend, avoid the sun at all costs!
'if your skin isn't as pale as an albino your husband will beat the shit out of you in a drunken rage!'

face wise, they all look the same, like clones, and there are a lot of ugly ones. then plastic surgery came in. okay so you sacrifice your humanity for less ugly people, good deal right? but then they started looking even more like identical twins! there are formulas the plastic surgeons follow, eventually you start seeing repeating faces.

they're "sexy" depending on what you want. an american will find them sexy because he's used to lusting after humanoids who are photogenic but posses no individuality. i would prefer a filipino girl even though i don't like tan skin, because i like natural girls, not high-maintenance attention whores with low self-esteem who require 2 hour make-overs every day just to maintain the illusion that they're beautiful.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

The Koreans themselves say, pretty girls are from North Korea, and handsome guys are from South Korea. However, conditions in the north does not allow many girls to be pretty.
Last edited by momopi on April 21st, 2011, 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

momopi wrote:The Koreans themselves say, pretty girls are from North Korea, and handsome guys are from South Korea.
Just a theory, but is it possible that North Korea's long isolation has caused them to look different from South Koreans, who have had more opportunity to intermarry with other races? I don't know much about the peninsula, so I'm just asking.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

I don't agree with much what is being said here, so I will offer a different perspective. Those with bad experiences might need to stay away from K-Town in California and stay away from Seoul. I met and chatted with a lot of nice Korean girls in Cebu City and even went back to Korea with one. Being attached, I didn't do any hooking up in Korea, though I definite got some interest from girls, but hanging out with other foreigners there, it seemed pickups were pretty easy, especially if you know where to go.

Older women hold very well from what I saw. Of course, when I say older, I mean around my age. heheh (my gf was 20 years younger) but I went out with an "age appropriate" group, once or twice, and we picked up some women and went for drinks. Lots of touching and kissing on a first date. The best looking woman I saw there was my friend's mother's sister, probably around my age.

One thing that is certainly true though is that they are more westernized than other parts of Asia and the girls will try to control their bf and make them a Ken doll they can dress up. Still I had a lot of fun there.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
onezero4u
Freshman Poster

Post by onezero4u »

smell like garlic and eat like starving savages
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

onezero4u wrote:smell like garlic and eat like starving savages
ha ha ha, so true!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

RedDog wrote:
momopi wrote:The Koreans themselves say, pretty girls are from North Korea, and handsome guys are from South Korea.
Just a theory, but is it possible that North Korea's long isolation has caused them to look different from South Koreans, who have had more opportunity to intermarry with other races? I don't know much about the peninsula, so I'm just asking.
It hasn't been a long isolation. 1946 was the year and until very recently there were only a few kids of GIs left behind who were and perhaps still are treated like dirt. Over the last generation the difference in diet between north and south has caused the southerners to grow larger on average. Perhaps the ridges and mountains allowed more Japanese interaction, the japanese occupied Korea through WWII. But then I can't tell at a glance without knowing a name or seeing cultural clothing, a Korean from a Japanese.
lovesong
Freshman Poster

How about in bed? Compared to Japan?

Post by lovesong »

Wow, thanks for all the feedback guys.

From the guys with experience, have they been wild in bed or open to being trained?

Interesting, I never really knew about the ugly side of Korea. I spent a large amount of time in Man Jose in Silicon Valley and Man Francisco so please keep in mind my perspective. For those of you who grew up in Russian or East Asia, you're probably spoiled as in Northern California, finding a girl who's feminine looking is quite a hunt. And the ones who were feminine looking were usually either from Korea, Japan or China.

Terrence, any particular spots you'd recommend for picking up girls? Where there is a large flow of traffic of women?

Also, for those of you who have traveled to Japan, any similarities to Tokyo women?

Thanks in advance!
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

K-Soap parody, brought to you by your friends at Wang Fu productions ^_^

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

I'm Korean, I can say that Korean women are generally conservative in nature and don't intermarry with other races as much as other Asian races. Culture is very strong in most Asian families. Being a slut is looked down upon in Korean society. I think Christianity and Westernization has had a strong influence in the country. Nationalism is very prevalent among Korean people. Koreans don't assimilate at all to American society as LinuxOnly has mentioned. Korean women can be very strong in their personality. I would only date Korean women for marriage purposes. I think maybe Southeast Asian women or Latina's would be a better fit for you lovesong.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

zboy1 wrote:I'm Korean, I can say that Korean women are generally conservative in nature and don't intermarry with other races as much as other Asian races. Culture is very strong in most Asian families. Being a slut is looked down upon in Korean society. I think Christianity and Westernization has had a strong influence in the country. Nationalism is very prevalent among Korean people. Koreans don't assimilate at all to American society as LinuxOnly has mentioned. Korean women can be very strong in their personality. I would only date Korean women for marriage purposes. I think maybe Southeast Asian women or Latina's would be a better fit for you lovesong.
Koreans don't assimilate anywhere. They always hang out in groups and wherever they live they stay with other Koreans. They come to Philippines in mass to learn English but they always stay with other Koreans, go out and about with other Koreans and refuse to do anything alone where they have to be forced to use English on their own. And they wonder why they only get 5's on their IELTS exam. Taking the exam 10-20 times wont improve your ability to pass the test, they need to be forced to speak English and interact with English speakers on their own without a crutch, having friends around.

I have an Australian friend who married a Korean women and brought her to the Philippines with him. She just ended up becoming a control freak and jealous, thinking he was banging other girls all the time. She ended up getting hooked on shabu (local speed) and they ended up divorcing.

Basically an educated Korean women is going to be exactly like a Western women only more of a pain in the ass to deal with on a daily basis. This is what I have noticed living in Korea and working with Koreans in their country as well as other countries. Husbands and BF's are generally p***y whipped and the wife pretty much rules the roost, while the male projects he is in charge but he really isn't.
Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

Sorry double post
Last edited by Raja on April 22nd, 2011, 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.