Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on November 18th, 2019, 1:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Re: Definitive answers about looks for dating abroad? Advice

Post by odbo »

Ghost wrote:I think it is largely because of my looks. I'm not going to have dating success here at home because I'm not a hot guy that women drool over.
Here Mike Savage describes "descending loss"

It's not you, it's Anglo women. Unless you're a narcissistic tattooed asshole or very rich they want nothing to do with you. They're not worth your time. They suck your soul out, fill your mind with nonsense, and then leave you broke and heartbroken.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Hello Ghost, you will certainly do better in foreign countries than in the USA when it comes to meeting women. I have heard guys from eastern Europe, Russia and South America say even guys who are unattractive do very well with women in those countries. You can even get hot women in those countries even if your a guy who is unattractive.

Your right about America, even the average looking chicks think they deserve a rich, handsome man! WTF? :shock:

ImageImage
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
keius
Freshman Poster

Post by keius »

Nothing wrong with prostitution. There's a reason it's called the oldest profession. Just don't go picking up skank women from street corners.
It can potentially get you into trouble. The quality of the women also comes into question.
If you have serious issues with the legal end of things, head on over to Vegas where it's legal (if your in the states) in the outskirts. It can be cheap or expensive there.
If it's your first time, and you have the moolah, you can get a nice girl who can really teach you something. Just don't go there when there's some major convention going on. Prices get insanely inflated during those periods.

Or cross the border into Mexico. :)

Oh, and also make sure you ALWAYS use protection. Know what's safe and what's not.

Or take some time off, and head on over to the PHI, assuming you've got the moolah :)
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Ghost wrote:Ok, so I'm sure many of us have heard the term "lookism" - i.e., being spurned by women based on looks. Here in the U.S. as far as I'm concerned, all women care about looks, even the ones who are ugly themselves! It's pickiness taken to extremes. I don't look so great myself. I have several unattractive qualities, but few attractive qualities:
As a man, do you judge a women by her appearance?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

I'm in PI now. You would probably be considered attractive here just by virtue of being young since the majority of foreign guys around you are going to be quite old. There are low cost prostitutes everywhere in major cities and tourist areas. And you can even go in a bar and take-out a virgin for a night of fun and perhaps attempt to court her if that's your thing. Its a lot cheaper and even safer than DR too. Anyway, if sex is your primary motive, stick with the working girls.

On the the other hand you want romance, a girlfriend, and LT relationship, you can use the websites often mentioned on this forum to meet and court some girls in PI before you go over.

Just keep in mind at 6'3", you are going to feel like a giant over there. Even the very tall girls are usually just 5'5" or 5'6". If that bothers you, there are a lot of other great countries with taller people you can consider to lose your virginity or find romance.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Ghost wrote: No. What matters most is what she is like as a woman. The only girls I've dated have been overweight. There are plenty of "hot" American women that I'm not attracted to because they are bitchy, slutty, and narcissitic.
OK, so your desired quality in women is femininity?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

momopi wrote:
Ghost wrote:Ok, so I'm sure many of us have heard the term "lookism" - i.e., being spurned by women based on looks. Here in the U.S. as far as I'm concerned, all women care about looks, even the ones who are ugly themselves! It's pickiness taken to extremes. I don't look so great myself. I have several unattractive qualities, but few attractive qualities:
p

As a man, do you judge a women by her appearance?
Momopi

I think the point being made by many on this forum is that most American girls - hot, average, or ugly - only consider the top 20% or so of men looks wise for romantic relationships. That means a minority of guys get most of the female attention while the rest fight for scraps. And a lot of these more average guys are not picky, they are desperate. So they tend to settle for whatever they can get which usually means very overweight and unattractive girls.

I don't know for sure how true the above is. If you don't agree with it or think its a gross exaggeration of reality, perhaps you can offer-up some of your own personal experience or that of people you know to refute it.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Rock wrote: Momopi
I think the point being made by many on this forum is that most American girls - hot, average, or ugly - only consider the top 20% or so of men looks wise for romantic relationships. That means a minority of guys get most of the female attention while the rest fight for scraps. And a lot of these more average guys are not picky, they are desperate. So they tend to settle for whatever they can get which usually means very overweight and unattractive girls.
I don't know for sure how true the above is. If you don't agree with it or think its a gross exaggeration of reality, perhaps you can offer-up some of your own personal experience or that of people you know to refute it.
http://www.census.gov/population/www/so ... s2010.html
http://www.census.gov/population/www/so ... h-fam.html

You can reference census data on marriage rate by age category, then guesstimate cohabitation and dating rates on top. Colleges and universities also run studies and surveys on student sexual activity.

As for personal experience, I can say for sure that myself and my GF are both in the overweight category. Every time I see my doctor he tells me that I should lose 15 lbs. ;p
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Ghost wrote: Femininity, niceness, kindheartedness, fidelity, being nurturing and family-oriented, et al.; being a decent person and decent woman is what I am ultimately looking for in a girlfriend and wife. I'm not saying looks don't matter at all, but a little bit of good looks goes a long way. And if a girl is a good person, those qualities make her more attractive to me, even if she isn't terribly pretty by society's standards. Now apparently overseas it's much easier to find a good woman who is also pretty, and that's great. But it's the good qualities that qualify the looks, not the other way around. I would want to go overseas just to find someone good even if they were only average looking. Here in the U.S., maybe 1, 2, or 3 out every 100 girls is decent. Especially when you look on dating sites, that number drops to about .01. Barring some 'extreme' or far-flung eventuality for me, I won't find anyone here. Hope that clears up my view on it.
Have you made the decision to go abroad, and if so, do you have any countries or cities in mind?
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

At the end of the day sexual attraction is important to both MEN and WOMEN. Looks will not keep you in a relationship because looks fade with age, some sooner than others and if your not careful with your diet, weight gain is enviable as you age.

That said, you're tall by American standards at 6'3. There plenty of women over 5'9 so finding one shouldn't be an issue. Location, Location, Location...

Women over 5'9 complain there too many short men hitting on them (average height in America for a male is 5'8) and that tall men like shorter women.

* I know why too, the same reasons why White Men love Asian women so much.

[youtube]R4TQWuG9BiE[/youtube]

You should be able to find a tall woman in America that isn't stupid or crazy. Statistically they are often more single than shorter women so... I never said in America there isn't SOME pockets of hope.

The problem here is that most of the tall women are also fat... I know more girls 5'9-'5'10 200+lbs than I do 5'9 160/170lbs. Much lighter than that and they appear too skinny. Up to about 190lbs is acceptable in most cases, especially if its not concentrated in one area (torso, lower body) but evenly distributed.

Anyway....

99% of the guys on this planet are looking for what you just described, however AW don't seem to understand the game is rigged and the chances if you reaching the American Dream are more remote than ever. They don't want to say that too loudly because then public self-confidence will go down. This is why there's the tendency to blame yourself for your life not turning out right and not the system itself.

If you haven't thought of a country, I would say start with Eastern Europe. Finding a woman 5'9 and skinny is not an issue at all, so you can forget that. Just concentrate on the values you want in a woman, makes the task much easier. I warn you of sensory overload though, it always happens, especially for men that have not been successful with women in the past. But seeing attractive women for me is normal, them being interested in me is a not all that new either. I have my days :)

My problem is age combined with the task of searching the four corners of the country to find her and still at the end of the day accepting compromise I don't want to accept.

So good luck to you and if you have any questions feel free to keep posting.

Return to “Questions and Advice”