When will American men embrace robotic sex companions?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

S_Parc wrote: Yes, this is my hope as well, however, here's the problem ... the next world economic power will be the Asia-Pacific rim, from Korea to India. These nations have been emulating USA-isms, while at the same time, supporting a wider manufacturing base unlike the US. From what I'd gathered, certain men in wealthier Asian countries (Korea, Japan, S'pore/Hong Kong) are starting to marry women from slighter poorer countries, like Thailand, Vietnam, & Philippines, because for the most part, a similar type of materialism, found in the US, is emerging there, so once again, there's a type of wage arbitrage in effect. Albeit, it's more gradual in Asia-Pacific.
Not "starting", "has been" for past couple of decades en mass.

Taiwan has population of 23 million, but has over 420,000 import brides. Singapore and South Korea both have large foreign bride populations. Hong Kong men did not need to import brides when they can simply go across the border to China and live there.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnm1v3ju ... re=related[/youtube]

Unfortunately many of these marriages fail, because the men are idiots going to Vietnam and pick the youngest & prettiest teenager regardless of her suitability as a wife. When my friend's cousin went back to Vietnam to find a wife, he was introduced to a number of girls, and he spent some time to filter them out and then 2 years to properly court one girl before marrying her and bringing her to the US. He paid for her English classes in Vietnam and their marriage is doing well with 2 kids. Men who are impatient and looking to get laid with "hotties" tend to get burned.
Last edited by momopi on April 21st, 2011, 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

momopi wrote:Not "starting", "has been" for past couple of decades en mass.

Taiwan has population of 23 million, but has over 420,000 import brides. Singapore and South Korea both have large foreign bride populations. Hong Kong men did not need to import brides when they can simply go across the border to China and live there.
Yes, I concur, since I'm a witness to it, firsthand. And my friends are quite happy.

Now, my question is how long can this continue, given the rapid rise of wealth in east Asia, without a type of American effect, where women are basically *too good for men*?

What I'm trying to do is juxtapose the rise of technology (AI/robotics, biotech, etc), rise of east Asian wealth, & decline of USA (& west including Canada, UK, etc) with the notion of average citizens being vassals of big corporations while going home to a robot companion.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

S_Parc wrote: Yes, I concur, since I'm a witness to it, firsthand. And my friends are quite happy.
Now, my question is how long can this continue, given the rapid rise of wealth in east Asia, without a type of American effect, where women are basically *too good for men*?
What I'm trying to do is juxtapose the rise of technology (AI/robotics, biotech, etc), rise of east Asian wealth, & decline of USA (& west including Canada, UK, etc) with the notion of average citizens being vassals of big corporations while going home to a robot companion.
Economic growth and development has its cycles of ups and downs, the "west" is not in some death spiral. The vast majority of women in East Asia ARE looking for qualified husbands to marry and have a family. Single women over 30 are makeinu (敗犬), "loser dog" who couldn't score a husband. See: Makeinu no Tōboe (Howl of the Loser Dogs) and 败犬女王(loser dog queen).

Just because a women has higher expectations, does not mean that she doesn't want to marry. Just as men want hot girls with boobies, women want taller, stronger, & better-looking men. Culturally, we only allow a small % of the population to be defined as "beautiful", because if 80% of the girls looked like Adriana Lima, she'd be considered an average looking plain Jane. In terms of sexual market value, an "average Joe" is only slightly more attractive than a "plain Jane", and those who keep blabbing about how "why can't an average Joe like me..." is putting himself below average Joe standards. ;p Men actually has it easier than women when it comes to unrealistic standards of beauty that only a small segment of the population can fit in, because men "age better" than women. "Cosplay" today and "Sex robots" in the future are fulfilling a fantasy based on unrealistic standards.

Back in college, my first GF was a blond and my parents did not like the fact that I was dating interracially. One of my friend's mother (a blond herself) commented that if I wanted to "do a blond", I could simply get an Asian GF to keep parents off my back and put a blond wig over her head in bed. ^_^;;; As silly as that might sound, she does have a point. It's unrealistic to meet every desire or standard, but a little fantasy/cosplay can spice up your relationship.
Last edited by momopi on April 21st, 2011, 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

momopi wrote:Economic growth and development has its cycles of ups and downs, the "west" is not in some death spiral. The vast majority of women in East Asia ARE looking for qualified husbands to marry and have a family.
Well, I suspect that after this economic trepidation is over (I'm guessing ~2016), a lot will move to the east and away from what was known as the west. The reason for it is that USA Inc has moved away from R&D plus manufacturing to an economy based upon the global financial shuffle. Thus, if you look around, you'll see that outside of let's say defense work, the sectors which are doing well stateside are mining/energy, agri, & financial trading. In contrast, many Asian countries, are aiming for real R&D and hi-end manufacturing to build a true net intrinsic worth, outside of the *rentier* income of hedge funds or commodities. US multinational corps have also ingratiated themselves into having Asia, as their R&D capital. This includes former heavyweights like DuPont, Merck, Applied Matl, Intel, etc. IMO, the world is shifting to an Asian century vs an American one.
momopi wrote:Just because a women has higher expectations, does not mean that she doesn't want to marry. Just as men want hot girls with boobies, women want taller, stronger, & better-looking men. Culturally, we only allow a small % of the population to be defined as "beautiful", because if 80% of the girls looked like Adriana Lima, she'd be considered an average looking plain Jane. In terms of sexual market value, an "average Joe" is only slightly more attractive than a "plain Jane", and those who keep blabbing about how "why can't an average Joe like me..." is putting himself below average Joe standards. ;p Men actually has it easier than women when it comes to unrealistic standards of beauty that only a small segment of the population can fit in. "Cosplay" today and "Sex robots" in the future are fulfilling a fantasy based on unrealistic standards.
Yes, but there are ranges and boundaries for all these. I mean most women most likely don't need a guy as tall as Shaquille O'Neil and likewise, most men don't need a woman with Dolly Parton's boobs. And so for the most part, people find other people in their relative ball parks. The Sex robot, in the case of USA circa 2025, is really about having any sort of companionship outside of work, for the regular working male whether or not he looks like Drew Carey or Brad Pitt. Granted, the robot will likely be at the level of a Jessica Alba/Biel but hey, the manufacturer doesn't want his sales targets to go down. What I'm getting at here is that we saw that as more & more AWs felt entitled to having everything handed to them on a silver platter, our society was having a wage income shift where women were earning the same as men and felt like they needed to marry up. This is really when things starting to come undone, 1975 to 1985. Afterwards, even good looking/Brad Pitt-like guys, who weren't actually well paid Hollywood actors or hedge fund traders, had a tough time meeting a decent women, who was let's say a successful businesswoman.

So the idea that I'm proposing is that as east Asian societies start to have income portfolios, similar to the US during the height of the economic empire, that the women may develop their own ideas that men aren't worthy of their companionship. I'm aware that this will be slow at first, but given the amount of time people already spend online or with their gadgets, if you look 50 to 70 years ahead, I don't see why this can't also happen in Asia, in addition to the US.
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

But S_Parc help me clarify a bit. With all the anti-male propaganda going on in the US why would a product like that be out in the market. Sex robots are more beneficial for men than women.. that's obvious. Don't feminists want the absolute worst situation for men. Feminists want to keep screwing men in every way they possibly can. Divorce courts rape men, commercials constantly ridicule men, dating is tough for most men, fathers are treated like borderline criminals, etc.

So with all the crap the average man has to deal with here in the USA why oh why are feminists going to be quiet when sex robots are out in the mainstream market. Don't you think they're going to try to block this reality from happening. IMBRA laws are put in order to try to cockblock american men from marrying foreign women.

I just dont think feminists are going to stand in the sidelines when it comes to sex robots. They HATE us and want men to continue to suffer here in the US
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

well-informed wrote:why are feminists going to be quiet when sex robots are out in the mainstream market. Don't you think they're going to try to block this reality from happening. IMBRA laws are put in order to try to cockblock american men from marrying foreign women.
Because the feminists don't have any power. This isn't a democracy (mob rule), this is a dictatorship. People like the Bushes and the Rockefellers run the country. Feminists are a tool to get things done, just as the Jews. Even if these women had any power, they could be easily convinced by the media outlets to be pro something that was against their interests.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

well-informed wrote:Don't feminists want the absolute worst situation for men. Feminists want to keep screwing men in every way they possibly can. Divorce courts rape men, commercials constantly ridicule men, dating is tough for most men, fathers are treated like borderline criminals, etc.

[ snip ]

I just dont think feminists are going to stand in the sidelines when it comes to sex robots. They HATE us and want men to continue to suffer here in the US
Yes, it's all true. Feminists hate men and want to ruin their lives. And yes, they'll play victim status so that courts grant them everything during divorce and child custody battles.

Yet realize, women (femi-nazi lesbians, etc) want male robots for their private menage-a-trois. Today, women can go to a sperm bank w/o a man in the picture at all. This is the real goal. All that propaganda & 'turfing was about separating out the genders. Melissa Etheridge & Co know that in order to completely dominate the heterosexual women's desire, they need to simulate the appearance of being with a man. The male robot is a part of that goal. Trust me on this, you'll see 'em at Smith College, as soon as they become mainstream.

Robotics will be a trillion dollar market. Technology, esp in AI/computer science/electronics, is one of the strongest forces in the modern world. This is going on independent of social movements. Thus, if a male doll sells, nothing will prevent a robot maker from making a female one. It's really that simple; they will not drop hundreds of billions of dollars of revenue to please a few loudmouth picketers at Smith & Vassar Colleges. Right now, the market for Realdoll.com already has a backlog for several months. And that's for a silicone mannequin. It hasn't waned in 10 years. Since the Seven Sister colleges alumna haven't stopped this market, along with the adult video markets, I can't see them stopping something bigger than the combination of the Airplane, iPhone/Tablet/PC/Wifi, & Home Theatre.

Even look at this independent R&D guy in Toronto, projectaiko.com. This guy is on a shoestring budget but yet, he's done a ton of preliminary work with minimal CPU and hardware costs. The IBM Watson project has numerous times the hardware as this person & when a Watson unit becomes a desktop, circa 2020, it can operate this El Cheapo 'bot, wirelessly in the home. Yet, despite a few insults that he's endured, Project Aiko continues w/o the North American femi-nazi society tossing this guy in jail for molesting a piece of plastic with wires & gears.

And isn't that what it's really about, staying away from "real" women? I've kept my distance with AWs now, for almost ten years, and as a result, no one bothers me about anything. The problems occur when men & women interact in this society; that's where the law cracks down upon harassment, stalking, etc because men, without a ton of video/audio documentation, are placed in the *predatory* role while women vie at being a victim all the time. And unfortunately, our law enforcement agencies & courts have caved into these victimization/crying wolf type of minutia.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

S_Parc wrote: Yes, but there are ranges and boundaries for all these. I mean most women most likely don't need a guy as tall as Shaquille O'Neil and likewise, most men don't need a woman with Dolly Parton's boobs. And so for the most part, people find other people in their relative ball parks. The Sex robot, in the case of USA circa 2025, is really about having any sort of companionship outside of work, for the regular working male whether or not he looks like Drew Carey or Brad Pitt. Granted, the robot will likely be at the level of a Jessica Alba/Biel but hey, the manufacturer doesn't want his sales targets to go down. What I'm getting at here is that we saw that as more & more AWs felt entitled to having everything handed to them on a silver platter, our society was having a wage income shift where women were earning the same as men and felt like they needed to marry up. This is really when things starting to come undone, 1975 to 1985. Afterwards, even good looking/Brad Pitt-like guys, who weren't actually well paid Hollywood actors or hedge fund traders, had a tough time meeting a decent women, who was let's say a successful businesswoman.
This is just a general observation from personal ads in US and China (may not apply to other countries!), women in both countries desire men who are at least 2-3 inches above the average height. This means roughly 1.78 meters (5'10") in China and 6' in the US.

Men have this one advantage that women cannot match: we age better. A financially successful 40 year old man can still attract younger women looking to marry up, but a 40-year old women is simply undesirable due to her age. If you have a pretty 25-year old successful businesswomen, she'd have no trouble in finding suitors. But if she's 40 years old, her options becomes very limited -- there aren't many Demi Moore examples to be found.
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

I want to be on record and say that i do support the idea of sex robots, sorry if im being a hassle by asking for more info

S_Parc even though AW are crazy, spoiled, etc most of them aren't lesbian. That isnt going to change because lesbian femanazis encourage them to be. Also they still like men it's just that they have unrealistic expectations of the man they think they deserve. Ex: Good looking guys, thugs with SWAG, being rich, being tall, etc.

If a average looking woman wanted sex she can get it from a guy. The part where the male robot is not that great for women in my mind is that there are so many things that it wouldn't be able to do that men can AND women take for granted.

The male robot can't give her real compliments, can't take her to dinner, can't propose to her, can't give her MONEY and much more. Even though AW dislike almost all men they STILL NEED US FOR SOMETHING. All we need from women is sex in the most selfish desire.

That's why im still a little confused, because sex robots will jeopardise the heterosexual union quickly (not completely) because most men WILL get what they want and most women WON'T get what they want. Most AW are not like the hardcore-femanazis from Smith College
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

well-informed wrote:The male robot can't give her real compliments, can't take her to dinner, can't propose to her, can't give her MONEY and much more. Even though AW dislike almost all men they STILL NEED US FOR SOMETHING. All we need from women is sex in the most selfish desire.
Correct, which is why the 1st generation 'bots, let's say the 2018 to 2028 users' crowd will be widely laughed at, much like the realdoll owners today. (IMO, the smart current day realdoll owners aren't getting on the news, the interviewed media clowns are fools looking for attention). Realize, ridicule is the AWs' primary weapon. Afterwards, as more and more people have 'bots, not only for routine sex but also, as a housekeeper or even someone to talk to, society as a whole will change. As corporations get more global and longer hours become the norm (than just for the corporate overachievers), people will work longer hours & have more and more of their social lives around their tablets, home appliances, etc, since that'll cut down on vacation time, etc.
well-informed wrote:That's why im still a little confused, because sex robots will jeopardise the heterosexual union quickly (not completely) because most men WILL get what they want and most women WON'T get what they want. Most AW are not like the hardcore-femanazis from Smith College
Here's the thing, I concur that Smith/Northampton MA feminazis aren't the core of AWs, however, they're the ones most active in DC think tanks and can effect legislation, esp with regards to palimony, importing foreign brides (see faux trafficking accusations, etc), and so forth.

The problem is that 'bots won't be declared sentient beings, until they pass some Turing test. That's really still ~50 or so years away, in terms of programming paradigms. Once they get declared sentient, then feminazis will pass legislation which will restrict the software level of one's bot and thus, a true female replica will be another *person* trying to apply for US, UK, or Canadian citizenship. I don't see that event happening till let's say 2110+, not the time frame we're talking about.

During our lifetimes, the simulation will be more a type of VR paradigm where on some level, we'll realize that it's mainly a smart super appliance but with adaptive features which matches our personality traits. And realize, its personality can sit on a desktop PC, thus, once again, the 'bot is an animatronic wireless add-on, not even the key component of the application.

Think about this, you and I are having a discussion over a few IP hubs. Neither of us are face to face but we have a conceptualization of sitting at a desktop in Boston typing, while you're in NYC at another desktop, reading my postings. Thus, we've substituted a discussion, which used to go on in the 50s/60s at let's say a cafe in Harvard Sq Cambridge MA or Greenwich Village NYC, but with digital interfaces. If it was the year 2030, I could be a digital computer answering these questions with S_Parc's former memories programmed in & for the most part, you wouldn't be able to make a 100% discernment w/o a type of Turing test software to tell if it were the real me.

And that's really the crux of it. Technology is moving ahead but social restrictions are legislated between humans, corporations, and municipalities. That's why the drive for greater profits and corporatization will drive people to become even more attached to machines and then, the femi-nazi legislators (Hillary Clinton, Ellen Degeneres, Melissa Etheridge) will have what they want, a world where men and women don't interact anymore. The regular AWs will simply follow the path of least resistance in a corporatized, machine driven society.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Fellows, here's the interview with AI researcher, David Levy, in Scientific American concerning relationships with robots ...

http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... ing-robots
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

thanks for the interview. I just sent you a PM by the way
rome86
Freshman Poster

Post by rome86 »

female robots ..no way .. only western world is f***ed up ..we still have over dozens countries to visit and besides latin countries value family ... the english mindset is weird, distant, cold,materialistic,greedy,spoiled, and on and on
hello
Enishi
Freshman Poster

Post by Enishi »

In English speaking countries I can see this happening. It would only be *good* in the sense of moving materialistic, Calvinist, feminist culture along toward its inevitable collapse even faster. Good riddance.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

rome86 wrote:female robots ..no way .. only western world is f***ed up ..we still have over dozens countries to visit and besides latin countries value family ... the english mindset is weird, distant, cold,materialistic,greedy,spoiled, and on and on
Yes, it's f'cked up. In some ways, I think even Dr Levy is being a bit politically correct in saying that 'bots will help in teaching people how to become better lovers. The truth of the matter is that women and men are genuinely distant in America & the 'bots will simply seal that door closed. So the idea that this is for *socially inept* individuals is a way of mentioning the topic but at the same time, poo pooing it without the true consideration it represents.

My fear really isn't for any of us on this board. We all have plans to be abroad with women but I am concerned for the children and grandkids. This doesn't bode well for humanity in the 22th century.

Here's some food for thought on how a woman deals with the mannequin thing differently. Here's a youtube clip of an AW film maker using a *self-referencing* realdoll as a prop for her concept film ...

http://www.youtube.com/realdoll

In her diatribe, she mentions rape but if you look at the images in the short clip, there's nothing in it to even suggest that crime. It's her trying to project herself as being docile, helpless, with the *potential for victimization* but all of that is in her head. This is exactly why it's not worth being with an AW. She already has victimization in her credo and thus, all it'll take is one misstep and you could be faced with a lawsuit.