Most American Men Are Lazy

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

Most American Men Are Lazy

Post by ErikHeaven »

Too lazy to travel and find something new. I talk to retirees all the time and they all tell me that they are going to move to FLORIDA or some other southern state. Many of them put up with the same nagging unattractive wives or they are pursuing some old divorced chick they met through friends.
Its kills me how some people who have the disposable incomes and the passports just never seem to want to leave this motherf***er.
I have to save hard to go to phillippines this year. Some people in America can leave whenever they want to, the kicker is they dont want to.
American women travel way more than men. My sister goes to a different country every year.
I think the spirit of adventure has been dead in many American men for some time.
Between the chasing after single mother's and just being depressed i wonder why the suicide rates are not skyrocketing.
I hope you all can check this out i applied myself they have overseas jobs http://www.fluor.com
If you are prior military they have plenty of jobs there for you.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

Post by ErikHeaven »

You know what else i talk to many men and many of them tell me they have never left their home state. STAGNATION is the word for many men here.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Re: Most American Men Are Lazy

Post by S_Parc »

ErikHeaven wrote:Too lazy to travel and find something new. I talk to retirees all the time and they all tell me that they are going to move to FLORIDA or some other southern state. Many of them put up with the same nagging unattractive wives or they are pursuing some old divorced chick they met through friends.
Its kills me how some people who have the disposable incomes and the passports just never seem to want to leave this motherf***er.
Look at it this way, we're a relatively high population country. But yet, pretty much everywhere I go, (besides the US tourist colonial state of Cancun), I'm usually among the handful of Americans around. As a general rule of thumb, any aesthetically *fit* & polite American man abroad is treated with a certain modicum of respect by people around him.

For some reason, I like it this way. Why would you want to flood every 3 to 5 star hotel, or foreigner district, with Satelite/TV, supersize me drones? If that were to happen, I'd have to then pretend to be an elitist with a 'better than the others' from my home country type of salty attitude. And that would make me look like one of those Eurotrash beacons than a decent fellow.

And yeah, Florida's lame.
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

Erik let them stay ignorant about traveling abroad. Personally i wouldn't want most american men to know they have options abroad. Why, call me selfish but it would just do more harm than good honestly.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

ErikHeaven wrote:You know what else i talk to many men and many of them tell me they have never left their home state. STAGNATION is the word for many men here.
Good. I hope it stays that way. Some Americans who do travel overseas act obnoxious and entitled. The "Ugly American" stereotype is there for a reason. In all honesty, Americans are despised by most people in the world. Of course, not all Americans are like this, but some are; case in point--military personnel. I was in the military stationed in Europe and I saw all kinds of poor behavior from soldiers: rapes, fights, racism, drugs, etc.
TRADER1972
Freshman Poster

Post by TRADER1972 »

ErikHeaven wrote:You know what else i talk to many men and many of them tell me they have never left their home state. STAGNATION is the word for many men here.
That is definitely one of my pet peeves. Too many of these hicks are so closed and simple minded they cant even get in their truck and cross the damn border of their state! Americans are truthfully WILLFULLY IGNORANT.

That's why we suck at Geography. After all, why learn about anyplace else when you live in the "greatest country ever" blah,blah, blah.

This country will be better off when these ignorant types DIE OUT.
TRADER1972
Freshman Poster

Post by TRADER1972 »

zboy1 wrote:
Good. I hope it stays that way. Some Americans who do travel overseas act obnoxious and entitled. The "Ugly American" stereotype is there for a reason. In all honesty, Americans are despised by most people in the world. Of course, not all Americans are like this, but some are; case in point--military personnel. I was in the military stationed in Europe and I saw all kinds of poor behavior from soldiers: rapes, fights, racism, drugs, etc.
The FACT is we are such an ignorant people that most don't even know how bad we are viewed overseas.

So pathetic.

And or course, being the spoiled rotten babies most are, they wouldn't last a week overseas, unless they are in a similar country (Britain, Germany) or holed up in a 5 star hotel in a 3rd world country.

If these people had to do without for a day or two they would go crying to their mommy.

An example, how many people would absolutely (especially women) lose it if they were without a cell phone for 24 hours?

You want to try a study? Disable the cell towers/ signals and watch how high the murder rate, road rage, etc is in 1 week. That is what is wrong with America.

WE ARE KATRINA, NOT JAPAN........... uncivilized and selfish, lawless and out for ourselves.
The same things that cause us to be hated abroad.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

TRADER1972 wrote:Too many of these hicks are so closed and simple minded they cant even get in their truck and cross the damn border of their state!
I'd once met someone who'd never left his home state of Rhode Island. Can you believe it? Rhode Island! :shock:

I mean that's some 40 miles to Connecticut and another 20 miles to Massachusetts but this guy never did it. :o Not even the Mall, just across the border at Attleboro.
TRADER1972
Freshman Poster

Re: Most American Men Are Lazy

Post by TRADER1972 »

ErikHeaven wrote:
I think the spirit of adventure has been dead in many American men for some time.
Between the chasing after single mother's and just being depressed i wonder why the suicide rates are not skyrocketing.
I think one explanation is this:

Most people are incapable of accepting the truth about their lives. Its much easier for them, apparently, to live in a world of denial,etc.

What other explanation could there be as to why, with all the shit an average Joe/Teshawn :lol: has to put up with in this country, that they are not dropping like flies?

This also explains why so many men are obsessed with pro sports or video games. I like football but its not my life. For many men, IT IS THEIR LIFE.

Then when you add in all the people who escape reality with substance abuse...that is millions right there.

Some are probably just hanging on hoping to get another good lay. Its kind of hard to pull the trigger when you convince yourself you may get some p***y any time soon. I think that covers another percent of the population.

For the ones who work, they are on the treadmill/rat race and probably too damn worried about not pissing off their boss to ask themselves "What the hell am I doing with my life?"

So in summary...this is why I think men are not killing themselves even more.

1. OSTRICH SYNDROME
2. ADDICTED TO SPORTS OR VIDEO GAMES, ETC.
3. ESCAPE THROUGH DRUGS
4. HOPING FOR ONE LAST PIECE OF p***y
5. WORRIED ABOUT THEIR BOSS, NOT THEMSELVES
TRADER1972
Freshman Poster

Post by TRADER1972 »

S_Parc wrote:
TRADER1972 wrote:Too many of these hicks are so closed and simple minded they cant even get in their truck and cross the damn border of their state!
I'd once met someone who'd never left his home state of Rhode Island. Can you believe it? Rhode Island! :shock:

I mean that's some 40 miles to Connecticut and another 20 miles to Massachusetts but this guy never did it. :o Not even the Mall, just across the border at Attleboro.
Damn, was he married?
I would rather make $2000 a month working for myself, then $4000 a month working for a bitch.
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

I have this guy on my job

Post by ErikHeaven »

He is 42 and this man if you can call him that literally plays xbox every day and night. He is always bugging me to come on all the time. I tell him i play on the weekends and that's it. My other time is devoted to finding another job and leaving the bitch from hell aka my female boss.
He is always talking about sexing some new chick or playing video games. I find grown men like him disgusting.
Or most of the men always talk about the Buffalo Bills or the Buffalo Sabres like sports is their religion.
I agree i think most American men deep down inside have nothing to live for. I know the economy is bad yet some people have no sense of strength to go on another day. I just keep to myself and stay strong.
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Agree with all the previous posts

Post by well-informed »

Sports is everything here in America. The National Football League(NFL) is a 9 BILLION DOLLAR MARKET in this crappy economy. The demand to watch football is extremely high. I like watching football but i'm not paying $200 tickets to watch a single game, that's ridiculous
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

TRADER1972 wrote:
S_Parc wrote:I'd once met someone who'd never left his home state of Rhode Island. Can you believe it? Rhode Island! :shock:

Damn, was he married?
I'd doubt it because if he were, his wife would have dragged him to a Mall over in Massachusetts.

Rhode Island isn't a sort of shopper's paradise, it's a sort of, sort of :? . Actually, I have no idea what it is :?:

A place where time has forgetten, perhaps? A type of frozen monument to those Robber Barons who'd lived along the coast at Newport.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Breakers
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Re: Agree with all the previous posts

Post by S_Parc »

well-informed wrote:Sports is everything here in America
Absolutely! It's the key ingredient to breaking into practically any social circle for a region. I suspect that my being a lifelong Boston Celtics fans has helped me in finding & retaining acquaintances in the region. It's almost like a religion.
ajvf97
Freshman Poster

This is all quite true

Post by ajvf97 »

I'm new here and only in recent months have I discovered Happier Abroad, its forums and other links. I'm in agreement with these posts. Too many guys I talk to are in denial, ingnorant, lazy and scared to travel abroad. Some people haven't left their home state? Try home town! I've met people who have never left their home town. Not only is that pathetic but depressing. Ironically, these same types of people are completely dumbfounded awestruck when I tell them that I have travelled abroad. They wonder how a single guy like me with no kids and never married can afford such trips.

These are the same people who, based on my observations, are focusing too much on their automobiles, watching fecal programming on virtually every cable/satellite channel, playing xbox, drooling over fantasy football and posting their every single thought and feeling on facebook. Yet they wonder why they are single in America. Most of these guys find a woman who is overweight and bitchy (typical AmeriCunt) and settle on that because of their fear of being alone and they feel they can do no better.

I say let these guys be the way they are. Why should I encourage them to travel abroad when they don't want to change. Besides, that's more women for me on my next trip to Eastern Europe. Ironically, these same people thought only 4 years ago that some countries still belonged to the USSR. Not only do people in this country suck at geography, but they can't keep up on what's going on in the world.