World's friendliest countries - Is this a joke?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
rome86
Freshman Poster

World's friendliest countries - Is this a joke?

Post by rome86 »

what about latin countries...philippines, french and spanish africa ..ahaha who write these stupid articles ? :cry:

correct them please guys :lol:
hello
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: world friendliest countries ? is this ajoke ?

Post by ladislav »

rome86 wrote:what about latin countries...philippines, french and spanish africa ..ahaha who write these stupid articles ? :cry:

correct them please guys :lol:
You mean this?

http://www.forbes.com/2009/12/07/worlds ... ahootravel

I guess they interviewed CEOs with families who were on a generous living allowance or something.

There are not many jobs in Latin countries and the French and Spanish Africa where they send a CEO with a generous living allowance and an international school allowance for his kids.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
rome86
Freshman Poster

Post by rome86 »

thanks ladislav ..it is that article precisely. these people have no sense of reality.
hello
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

I was just in Hong Kong. There is nothing even remotely friendly about the place. Why is it even on the list?!
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

It is on that list because CEOs on 500K a year salary + an expat allowance live in a different reality. The way the world looks when you are rich is different from the way it looks when you are poor. And average folks like us also have a certain picture. Everyone is friendly to the rich and they go for places where they can get the best services for their virtually unlimited bucks, And yes, HK people love those with money and are friendly to them. Most countries are as mean as junkyard dogs to the poor and treat them like dirt. Average Westerners like us need to have our own list, too.
Also, if you are rich and powerful in some foreign land and do not speak the language and only use English and live in the English speaking environment you will never know what the natives say about you. And your faithful translators may not always translate those nasty words for you.
In the US, too, if you are rich, you will find that Americans are super friendly. No matter what color you are.

Filipinos are super nice to Americans and let them in without a visa. Girls in the city die to date a rich Joe. The Philippines looks different if you are a Bangladheshi, though. You won't be even given the visa to get in.
Last edited by ladislav on May 6th, 2011, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

ladislav wrote:Average Westerners like us need to have our own list, too.
There should be travel guides for people of different ethnicities, income levels, religions, sexual orientation, etc.. really the idea that there is an all encompassing "friendliest" place in the world is laughable. It's all about leveraging your qualities in a society that's at least tolerant or ideally accepting of you.

Most of those countries in that list are in fact terribly intolerant to most people who don't fit the "ideal" expat.
rome86
Freshman Poster

Post by rome86 »

i agrre with repatriate. it's all about the environment
hello
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

I'm sure there are sites like Black Atlas and Black Traveler for other ethnicities in America. You'll just have to find them.
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

This is a much better way of ranking:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Planet_Index

If I understand correctly, it measures "life" happiness as opposed to "money or wealth" happiness, which is fake and superficial.

You will notice that the top countries, are typically warm, but poor.

Philippines is number 14, USA is 150!

Haha!

I think most members on this forum will agree with and understand the above link.
rome86
Freshman Poster

Post by rome86 »

will i like that ranking it seems really interesting..most of the western countries ranks really low.
hello