Just checking in. Ladislav, are you out there?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Hook
Freshman Poster

Just checking in. Ladislav, are you out there?

Post by Hook »

I bought Winston's book about 6 months ago, and have been following expat dating sites like this since.

I could never figure out why women here always would reject me but hook up with guys that treated them like dirt. Now that I have been reading sites like these it is starting to make more sense. Like a typical chump, I thought that being kinder and more sensitive would make things better, even though it ended up making them worse.

I sometimes thought it was my looks, but you can see what I used to look like in college from my avatar. Not the best, but certainly not the worst either. Looks probably have a lot to do with it now, because I am 38 and losing my hair.

I do know that one the problems is that I'm not Mormon and almost everyone here in Utah is. They Mormons have a serious taboo about marying outside of the religion.

I know that it isn't finances, because I own my own house that is paid for and pull in over $100,000 a year.

Anyway, I am planning on visiting Ukraine later this summer and meeting up with some girls I have been corresponding with. Anyone have any experience with Anastasiadate.com? I was thinking of going on an independent trip to Ukraine and traveling between the cities where the girls I have been corresponding with. But I don't know Russian well enough to get around. So I am now thinking of taking an Anastasia romance tour and having
Last edited by Hook on May 10th, 2011, 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Hook
Freshman Poster

Post by Hook »

So I am now thinking of taking an Anastasia romance tour just to meet one of the girls. But the tours are pretty steep at $4,300. What would be ideal is to bring along someone that knows Russian to act as a guide and translator.

Ladislav, are you going back to Ukraine anytime soon? I could pay for two weeks of your hotels and food for half of the romance tour price if you wanted to be my translator :)) Plus I could travel to multiple cities instead of just one.

Also, do you think that Ukrainian women are going to be able to deal with a guy that basically has ZERO experience with women? Most women here don't like that at all.

Anyway, I hope to hear back from you guys with what you think.

Matt
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

I have no info on Anastasia Date, except this thread which shows a slutty video of theirs
viewtopic.php?t=9830

be cautious of all dating services, especially with that kind of money and no guarantee. some are scams.
there is also the concern that women specifically looking for foreign men are not in it for love. (not always true though!)
as seen here: viewtopic.php?t=10283

Why don't you ask the advice of Mark Edward Davis. He's also knowledgeable about ukraine, and he's a member of this forum as well
http://europeandreamconnections.com/happier-abroad/
viewtopic.php?t=9476&start=50
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I'll email Ladislav to make sure he sees this thread.

Have you browsed any of the Ukrainian women profiles on my dating sites?

http://personals.happierabroad.com
http://women.happierabroad.com

You can download Mark Davis' free ebook about finding a partner in Ukraine here:

http://europeandreamconnections.com/happier-abroad/

He also runs Quest Tours (or Romance Tours).

http://europeandreamconnections.com/join
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Mark Edward Davis
Freshman Poster

Post by Mark Edward Davis »

Hey, Matt:

Welcome to club, man. We've all experienced what you're talking about. I dated in Latin American before I went on a tour and met my wife in Ukraine. This year is our 4th anniversary and it's been beyond expectations in every way!

I'd like to answer two of your questions. First, to answer what the Ukrainian ladies are looking for I can think of no better way to answer that than from a Ukrainian lady. Here's a link to where my wife answers that question: http://europeandreamconnections.com/ask ... oking-for/

As far as getting over there and dating you want to put everything in your favor. First assumption - you have to go to her to meet her. Don't fall in love with anyone you're writing to now until you've met them in person. Too many guys make this mistake. She may be very real and sincere, but when you meet her there is no chemistry, she's too tall, she's hyperactive, whatever. I'm not saying don't go meet girls you're writing to, but just make those dates a part of your compete trip agenda including meeting many more.

The typical socials can be overwhelming. They may have translators available in the room, but it's up to you to initiate first contact and that can be intimidating. However, the socials do accomplish one vital thing: they get hundreds of qualified girls in one room.

My wife and I are hosting our own singles events this summer. Every guy gets his own translator/guide and we will have seven events to offer ways for every personality type to connect.

I salute you for getting on a plane and going. You can't download a wife.

Mark
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Mark Edward Davis wrote:You can't download a wife.

Mark
Nice catchphrase! Did you borrow it from somewhere or create it yourself.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Matt, please PM me. Let's talk on Skype etc.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Mark Edward Davis
Freshman Poster

Post by Mark Edward Davis »

Dude, it came from my marketing director, Rick Butts, in a moment of hilarity and brilliance. Rick rocks (pun intended).
Hook
Freshman Poster

Post by Hook »

Thanks everyone for the information.

Ladislav: I'll send you a message later today with more info.

Mark: Thanks for the advice about falling in love before meeting in real life. I agree that you can't really know if there is chemistry before meeting. I haven't fallen in love with any of the ladies I have been corresponding with. But they seem like nice girls.

I have been corresponding with 3 ladies for about 4 months now and would hate to throw all that effort to know them away. To be honest, I am more comfortable in a one-on-one environment with a woman rather than a loud party with lots of people around. But if you think that it is much better to be in a social instead of a single date, I will take that under advisement.

BTW, if no one ever hooks up via letter writing, then why do the marriage agencies even offer it? Is it just a money making scam for the marriage agency?
I have already spent close to $1000 on sending letters back and forth. But since they do translations, I don't feel that is a bad deal.

The one thing I found out about Anastasia.com that I don't like is that they send random introductory letters to you and make it appear that the woman was the one that actually sent it. In fact the correspondence with the three ladies I am writing to all started with the random intro. I figured they were already interested in me, so I put more effort into them. Now that I understand how it works, I realize that I should have made the initial contact with women that were the closest match to what I wanted. Since the intro letters are meaningless anyway.

Winston: Thanks for bringing my post to the attention of the other experts here. I really owe you one for giving me some hope that things can be better. If this works out, I'll name my firstborn son after you :wink:
MarkDY
Freshman Poster

Post by MarkDY »

Hook wrote:BTW, if no one ever hooks up via letter writing, then why do the marriage agencies even offer it? Is it just a money making scam for the marriage agency?
I have already spent close to $1000 on sending letters back and forth. But since they do translations, I don't feel that is a bad deal.

The one thing I found out about Anastasia.com that I don't like is that they send random introductory letters to you and make it appear that the woman was the one that actually sent it. In fact the correspondence with the three ladies I am writing to all started with the random intro. I figured they were already interested in me, so I put more effort into them. Now that I understand how it works, I realize that I should have made the initial contact with women that were the closest match to what I wanted. Since the intro letters are meaningless anyway:
Hook, I think $1000 is way to much. I used Anastaia once. You can write the women, but they never give you their e-mail address, cell phones numbers, etc... And why pay for translation when with Bing Translator and Google Translator you can translate your own letters from free.
I believe the best and most cost effective sites are those the letter you get the woman's personal information ASAP, so you can contact them for free without using the introduction site.
This is what I like about the Cupid Networks, for a monthly fee, you can chat with women and get their personal information (if they want to give it to you) No need to write letters at $9 each
I have used LatinAmericanCupid, and dating some women I met there. Many are on my facebook friends list.

Visit Our Other Sites - AfroIntroductions.com | AsianDating.com | AussieCupid.com.au | BBWCupid.com | BlackCupid.com | BrazilCupid.com | CaribbeanCupid.com | ChineseLoveLinks.com | ChristianCupid.com | ColombianCupid.com | DominicanCupid.com | FilipinoCupid.com | GayCupid.com | HongKongCupid.com | IndianCupid.com | IndonesianCupid.com | InterracialCupid.com | IranianSinglesConnection.com | JapanCupid.com | KoreanCupid.com | LatinAmericanCupid.com | MexicanCupid.com | MilitaryCupid.com | Muslima.com | PinkCupid.com | RussianCupid.com | SingaporeLoveLinks.com | SingleParentLove.com | SouthAfricanCupid.com | ThaiLoveLinks.com | UkraineDate.com | VietnamCupid.com
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

~$_$~

For $1,000, you can buy a round trip ticket and fly to Europe. Online dating takes the fun out of meeting people in-person and trying to communicate with limited foreign language skills + body language. A large part of your communication is nonverbal, and usually can only be done in-person.