Cost of getting a humble little home on some land in PI...

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Cost of getting a humble little home on some land in PI...

Post by manly5000 »

Hey guys,

Just curious how good of a price you can pick up a nice little home on maybe a couple acres away from a city, land that would let you grow some sort of crops/livestock and be somewhat self-sufficient on.

For instance, if you try to find a spot higher up in a cooler area on an island in the central Phils/Visayas/Cebu vicinity, how hard and how costly is it to find?

Most of the real estate I see online is all fancier homes in or close to the city on small little plots with hardly any yard.

Thanks!

PS I understand that foreigners can't outright own land... but this is assuming I meet the girl of my dreams and we get married and she serves as the owner of the land etc etc.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: Cost of getting a humble little home on some land in PI.

Post by OutWest »

manly5000 wrote:Hey guys,

Just curious how good of a price you can pick up a nice little home on maybe a couple acres away from a city, land that would let you grow some sort of crops/livestock and be somewhat self-sufficient on.

For instance, if you try to find a spot higher up in a cooler area on an island in the central Phils/Visayas/Cebu vicinity, how hard and how costly is it to find?

Most of the real estate I see online is all fancier homes in or close to the city on small little plots with hardly any yard.

Thanks!

PS I understand that foreigners can't outright own land... but this is assuming I meet the girl of my dreams and we get married and she serves as the owner of the land etc etc.

buying property in the Philippines can be tricky . You will need well seasoned help that you can trust-
a tall order. Of course it is not directly held in your own name, but you can do a 49 year lease-back for
example. Assuming you have good assistance, the next problem is getting the "Filipino price".
Anything you see advertized on the net will be badly inflated,,,"opportunity pricing".
In any inquiry the expat needs to be INVISIBLE.

There are deals to be had however. I just bought about 5 acres with coconut and mango, good water
and electric and WIFI on the island of Bohol. It has a shack house on it that needs to be torn down.
I paid $17,800 for it. Locals think I got a very good deal.

You may notice that there are apparently not many "Real Philippines Expats" on this board if you define such
as one who is raising family and living a kind of normal family life here. I am not aware of any.
There is a big difference in perspective if one is in that position. Send me a private mail if you need further info.

Outwest,
Misamis Oriental, Mindanao
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Thanks Outwest, that's kinda what I'm after...

Not really interested in partying and sleeping around so much, really just want to meet that one special girl and make a life and family with her in my own little tropical paradise. Also hoping to be self-sufficient at least to some degree.

Could you live in that little shack or is it pretty much rubble? Haha.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

manly5000 wrote:Thanks Outwest, that's kinda what I'm after...

Not really interested in partying and sleeping around so much, really just want to meet that one special girl and make a life and family with her in my own little tropical paradise. Also hoping to be self-sufficient at least to some degree.

Could you live in that little shack or is it pretty much rubble? Haha.
The shack house is probably fit for some kind of storage use. It is not very expensive to
build a small decent house on the property though...it is about 3 miles from the beach...quiet...small farms...
and a real retreat from the city...and still has all utilities and WIFI...send me a PM (private mail) if
you want further information. You are on a different wave-length than most here, so perhaps I
can point you a good direction...can save you a lot of grief...

Outwest