Dating Middle Class Filipinas?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Winston wrote:Rock, Baron,

You forget something. If middle class Filipinas barely even talk to strangers and have that shield around them that American women have, then what use is having a condo? If they don't talk to you, then it's a moot point right? It's not like they get to know you, see your place, and then dump you. That's not what is happening. So what does a condo have to do with it?

But yeah, it does depend on where you hang out. That I'll agree with.

Btw, check out these middle class Filipinas I met in a gated community. Someone took me to a house party there and I met them. They had the shield around them that yuppie American girls have, except they seem even more introverted. They were there to do a photo shoot at a photographer's house. When I tried to talk to them, they only gave quick yes/no answers, and so were not very engaging. At one point, I asked to pose a picture with them, and that's what you see below. However, two of them, including one super hot tall white Filipina refused to be in the picture and stepped outside instead. lol

Anyway, see below. Don't they carry a different vibe and body language than poor Filipinas do?

I was lucky enough to meet and marry a "middle class" filipino girl (see my avitar of the girl sitting down in the chair) so I have some experience with this topic. When I was courting Cathy, I visited her several times in Cebu. I got a chance to meet many of her other middle class friends. You guys are correct, IMHO 80% of them will prefer to date other filipinos. I'm a big believer in Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs as it explains the reasoning behind people's behavior. Many poorer classs filipinos are the ones actively seeking kanos because their basic needs of shelter, food and security have not been satisfied. If you sign online to Cherry Blossoms or Asian Hearts, I can pretty much guarantee that all the emails that you receive will be coming from poor girls.

With the middle class Filipina (like the ones in the photo with Winston above), usually her basics have been met and they will naturally date their own kind. However, this doesn’t mean that it can’t be done! I posted a reply a few weeks ago about the “hunted or the hunter concept.� IF you sit back and let the Filipinas approach you (whether it be in person or online) you’ll no doubt end up with a poorer girl to date/marry. However, those that are patient and willing to look under a few rocks before you strike gold, you can find a “middle class� Filipina much easier than trying to find a lady here in the west. For those who have not seen my prior posts before, either do a search or PM me and I will gladly share my methods which are SPECIFICALLY designed to meet middle class girls.

Back to the topic of motivation. In order to find a middle class girl, you’ll have to find one that is either 1) looking for a better opportunity abroad and/or 2) flat out fond of kanos (yes they do exist). All three of Cathy’s sisters have four year degrees and held good jobs in Phils. But since they were looking for both items 1 and 2, all three of them are now married to Americans and happily living in the US.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote:
Winston wrote: Yeah well I only do that in Taiwan. I never did that in America. Maybe you should tell that to Rock, since he took it as a sign that I'm more Taiwanese than I thought. lol
Oh, so it is a product of your environment then, not because you have Taiwanese (actually Han Chinese) genes then?
I might agree with that. But then why did you use it as an example that I "might be more Taiwanese than I thought"?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:
Rock wrote:
Winston wrote: Yeah well I only do that in Taiwan. I never did that in America. Maybe you should tell that to Rock, since he took it as a sign that I'm more Taiwanese than I thought. lol
Oh, so it is a product of your environment then, not because you have Taiwanese (actually Han Chinese) genes then?
I might agree with that. But then why did you use it as an example that I "might be more Taiwanese than I thought"?
Because you were raised by Taiwanese parents and often exposed to your Taiwan relatives from all generations during your formative years. My comment was a reference to your environment, not your genetic makeup.

BTW, wouldn't Taiwanese genes come from Taiwanese aborigines? I don't think you are genetically linked to them at all. And the V sign in China is a relatively new. I don't think Chinese in PRC did that 30 years ago even though they had the very same genes that the do now.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

If I'm Taiwanese deep down, then how come I don't act humble and modest with filial piety like typical Taiwanese do? How come I act so arrogant? You've seen my communication style. It is nothing like how Taiwanese communicate at all. And don't get me started on my mentality and beliefs...
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
swincor
Freshman Poster

Post by swincor »

Winston wrote:If I'm Taiwanese deep down, then how come I don't act humble and modest with filial piety like typical Taiwanese do? How come I act so arrogant? You've seen my communication style. It is nothing like how Taiwanese communicate at all. And don't get me started on my mentality and beliefs...

I think it's because you're a reptilian.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Rock wrote:
swincor__ wrote:

EDIT:

And for Christ's sake Winston, the next time you're having your picture taken with girls, cut the stupid 'V' signs with the fingers. And the dorky grin too. Actually, you were better off not posing with those girls, since they weren't nice or friendly to you. They're not even hot-looking anyway.
That's just a dorky sign that Taiwanese (and people from some other Asian countries I believe) like to make when they take photos. I think young people here started doing it after Chiang Kai-Shek died and the environment slowly became less serious and tense (just my theory though). Maybe Winston is more Taiwanese than he realizes. Anyway, it sure beats gang signs and bling poses, at least for girls. I agree that it just looks too silly and weak on guys though.
Winston wrote:If I'm Taiwanese deep down, then how come I don't act humble and modest with filial piety like typical Taiwanese do? How come I act so arrogant? You've seen my communication style. It is nothing like how Taiwanese communicate at all. And don't get me started on my mentality and beliefs...
I didn't claim you were fully Taiwanese deep down. I just made one lighthearted comment that you might be more Taiwanese than you realize since you like to make that faggot-ass smiling 'V' sign pose in photos.

But, perhaps this country's culture has influenced you a bit in other ways as well, particularly through your parents and extended family. For example, during the extended periods you live in rural Chiayi County, you basically depend on your folks for everything even though you are a fully grown man - room, board, utilities, cellphone, and transportation. An only son like you is much more likely to fall into such a behavior pattern in Taiwan than in the US. Child-parent interdependence is just a lot more typical here. And Taiwan parents are especially keen to spoil an only son. Some male kids from what I consider the 'rich lower class' (poor families who suddenly became rich) are real monsters - driving around in super luxury cars, lashing-out at anyone who crosses them, and generally believing that they own the world. These brat types seem to have absolutely no appreciation for all they've been given, often never bother to get a serious job, and sometimes impregnate girls and abandon them or get involved in drugs - all taboos in this culture. So there is an underbelly to things here. Its not as uniform as your square extended family and friendship circle might have you believe.

All-in-all, I certainly do not think you are very typical Taiwanese. But then again, how many ABTs (American born Taiwanese) or quasi ABTs are? I don't know for sure cus I've never lived in a US Asian community. But I would suspect that most Asian Americans, especially those that grew-up in the States from an early age, retain just a portion of their family's former homeland customs, behavior patterns, values, and beliefs. And this portion likely diminishes as you get into successive generations. Hence, I believe environment does play an enormous role in how people develop.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Today at the health food store in the mall, I talked to a young girl that worked there, and was amazed at how articulate and knowledgeable she was about health. She said she had been trained at nursing school and also by the store franchise, which was headquartered in America.

While I was talking to her, Dianne got impatient and yelled "I'm going to go now!" (even though I wait patiently for her while she talks to cosmetic sales ladies, sheesh)

This got me thinking, why didn't I get involved with an educated intelligent girl such as this one I'm talking to in the health food store? Perhaps the advisors here were right when they said not to get shacked up too early out of desperation in the Philippines. Damn...

And why can't Dianne contribute to an intelligent discussion like this? I mean, when the Hungarian couple was here, whenever I had heavy discussions with the guy, his girlfriend would always get involved and interject her side points and critical thinking into our discussion.

So how come other people are able to get shacked up with a partner that contributes on their level, but I can't? That sucks.

I've known plenty of white girls that I had a lot in common with, with the same spiritual beliefs on life as me. (Such as Ellie from Australia, see our picture together here) But they are never attracted to me. Only girls of lower education who are simple and not articulate want to get with me. That sucks! It's supposed to be the other way around. But then again, Murphy's Law ruled my life, not logic and what should be!

Anyway, I hope to talk to that girl again at the health food store, next time without Dianne... It's refreshing to meet a girl that is cute and that you can hold a proper intelligent articulate conversation with.

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Today at the health food store in the mall, I talked to a young girl that worked there, and was amazed at how articulate and knowledgeable she was about health. She said she had been trained at nursing school and also by the store franchise, which was headquartered in America.

While I was talking to her, Dianne got impatient and yelled "I'm going to go now!" (even though I wait patiently for her while she talks to cosmetic sales ladies, sheesh)

This got me thinking, why didn't I get involved with an educated intelligent girl such as this one I'm talking to in the health food store? Perhaps the advisors here were right when they said not to get shacked up too early out of desperation in the Philippines. Damn...

And why can't Dianne contribute to an intelligent discussion like this? I mean, when the Hungarian couple was here, whenever I had heavy discussions with the guy, his girlfriend would always get involved and interject her side points and critical thinking into our discussion.

So how come other people are able to get shacked up with a partner that contributes on their level, but I can't? That sucks.

I've known plenty of white girls that I had a lot in common with, with the same spiritual beliefs on life as me. (Such as Ellie from Australia, see our picture together here) But they are never attracted to me. Only girls of lower education who are simple and not articulate want to get with me. That sucks! It's supposed to be the other way around. But then again, Murphy's Law ruled my life, not logic and what should be!

Anyway, I hope to talk to that girl again at the health food store, next time without Dianne... It's refreshing to meet a girl that is cute and that you can hold a proper intelligent articulate conversation with.
Perhaps you can find an educated, articulate, brainy, and spiritual type if you are willing to compromise a lot on looks. Its probably a lot easier to find this type (attractive on the inside but rotten on the outside) or the opposite (physically attractive but from lower class background with no intellectual curiosity) than to find the total package (physically attractive, educated, spiritual, intellectual, etc.).

Total package girls are just too much in demand so they tend to get snapped-up quickly, sometimes by guys with similar attributes.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The girl at Healthy Options wasn't hot. She was just cute and decent looking. Not unattainable. But intelligent girls are going to be more picky and analytical.

It was refreshing to talk to her though. She was very calm and relaxed, like the kind of salesperson I was - likable, sincere, knowledgeable, credible-sounding and non-pushy. Customers like those type of staff the best, who are informative, helpful, credible and do not push them to buy things they don't need. That's the kind of salesperson I was too. People like that.

If I went to the Filipino Freethinkers meeting in Manila, I'm sure I can meet some brainy Filipina types, but they are likely to be plain looking or nerdy looking.

Still, it'd be nice to find a low class Filipina with dignity, values and manners, rather than middle class. There are many poor Filipinas who look and dress like middle class too.

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:The girl at Healthy Options wasn't hot. She was just cute and decent looking. Not unattainable. But intelligent girls are going to be more picky and analytical.

It was refreshing to talk to her though. She was very calm and relaxed, like the kind of salesperson I was - likable, sincere, knowledgeable, credible-sounding and non-pushy. Customers like those type of staff the best, who are informative, helpful, credible and do not push them to buy things they don't need. That's the kind of salesperson I was too. People like that.

If I went to the Filipino Freethinkers meeting in Manila, I'm sure I can meet some brainy Filipina types, but they are likely to be plain looking or nerdy looking.
If anything, I have found the hottest girls (by my standards anyway) to be more difficult to win over than intellectual girls with a great backgrounds and stellar conversation skills.
Winston wrote:Still, it'd be nice to find a low class Filipina with dignity, values and manners, rather than middle class. There are many poor Filipinas who look and dress like middle class too.
I'm sure they must exist though I don't know how common they are. Perhaps the key cities and their surrounding areas have more of these types? Anyway, finding them probably requires approaching dozens of girls and playing the numbers game, unless you are lucky enough to bump into one early in the game.
swincor
Freshman Poster

Post by swincor »

Winston wrote:This got me thinking, why didn't I get involved with an educated intelligent girl such as this one I'm talking to in the health food store?
Most likely because you had chosen to set a very low bar for yourself from the very beginning.

To be honest, I doubt you would have succeeded in getting involved with an educated, intelligent girl. You weren't really looking for much beyond your immediate physical gratification. It was just cheap, available sex you were after all along, which explains your 5-year residence in a shithole whore town like Angeles.

Winston wrote: Perhaps the advisors here were right when they said not to get shacked up too early out of desperation in the Philippines. Damn...
"Perhaps" they were right? LOL

And I suppose you actually took your time to consider and objectively evaluate such advice?

And based on such an objective, dispassionate evaluation, you determined at the time that such advice was wrong-headed and flawed?

I gotta hand it to you, Winston, you really are one of a kind!
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

swincor__ wrote:
Winston wrote:This got me thinking, why didn't I get involved with an educated intelligent girl such as this one I'm talking to in the health food store?
Most likely because you had chosen to set a very low bar for yourself from the very beginning.

To be honest, I doubt you would have succeeded in getting involved with an educated, intelligent girl. You weren't really looking for much beyond your immediate physical gratification. It was just cheap, available sex you were after all along, which explains your 5-year residence in a shithole whore town like Angeles.

Winston wrote: Perhaps the advisors here were right when they said not to get shacked up too early out of desperation in the Philippines. Damn...
"Perhaps" they were right? LOL

And I suppose you actually took your time to consider and objectively evaluate such advice?

And based on such an objective, dispassionate evaluation, you determined at the time that such advice was wrong-headed and flawed?

I gotta hand it to you, Winston, you really are one of a kind!

It's not too hard to figure out...

If you live a middle class OR BETTER lifestyle in the Philippines, you tend to meet girls from that level.
Its not rocket science for God's sake. Can you afford a nice condo (in the city)
or a decent house in a gated subdivision...or a country house with walled compound ?

If you can afford that and live at that level, you will tend to meet middle class or better Filipinas.
Wow..how clever is that? It is so frigging OBVIOUS.

Girls at that level do NOT want meet broke foreigners living in dumpy apartments who spend their time
looking for cheap f***s. You cannot begin to understand the contempt that Filipinos from that strata
have for slumming ogres.

Isn't this all kind of a "Duh!" moment?

Outwest
Misamis Oriental, Mindanao
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Living near middle class girls isn't going to make them more open to you. A lot of middle class girls don't talk to strangers whether you meet them in a neighborhood or mall.

In Fremont, CA, I lived in a rich neighborhood, but I didn't get any dates cause of that.

No one thinks I'm poor. I just live very efficiently. I am not settled here. I am transient here, a traveler, so to speak.

Being financially independent is more important than showing off nice cars and houses that you don't own and are making monthly payments on in debt...

Outwest, you're a f***ing asshole...

OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Winston wrote:Living near middle class girls isn't going to make them more open to you. A lot of middle class girls don't talk to strangers whether you meet them in a neighborhood or mall.

In Fremont, CA, I lived in a rich neighborhood, but I didn't get any dates cause of that.

No one thinks I'm poor. I just live very efficiently. I am not settled here. I am transient here, a traveler, so to speak.

Being financially independent is more important than showing off nice cars and houses that you don't own and are making monthly payments on in debt...

I am pointing out simple social strata issues that exist in some form WORLDWIDE . Do you ever control your potty mouth?
Whether you choose to live far below your means is your business. Girls (and their families) will act on what they see and on what makes them feel confident. That is not some radical abrasive idea. You say you are a seeker of truth?

What do other folks on this forum think of Winston's behavior?

Outwest
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

OutWest wrote:
Winston wrote:Living near middle class girls isn't going to make them more open to you. A lot of middle class girls don't talk to strangers whether you meet them in a neighborhood or mall.

I am pointing out simple social strata issues that exist in some form WORLDWIDE . Do you ever control your potty mouth?
Whether you choose to live far below your means is your business. Girls (and their families) will act on what they see and on what makes them feel confident. That is not some radical abrasive idea. You say you are a seeker of truth?

What do other folks on this forum think of Winston's behavior?

Outwest
Instead of constantly picking on Winston, I'll take a more global approach which applies to all guys.

IMHO, if your goal is to chase middle class filipinas, then a guy will have to prop his image up to succeed. Certain buzz words like "Angeles", "girly bars", "mistress" are an automatic turnoff to her. If she gets wind of any dicey behavior she's gonna run for the hills and never look back at you.

A lower class girl really has few choices. She will be a prisioner in the relationship because she has no leverage. Much like the wife of a famous athlete, she is paid to be "understanding." If you get caught with your hand in the cookie jar, she'll run off to momma and have a wicked tampo but guess what, she'll be back in a week. Middle class girls are an entirely different animal because they have options. She makes a good salary and other guys have an interest in her.

If you are willing to tighten up your game a bit and focus on one girl (and get far away from Angeles) then you have a decent shot at landing a middle class lady. However, if you want to continue enjoying the bar scene forget about middle class chicks.

It's that simple.