Introducing Myself - TheLogicJunkie

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
TheLogicJunkie
Freshman Poster

Post by TheLogicJunkie »

MrPeabody wrote:There is a new book out I really recommend - "The Fall" by Steve Taylor. The book is written as a history of the human ego, and he backs up his thesis with anthropological and historical evidence. He call civilization the "fallen" state and spends time describing primitive "unfallen" people who live in a natural state of happiness without human ego or fear of death. He presents his theory backed up by evidence of how we got from "unfallen" to "fallen".
Thank you very much for that suggestion. I've added it to my amazon cart...
"The cemeteries of the world are full of indispensable men."
- Charles de Gaulle (1890 - 1970)

"Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows."
- George Orwell (1903 - 1950)

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

TheLogicJunkie
Freshman Poster

Post by TheLogicJunkie »

I want to thank all you guys (and girls) for all your feedback -- I can honestly say that this is exactly the caliber of advise I've needed since about the age of 18, quite honestly.

Unfortunately, this culture of ours is dead set against this kind of all-important honesty. It used to be that when people came into America via Ellis Island, the officials there, practicing the national policy of unabashed Anglo-Germanic supremacism, would take a new immigrant's name with thirteen high-scoring Scrabble consonants, accent marks and tailed C's, and would grunt out, "d'Isgney? Now you're 'Disney'. NEXT!"

And you know what? I never thought I'd say this, but those were the good old days, when the racial rules were actually still the same as today, but nobody had yet been intimidating into hiding them. Today, however, if your last name is Mediterranean or of an ethnicity anywhere other than northern Europe, nobody comes right out and lets you know that "Your kind ain't wanted 'round these parts".

No, what happens today is that the two-faced rules of so-called "multiculturalism" are in effect where, to your face, you are smiled at plasticly, yet you curiously spend most every night alone, date-less, and when you send in your application and resume with the "Oh, there's nothing wrong with that" last name with thirteen high-scoring Scrabble consonants and the accent marks and tailed C's, you almost NEVER get a response back beyond, if you're lucky, a "Thanks but no thanks" letter, UNLESS the job is for manual labor or doing customer service phone work with customers of "your kind".

Anyhow, that's a horse I've beaten before. Shortly and sweetly, thanks for the feedback.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows."
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Introducing Myself - TheLogicJunkie

Post by momopi »

TheLogicJunkie wrote: America is a trap, plain and simple. And if I'm ever able to escape it, I will.
1. What is preventing you from leaving the US?
2. If you feel that your Spanish surname is inhibiting your chance of success in the US, have you considered applying for jobs abroad? Spain did colonize a large chunk of the world where Spanish surnames are now common.
3. Do you have a passport, and have you been to Mexico?
Last edited by momopi on May 25th, 2011, 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Please tell us what your education and qualifications are. You have not answered that yet. Most people here are solution oriented and we are awaiting this info to offer you a plan of action.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
TheLogicJunkie
Freshman Poster

Post by TheLogicJunkie »

momopi wrote:

1. What is preventing you from leaving the US?
2. If you feel that your Spanish surname is inhibiting your chance of success in the US, have you considered applying for jobs abroad? Spain did colonize a large chunk of the world where Spanish surnames are now common.
3. Do you have a passport, and have you been to Mexico?
1. Although my family could potentially foot the bill for sending me out of the country, it's not an imposition I'm very comfortable with asking them for, UNLESS I had some kind of good indication from somewhere overseas that there might be a job there for me, or that the job market would be somewhat strongly amenable to me. So far, however, I've tried the nations of Spain, France, and Italy, and I'm even registered with a UK job site that sends me notifications about once a week, but nothing so far.

2. I've not tried Argentina yet, and I'm severely creeped out by Mexico, what with I've been told from people who've actually lived there, and with all the drug gang violence and decapitations and all that.

3. I do have a passport, yes, but I've not been to Mexico. I have had one person who lived in Cuernavaca tell me that it's beautiful there, but that was a few years ago.

I am more than willing to leave the country, but I'm strongly hesitant to leave if there's nothing already there lined up for me. And, yes, at some point I might just have to say "to hell with it" and just go regardless, but I'm not sure that would work out -- unless that's how it has to be done, and then I guess it would actually be the right course of action.

TheLogicJunkie
Freshman Poster

Post by TheLogicJunkie »

ladislav wrote:Please tell us what your education and qualifications are. You have not answered that yet. Most people here are solution oriented and we are awaiting this info to offer you a plan of action.
Well, I have a bachelor's degree in biopsych from Duke University, all my pre-medical coursework done and completed, as well as my Cisco CCNA certification and several Linux courses under my belt. I also have coursework here and there in clinical psych, natural medicine, and some other computer classes such as digital logic and C programming, although I pretty much despise programming.

Yes, I know I'm all over the place. But I also contend that a major reason I'm all over the place, is because it seems that I was never able to just get hired for anything I was actually interested in, and so I gave up and changed tracks. I think that, had I been hired earlier on and started making money, I would've been grounded much earlier. But this damn last name of mine... you know the rest of my schpiel.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

LogicJunkie,
Keep in mind that most jobs are not advertised. They are networked out or promoted from within. So searching online doesn't access you to most jobs. You gotta go there and network with people, develop contacts, and ask around.

But it depends on where you go. If you came here to the Philippines, I could set you up with an apartment for 80 dollars a month. Then you could live cheaply until you found something.

For now, you can write foreign girls for free at http://www.dateinasia.com and see how different they are from your country.

Also, if you need to save up money for airfare, just get a temp job through Kelly Services, Manpower or Express Personnel. They've always gotten me work. If your parents help, that's fine too. What are family's for? lol You gotta put your pride aside for the moment and understand that peace of mind and feeling good about yourself are the most important things in life (besides health of course). If your family can help jumpstart you to a better life, why not? My parents helped me for a while too, before I had enough income to pay my own bills overseas.
Last edited by Winston on May 26th, 2011, 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

If you have a BA you can now get a job teaching English already. Anyone with a BA in any discipline can pretty much leave for Korea/China/Japan tomorrow. That is the quickest route out of the country. Latin America is not that great for jobs. There are very few of them around.
If you are bothered by your last name, well, find out about how you can change it at the local county court house.

And by quoting your quotes

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.� -

"The first step towards getting somewhere... is deciding that you are not going to stay where you are."

I think it is high time you would put these into practice.

Get onto http://www.eslcafe.com and check out Korean jobs board. But Korea requires an FBI clearance and too much paperwork. You may also check out

http://www.rong-chang.com

scroll down to " esl jobs"

And just do a google search with the following words:

"ESL Teacher Teaching Job China/Korea/Japan/Taiwan"

Prepare a resume that shows any kind of teaching/training/tutoring/international work.

And a quote from the Running Man - Arnold 's best and most inspiring movie should finish this advice:

It's time to start running!

My favorite theme that would awake me from stupor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XhHqyYW ... re=related
Last edited by ladislav on May 26th, 2011, 11:26 am, edited 4 times in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow check out where LogicJunkie's roots are in Asturias, Spain. Here is a video he showed me of it. The scenery and architecture are very beautiful and cultured. And the music in this slide show is so spiritual too.

Also here is a video of him talking about how burned out he is with life in America. I'm sure we can all relate to it. He must have a lot of courage, or steam to blow off, to say these kinds of things that other people would never dare say in public.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out the description for LogicJunkie's book "Thou Shalt Not Think", which I've added to my Amazon bookstore. It's funny, witty and reflects our wavelength here. I think LogicJunkie himself probably wrote it. This part is so so true: "thinking - true thinking - is reviled, and that all those who even attempt to truly practice it are criminals in the eyes of "decent" society."

http://astore.amazon.com/religion-spiri ... 1421899116

Product Description

Every once in awhile, there comes a book of such incomparable grace and gentility - a book which proclaims and celebrates the divine, innate perfection in every single human being and the unquestionable supremacy of the human condition with such overflowing praise and devotion - that it makes its readers fall in mad, boundless love with themselves all over again. Well, this isn't that book. No, this book is a bitch-slap. for the whole damn human race. THOU SHALT NOT THINK: The Brutally Frank Guide to Life is the book which takes a bold, uncompromising stand and admits what few today will admit: that thinking - true thinking - is reviled, and that all those who even attempt to truly practice it are criminals in the eyes of "decent" society. In a wholly unholy manner, THOU SHALT NOT THINK combines a profound sense of philosophical outrage and extreme psychological disturbance with a light-hearted and, most likely, completely inappropriate sort of gallows humor. Inspired by such chapter titles as "The Most Insidious Kink: The Bondage of Religion" and "The Completely Rotten, Low-life Bastards of the Mental 'Health' Industry", voodoo priests, soccer moms, and other militant, jittery addicts of the sadistic status quo everywhere will clamor en masse for its total and utter destruction, armed with pitchforks and torches in hand. If you've ever secretly hungered for a book that tells it like it is, THOU SHALT NOT THINK is for you. If you've ever felt privately and painfully alone in a world of nightmarish stupidity, THOU SHALT NOT THINK is for you. If you've ever yearned for a book that might at least present options for survival in the face of such horrible odds, THOU SHALT NOT THINK is for you. .But if none of these things applies to you, THOU SHALT NOT THINK is most definitely not for you. Try another damn Sudoku book instead.

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

TheLogicJunkie wrote: 1. Although my family could potentially foot the bill for sending me out of the country, it's not an imposition I'm very comfortable with asking them for, UNLESS I had some kind of good indication from somewhere overseas that there might be a job there for me, or that the job market would be somewhat strongly amenable to me. So far, however, I've tried the nations of Spain, France, and Italy, and I'm even registered with a UK job site that sends me notifications about once a week, but nothing so far.
2. I've not tried Argentina yet, and I'm severely creeped out by Mexico, what with I've been told from people who've actually lived there, and with all the drug gang violence and decapitations and all that.
3. I do have a passport, yes, but I've not been to Mexico. I have had one person who lived in Cuernavaca tell me that it's beautiful there, but that was a few years ago.
I am more than willing to leave the country, but I'm strongly hesitant to leave if there's nothing already there lined up for me. And, yes, at some point I might just have to say "to hell with it" and just go regardless, but I'm not sure that would work out -- unless that's how it has to be done, and then I guess it would actually be the right course of action.

Are you willing to step outside of your comfort zone and go visit Mexico?
TheLogicJunkie
Freshman Poster

Post by TheLogicJunkie »

Okay, folks, here is a classic example of what I was just talking about

A year or so ago, I put my resume on a couple of these technology job search websites and, on one or more of them, I used the fake name "Rion Valenti". But on others I decided to try using "Rion Gentry". (I chose Rion Gentry because it uses the same first letters of my real name, which is not "David Jack" -- that's just my pen name.)

Anyhow, a few days ago I got an unsolicited email from an employee named "Cliff Chang" of a legitimate staffing agency in New York City, and he addressed me by only the first name "Rion". He specified that he had an employer (which he later revealed was Citigroup in Tampa, Florida), which was looking for someone with a bachelor's degree from a prestigious university to train as an analyst, and that he needed me to email him my resume.

Well, the problem is that since he didn't address me by my fake last name as well, I couldn't tell which fake last name I had used on whatever website he had found my name on. So I emailed him my "Rion Valenti" resume, and then the next day he asked AGAIN for me to send my resume -- as if I hadn't sent it yet. So I told him that I HAD sent it already, and re-sent the "Rion Valenti" resume.

Well, for the second day in a row, he had said he was going to call me, but he didn't (and my phone number was on the resume, AND I included it in my response email). So at this point, the only thing I can figure is that he found my "Rion Gentry" name, contacted me off of THAT, and when he saw "Rion Valenti" on the top of my response resume, the first time he didn't know what it meant, and the second time he saw a name from an ethnicity that he (or his employer, Citigroup) wanted no part of -- namely, Italian.

And this isn't the first time that I've gotten this kind of Jekyll-and-Hyde response upon submitting either my real Spanish surname OR this Italian surname, "Valenti".

So while I'm sure that the ever-present defenders of the status quo will immediately dismiss my interpretation of these kind of events as "whining paranoia", I'm pretty much convinced at this point that there can be no ethnic leeway whatsoever when it comes to getting real jobs of real importance in America.

odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Winston mentioned your point before on this topic
viewtopic.php?t=10242

In my opinion you're correct, and this underlying racism/germanic supremacist movement has affected many lifes. But it isn't as encompassing as it was in previous generations and it's far from the only factor at play. There are a lot of contradictions. For example if you're a certain type of white guy, a certain type of black guy, a certain type of asian guy, you're a stud, regardless of your qualities. But if you're a black guy from Africa, or you're Portuguese or a Slavic guy, or you're an Asian guy from Mongolia, well.. who the f**k are you!? You're worse than worthless in this society.

To this day America is still very racist, but it seems that contrary to before when there were clear benefactors and clear victims of racism, now nearly everyone faces hurdles and certain limits based only on their ethnicity.
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

Uuh no fans here Mark, this isn't a comic-con convention..... so take a hike
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Lee Iacocca did well.

Mayor Guiliani was OK.

Richard Grasso was the chief executive and chairman of the New York Stock Exchange.

The former CEO of Lenovo Group was an Italian-American by the name of William J. Amelio