Manny Pacquiao - A prime example of why PI is so f***ed up

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Manny Pacquiao - A prime example of why PI is so f***ed up

Post by Mr S »

http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2011/0 ... ilippines/

Manny Pacquiao wants to ban condoms in the Philippines

Rick Chandler May 23, 2011, 10:06 AM EDT

So Manny Pacquiao is afraid of needles and condoms? Pac Man has been a politician for exactly a year now, so he figured it was high time he did something controversial. He now respectfully asks that you throw away your condoms. He says that it’s a sin to use them, and is joining with the Catholic Church in backing the opposition to a bill in the Philippines that would mandate government support for contraceptives. Pacquiao was elected in May, 2010 to the House of Representatives.

“God said, ‘Go out and multiply.’ He did not say, just have two or three kids,� Pacquiao said.

“It’s sinful to use condoms and commit abortion,� he said and when questioned about overpopulation said “my parents were poor… they had four children, it was very difficult but we persevered.�

Or, as it says in the bible: Sex without condoms: what could possibly go wrong?

In my opinion it’s a greater sin not to fight Floyd Mayweather.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: A prime example of why PI is so f***ed up...

Post by OutWest »

Mr S wrote:http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2011/0 ... ilippines/

Manny Pacquiao wants to ban condoms in the Philippines

Rick Chandler May 23, 2011, 10:06 AM EDT

So Manny Pacquiao is afraid of needles and condoms? Pac Man has been a politician for exactly a year now, so he figured it was high time he did something controversial. He now respectfully asks that you throw away your condoms. He says that it’s a sin to use them, and is joining with the Catholic Church in backing the opposition to a bill in the Philippines that would mandate government support for contraceptives. Pacquiao was elected in May, 2010 to the House of Representatives.

“God said, ‘Go out and multiply.’ He did not say, just have two or three kids,� Pacquiao said.

“It’s sinful to use condoms and commit abortion,� he said and when questioned about overpopulation said “my parents were poor… they had four children, it was very difficult but we persevered.�

Or, as it says in the bible: Sex without condoms: what could possibly go wrong?

In my opinion it’s a greater sin not to fight Floyd Mayweather.

Quite right..politics in the Philippines is totally LOONY. Totally unqualified celebrity types get voted in...average voter
has absolutely no reasoning ability related to voting. If you read the history of the Catholic Church in the Philippines,
it explains a lot. Much of the Philippines was run as Vatican Plantation until Pershing put an end to that with some
signatures on paper and the US Army. The Church never forgave the USA and agitated for independence
from the USA under the guise of nationalism, and once they had it, the looters went right to work again
in ways that never would have been permitted under a US governor.

Cardinal Sin (that was his name, no joke...) was a buddy to the moneyed families...his birthday parties
saw the likes of Imelda Marcos, looting murderous queen bitch of the country, in attendance.

Politics? The Philippines is an asylum.

Outwest
Misamis Oriental, Mindanao
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

No wonder I got so much bareback sex out there. Does anybody want me to post my Hollywoods on this thread too?

*H.A. members shout, "Helllll no! NO MORE FATTIES*
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Another reason to seriously consider Thailand. Buddhism is so much more logical and sane.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Mr S,
I thought you told me that Manny Pacquiao was part owner of LA Cafe, or Manila Bay, that pickup place with hundreds of sex freelancers? If he is a religious nut, then why would he be owner of a huge sex freelancer bar?

Why does he think he knows what God says? Just because something is written in a book or text does not make it God's word. I could say that the Koran says you won't go to heaven if you don't believe in Allah, but would that make it true?

People never think.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

MrPeabody wrote:Another reason to seriously consider Thailand. Buddhism is so much more logical and sane.
Agreed. And since the Thai language has, what I believe to be 67 characters, in its alphabet, and that it's alphabet is not Roman,
then it has been an arduous time for feminists to westernize the piss out of Thailand although there is a myriad of English-speaking
people over there.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

MrPeabody wrote:Another reason to seriously consider Thailand. Buddhism is so much more logical and sane.
Hmmm...you are in Thailand now? I am not a Thailand expert, but spent in all perhaps a year there most
in the north around Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai..

Thailand is more logical and sane? It does not seem that way to me...just loony in different aspects
and dimensions. Thailand is certainly safer, but also has its own loony-bin craziness, and generally
are less hospitable than Filipinos.

Outwest
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Winston wrote:Mr S,
I thought you told me that Manny Pacquiao was part owner of LA Cafe, or Manila Bay, that pickup place with hundreds of sex freelancers? If he is a religious nut, then why would he be owner of a huge sex freelancer bar?

Why does he think he knows what God says? Just because something is written in a book or text does not make it God's word. I could say that the Koran says you won't go to heaven if you don't believe in Allah, but would that make it true?

People never think.
You answered your own question. He is an uneducated boxer with millions. So other people are being paid to think for him and he also has people in his own circle who are probably manipulators as well. Do you think Manny really knows what goes on at Manila bay? I doubt it. To him it is just another popular pro Filipino Western bar which supports him and where he can invest some of his money. Go there and look on the walls, on the bottom floor sometime and you'll see his image and signature everywhere.

BTW, he is not an "owner" but a shareholder. They changed the ownership around so that it's a public owned property now. That way it's more difficult for idiots like Mayor Lim to target specific owners for a shake and shutdown.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Hah. Not even close. Filipinos are much more related and by default relateable to westerners.
Thais are completely different in many ways and their culture in some aspects is more akin to the Japanese (minus the intellectualism, discipline, and work ethic) than it is to western sensibilities.
rome86
Freshman Poster

Post by rome86 »

repatriate what do you mean ? thai look more japanese how ?
hello
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

@rome86,

If anything, Thai's look like a perfect mix of Indo-Chinese (i.e. Sri Lankan and Cantonese) type of mixture.

- E. Irizarry (2009)

- E. Irizarry (2012)

rome86
Freshman Poster

Post by rome86 »

irizarry ohh i see i was talking more of culture ... so thai are proud like japanese this kind of thing
hello
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

rome86 wrote:repatriate what do you mean ? thai look more japanese how ?
Silent, taciturn, insincere smiles- mouths smiling, eyes are not, never showing what they are thinking, frozen expressionless stone-like robotic faces, hearts that do not seem to feel, eyes that do not wonder around ( no peripheral vision)and observe the world, no eye contact with strangers, scared of other races and very nationalistic.

Thais prefer other Orientals to white people and seem to have a Pan-Asianist thinking - they are under the illusion that they are the leaders of Asia against Western imperialism. The Japanese, otoh, treat other Oriental people with colonial superiority and seem to like to entertain Westerners better. As a rule.

Filipinos may often act in emotional and illogical ways but the bond between them and Western people is so natural. So many things to "hook onto". With the Thais, there are very few things you may have in common. Also, Buddhism has given way to unbridled materialism.

You want to meet true Buddhists- go to Myanmar.
Last edited by ladislav on May 29th, 2011, 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

rome86 wrote:repatriate what do you mean ? thai look more japanese how ?
Probably since Thailand like Japan was never colonized they never picked up the Western/Christian cultural norms. I agree with Repatriate because of first Spain and the Church then the US and the schools being based on English the Philippines is the most natural fit for Americans. More so the French and less dominating Catholic Church affecting the Cambodians or Vietnamese. The Dutch and Islam in Indonesia, or Korea pretty much being cutoff except for Japanese influence until WWII.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

ladislav wrote:

Thais prefer other Orientals to white people and seem to have a Pan-Asianist thinking - they are under the illusion that they are the leaders of Asia against Western imperialism. The Japanese, otoh, treat other Oriental people with colonial superiority and seem to like to entertain Westerners better. As a rule.
I don't think they are very sincere about pan-asianism though. Remember I am asian and most of my interaction with them is from that perspective. I find that Thais are very...Thaicentric in their worldview. Which means they see everything from a very narrow life experience and have a hard time seeing things from any other perspective. The ignorance is magnified because of the atrocious education system and lack of general english ability.

The only thing I can compare it to is how some midwesterners or southerners surround themselves with college football, small town republican politics, and Jesus. In Thailand it's kind of like except with all things culturally Thai. It's a bubble. They act puzzled if you can't speak Thai and have a hard time understanding that not all asians are Thai and not all asians are from Asia. I get the "But you looka like Thai!" often if I have to interact with regular Thais.

Like I said they are like Japanese in quite a few ways minus the productivity and intelligent aspects.

With that being said Thais do tend to leave you alone if you want to do your own thing. It's also possible to meet some nice laid back intelligent thais too because social networking here isn't all that difficult. Thais born or those who have been to school overseas are great to hang out with.

You also do run into fuckwits and the spoiled children of the rich but those people are easy to side step.