A second look at Russian women

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
Linc4Love
Freshman Poster

A second look at Russian women

Post by Linc4Love »

Lo all,

Been a while since I visited this forum, I didn't really have much to contribute or say till now. :D

I've been Skyping with a new Russian penpal who is, for lack of a better term, smokin' hotter than a thousand suns. As in, I'd hit it so hard whoever pulled me out would be the next king of England. :D

But what surprised me was her warm demeanor. I expected her to be cold and analytical, and while she did have a Spock side that even she makes fun of, she also had a warm glow about her. I was very surprised, especially as an Italian to find myself having more in common with a Russian woman than I thought possible.

We're just friends now and thus have no delusions of grandeur, but it did make me wonder about the possibility of visiting Russia, should our friendship turn into something more.

She works for Beeline, which I understand is like their equivalent of Verizon, but despite a good income, I doubt it's enough to get a tourist visa approved. I had no idea just how tough it was just to get a normal visa to visit America too. Has anyone ever met a girl from Russia this way, or did everyone pretty much have to go abroad?

I also read the Ukraine was a convenient meeting point because it doesn't require visas from either country. That actually sounds more of a likely solution then going into a country that may be getting more hostile to American tourists in recent times (or maybe not, I dunno.)

Still, it's nice to have someone to chat with to help pass the time at work.

8)

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

Yep, you will be amazed. Many of those girls over there have unique character, some of them are sweet, some naive, some shy, some are bitchy etc... American girls seem to be a clone of one another, they can be less bitchy or more bitchy, fat or workout freaks... Not much choice uh?

Beeline is typical workplace for people over there, it's one of the major GSM operators in Russia. It depends who she is, if she is just working in retail store - she is making around 500-600 bucks a month at best. If she is a manager or supervisor of some sort, she could be making near $1,000 a month. Yes, tourist visa or guest visa is close to impossible to get. Ukraine is in fact an amazing thought because it is cheap and easy to access. You will get 90 day no-visa entry in Ukraine upon arrival, plenty of time to chill. I would say go to Kiev, it is most developed and beautiful actually, but not cheapest city of course.
Kapinga626
Freshman Poster

Post by Kapinga626 »

Hey Link -
I'm one of the guys who went to Russia . I met & dated a Russian woman from Tver via Baku Azerbaijan .
We eventually married in Tver . I wanted to take her to Greece for our honeymoon , but she couldn't because of the Visa issue .
Egypt and I think Turkey were the only two countries she could visit , so we honeymooned in Sochi , Russia , which is known as the Russian riviera .

Our marriage lasted nine years - then divorce .
I believe that our culture here influenced her in the worst way , and in the end , she reminded me of the American women that I was trying to get away from all along .

I still like Russian women , but their divorce rate is almost as high as our own , so I won't be going back .

But you sound happy , and like you're on the right track .
Where is she from in Russia ?
Anyway , good luck to you , and take care .
" I rang'd the world , I cross'd the seas,
in hopes my restless breast to ease,
By pleasures yet unknown :

To all amusements I have run ,
that's found beneath the daily sun;
Till weary I have grown . "

- Samuel Patterson a poor , lowly sailor circa 1800's
Linc4Love
Freshman Poster

Post by Linc4Love »

Kapinga626 wrote:Hey Link -
Where is she from in Russia ?
Anyway , good luck to you , and take care .
Yeah no matter what, it's a risk. Really sucks that it didn't work out for you.

She lives in the suburbs of Moscow, and is part Ukrainian, Mongolian and Romanian from her father's side and part Russian/Mordovian (a republic in Russia) on her mother's side. Weird mix, I always assumed they were all just straight up Russian.

As an Italian, I didn't think I could relate to a Russian's more subdued personality, since I'm all about passion and fire and good eating, but it was surprising to see us jive so well. I guess it really does depend on the person.

Let's see if we're still talking a year from now though. :mrgreen:
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: A second look at Russian women

Post by ladislav »

into a country that may be getting more hostile to American tourists in recent times (or maybe not, I dunno.)
Well, since you are Italian- a EU national, this should not apply to you.

:twisted:
Weird mix, I always assumed they were all just straight up Russian.
Not all of them, just most of them. Same as in most countries. Even in Italy, Germany and China they have people who are mixed. But most people there are not.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Linc4Love
Freshman Poster

Post by Linc4Love »

ladislav wrote:
into a country that may be getting more hostile to American tourists in recent times (or maybe not, I dunno.)

No actually I'm Italian American, native of New York. :mrgreen:
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Linc4Love wrote:
ladislav wrote:

"Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy" in a Fonzie voice.

"Heyyyy Linc you cocksockin' gumba you, what's up? Welcome to Happier Abroad. Yo baby you go to JFK and pick up the Ruskie hottie in my Camaro I-Roc-Z.
Bring her fuckin' ass back here, will ya?? And we run a PATH train on her, ay? Then ask her if she can make sauce with spaghetti, ayyyyyyy? Hurry up, you wheaties-eating panzie."
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Linc4Love
Freshman Poster

Post by Linc4Love »

E_Irizarry wrote:
Linc4Love wrote:
ladislav wrote:

"Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy" in a Fonzie voice.

"Heyyyy Linc you cocksockin' gumba you, what's up? Welcome to Happier Abroad. Yo baby you go to JFK and pick up the Ruskie hottie in my Camaro I-Roc-Z.
Bring her fuckin' ass back here, will ya?? And we run a PATH train on her, ay? Then ask her if she can make sauce with spaghetti, ayyyyyyy? Hurry up, you wheaties-eating panzie."
No matter how fast I run I can never seem to escape Brooklyn.

Ironically though, her favorite food is pizza. Funny shit, yo. :mrgreen:
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

No actually I'm Italian American, native of New York.
Oh I see, well then, do know that outside of the US borders you are just American. Unless you are an Italian citizenship holder who speaks Italian. That is one thing you will have to get used to when you leave. You may have spent your whole life thinking yourself Italian while you were not one to begin with.

Another thing to get used to is that the image of Russia in the US for the past 100 years or so has been negative- Russians have been portrayed ( falsely and by American actors) as sullen, dour, humorless/ emotionless people vs. that American- a relaxed, friendly person who is open and warm. With the advent of political correctness, Russia-bashing got even worse since they can no longer bash other groups as it is racist and offensive to various hyphenated Americans. Russian-Americans are too few to be a lobby plus it is not racist to make a nasty movie about them because they are white. Hence, the ugly image deeply injected into American minds.

The truth ( as usual) is the other way around. Russians are unbearably emotional, maudlin, poetic and rash people ala French /Latin. They have a Greek based civilization that is oddly both melancholic and insanely happy at the same time.

No matter how fast I run I can never seem to escape Brooklyn.
'Cause it's hard to do if you run. Flying by using international airlines is much more effective for that.
Used to live there. Got out eventually. Took me several years. But I got out. Ugly architecture, angry people. Good pizza, though.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Guys need to get it out of their minds that it is in their interest to MARRY, regardless of location. Yes, be with women, live with women, have children with women, but don't marry or you will not have an easy escape from the tide that turns.

You've been warned so live with the choices that you make.
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

"The truth ( as usual) is the other way around. Russians are unbearably emotional, maudlin, poetic and rash people"

Oh, how true this is! How many Russian parties I went to in St. Petersburg, where after a few bottles of vodka and finger-food (cucumbers, pickles, chips, etc), the guitars came out and the Russians and got teary-eyed and started reciting Pushkin by heart or singing melancholic songs like "Ochi chorniye" and Vysotskiy ballads. A little overwhelming to an American!! Oh, and don't forget the quintessential "Russian parties" that take place out of the back trunk of their cars. They do that all over Europe, too, so it's easy to spot them. I never could figure that one out.

Of course, after even MORE vodka, then the guys starting getting into arguments over stupid shit and starting brawling with each other and challenged each other to a game of soccer in their shorts and no shirts outside in the -20C temps on the ice and snow (macho posturing). Pretty amusing.
Linc4Love
Freshman Poster

Post by Linc4Love »

"The truth ( as usual) is the other way around. Russians are unbearably emotional, maudlin, poetic and rash people"
Wow, they sound positively Italian. :shock:

Works for me! :mrgreen: