Kazakhstan or the Philippines?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Kazakhstan or the Philippines?

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

After some long thinking on this subject of Studying Abroad, I have came to this decision:

I am going to go to whichever country has the best programs.

I would have said "whichever country has the best/friendliest women" but I am unsure if anyone on this forum has spent time in both Kazakhstan AND the Philippines.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

I would choose Kazakhstan because it is a hidden gem and no one goes there that much. Everyone and their mom goes to the Philippines.

No one ever said you had to choose just one. Go to one of these countries first and then visit the other. If you like one better than the other, choose it.

If I were you, I would choose Kazakhstan.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Phoenix Sosa wrote:I would choose Kazakhstan because it is a hidden gem and no one goes there that much. Everyone and their mom goes to the Philippines.

No one ever said you had to choose just one. Go to one of these countries first and then visit the other. If you like one better than the other, choose it.

I will do that:)
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Kazakhstan or the Philippines: Part 2

Post by momopi »

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:After some long thinking on this subject of Studying Abroad, I have came to this decision:
I am going to go to whichever country has the best programs.
I would have said "whichever country has the best/friendliest women" but I am unsure if anyone on this forum has spent time in both Kazakhstan AND the Philippines.
Just curious, are you looking at Loyola Marymount in Manila? Which schools in Kazakhstan are you looking into?
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I will do that:)
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Saturn
Freshman Poster

Post by Saturn »

Sorry to hijack your thread Hero_of_Men (cool Dark Link avatar btw. Smash fan here) but I saw 'Kazakhstan' and had to post.

I think Kazakh women are the most beautiful in the world and have thought this for a few years, but I can never find anything about their values and if they hold family in the same regard that Filipinas do.

Anyone have any experience?
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I don't think it is as good as the Philippines but also, not so bad. Families are big and extended. So, I guess a wife is a wife there. But do keep in mind that it is not a former US colony with many women who dream of an Americano. There, you would most probably need to make inroads into the culture and see how things go.
I have not heard of anyone who got disappointed with Kz so far.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

ladislav wrote:I don't think it is as good as the Philippines but also, not so bad. Families are big and extended. So, I guess a wife is a wife there. But do keep in mind that it is not a former US colony with many women who dream of an Americano. There, you would most probably need to make inroads into the culture and see how things go.
I have not heard of anyone who got disappointed with Kz so far.
Sorry to hijack your thread Hero_of_Men (cool Dark Link avatar btw. Smash fan here) but I saw 'Kazakhstan' and had to post.

I think Kazakh women are the most beautiful in the world and have thought this for a few years, but I can never find anything about their values and if they hold family in the same regard that Filipinas do.

Anyone have any experience?
I want to go to Kazakhstan. I heard that the Philippines is chock full of scammers. On the site DateinAsia, I have encountered several scammers. Is it more likely to find a scammer in the Philippines or in Kazakhstan?
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

So far, I have not heard any reports of scamming coming from Kz.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What are the negatives or downsides of Kazakhstan? Or Kyrgyzstan?

Do you need a visa to go there? If so, how do you get one?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

The negatives is little English and no particular structure to accommodate a Westerner as in the Philippines. No America worship. Russian is the lingua franka.

A lot harder and more bureaucratic to get visas, resident permits etc and it is not done in English.

No large contingent of poor girls with an American dream- to marry an American, go to the States, earn dollars and help family. Not sure if this is a negative.

The Philippines is ready to welcome any dude who comes in without him having to adjust to the local culture. He will feel like a colonial overlord ( as long as his visa lasts and he is spending his dollars). Not in Kazakhstan. If you are white, people will just think you are Russian.

Visas? One of these has a visa free entry at least. The other should be fairly easy to get visas into.