About my personal battle with Christianity...

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MrPeabody wrote: I revise my model of the world according to the evidence. For example, I have studied some of the conspiracy literature to the extent that I realized what a swamp it is, a swamp someone may never get out of. I also first heard of the Illuminati in the 1960s (probably before you were even born) because I grew up in a conservative small town and this theory was propagated by the John Birch Society. I listened to the 78 album set lying out the entire theory several times before I was even ten.

Have you considered that you are not really a truth seeker? I find your posts to be bombastic and using formulaic phrases and code words familiar to the conspiracy literature. I don't see anything organic or original in your writing.

Relate one real experience that you have with the subject matter, as opposed to something you have read? For example, has a member of the Illuminati every directly harmed you? Do you have any direct experience that doesn't come from a YouTube video or a website? Do you have personal knowledge of a conspiracy? Are you a direct witness to any conspiracy? Has David Rockefeller ever been rude to you? Anything?

The reason I challenge you here is because you hijacked this thread which was on a different subject. I have zero objections to people discussing theses subjects in the appropriate place of the forum. Thus, in that sense I am open-minded to the subject matter. I think people should be allowed to discuss these subjects as well as be able to discuss other subjects and not have this forced on them and told they are stupid when they complain.

I also think it is an enormous time waster and will not make people happier abroad. In fact, it will convince them they have no control of their lives and the world is an overwelmingly dangerous place - better to stay in mom's basement.
You are cherry picking the weakest part of conspiracies. Conspiracies are not limited to some weird paranoid ideas spouted by John Birch. Sure there is a lot of weird stuff out there. But that doesn't mean that all conspiracies are false. Be specific in what you're referring to, rather than lumping them all together and oversimplifying them.

Like Momopi and wise Chinese people say, "Everything in moderation". Sure conspiracies can be a waste of time if they are all you study and you don't do anything else with your life. Anything can be a waste of time if you overdue it and don't balance it with other areas of life, such as exercise, health, learning other subjects, developing skills to become independent, etc.

But the point is, conspiracies are a REAL part of life and history and reality. So a truth seeker ought to know something about them. Truth is something each of us has to find for himself.

Yes, technically, odbo IS a truth seeker. Even if he's wrong, still, he SEEKS THE TRUTH, outside of conventional parameters, and that makes him a truth seeker, technically speaking, even if he's not right about everything. Who is?

Can you prove that your beliefs are more fact based than his?

What about the hard evidence proving conspiracies? Such as the proven connection between the CIA and drug smuggling? Or the declassified info that FDR knew about Pearl Harbor before it happened and let it happen so that the US can enter WWII? Or the fact that no one can replicate Lee Harvey Oswald's feat under the same conditions (See Jesse Ventura's Conspiracy Theory episode on JFK where Jesse attempts to replicate the feat under the same conditions and fails, even though Jesse is rated as an expert marksman). How do you explain that?

Let's DISCUSS EVIDENCE please, and not generalize all conspiracies as crazy.

What about the fact that modern photo-imaging technology has proven conclusively that SOME of the moon landing videos and photos were faked and altered? I can name several photo experts who have concluded this. It's been proven. The only question is WHY NASA would fake photos and videos of the moon missions. There are so many unanswered questions about this conspiracy subject.

How do you explain that?

The Fox TV Special "Did we land on the moon" which aired in 2001, makes a lot of compelling points and evidence suggesting that the moon missions were faked, which NASA HAS NOT explained and which Apollo defenders have muddled with pseudo-techno-babble. You can watch it here. It's only 45 minutes and is very convincing and well done. See it for yourself here.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 1561633304#

I challenge you to discuss real evidence here. Please discuss SPECIFIC EVIDENCE please, and not lump all conspiracy ideas into one category and call it a "kooky waste of time" and dismiss it all with the wave of an ignorant hand. That is insulting to our intelligence.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Re: About my personal battle with Christianity...

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

Jackal wrote:Getting back to the OP...
The_Hero_of_Men wrote:I have realized that Christianity is bogus, years ago, but I still struggle with it, like a spiritual/personal version of Mortal Kombat... There is just too much self-contradicting crap there! Like I said earlier, I only go to church to keep everyone off of my back. A smart man knows how to pick his battles. That is why I have not openly declared my intentions to ANYONE that I know. I know that those people can be afraid of those who think for themselves. Am I correct or not? What do you guys think? I am writing this because I need some kind of support from you guys.
Well, I can't tell you which religion/philosophy is best for you, but something else you should consider is that not all Christians in the world are like the hostile, hypocritical, overly-political American Christians. I am a Buddhist, but I rather like Eastern Orthodox churches, because they seem more mystical, spiritual, and well, more eastern (lol) than other types of churches.

Is there anything wrong with you becoming disgusted with the Christians in America? No. If religious/philosophical questions bother you, then the logical thing to do is to read about as many of the world's religions as you can and also read the thoughts of intelligent atheists/agnostics like Richard Dawkins and Einstein, and see which one suits you the best.

If you want a quick antidote to Christianity, just read the Tao Te Ching once. Even if you don't end up agreeing with Taoism, its verses are very short, clear, and beautiful with a typically Chinese feel and are refreshing like drinking pure water from a mountain spring.
http://academic.brooklyn.cuny.edu/core9 ... te-v3.html

I could easily picture Link reading a verse or two of the Tao The Ching at night by the camp fire before he goes to sleep. And yeah, there's nothing wrong with playing Zelda or any other video game in your free time as long as it doesn't take over your life and keep you from doing important stuff. Everybody needs a mental break occasionally.

I was a bit nervous in the weeks before I first came to Hungary and I played some Diablo II. I still play Diablo II occasionally when I want a mental break. I'm eagerly awaiting Diablo III and I am hoping that there will be a version with Hungarian audio, so I can learn stuff at the same time. Speaking of which, playing games in a language that you want to learn can be quite educational. Many, many games exist with Spanish, German, or Russian audio. Unfortunately for me, few games are sold here with Hungarian audio (most just have Hungarian subtitles).

I think that the original Zelda game for the NES is close to a perfect video game. If one believes that video games are an art form, then at least one of the Zelda games shows that art form at its best.
Thank you for your vote of confidence, sir. But I must beg to differ on one thing: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii Virtual Console, and the upcoming 3DS re-make) is the best. In any case, I am only just playing along with Christianity until such time where I can break out for good. Don't worry, I take care of important stuff first (like my school work and such).
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Winston wrote:
MrPeabody wrote: I revise my model of the world according to the evidence. For example, I have studied some of the conspiracy literature to the extent that I realized what a swamp it is, a swamp someone may never get out of. I also first heard of the Illuminati in the 1960s (probably before you were even born) because I grew up in a conservative small town and this theory was propagated by the John Birch Society. I listened to the 78 album set lying out the entire theory several times before I was even ten.

Have you considered that you are not really a truth seeker? I find your posts to be bombastic and using formulaic phrases and code words familiar to the conspiracy literature. I don't see anything organic or original in your writing.

Relate one real experience that you have with the subject matter, as opposed to something you have read? For example, has a member of the Illuminati every directly harmed you? Do you have any direct experience that doesn't come from a YouTube video or a website? Do you have personal knowledge of a conspiracy? Are you a direct witness to any conspiracy? Has David Rockefeller ever been rude to you? Anything?

The reason I challenge you here is because you hijacked this thread which was on a different subject. I have zero objections to people discussing theses subjects in the appropriate place of the forum. Thus, in that sense I am open-minded to the subject matter. I think people should be allowed to discuss these subjects as well as be able to discuss other subjects and not have this forced on them and told they are stupid when they complain.

I also think it is an enormous time waster and will not make people happier abroad. In fact, it will convince them they have no control of their lives and the world is an overwelmingly dangerous place - better to stay in mom's basement.
You are cherry picking the weakest part of conspiracies. Conspiracies are not limited to some weird paranoid ideas spouted by John Birch. Sure there is a lot of weird stuff out there. But that doesn't mean that all conspiracies are false. Be specific in what you're referring to, rather than lumping them all together and oversimplifying them.

Like Momopi and wise Chinese people say, "Everything in moderation". Sure conspiracies can be a waste of time if they are all you study and you don't do anything else with your life. Anything can be a waste of time if you overdue it and don't balance it with other areas of life, such as exercise, health, learning other subjects, developing skills to become independent, etc.

But the point is, conspiracies are a REAL part of life and history and reality. So a truth seeker ought to know something about them. Truth is something each of us has to find for himself.

Yes, technically, odbo IS a truth seeker. Even if he's wrong, still, he SEEKS THE TRUTH, outside of conventional parameters, and that makes him a truth seeker, technically speaking, even if he's not right about everything. Who is?

Can you prove that your beliefs are more fact based than his?

What about the hard evidence proving conspiracies? Such as the proven connection between the CIA and drug smuggling? Or the declassified info that FDR knew about Pearl Harbor before it happened and let it happen so that the US can enter WWII? Or the fact that no one can replicate Lee Harvey Oswald's feat under the same conditions (See Jesse Ventura's Conspiracy Theory episode on JFK where Jesse attempts to replicate the feat under the same conditions and fails, even though Jesse is rated as an expert marksman). How do you explain that?

Let's DISCUSS EVIDENCE please, and not generalize all conspiracies as crazy.

What about the fact that modern photo-imaging technology has proven conclusively that SOME of the moon landing videos and photos were faked and altered? I can name several photo experts who have concluded this. It's been proven. The only question is WHY NASA would fake photos and videos of the moon missions. There are so many unanswered questions about this conspiracy subject.

How do you explain that?

The Fox TV Special "Did we land on the moon" which aired in 2001, makes a lot of compelling points and evidence suggesting that the moon missions were faked, which NASA HAS NOT explained and which Apollo defenders have muddled with pseudo-techno-babble. You can watch it here. It's only 45 minutes and is very convincing and well done. See it for yourself here.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 1561633304#

I challenge you to discuss real evidence here. Please discuss SPECIFIC EVIDENCE please, and not lump all conspiracy ideas into one category and call it a "kooky waste of time" and dismiss it all with the wave of an ignorant hand. That is insulting to our intelligence.
I agree with your call for balance. That’s exactly my point. Men get sucked into this conspiracy theory world and it absorbs their entire life. Thanks to the Internet, enough nonsense has been generated to fill ten Vatican libraries. Start reading this stuff and you will not have time for anything else. At least if you go to a movie, you know it will be finished in two hours.

As for facts, first of all, the burden of proof is on the conspiracy theorist to come up with the facts. And they never have been able to come up with anything convincing enough to reopen an investigation even on the big ones like the Kennedy Assassination and 9/11. The history channel did a convincing refutation of the moon landing hoax. Also, as a personal note, I worked for NASA at one point in my career, so have personal knowledge of their technical capabilities. Noam Chomsky, who has been a long term critic of US foreign policy, has come out publicly that he doesn’t believe 9/11 was an inside job. He is a real critic who comes up with real information instead of fantasy. His position is that whoever controls the world has to eventually use the public institutions to implement their policies, and that generates documents, many of which are available with the Freedom of Information Act. Chomsky has generated more than enough documented examples of horrible government conduct to keep real reformers busy for quite a while.

You have done excellent analysis describing the social isolation of the American culture, and I think adding an analysis of this conspiracy theory trend would be an excellent addition, instead of getting caught up in it.

Here are some possible themes:

High-school cliques forming on the Internet where members manufacture conspiracy theories as knowledge to make them feel special and others inferior. Is conspiracy theory the Internet version of the boy getting a secret decoder ring in a box of cracker jacks?

Boys going into conspiracy theory because of the imbalance created in their lives of not having a girlfriend. Is this an unhealthy negative reaction to feminism? Is a woman necessary to pull men out of this imbalance? Do men and women need each other to be balanced?

Con artists making a professional living selling DVDs and books, creating a competitive industry where one has to make more and more outrageous claims and manufacture more conspiracies in order to keep in business. Is CT the new entertainment?

The history of paranoia in America. How the past has come into the present. The reworking of old cold war conspiracy theories (such as the Illuminati) to market them to an Internet audience.

I look at the road to being happier abroad, as a road full of pot holes. CT is one gigantic pothole. Actually, I like to see it as a swamp. I find that people who are successful focus on their goals and cut out the nonsense.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Mr Peabody please don't assume everything. I played video games from the age of 4. I watched professional sports for a couple years. I know what they're about so I can judge on those things.

The burden should not be on the "conspiracy theorist" to come up with the facts, the burden should be on those feeding you bullshit to prove themselves. But you never demand it. "Oh okay, so we're nothing but matter? And there is no god? I heard it in school, I guess it must be true!!"

You start off from a faulty foundation if you pretend like 9/11 was almost certainly done by arab terrorists. The evidence "conspiracy theories" present will never be enough to sway you from the official fairy-tale presented by the media if you give them undue credibility and view their script as reality. Even assuming what is pushed by the media is "most likely what happened" is a big flaw in clear thinking. You have to start with a clear head and observe, not gather conclusions from the news reader. Be sceptical but open-minded, think who benefits, and understand that you may never uncover the truth with the limited information presented.

Most stories are not even worth analyzing/researching because they are made up. If anything they are made to implant you with ideas. If they want to sell the idea of inserting trackable RFID chips into people, they might have a story about a prom queen being kidnapped and killed. And soon after run a story about a family who had their 5 year old implanted, and show how worry free they are because they can track their child on google maps. And if they want people to run for swine flu vaccines, they'll create a story up about 80 people in Asia dead from it, and 1 Russian soldier on a train in Siberia collapsing from "flu like symptoms" :lol: (all of these were actual reports I watched before).

I think it's more important to UN-LEARN toxic lies you've consumed, than it is to learn new knowledge. Question everything the tv told you. Question authorized human history. Question everything! Whether 9/11 was an inside job or not.. perhaps should not make that big a difference in your life (regardless of your concern about the NWO). But accepting a lie as truth, especially a big lie, does follow you throughout your life, and sets you up for a big fall later in life. Whether that may be accepting "The Origin of Species" as fact, or viewing the Germans as evil. Your mind is like a computer that's been compromised, it might not show the signs and the virus might lie dormant for many years but it will eventually be accessed. To what ends only the script writer knows.

--
Noam Chomsky is controlled opposition and coincidentally ALSO A JESUIT. Wow! Who would of thought. Trust me it was no big loss to discover this. The guy talks endless bullshit, and is arrogant beyond belief, (but that's part of his job). He never has to prove a thing he says, and America's leftist retards (college graduates) worship him like a god.

Chomsky supports:
- man made global warming
- official story of 9/11 “Even if it were true, which is extremely unlikely, who cares?� -N.Chomsky
- Israel (unilaterally)
- communism
- fascism (according to him, if governments decide fighting global warming calls for it, then it's totally justified)

Only positive words about
- The Jesuit Order
- Zionism in general

Blames everything on
- American corporations and American imperialism
(very vaguely, like blaming Halliburton but not pin-pointing actual people like Dick Cheney)

What a great intellectual! The world should be glad to have him. He's this century's Trotsky :roll:
Last edited by odbo on June 18th, 2011, 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MrPeabody wrote: I agree with your call for balance. That’s exactly my point. Men get sucked into this conspiracy theory world and it absorbs their entire life. Thanks to the Internet, enough nonsense has been generated to fill ten Vatican libraries. Start reading this stuff and you will not have time for anything else. At least if you go to a movie, you know it will be finished in two hours.

As for facts, first of all, the burden of proof is on the conspiracy theorist to come up with the facts. And they never have been able to come up with anything convincing enough to reopen an investigation even on the big ones like the Kennedy Assassination and 9/11. The history channel did a convincing refutation of the moon landing hoax. Also, as a personal note, I worked for NASA at one point in my career, so have personal knowledge of their technical capabilities. Noam Chomsky, who has been a long term critic of US foreign policy, has come out publicly that he doesn’t believe 9/11 was an inside job. He is a real critic who comes up with real information instead of fantasy. His position is that whoever controls the world has to eventually use the public institutions to implement their policies, and that generates documents, many of which are available with the Freedom of Information Act. Chomsky has generated more than enough documented examples of horrible government conduct to keep real reformers busy for quite a while.

You have done excellent analysis describing the social isolation of the American culture, and I think adding an analysis of this conspiracy theory trend would be an excellent addition, instead of getting caught up in it.

Here are some possible themes:

High-school cliques forming on the Internet where members manufacture conspiracy theories as knowledge to make them feel special and others inferior. Is conspiracy theory the Internet version of the boy getting a secret decoder ring in a box of cracker jacks?

Boys going into conspiracy theory because of the imbalance created in their lives of not having a girlfriend. Is this an unhealthy negative reaction to feminism? Is a woman necessary to pull men out of this imbalance? Do men and women need each other to be balanced?

Con artists making a professional living selling DVDs and books, creating a competitive industry where one has to make more and more outrageous claims and manufacture more conspiracies in order to keep in business. Is CT the new entertainment?

The history of paranoia in America. How the past has come into the present. The reworking of old cold war conspiracy theories (such as the Illuminati) to market them to an Internet audience.

I look at the road to being happier abroad, as a road full of pot holes. CT is one gigantic pothole. Actually, I like to see it as a swamp. I find that people who are successful focus on their goals and cut out the nonsense.
You're doing it again. Yes I agree that there should be balance in all things, but we need to discuss the evidence separately for each issue. Conspiracies are not all true or all false. You make some errors above, demonstrating that you are not knowledgeable in conspiracies. Allow me to enlighten you a little.

There is a case to reopen the investigation on JFK but the US government won't allow it. In the late 1970's, the House Select Committee on Assassinations concluded after a thorough investigation that "President Kennedy was probably killed as a result of a conspiracy."

E. Howard Hunt made a deathbed confession to being in on it too. And you never answered my question about why expert marksman like Jesse Ventura were not able to duplicate Oswald's shooting feat under the same conditions.

I've seen refutations of the moon landing hoax. They are not very convincing and designed more to confuse than to educate. Plus they are rifled with ad hominem attacks rather than discussing the issues. They want to hammer into you that you are a nutcase if you question the moon landings.

Did you watch the 45 minute Fox Special that I linked above? Please watch and tell me what you think of the specific evidence and points in it.

The government can hide anything it wants. The Freedom of Information Act does not keep the government accountable. Remember when Bill Clinton tried to release the documents on Roswell? Well the GAO said that many of the documents were missing. Go figure.

Noam Chomsky is a highly intelligent person and a great intellectual. Yes. But he is just one person. He is no expert on 9/11. I can name you plenty of intelligent people who believe that 9/11 was an inside job. Here are the names of many credible professionals who question 9/11.

http://www.patriotsquestion911.com

Among them are airline pilots who say that the hijackers could NOT have flown those airlines the way they did. There are Nobel Prize Winners such as Dario Fo too.

See the film "Zero: An Investigation into 9/11". Watch it on YouTube and let me know what you think about the EVIDENCE. Stop waving your hand in dismissal.

Noam Chomsky is not an airline pilot or a navy top gun like Ralph Kolstad, who says that the feat the hijackers did on those airlines was impossible. Chomsky is not qualified to say how feasible the official 9/11 story is. He is not an architect or engineer either. If there was no valid evidence for a conspiracy on 9/11, then why do over a thousand architects and engineers question it? Have you considered that?

Have you seen the collapse of Building 7 by the way? It is clearly that of a controlled demolition. One of Europe's top demolition experts agreed.

Your last few sentences are ridiculous ad hominem attacks that question the motivation of conspiracy theorists. It doesn't matter whether they are losers who can't get a girlfriend or are unhappy in life. That's all besides the point. You are taking cheap shots to discredit conspiracies altogether, which is a logic fallacy.

Sure people are unhappy and use things as escape, such as conspiracy theories, eating junk food, going to the beach, etc. but that doesn't mean that junk food or the beach are false. lol :P

You're not making sense. Let's discuss the EVIDENCE please, rather than question the motivations of conspiracy theorists, which are irrelevant and sidetracking the issues.

Focus on the evidence. Watch the films I recommended above. They present valid reasons to question the official version of things.

The question is: Why do you have such a mental block and denial of this whole thing?
Last edited by Winston on June 18th, 2011, 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Winston you're always posting the worst videos. No wonder no one watches the awesome videos I link and simply assume they're nonsense.
You're discrediting the movement! But then again, I already found out you're illuminati scum, you filthy gate-keeper!

My videos = truth in a short clip
Your videos = talk talk talk. Great cure for insomnia
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

odbo wrote:Winston you're always posting the worst videos. No wonder no one watches the awesome videos I link and simply assume they're nonsense.
You're discrediting the movement! But then again, I already found out you're illuminati scum, you filthy gate-keeper!

My videos = truth in a short clip
Your videos = talk talk talk. Great cure for insomnia
Which videos are you referring to that I'm posting? And why are they bad? All the ones I recommended are GREAT FILMS, top notch. I would never waste my time watching or recommending bad films. Have some respect for my distinguishing taste please.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is my new essay debunking Christianity, by the way.

Christianity's Irresolvable Problems, Circular Reasoning and Lack of Foundational Basis

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/Christian_Problems.htm

Use these arguments and questions on Christians, and watch them fold. hahaha

The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

Winston wrote:Here is my new essay debunking Christianity, by the way.

Christianity's Irresolvable Problems, Circular Reasoning and Lack of Foundational Basis

While you may be right, there are some Christians that I am close to (excluding my family), and I would not do that to them. Anyone else is fair game :)
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
Heart of Shadows
Freshman Poster

Post by Heart of Shadows »

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:
Winston wrote:Here is my new essay debunking Christianity, by the way.

While you may be right, there are some Christians that I am close to (excluding my family), and I would not do that to them. Anyone else is fair game :)
Guess I'm not as nice as you.
I've had them shoving that garbage so much in my face that I break out the logic and then they go all christian on me but then again they use faith over logic so its not about being nice more so that you know they already given up the ability of reason.

"It is a sign of creeping inner death when we can no longer praise the living."
Eric Hoffer

"If human beings were shown what they're really like, they'd either kill one another as vermin, or hang themselves."
Aldous Huxley
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Heart of Shadows wrote:Image
Simpleton logic, confirmation bias. What our 5 senses can't detect doesn't exist. Those years of school have served you well! Go play with your fellow atheist retards. You and "bible thumping" Christians in America are two sides of the same coin. Religion by definition of the word, is supposed to lock you in. Atheism is a religion.
You could have a thousand beliefs, but to specifically say that you're atheist is proof you're an unthinking moron who's been following popular ideas. Oh sorry that might hurt your ego, let me rephrase that. You came to that conclusion all on your own, you're a pioneer and not a sheep! And you're off the the library for some Richard Dawkins!

http://mcbrolloks.files.wordpress.com/2 ... d-jpeg.jpg

Surely even a renaissance man like yourself can observe the sheer explosion in atheists the last several years. If you browse the internet you will encounter it constantly. Blogs, books, and videos about atheism, all hugely popular. People now make a living out of preaching non-belief to the choir. There's one problem. The majority of people are f***ing dumb..................

These are the same group of Americans who can't contemplate issues on American women, patriotism, going abroad, etc. If they're "enlightened" with atheism, but completely brainwashed with the rest of their views, do you not see something to think about? When did you become skeptical of the American dream? Was it after 9/11?
Heart of Shadows
Freshman Poster

odbo wrote:
Heart of Shadows wrote:Image
Simpleton logic, confirmation bias. What our 5 senses can't detect doesn't exist. Those years of school have served you well! Go play with your fellow atheist retards. You and "bible thumping" Christians in America are two sides of the same coin. Religion by definition of the word, is supposed to lock you in. Atheism is a religion.
You could have a thousand beliefs, but to specifically say that you're atheist is proof you're an unthinking moron who's been following popular ideas. Oh sorry that might hurt your ego, let me rephrase that. You came to that conclusion all on your own, you're a pioneer and not a sheep! And you're off the the library for some Richard Dawkins!

http://mcbrolloks.files.wordpress.com/2 ... d-jpeg.jpg

Surely even a renaissance man like yourself can observe the sheer explosion in atheists the last several years. If you browse the internet you will encounter it constantly. Blogs, books, and videos about atheism, all hugely popular. People now make a living out of preaching non-belief to the choir. There's one problem. The majority of people are f***ing dumb..................

These are the same group of Americans who can't contemplate issues on American women, patriotism, going abroad, etc. If they're "enlightened" with atheism, but completely brainwashed with the rest of their views, do you not see something to think about? When did you become skeptical of the American dream? Was it after 9/11?
Lol I love how you assume I'm an atheist because I don't believe in Christianity and I mock the way most of them handle challenges to their belief.
Nope I'm not angry as 1. I don't rage over ever twit who can say "bad words" to hurt my feelings and 2. I've been reading through various topics of old and I know how you tend to flip out Mr conspiracy theorist. No I'm not enlightened and I don't pretend to be but I like to get a bit of humor from various beliefs as nothings perfect(People take their stupid beliefs too seriously nowadays) but hey you sure got me figured out as well as everybody else.

I better stay out of your way Mr keyboard warrior conspiracy fighter while you get to work exposing the truth.
Eric Hoffer

"If human beings were shown what they're really like, they'd either kill one another as vermin, or hang themselves."
Aldous Huxley
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

I don't say bad words to hurt your feelings, I use them as adjectives. Post idiotic things and I will call you an idiot.

Fact of the matter is, most people in the British Empire including Americans, Australians, Canadians, and Israelis are given sodium fluoride in their water. They are told this is good for teeth, and people overlook why baby formula and other products for young children who don't even have teeth yet contain sodium fluoride. It is to calcify our pineal gland, the seat of our soul and connection to god. We don't go through trips like people during the time of Jesus did. (Artificial lighting also contributes to this).

Go post your reptilian "humour" elsewhere.
Heart of Shadows
Freshman Poster

Trust me your insults didn't bother me in the slightest(remind me of the channers).

Well nice to meet you and good luck saving the world odbo.

P.S

Eric Hoffer

Aldous Huxley
puresolium
Freshman Poster

Post by puresolium »

My problem with many religious people, especially American protestants, is their focus (or lack thereof) on the PRINCIPLES. They speak about Jesus and how they praise this man but wouldn't dare to live on the principles that this man represented. These principles obviously include stuff like, "Love thy neighbor", "Treat people the way YOU would probably like to be treated", simple stuff, really.

The reality is, people are trying to survive. They fear what's on the other side of life and need a quick way to enlightenment and spiritual development, as if they know what that really is. There is this guy on boob tube talking about how religion is basically fast food philosophy, hastily prepared laden with GMO vegetable oil and high fructose syrup with a seasoning of fluoride crystals.

I don't know, just my couple of pennies.