I Might Move to Russia????

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
Fenix
Junior Poster

I Might Move to Russia????

Post by Fenix »

I have mentioned this Russian girl a lot on this forum. I talk to her online and I met her on MySpace in 2008. There was something about the way she looked and I had to message her. I saw her profile and it mentioned she liked Nirvana (Nirvana is my favorite band ever) so from then on, we have been close friends. I asked her if I lived in Russia, would she date me? She said yes. She just broke up with her boyfriend and I am pretty much going hard on her now. I pretty much said I wanted to be with her and she said that she would wait for me in Russia or whatever country I decide to move to, she would move to that country to be with me.

She has said Sweden is her favorite country (I also want to go here too), but my dilemma is this: I have been an advocate of Denmark for years, but I do want to explore Bulgaria too. I want to be with this girl because she absolutely amazing. Before I go any further, no, she has never asked me for money or try to scam me. This friendship has been mesmerizing it is just that she always had a man so she is on the market and I want to take her off of it! I am happy to know she wants me like I want her. We have been talking non-stop for the past 2 weeks like everyday.

I don't have my MySpace anymore so we just email and talk in other ways. It is funny how I always had dreams of having passionate sex with her and it may happen very soon. She is a brunette and she is about 5'7. She looks like a model and I told her she needs to model, but she thinks she is ugly. She looks really exotic and some of you may not like how she looks, but I love how she looks. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you guys this.
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

Isn't Sweden known to be poisoned with its feminism just like US, with it's sky high divorce rates
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Living in Bulgaria would certainly be much cheaper than living in Denmark.

I don't know much about the cost of living in Russia.
have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

I don't know much about the cost of living in Russia.
It depends where you want to live in Russia. I was told you can get a decent apartment for $500 per month outside of Moscow/St Pete. If you decide to live in Moscow or St Pete - it will be around $800 per month. Keep in mind utilities are very cheap compared to U.S. and food in general is cheaper too, very cheap public transportation.

Russia will be a bit cheaper than Bulgaria, but Moscow will most likely be a bit more expensive. Again it all depends how you want to live, glamorous night life is expensive, but you don't really need it there. You can meet people in the cafe or on the street. Watch out for skinheads though, I would not walk around the city at night all alone.
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

She lives in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky.
The Arab
Freshman Poster

Post by The Arab »

I would most certainly not recommend thinking about living in Russia.

Hell, most native Russians want to get out. As one Russian girl told me, " I love Russia, but from far away only."

The society is anarchic, paranoid, and full of jealous types. Russians treat each other badly, except close friends of course. It's dog-eat-dog, gossipy, and the people are like abused children. It's an odd culture, and Moscow embodies the worst qualities of this psyche. I don't think you'll be happy in Russia, and in no way would recommend going there as a black man.

I don't think you really understand the cultural difference. Russians are odd people, and completely unlike Westerners, or even their European neighbors in temperament and civility.

You try to bring her out, don't live there.
tradcom
Freshman Poster

Post by tradcom »

The Arab wrote:I would most certainly not recommend thinking about living in Russia.

Hell, most native Russians want to get out. As one Russian girl told me, " I love Russia, but from far away only."

The society is anarchic, paranoid, and full of jealous types. Russians treat each other badly, except close friends of course. It's dog-eat-dog, gossipy, and the people are like abused children. It's an odd culture, and Moscow embodies the worst qualities of this psyche. I don't think you'll be happy in Russia, and in no way would recommend going there as a black man.

I don't think you really understand the cultural difference. Russians are odd people, and completely unlike Westerners, or even their European neighbors in temperament and civility.

You sure you're not talking about the US?
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

The Arab wrote:I would most certainly not recommend thinking about living in Russia.

I lived in St. Petersburg for a couple of years, and I can vouch for what Arab says. I like the Russians, but only when they're not drunk.
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

Funny how you mention the word "archaic" and that is the exact word she used to describe Russia. Marina wants to move away from Russia and I don't blame her for that. I am glad she wants to leave. I just need to decide which country am I going to live in because I am 90% Denmark and 10% Bulgaria or Sweden.
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

Phoenix Sosa wrote:

Funny how you mention the word "archaic" and that is the exact word she used to describe Russia. Marina wants to move away from Russia and I don't blame her for that. I am glad she wants to leave. I just need to decide which country am I going to live in because I am 90% Denmark and 10% Bulgaria or Sweden.
Keep in mind that Western Europe is very expensive and priority for employment is given to EU citizens, not Americans. You can probably find work as an English teacher, however. Living here in Italy, I can tell you that salaries/pay is about Mississippi level, but all the prices in the stores are NYC level. So, you have to live frugally. You might actually be better off living in Eastern Europe (Poland, Romania, Bulgaria). That's just my 2 cents, for what's it's worth.
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

Post by ErikHeaven »

Sosa take a chance man life is short you never know.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

@P-Sosa,
Get her to live in Bulgaria with you.

@Hero,
And for Hero, go to Kyrgyzstan instead of the Philippines.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

Think Different wrote:
Phoenix Sosa wrote:

Keep in mind that Western Europe is very expensive and priority for employment is given to EU citizens, not Americans. You can probably find work as an English teacher, however. Living here in Italy, I can tell you that salaries/pay is about Mississippi level, but all the prices in the stores are NYC level. So, you have to live frugally. You might actually be better off living in Eastern Europe (Poland, Romania, Bulgaria). That's just my 2 cents, for what's it's worth.
I am a freelance writer and I can work anywhere in the world. I make $3,000 (minimum) a month.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Phoenix Sosa wrote:
The Arab wrote:The society is anarchic, paranoid, and full of jealous types. Russians treat each other badly, except close friends of course. It's dog-eat-dog, gossipy, and the people are like abused children. It's an odd culture, and Moscow embodies the worst qualities of this psyche. I don't think you'll be happy in Russia, and in no way would recommend going there as a black man.
He said anarchic not archaic. As far as I'm concerned those are two good things and make me want to go there more. Satan's dehumanizing progress is over rated but like sheep people think it's what will improve their lives.. "Keep all your money in the bank... baaaaahh!" If you're fed up with the modern life and the nanny state, why do you have to complain about places not yet the same as having some kind of serious flaw. Would they rather go where it's exactly the same? People are idiots. "This place sucks, there's no Walmart. baaaaahh!" "France isn't advanced yet, there is no gmo food and not every building uses air-conditioning 24/7. baaaaahh!"

Last edited by odbo on June 19th, 2011, 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

odbo wrote:
Phoenix Sosa wrote:
The Arab wrote:The society is anarchic, paranoid, and full of jealous types. Russians treat each other badly, except close friends of course. It's dog-eat-dog, gossipy, and the people are like abused children. It's an odd culture, and Moscow embodies the worst qualities of this psyche. I don't think you'll be happy in Russia, and in no way would recommend going there as a black man.
He said anarchic not archaic. As far as I'm concerned those are two good things and make me want to go there more. Satan's dehumanizing progress is over rated but like sheep people think it's what will improve their lives.. "Keep all your money in the bank... baaaaahh!" People are idiots, if you're fed up with the modern life and the nanny state, why do you have to complain about places not yet the same as having some kind of serious flaw. Would they rather go where it's exactly the same? "This place sucks, there's no Walmart. baaaaahh!" "France isn't advanced yet, there is no gmo food and not every building uses air-conditioning 24/7. baaaaahh!"
My mistake.