Irish women

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Irish women

Post by lavezzi »

Hello everyone. I'm new here and am from Ireland. Has anyone else had any experiences with Irish women? I strongly suspect they are the world's most selective when choosing a partner. It's seems they are valued so high and treated so well by our society as a whole that they feel no need to seek these things from a partner.

You have to be super confident, charismatic and popular for any of them to even consider you. The guys who possess these characteristics get recycled vigorously between all the women. The guys that don't are left frustrated and engaging in such depressive behaviors as obsessive drinking and visiting prostitutes. Yet it is socially unacceptable to acknowledge there is a problem from any external sources.

The social bubble women have in public has to be hands down the worst of any western country. Meaning the only way to meet women is through friends, where they are unbelievably picky. It's a nightmare.

The funny thing is, over here America is thought to be the easiest country for Irish men to get laid. But the current state of our economy disables me from testing this theory.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

If you look up posts by 'KingJoe' you'll see that he has had similar experiences with Irish women. I was sitting at the same table the other night in a Prague beer gaden with a female Irish English teacher over here, decidedly good looking, IMO. She had a completely unapproachable vibe about her, just terribly, terribly cool. You had to be in her circle -- like American women. Not much of a data sample, I know. But I've got decades of data from the US. That is definitely not the direction you want to be heading when you get some money saved up.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Both Irish nations = part of the Anglosphere.

End of thread. Winston, please close this thread. :smile:
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

gsjackson wrote:If you look up posts by 'KingJoe' you'll see that he has had similar experiences with Irish women. I was sitting at the same table the other night in a Prague beer gaden with a female Irish English teacher over here, decidedly good looking, IMO. She had a completely unapproachable vibe about her, just terribly, terribly cool. You had to be in her circle -- like American women. Not much of a data sample, I know. But I've got decades of data from the US. That is definitely not the direction you want to be heading when you get some money saved up.
Irish women=British women=American women. Forget them! Wonder how approachable the Czech women were?
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

A recent thread contrasting different eastern European countries had a discussion on Czech women. Grunt, who spent a year in the country, thinks they're terrible, combining the worst features of the west and communism. My experience has been that they don't make eye contact or give indications of interest. My British haircutter, who's married to a Czech woman, says they don't like self-entitled Americans who don't bother to learn the language at all (and indeed, "Do you speak English" doesn't seem to be much of an opening conversational gambit), but that once you get to know them they are great, and especially easy to bed.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

This one is kind of creepy.

Irish woman carrying her father’s child claims they’re in love.
Read more: http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Irish- ... 66849.html
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Irish women

Post by jamesbond »

lavezzi wrote:You have to be super confident, charismatic and popular for any of them to even consider you. The guys who possess these characteristics get recycled vigorously between all the women. The guys that don't are left frustrated and engaging in such depressive behaviors as obsessive drinking and visiting prostitutes. Yet it is socially unacceptable to acknowledge there is a problem from any external sources.

The social bubble women have in public has to be hands down the worst of any western country. Meaning the only way to meet women is through friends, where they are unbelievably picky. It's a nightmare.
Hey, Irish women sound a lot like American women, picky, arrogant, unfriendly, anti-social and feel like they deserve the cream of the crop when it comes to men.

Welcome to the anglosphere! :lol:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 22nd, 2016, 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hook
Freshman Poster

Post by Hook »

That is disappointing for me as well.

It would be great finding a beautiful redheaded Irish lass. Especially if she is musical and knows some traditional Irish music.

I guess it is Ukraine or bust.
Hook
Freshman Poster

Post by Hook »

Hey Lavezzi, have you heard of Celtic Woman? Some of their music is on Youtube. They are quite amazing, and I really like Orla Fallon.

Do you know Gaelic?
paddyjose
Freshman Poster

Post by paddyjose »

@Hook , Tá mé in mo hÉireannach agus tá an Gaeilge go líofa agam.

As an Irishman , I have to confirm the general sentiment expressed in this thread , and then some.

I'm set to leave our admitedly very beautiful but dreary as hell country ( we've had non stop rain for the last few days , which is pretty much the norm for the summer ) very soon and Irish woman are a large part of the reason. They really are obnoxious , its a word I hate to use but believe me its the truth. Irish men drink a lot anyways , but go to a nightclub and you'll find most are paralytic beyond belief. Why ?? Because the courage required to talk to an Irish woman is greater than required to walk a tightrope across a couple of skyscrapers.
I hate talking this way about women as it undoubtably makes you sound just a tad mysogynistic , but unfortunately its the conclusion Ive came to after many years of tough experience.
I suspect that men coming here from abroad may have different luck ( the same way Irish men go down a storm in America ) but as has been said elsewhere in the thread Ireland is as much part of the anglosphere as anywhere else , and is just as bad!

@Ghost, they're aint no place left like that in Ireland Im afraid buddy. Sorry!

Dont let the above put off visiting the country though. Aside from the absolutely atroicious weather and women , you'll have an amazing time here. Our pubs are amazing, and you'll have plenty of fun!
paddyjose
Freshman Poster

Re: Irish women

Post by paddyjose »

jamesbond wrote:
lavezzi wrote:You have to be super confident, charismatic and popular for any of them to even consider you. The guys who possess these characteristics get recycled vigorously between all the women. The guys that don't are left frustrated and engaging in such depressive behaviors as obsessive drinking and visiting prostitutes. Yet it is socially unacceptable to acknowledge there is a problem from any external sources.

Hey, Irish women sound a lot like American women, picky, arrogant, unfriendly, anti-social and feel like they deserve the cream of the crop when it comes to men.

Welcome to the anglosphere! :lol:
You're pretty much wrong there. They're actually worse than you've described.
bob123
Freshman Poster

Post by bob123 »

I always thought Irish women were friendly, especially if you enjoy a drink at the pub. Some times the thick accent might be difficult to understand.

It doesn't seem too difficult to make some jokes and have a good time with Irish girls.
There are a few Irish girls in Boston, and the ones I've met have been friendly.
The guy needs confidence and an outspoken personality.

Personally, I'm a little fascinated with Irish culture and its history. The Irish actors in Hollywood are always good looking and charismatic.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

I had an Irish boss once, a rich and good-looking guy, who'd never been married. What does THAT tell you?
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr.Darcy »

Ya, she was a huge tease