Do you think marriage is good or bad?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
newlife
Freshman Poster

Do you think marriage is good or bad?

Post by newlife »

not to offend anyone, but do you think getting married is the best route to take in life? or maybe just stick to banging sluts and taking your chances with stds?

i'm married to a girl and it is not fun dealing with her insane jealousy. i can't even leave my apartment without her going nuts. never had to deal with that when i was single and free. i feel like i'm chained to the wall now. it's no fun anymore. i don't even have sex with her much anymore because, sexually, she bores me.

i used to just hit up prostitutes all the time. i loved the variety! it's no strings attached fun. i caught quite a few nasty stds and it all scared me a bit. so i decided the time was right for a "nice" virgin girl with a clean vagina.

upside of the whole thing is i don't have to wear condoms nor do i have to worry about stds or aids. downside is i have no freedom to screw whoever i want anymore. i also dont get much sex because it's so damn boring.

what do you think? is marriage the wrong way?
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: do you think marriage is good or bad?

Post by jamesbond »

newlife wrote:not to offend anyone, but do you think getting married is the best route to take in life?

upside of the whole thing is i don't have to wear condoms nor do i have to worry about stds or aids. downside is i have no freedom to screw whoever i want anymore. i also dont get much sex because it's so damn boring.

what do you think?
Tom Leykis tells men to not get married and to not have children. However, if you do get married make sure to have a prenuptial agreement.

Women are like cars, they depreciate in value over the years (by losing their looks). Wouldn't it be nice to have a new car every few years? :lol:

Hugh Hefner has said, the only reason why people should get married is to have children. I have also heard people say, companionship is another good reason to get married.

I am no where near ready to get married yet, maybe someday. :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

I believe marriage is good for women, and bad for men.

As far as STD's just lurk on any STD forum and you will find married men talking about how they contracted an std from their cheating wife.

In other words, just because you're married to woman that does not automatically mean that you no longer have to worry about contracting std's.
onezero4u
Freshman Poster

Post by onezero4u »

STDs can be had from whores and wives....no guarantees there amigo.

also a PRENUP is usually thrown out in court because the feminist system declares that a woman is under 'duress" to get married and is therefore not bound to it....and the court ends up giving her 80% of assets and YOU 90% of debt.

my advice is dont get married.

or find a place with no common law bullshit and just shackup...

if you love her, why do you need to sign a blank check to her to prove it.
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Every reply seems to be from a totally American perspective. I am guess, though just guessing, that Newlife is not married to an American woman and di not used to hit up prostitutes all the time in America.

Leykis telling men not to get married and not to have kids is right... for America. But what is you want to have kids?

The answer is simple. You're on the right board. Go to where you can have the things you want. I have a friend who is married, screws around on the side, and his wife knows about it. They have even had threesomes with other girls. I don't agree with this, but it shows you can find what you want if you're willing to look for it.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Marriage is not for everybody, Leykis however is looking from a perspective that society and the court system is generally unfair towards men, which is true.

But marriage is healthy for a society when it works like it suppose too, there's nothing negative about it. It should be an individual decision however and not forced upon people.

Men that want adventurous sex should not get married, nor feel pressured into doing so. Nothing is perfect and while you give up some things to be married, I frankly don't see them as a net positive UNLESS you have women willing to be temporary partners. Most women even prostitutes want children and a family, don't make that mistake that they don't.

Being Single or Being Married is not a zero sum game, its a lifestyle choice.
Schutzengel
Freshman Poster

Post by Schutzengel »

I believe that marriage is neither good or bad, and that it is someone's choice whether to get married or not. There is nothing wrong with living a promiscuous lifestyle if it is what you really want to do.

I personally plan to get married. I want to meet someone that will truly love me and to spend my life with.
Iawesome60
Freshman Poster

My opinion on the matter

Post by Iawesome60 »

I thought about marriage. It is unknown if i'm going to get married or not. I'm going to list what could occur if one was going to get married or not. Then, i'm going to give an answer.

If one gets married:

-It is very risky to get married in America for several reasons. It's risky getting married in America because the divorce rate is high, one may be miserable (the ultimate goal in all marriages is to be very content), you may get divorced, and etcetera.

-One could be in a marriage with a stupendous woman.

-One won't be lonely (only if the above statement is a fact).

-One's wife/ex-wife may have a child or children. One will have these following precious opportunities with the child/children: watching them grow up, celebrating birthdays, teaching them how to ride a bike, eating dinner with them, reading bedtime stories, watching them do activities (play sports, join a fraternity or sorority, and etcetera), celebrating Christmas with them, checking their homework, paying their college, and etcetera.

-One and his wife have to share everything and work as a team.

-They HAVE to get married in a marriage-successful country.

If one does not get married:

-One doesn't feel the wrath of divorce settlements. The wrath of divorce settlements is fiercer than a meteor, tornado, thunderstorm, and earthquake (biggest one on the Richter scale) COMBINED. Divorce settlements are usually won by the woman. A man losses half of his income, the kids, is obliged to pay child support, may lose the house, may get lied on (the court could make the man pay more money, as a result), may lose some of his possessions, and etcetera. Man, you will be sick if a woman divorces you.

-One will have the wonderful opportunity keep the money for yourself (use it wisely, please). When I get settled down to my future career, my saved money (after I pay bills, pay for gas, pay for groceries, and etcetera) will be used for: traveling, video games, new TV, donations, taking care of my parents and etcetera. I refuse to spend it all because i'm very smart about spending.

-One may be lonely.

-One doesn't have to worry about the weaknesses of a woman.

-You may be one of the happiest men alive (because you have no divorce payments, you're not in a miserable marriage, you have things you want, and etcetera).

DON'T GET MARRIED IN AMERICA AT ALL! Getting married in America is like gambling, you either get a big prize or a big loss. We all know that the odds are stacked against us when we gamble. Don't gamble!

The only way marriage is acceptable is if a man gets married in a marriage friendly country and lives in that particular country. If you bring your foreign wife to America, look at my gambling analogy.

Marriage is bad in America. Marriage is good in a marriage friendly country only if you live there.

Hope I helped 8) .
There aren't many attractive women (inside and outside) in America. A man wants a physically attractive woman with attractive personality traits. American women usually don't have that combination.

Ever since I found Winston's website and read the information on there, my life has been much easier and I've been a MUCH more happier person!

No matter how good she looks, some other guy is sick and tired of putting up with her crap. ~Author Unknown (Quote about women)
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Besides the divorce settlements, another reason not to get married is that there is no guarantee that you won't get sick of your wife, fall in love with someone else, or regret it. That is a huge thing, and society forgets that. It's a huge flaw. But of course, you are supposed to be a follower who believes that majority=right.

One cannot swear and oath or sign a contract promising to only like vanilla ice cream and no other flavors. It's not realistic. So why would one swear such oaths during marriage? It makes no sense.

Unless you really love children and feel empty without them and are committed to them and are a very giving selfless person, it's not a good idea to have children. Otherwise you get stuck with these little twerps who are a major resource drain on you and give NOTHING back. They are like energy vampires who are useless to you too, technically speaking. It's like having a buddy constantly leech off you without contributing anything to your goals, objectives, agenda or livelihood. A horrible deal, technically speaking. Unless of course, you really really love children and can't live without them.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Sexter
Freshman Poster

Post by Sexter »

It really depends dude. If I make 60k a year, and a woman who's beautiful makes 80k a year. Lets assume you love each other, It's a financial gain if you 2 get married. However, the downside is that if she divorces you, then she will take most of your assets and leave you with a lot of debt....

It's a BIG gamble. I honostly wouldn't get married. The consequences supercede the positives

again, when it comes to f***ing other chicks on the side, it's really not that hard to keep it a secret. I currently have a girlfriend and I f**k girls on the side, although it's not morally correct, a man has his needs.

i'm sure everyone has a different opinion on this
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Winston wrote:Besides the divorce settlements, another reason not to get married is that there is no guarantee that you won't get sick of your wife, fall in love with someone else, or regret it. That is a huge thing, and society forgets that. It's a huge flaw. But of course, you are supposed to be a follower who believes that majority=right.

One cannot swear and oath or sign a contract promising to only like vanilla ice cream and no other flavors. It's not realistic. So why would one swear such oaths during marriage? It makes no sense.

Unless you really love children and feel empty without them and are committed to them and are a very giving selfless person, it's not a good idea to have children. Otherwise you get stuck with these little twerps who are a major resource drain on you and give NOTHING back. They are like energy vampires who are useless to you too, technically speaking. It's like having a buddy constantly leech off you without contributing anything to your goals, objectives, agenda or livelihood. A horrible deal, technically speaking. Unless of course, you really really love children and can't live without them.
I find this line of thinks problematic. I still talk to my friend Doug who I've been friends with for 20+ years. So I don't understand how I would get sick of somebody after awhile. If you're that kind of person, don't get married and have agreements typed up so you can leave a relationship trouble-free without any damage.

I have no desire to be single any longer, I have no desire to marry one woman that then plan on marrying somebody else later, that just sound crazy to me.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Sexter wrote:It really depends dude. If I make 60k a year, and a woman who's beautiful makes 80k a year. Lets assume you love each other, It's a financial gain if you 2 get married. However, the downside is that if she divorces you, then she will take most of your assets and leave you with a lot of debt....

It's a BIG gamble. I honostly wouldn't get married. The consequences supercede the positives

again, when it comes to f***ing other chicks on the side, it's really not that hard to keep it a secret. I currently have a girlfriend and I f**k girls on the side, although it's not morally correct, a man has his needs.

i'm sure everyone has a different opinion on this
Huh? That must be an American thing where men are activity seeking other professional women (people that make that kind of money are professional, white collar workers). As for your assets, sure she has the money to hire an attorney that will be able to MAYBE take your assets but c'mon what did you do to loose your assets?

If your caught cheating and your married, that's your ass. You deserve whatever happens too you.

I'm not interested in f***ing other chicks on the side. One is enough. That's part of being human, you don't have to act on every impulse. I keep saying, spare yourself and your wife trouble by just not getting married if all you really want is random sex partners.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Sexter wrote:It really depends dude. If I make 60k a year, and a woman who's beautiful makes 80k a year. Lets assume you love each other, It's a financial gain if you 2 get married. However, the downside is that if she divorces you, then she will take most of your assets and leave you with a lot of debt....
1. I think is rare to find a beautiful woman who makes 80k a year and is ok with her spouse making less then her.

2. It's not always that simple where as the combined income is utilized to an advantage over the long haul unless the woman remains child free and lives frugally.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Women do not want to marry a man that makes less money then them. This is a fact that has been studied around the world for decades. So, that is why men (at least in the US) get taken to the cleaners in a divorce. They made more money than their wives, so they have to give her a certain percentage of their assets.

I think marriage contracts should be something that either lasts for a lifetime or, lasts for a certain number of years. For example, you can sign a marriage contract that lasts for life, or lasts for 10 years, or 20 years or however many years you think you want to stay married. Then, when the marriage contract is over, you can renew it if you want or just get divorced.

I think forcing people into a "lifetime committment" is ridiculous! Why should marriage contracts all be "for life" and not give people the option to have it for a certain number of years? Signing a marriage contract for life is like saying your going to only want to live in the same city your whole life and never move to another location.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Winston wrote:

What makes me upset is people who bring kids into this world for no other reason then because they can, or because they were pressured by society. I know young couples right now who are working on their 2nd, or 3rd child and their first child is already spoiled and fat (great job mom!). See that's the problem with this country, we value quantity over QUALITY.

I just don't get it, why tie yourself down with restrictions and responsibilities at such a young age when international travel is very cheap and the benefit to having a child is, in my opinion, at an all time low? Do people THINK AHEAD or do people just jump into the sack and worry about the rest later?

Having kids in America is a trap, you will be forced to give up your life/dreams to slave away at some s&&&y job just to be able to take care of your ungrateful kids, then when your kids are able to work on their own, instead of working for the family, they too will be slaves in the system starting out by giving away their labor for next to nothing at places like CVS/Wallgreens all the way up to later on in life being in debt with student loans and 30 year mortgages just to keep a roof over their head.