finding women with "brains"

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
newlife
Freshman Poster

finding women with "brains"

Post by newlife »

do you have problems finding women with brains? all the asian women i've been with seem like such childish airheads.

:roll:

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Newlife,

Are you currently living in Thailand or just visiting? Regardless you know all about the stigma held against farangs by the Thai upper class. Not saying it can't be done but finding an educated Thai girl would probably be harder than meeting one here in the US because you have SOOO many things working against you.

An educated Thai girl will never feel comfortable walking hand in hand with any farang because she'll be perceived as a prostitute. This issue alone will keep you from meeting 95% of brainy girls in Thailand.

I think what you experience is common for guys that go to Thailand. They tire of the bar scene, they tire of not being able to communicate on a higher level with their women.

Why not try Philippines for smart girls? Atleast you'd stand a fighting chance to meet one. I did.
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

Post by ErikHeaven »

Your the man Pete you struck gold. Me too soon.
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

newlife
Freshman Poster

Post by newlife »

pete98146 wrote:Newlife,

Are you currently living in Thailand or just visiting? Regardless you know all about the stigma held against farangs by the Thai upper class. Not saying it can't be done but finding an educated Thai girl would probably be harder than meeting one here in the US because you have SOOO many things working against you.

An educated Thai girl will never feel comfortable walking hand in hand with any farang because she'll be perceived as a prostitute. This issue alone will keep you from meeting 95% of brainy girls in Thailand.

I think what you experience is common for guys that go to Thailand. They tire of the bar scene, they tire of not being able to communicate on a higher level with their women.

Why not try Philippines for smart girls? Atleast you'd stand a fighting chance to meet one. I did.
Yeah, seems like Philippines might be a good try. I've never been there but I'd like to go and give it a chance.

Here in Thailand, it seems I can't really communicate with them on a "deep" level. Partly because they're all uneducated types. Partly due to the language issue.

I don't want a smarter than me type feminist but at the same time I want a girl who has at least some innate intellect.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

newlife wrote:
pete98146 wrote:Newlife,

Yeah, seems like Philippines might be a good try. I've never been there but I'd like to go and give it a chance.

Here in Thailand, it seems I can't really communicate with them on a "deep" level. Partly because they're all uneducated types. Partly due to the language issue.

I don't want a smarter than me type feminist but at the same time I want a girl who has at least some innate intellect.
A lot of Pinays act very very childish. Some are cool as f**k, but man o' man, when that child rears their horn of immature behavior, watch out.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
DCX_10
Freshman Poster

Re: finding women with "brains"

Post by DCX_10 »

Not at all. There are lots of very smart and accomplished Chinese women out there. Just look around top US medical school, science school, business school... you will find tons of very smart Asian women. And let me tell you, these women can be tough sometimes; they are your equal, and may even make more money than you do (and more educated).

I suspect language is an issue. If she does not speak English, she could appear "dumb". Just be mindful that she may be laughing at you as well.

newlife wrote:do you have problems finding women with brains? all the asian women i've been with seem like such childish airheads.

:roll:
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

Personally, I feel that intelligence may not matter in a foreign woman, as long as she treats me right, then intelligence (or lack thereof) does not matter. In some cases, if a woman is smart, that may work AGAINST you. I am not condoning/advocating taking advantage of a woman who has below average intelligence; I am just saying...
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

newlife,

What educational credentials do you have?
You can communicate deeply on non-verbal levels(and this is what many non-westerners can perceive). Most westerners have a problem with communicating with people who aren't used to talking all the time.

This is what you need to realize when going outside of the West.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

If you're trying to find intelligent women then Thailand and the Phillipines are the wrong places to look. You won't find either there in great numbers. Actually, it's like searching for a needle in a haystack. Thai women just aren't all that bright. Even ones that are "well educated" and from top universities here aren't all that smart. They just happen to be from rich families who sent them to top schools. The only exception to that might be the Chinese-Thai women but they are pretty serious most of the time and it's difficult to get in with their family if you have a relationship especially if you aren't Thai.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Repatriate wrote:If you're trying to find intelligent women then Thailand and the Phillipines are the wrong places to look. You won't find either there in great numbers. Actually, it's like searching for a needle in a haystack. Thai women just aren't all that bright. Even ones that are "well educated" and from top universities here aren't all that smart. They just happen to be from rich families who sent them to top schools. The only exception to that might be the Chinese-Thai women but they are pretty serious most of the time and it's difficult to get in with their family if you have a relationship especially if you aren't Thai.
Sounds like a double-edged sword to me. So where in Asia should one look for a woman with brains?
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

E_Irizarry wrote:
Repatriate wrote:If you're trying to find intelligent women then Thailand and the Phillipines are the wrong places to look. You won't find either there in great numbers. Actually, it's like searching for a needle in a haystack. Thai women just aren't all that bright. Even ones that are "well educated" and from top universities here aren't all that smart. They just happen to be from rich families who sent them to top schools. The only exception to that might be the Chinese-Thai women but they are pretty serious most of the time and it's difficult to get in with their family if you have a relationship especially if you aren't Thai.
Sounds like a double-edged sword to me. So where in Asia should one look for a woman with brains?
The NE Asian countries but that requires more effort and acculturation. Rock would probably tell you more about this as he has lived in Taiwan for a long time and is the biggest advocate for that region. SE Asia is good for cheap sex, mindless fun/adventure, and flings but i'd say getting involved with the women for a longterm stable relationship may be a mistake depending on your mindset. SE Asians just aren't wired like that and the culture is very superficial in many respects.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

E_Irizarry wrote:
Well, NE Asians tend to have big brains and high IQs so countries/cities with these populations (China/Taiwan/HK/SP/Japan/Korea) should have a lot of technically smart women. And a subset of these are great conversationalists too. Some can even hold their own in English. But if you want real intellectual free-thinking types, I would guess you would find more of those in Russia/CIS part of Asia. However, I would chose NE Asians because morally, I feel they are much lower risk for involvement in serious relationships; at least the ones who have not been spoiled by rampant consumerism taking hold in some of the 1st tier urban centers.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

@Rock & @Repatriate,

Yeah guys. I think that NE Asia is the goldmine of ingenuity for hot women in that part of the world.

- E. Irizarry (2009)

- E. Irizarry (2012)

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Rock wrote: But if you want real intellectual free-thinking types, I would guess you would find more of those in Russia/CIS part of Asia.
Yeah but the downside to Russians and other EE is that the women can be intelligent but treacherous. Venality is a trait within the CIS and a lot of the women harbor motives and or certain ambitions that would leave a man broken. It seems like you need a lot of CIS experience to have a decent relationship.