Have you ever encountered any hostility?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
newlife
Freshman Poster

Have you ever encountered any hostility?

Post by newlife »

have you ever encountered hostility with the local men by taking "their" women?

I've never experienced anything. have you?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I haven't either, but many guys claim that they get nasty stares from local guys for being with their women.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

I'm not sure I understand what you mean or why it would be an issue? You going into a closed society or something?

In my experience other men don't care, why should they? Only Nationalist types MIGHT care and you're not likely to come into contact with them.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

In Cebu, on occasion I got some angry stares from guys. I used to care, now I don't. The girls who were with me in Thailand got bad stares, I was just ignored. In Manila, I rarely if ever get any stares. The girls with me might. But once in a blue moon.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

I have encountered hostility on many occasions. The fact that I am 6'4" and 255 pounds leads me to believe that local male envy is irrational.

The women I associate with are drop dead gorgeous and among the cream of the crop where I go. Local men will usually try to interrupt my conversation with "friendliness" or offers of vodka when I know they are simply attempting to cock block.

On a few occasions where I brushed them off, they tried to precipitate a conflict. So long as I keep my cool, they usually are kicked out of the venue.

Men abroad are NOT my friends. They are interlopers and opportunists and seek to try to subvert my success with local women or instigate a fight. It is a chess match where you must keep your head, you must have the staff of the venue on your side, and you must recognize it for what it is.

Never fall into the trap of exploding because these guys usually have reinforcements nearby, or a weapon, or some other plan "B" in case you get the better of them.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:I have encountered hostility on many occasions. The fact that I am 6'4" and 255 pounds leads me to believe that local male envy is irrational.

The women I associate with are drop dead gorgeous and among the cream of the crop where I go. Local men will usually try to interrupt my conversation with "friendliness" or offers of vodka when I know they are simply attempting to cock block.

On a few occasions where I brushed them off, they tried to precipitate a conflict. So long as I keep my cool, they usually are kicked out of the venue.

Men abroad are NOT my friends. They are interlopers and opportunists and seek to try to subvert my success with local women or instigate a fight. It is a chess match where you must keep your head, you must have the staff of the venue on your side, and you must recognize it for what it is.

Never fall into the trap of exploding because these guys usually have reinforcements nearby, or a weapon, or some other plan "B" in case you get the better of them.
Per bold it's about time that somebody else on this forum feels this way besides me!!! I have been repeatedly and periodically stating that. Especially the American men abroad. *sigh*
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:I have encountered hostility on many occasions. The fact that I am 6'4" and 255 pounds leads me to believe that local male envy is irrational.
I'm also 6'4" but a shade less weight wise at 225lbs so I don't get flack from the guys. But my wife sure does when we are over in Philippines. Just walking down the street in Cebu she gets comments like "oh you are too good to be with a filipino man" coming from the locals.

Interestingly I'd say MOST expats have horrible taste in women and they tend to go for the less attractive women (never understood this and that's a entirely different topic) so the local guys could usually care less. However if you do have a prettier filipina as a partner then yes they do care and make the applicable comments.

When I am in Thailand with my wife we get HORRIBLE customer service and a ton of angry stares because they automatically assume I'm a john and my wife is a bar girl. But once they hear my wife speaking english without a Thai accent they realize she is not Thai then the anger disappears instantly.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

When I am in Thailand with my wife we get HORRIBLE customer service and a ton of angry stares because they automatically assume I'm a john and my wife is a bar girl. But once they hear my wife speaking english without a Thai accent they realize she is not Thai then the anger disappears instantly.
The main reason I would not live in Thailand or marry a Thai is just that. How can you have a love or a family in a place like that?
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

The real Thailand is a conservative country, even more conservative then America. So if they think you are bringing defilement into the community, you will get the cold shoulder. The "sex paradise" image is just a marketing delusion for foolish westerners looking for a vacation destination. As long as they stay in designated zones, there is no problem. It's actually similar to the Netherlands, where I lived. The sex stuff is zoned into specific low class areas, and the kids and regular people never see it. Maybe not accidently, I saw a lot of Thais in the Netherlands. They seem to understand each other.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Interesting. So in America men are my friends and the women are not, but then I move abroad I should expect the local women to be my friends but not the men.

And your story corroborates with my buddy who traveled around Asia for a while. He told me the sometimes the local men would try and scam him during card games and other times they would try and pick a fight.
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

Interestingly I'd say MOST expats have horrible taste in women and they tend to go for the less attractive women (never understood this and that's a entirely different topic) so the local guys could usually care less. However if you do have a prettier filipina as a partner then yes they do care and make the applicable comments.

i horrible taste.i don`t know about you but i`m not the best looking guy on the world so i can understand seeking a women on you`re level as far as looks and a women with substance who has the same values.especially if you`re trying to bring them to the states do you really want to bring a 20 something dime here.there were plenty of hot brasilian women trying to talk to me but they came off a gold diggers or green card grabbers my wife who is from brasil is not ugly but not extremely hot either about the same as me but leaning more on the cute side.plus i don`t want other men to find my wife attractive if you don`t than i am cool because i`m like mine mine mine when it comes to her.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Winston wrote:I haven't either, but many guys claim that they get nasty stares from local guys for being with their women.
You, Winston, haven't either?Such an obvious answer to this. You are Asian, so you do not stick out. The ones that get nasty stairs are people of other races. Whites/Blacks. The more different, the more you stand out and the more varied the reactions to you are.
I for one do not get strange reactions in Russia or stares when I am with a local girl, I also do not get any bad looks in Latin America, but blacks have gotten those in Russia and some got beat up.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Interestingly I'd say MOST expats have horrible taste in women and they tend to go for the less attractive women
Well, here is another obvious answer:

Most are tourists and are picking up hookers because they are horny as hell and their balls are bursting with the sperm of a thousand lonely nights. They will take anything that has a hole.
Their " taste" is still from back home. Back home women look ugly so the local ugly girl looks pretty good.
They like slutty looking ones just like the ones they see on: streetmeatasia and asianappleseed. Those are not available back home period so when these "come true" they grab them.

As far as long term expats, these are into Malay looking girls which look like exotic tropical fruit to them. They are not into Mexican looking ones which the Filipinos find attractive. In the Philippines, the Spanish mestizo class was rich and a paragon of what to aspire to, in the US, these look like maids from El Salvador and is not something to aspire to. An Asian/Malay looking woman is , otoh is of a higher class back home.
The opposite, see.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

MrPeabody wrote:The real Thailand is a conservative country, even more conservative then America. So if they think you are bringing defilement into the community, you will get the cold shoulder. The "sex paradise" image is just a marketing delusion for foolish westerners looking for a vacation destination. As long as they stay in designated zones, there is no problem. It's actually similar to the Netherlands, where I lived. The sex stuff is zoned into specific low class areas, and the kids and regular people never see it. Maybe not accidently, I saw a lot of Thais in the Netherlands. They seem to understand each other.
A non Oriental person is bringing defilement into the community just by being there. Just like in many parts of the US, the only people they like are white people, it is the same in Thailand, where the only people they like are Oriental people. Thailand even used to have a law prohibiting Westerners from entering the country- that was in the 19th century. This is why I do not recommend anyone who is a non Oriental to move to Thailand.
You have no idea about the insults they use daily and the nasty names they call you- all in Thai.
A young white man in Thailand is often treated the way a young black man is treated in many parts of the US- a troublemaker and a potential threat. An eyesore.
Now, if you are rich and hire people, are a CEO of some company with a pin stripe suit, have a factory, etc., then things change magically. Same as in the US- if you are a rich, young black man- a rapper or an actor or a basketball player, well, then people are all smiles.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

ladislav wrote: A young white man in Thailand is often treated the way a young black man is treated in many parts of the US- a troublemaker and a potential threat. An eyesore..
And it's unfortunate really because half the time black people bring the negative attention onto themselves. I use to hang out around Utah and other areas that are all white and I could always tell when a bunch of black males were coming around the corner. They are TOO loud, boisterous, nosey, and lack any kind of basic training on how to carry oneself in the PUBLIC which is embarrassing. If people don't like them because of it, then they get what they deserve. Blacks in the 50's HAD CLASS but they were not liked because of true racism, but today it's different, black people, as a group, have NO CLASS and that's why they are not liked.

If young black males only knew that carrying oneself as a refined respectable gentleman can open many doors for them since many other racial groups are willing to give them a chance and move forward from the past. I mostly do business and I reside in affluent areas with every other race except black people and I have had ZERO problems to date. Affluent white/Asian people give me full access to their home to work in and they leave me around their children without any hesitation.... A guy like me does not worry about racism or unemployment.