Why I'm tired of living in Angeles City, where to move to?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

newlife wrote:
i'd love to move to bali indonesia, but the girls request larger pay packets over there. :roll:
I don't know about Indonesia... Schapelle Corby, an Australian Caucasian tourist, got 20 years for allegedly smuggling weed into the country, even if she really is guilty, 20 years is draconian punishment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmJBTK-f ... re=related

Random youtube comments taken from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR_lFMGo ... dded#at=65

"They should free this girl. So many aspects of the case do not makes sense. These countries make you scared to visit them. I know I would never visit Singapore, and probably now Indonesia. They don't like white people, and their punishments are too harsh for something so easy to set up."

"This is the one reason why I WILL NEVER EVER GO BACK TO INDONESIA. I went there in 1996 and after the Bali bombings then this, this is reason enough to stay away. SICK TWISTED EVIL CORUPTED COUNTRY. FREE SHAPELLE YOU BASTARDS"

"Schapelle seems to be a political pawn for the corrupt Indonesian government, to me anyway, thats sick to play with a life."

"I agree with you and i am appalled that the prime minister did not want to help Schappelle, shame on him for not doing anything. Schappelle needs to be back in Australia where she belongs with her family. I wonder if John Howard sleeps at night while Schappelle sleeps on the floor sorrounded by other women who are also sleeping on the floor. THey will never see me in Indonesia and other australians should NOT visit Indonesia"

"one things for sure if Australians would STOP going to Indonesia ! that would get the message across loud and clear. But while people here keep taking up cheap crappy Holidays in Bali the situation will keep rolling along. Schapelle is just one tragedy there are many others in Asian jails who also desperately need your help. And most certainly don't vote for the 2 Major Parties both of them have sat there date and done nothing SHAME on them ALL."

"i`m agree! coruption allover!!! Java people to cross Bali border on their cars are stopped by Bali police to pay lot of money. Police man watched us and he wanted double money from our driver. Shock!!! Beuatiful country but nothing else. Very arrogant people and the most boring food in the world. How many days you can eat the same Nasi Bami Nasi whatever. even Satay souce which is very simple to make they can destroy. For one time in life Indonesia is nice but NEVER AGAIN!"

"I just finished reading her book. There is no doubt in my mind that this woman never had a chance of getting a fair trial. Indonesia wanted to make an example of a westerner and she was the unlucky one they chose. There was compelling evidence to suggest her innocence but, the court disregarded all of it. Schappelle Corby never had a chance. Somewhere, the person responsible for planting those drugs is living their life while Schappelle is slowly dying in that hellhole."

"the president of Indonesia wanted to send a msg to all Australians.Received loud and clear. The msg is dont trust this backward country and stay away. I will be spending my tourist dollars elsewhere"

"I'm not surprised that so many people harbour racist attitudes toward Asian countries, when their governments are applying medieval punishments to petty crimes. And what disturbs me most, is how the general public in Asia seems to embrace these sadistic, primitive laws. Am I wrong, or did I NOT see hundreds of people carrying banners that read,"Death to drug dealers". "Corby must die". Absolutely disgusting. The government AND the people need to feel deep, deep shame."

"Boycott Indonesia ,dont buy or travel to there,u could be next.These people and their system make me sick.What a pathetic attempt at law.These people and their ,so called judges need to have the corruption slapped right out of them!BOYCOTT INDONESIA,NO TRAVEL THERE NO GOODS FROM THERE!"
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock,
I thought of another option I forgot to mention. I could also just go live in Taiwan at my parents' house for a few months and save up money while there since I won't have any rent expense. lol. While there, I could try to build up my online income, as I did last year. Or go back to our home in Washington and do the same there, while the fresh air there rejuvenates me.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

@northamericanguy,

So do you agree with those comments that you have selected from the pool of comments on that video about Indonesia/locking Schapelle Corby up?
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Rock,
I thought of another option I forgot to mention. I could also just go live in Taiwan at my parents' house for a few months and save up money while there since I won't have any rent expense. lol. While there, I could try to build up my online income, as I did last year. Or go back to our home in Washington and do the same there, while the fresh air there rejuvenates me.
Well multi-month ticket to US will cost some bucks but you can get to Taiwan quickly and cheaply if Spirit of Manila resumes service in August or September as someone told me may happen. Rural Chiayi is so boring that you could really focus on your business with no distractions and get the little emperor treatment from the parents too (no having to cook, clean, or drive). Perhaps no distractions and minimal pollution will enable to achieve laser-like focus for awhile at least.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

E_Irizarry wrote:@northamericanguy,

So do you agree with those comments that you have selected from the pool of comments on that video about Indonesia/locking Schapelle Corby up?
Yes sir I do because the Corby incident goes very deep, it's somehow connected to the Bali bombings, East Timor, and the corrupt Australian/Indonesian governments. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyUGkjZxDqk

Corby is some kind of political prisoner held hostage by the Indonesian government. It could have happened to anybody and it almost happened to another person. I saw a news footage where a middle aged white couple went to Indonesia on vacation and when they opened their bags in Indonesia they found a loaf of bread size of weed rapped up in their luggage.

Luckily they went to the Australian embassy in Indonesia FIRST where they told them to not tell any Indonesian police and flush it down the toilet otherwise they would be arrested and imprisoned.

F*** that, I'm not going to a place where I could easily be set up for life and the penalty is death, life imprisonment, or 20 years . Anyhow, if anything, this reminds me to ALWAYS HAVE A LOCK ON MY LUGGAGE!!

This is the Bali 9: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GL042bOoSU
Mystery
Freshman Poster

Post by Mystery »

Authorities admitted the Fukushima incident is worse than Tchernobil.

When I left Montreal, I had to get rid of all my furniture as well. I had about $10000 worth of nice hard-wood furnitures, 40" TV, etc. I sold most of it to a couple I met at a business meeting, I brought a "quality furniture for sale in perfect condition" flier. Their house just burnt and they have to fill a new house from scratch from insurance money. Perfect! I sold the rest from online classified ads, although less developed countries aren't really used to these internet technologies. I also gave everything in my kitchen to one of my girlfriends.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Nah, don't move back to Washington State!!! If you thought it sucked when you lived here before you should see it now!!! Living rent free in Taiwan would be an excellent option. This allows you to visit other parts of asia (China, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia). You'll then get a true appreciation for each country allowing you to evalulate whether this continent is your final retirement destination.
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Re: 3 questions

Post by MatureDJ »

Winston wrote:Question # 1:

Right now, I've saved up about $12,000 dollars from work and website income, and also have a steady $500 dollars a month coming in from my website income.

Should I:
1) Travel around and have fun now, while looking for a better place to live?
2) Work on increasing my online passive income with more web projects and promotions?
3) Look for freelancing jobs to earn more money?

What do you think?.
You are a Chinaman. You should go live in China. You could probably find a simple peasant woman there with whom to spread your seed, and then Angelo would have a stepsibling.

As a native English speaker - and especially someone who knows a little Chinese - you could easily become an English teacher. Teaching English is not hard at all. You just get up in front of a class and explain how to speak English - in English. And when you do conversational English, you just shoot the shit the whole time. The only stress involved is getting your fat azz up and going to school. And China is dying for native English speakers.

If I liked Chinese women, I'd be there in a heartbeat. As it stand I like white women, so I am in Eastern Europe.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MatureDJ wrote: You are a Chinaman. You should go live in China. You could probably find a simple peasant woman there with whom to spread your seed, and then Angelo would have a stepsibling.

As a native English speaker - and especially someone who knows a little Chinese - you could easily become an English teacher. Teaching English is not hard at all. You just get up in front of a class and explain how to speak English - in English. And when you do conversational English, you just shoot the shit the whole time. The only stress involved is getting your fat azz up and going to school. And China is dying for native English speakers.

If I liked Chinese women, I'd be there in a heartbeat. As it stand I like white women, so I am in Eastern Europe.
LOL why a simple peasant woman? Why not an aristocratic woman? lol

Teaching English is not hard? Haven't you heard that the number one fear of people is public speaking? The first time I got up in front of a class in Moscow, I was terrified beyond words, to have all those faces looking at you. It puts you on the spot and you immediately feel tons of pressure to perform. It wasn't difficult, but it was psychologically terrifying. I don't know why this isn't talked about here.

Btw, China would consider me a Chinese person who learned English, not as a native speaker. The only true native speakers to them are WHITE native speakers. That's Chinese mentality. It wouldn't matter how good my English was, even if I printed out my essays and fan quotes from this site to show off. lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Winston wrote:Teaching English is not hard? Haven't you heard that the number one fear of people is public speaking? The first time I got up in front of a class in Moscow, I was terrified beyond words, to have all those faces looking at you. It puts you on the spot and you immediately feel tons of pressure to perform. It wasn't difficult, but it was psychologically terrifying. I don't know why this isn't talked about here.
When was this!? I thought you were just a tourist in Russia, how was a classroom involved? Can you post the links where I can read your free stories. I want to go through them before I buy your ebook.

The reason fear of public speaking isn't talked about is probably because the fear of teaching goes away after the first or second day once you get in the groove. I doubt most teachers are any better at public speaking than anyone else. Public speaking in front of new audiences everytime, especially when you're trying to be motivational or 'sell' an idea, is different then teaching and requires training and practice.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Northamericanguy wrote:

Yes sir I do because the Corby incident goes very deep, it's somehow connected to the Bali bombings, East Timor, and the corrupt Australian/Indonesian governments. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyUGkjZxDqk

Corby is some kind of political prisoner held hostage by the Indonesian government. It could have happened to anybody and it almost happened to another person. I saw a news footage where a middle aged white couple went to Indonesia on vacation and when they opened their bags in Indonesia they found a loaf of bread size of weed rapped up in their luggage.

Luckily they went to the Australian embassy in Indonesia FIRST where they told them to not tell any Indonesian police and flush it down the toilet otherwise they would be arrested and imprisoned.

F*** that, I'm not going to a place where I could easily be set up for life and the penalty is death, life imprisonment, or 20 years . Anyhow, if anything, this reminds me to ALWAYS HAVE A LOCK ON MY LUGGAGE!!

Well I guess I have to take my chances with a locked-up luggage because I always wanted some of that "Indo" that those women have there. :O)
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

E_Irizarry wrote:
Northamericanguy wrote:

Well I guess I have to take my chances with a locked-up luggage because I always wanted some of that "Indo" that those women have there. :O)

I found one more quote you might be interested in on another video:

"You'd be pleased to know then that Smart Traveller, the web site that informs tourists on the risks and customs of other countries, warned people not to go to Indonesia. They put it right up there with Iraq as the most dangerous country to visit, said how drugs being planted on tourists and trafficking carries the death penalty as the reason. The anger was so bad Australians were even demanding a refund on donations for the floods, and the long held fears of a war were brought up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n9O6TRR ... re=related

Smart Travel link: http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/ ... /Indonesia
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

I always put locks on my luggage zippers cause I had stuff stolen from my bags in the Philippines before. People who don't lock their luggage are asking for thieves to steal from you or potentially plant things in them without your knowledge. Better safe than sorry.

BTW, after reading about various countries on that website, almost every country is extremely dangerous to the Australian embassy. they make the Philippines sound like everybody that goes there needs to fear for their life, even USA they make it out as some dangerous place!

Government info is more fear propaganda bullshit half the time.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

odbo wrote:
Winston wrote:Teaching English is not hard? Haven't you heard that the number one fear of people is public speaking? The first time I got up in front of a class in Moscow, I was terrified beyond words, to have all those faces looking at you. It puts you on the spot and you immediately feel tons of pressure to perform. It wasn't difficult, but it was psychologically terrifying. I don't know why this isn't talked about here.
When was this!? I thought you were just a tourist in Russia, how was a classroom involved? Can you post the links where I can read your free stories. I want to go through them before I buy your ebook.

The reason fear of public speaking isn't talked about is probably because the fear of teaching goes away after the first or second day once you get in the groove. I doubt most teachers are any better at public speaking than anyone else. Public speaking in front of new audiences everytime, especially when you're trying to be motivational or 'sell' an idea, is different then teaching and requires training and practice.
In 2005. Yes you can download my free journals of Russia at the Blogs tab above. Here are the direct links. The incident of me teaching English in Moscow is mentioned in the 2004 journal.

http://www.happierabroad.com/RussiaJournals2002.doc

http://www.happierabroad.com/RussiaJournals2003.doc

http://www.happierabroad.com/RussiaJournals2004.doc

Be warned though, some of the stories in the 2003 and 2004 journals are VERY blood boiling.
Last edited by Winston on March 1st, 2012, 12:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

pete98146 wrote:
Nah, don't move back to Washington State!!! If you thought it sucked when you lived here before you should see it now!!! Living rent free in Taiwan would be an excellent option. This allows you to visit other parts of asia (China, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia). You'll then get a true appreciation for each country allowing you to evalulate whether this continent is your final retirement destination.
I didn't say move back to Washington. I meant to just hang out there for a while, a month or two. Yeah you are right. Taiwan is a good strategic base point for Asia. But right now, the reason I am in the mood to go to Washington is this:

I am having multiple weird health problems due to the extreme heat, humidity and pollution here. In Washington, the air is infinitely better, fresher and colder than in Asia and Taiwan. I never got sick in Washington. Every day there I never felt normal, never sluggish and I never had a problem getting my errands done. My body and mind functioned at full capacity there. So I think spending some time there would help rejuvenate my damaged health and possibly repair some of the damage as well.

Basically, the climate there is a million times better for me than here. I am not a tropical climate type of guy. Not at all. So even Taiwan's weather is not ideal for me.

Right now, I have headaches a lot, mysterious fevers at night, and sometimes black stools too. My liver enzymes are elevated, and my acid reflux is flaring up and annoying too. So I have a lot of weird symptoms. And my body feels like it's burning up inside too, like heat is trapped in my body. I think going to Washington would help me heal faster, in an environment that I have always been healthy in in the past.

My logic is that if I was very healthy there in the past with no problems, then by going back, I will be healthy again. Not sure if that's sound reasoning or not, but it seems to make sense to me.

And also I can eat better food there. There are a lot more food choices for vegetarians there, even more so than in Taiwan. I can go to the supermarket and get veggie hotdogs, veggie turkey, veggie breakfast sausage, veggie bacon, veggie sloppy joe, etc. all of which are delicious and can't be found in the PI or Taiwan. Asia has nothing like Trader Joe's, for instance, or great Mexican food, which in the US is around every corner.

And it's easier to send money to Dianne from there too, as Xoom.com only allows you to send money from the US now. Also, there are more parks, trails and recreational grounds for me to exercise in in Washington than in Taiwan, where I don't have much opportunity to exercise. The air is also humid in Taiwan, which makes me not want to go out. So I am not in the mood to go for walks there like I am in Washington.

I miss how in Washington I woke up everyday and felt normal, not sluggish. When I had an errand to do, I could drive around and get it done without feeling sluggish, reluctant to go out, or distracted. I was in full control of my day there. Even though I was lonely, I was healthy at least, and my body functioned far better and optimally than it does here.

That is why I am yearning to go back to Washington. Do you understand my thoughts and reasons now?

AC has left me a wreck. It has the WORST weather I've ever experienced and is the DIRTIEST environment I ever lived in. Now it's putting my life at risk. All for what? Nothing?! What a waste of life!

I've wasted too much of my time here. I can't even think or concentrate clearly. So my mental capacity is compromised here, as well as my health.

I hope that puts things in perspective for you?

Any of you here living in Washington now? If so, maybe we can meet up?