Why I'm tired of living in Angeles City, where to move to?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Winston wrote:Several sources:

1) Russian women told me, and Russian men too.
2) The forum members here told me too, including a guy from Ukraine called have2fly. See here: viewtopic.php?t=2533
3) My experiences in being rejected by them on the spot.

An expat's wife in Crimea once told him behind my back that "There's no way in hell Winston can ever get a real Russian wife. He's just too unmanly looking. Russian women can never go for that."

A black guy has a better chance cause some Ukrainian women do like black men. But Asians have less of a chance.

Kristine, a Ukrainian American woman on this forum, wrote regarding this issue:

viewtopic.php?t=2533

It's so bad that even in brothels I went to in Russia and Poland, the white women did not want me and refused me.

So I know from experience.

I don't know if things have changed now. There are many nice girls there, but they will mostly want me for friendship and cultural exchange, not for real romance. They simply aren't attracted to Asian men, especially if he's not tall and athletic looking.

So I'd probably have fun there, but not be taken seriously. In Russia, I had the same experience. I met thousands of girls who were friendly and open to me, but they did not take me seriously as a date or romantic prospect.

But anyhow, I'm more attracted to Asian women than white women now anyway :)

That being said, Mark, if any Asian guy on your tour ever proves me wrong, please let us know :)
It seems pretty simple to me. Go to the central-asian republics if you want Russian women who are used to asian guys. Or the eastern parts of Russia where there are more asians than anyone else. Women have their biological desires, but they are also very stupid. If there were some Chinese dramas running on tv, overnight 1/2 of those girls who ignored you would want to be with you. It's just like a black guy has more opportunity in Brazil or Equador because they are used to black people there, (compared to some other South American nations). Or like a white guy would find it easier in South Africa.

And Winston, you're an absolute clown when it comes to taking advice. Arguing about soy? Really? Anything to avoid changing your habits! I've mentioned how bad soy is for you at least 10 times on here. Soy is nature's excitotoxin, which means it works like aspartame or msg and kills your braincells. Which means you get slightly dumber everytime you consume it. Just like diet soda or any other product using aspartame. Most soy, like most corn, comes from the USA or Argentina and is not even natural but genetically modified! It has high ammounts of estrogen, which helps effeminate you and makes it easy to put on weight. It's largely responsible for the obesity epidemic. Soy is also very hard to digest. They started feeding soy products to the inmates of one prison in the USA and within a few days everyone became physically ill, basically laying in the fetal position all day. Test this out by eating one or two servings of soy beans (totalling 200-300 calories) and you'll have to lie down from a severe stomach ache.

Look, let me spell it out for you. The U.S. media advocates Soy as a "health" product. When was the last time the mainstream media said anything that was true? AVOID SOY FOOD like tofu, because you get more than enough of it in packaged foods. At least check if it is fermented which is much less unhealthy.
Last edited by odbo on July 23rd, 2011, 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Well-informed, you're right; I do have to concur where respect is due.

Although I feel that he gave you tough love here, he didn't totally diss you; he just didn't exhibit how he felt to you in a bouquet of high-grade flowers.

Winston, me personally, I respect you as the founder of this site, and even though you feel that I'm out there, you provide a refuge for us to share and receive cointel knowledge.

So don't take this as the sounding of the death knell that was made for you when some of us here give you constructive criticism.
Last edited by E_Irizarry on July 24th, 2011, 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

E_Irizarry wrote: Winston, me personally, I respect you as the founder of this site, and even though you feel that I'm out there, you provide a refuge for us to share and receive cointel knowledge.
+1
well-informed
Freshman Poster

E_Irizarry + 1 million

Post by well-informed »

Mano im cool with you lol. Tu eres unos de los hombres mas entretenidos aqui. Tengo mi respecto contigo. No se escribir espanol tan bien hehe. You're bring the positive energy here in the forum all the time. I love that shit hermano keep it up
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Mark Edward Davis wrote:Winston:
It appears that your choice is either to find gainful employment in your place of choice in the US and restore health, or compromise with your $500/month income and live in Ukraine. Nikolaev or Kherson are not as cold as Kiev or Russia, and provide very reasonable cost of living ROI where the currency exchange with the dollar is 7.95 to $1. If getting easy dates is a high priority to you then it would be Ukraine.
You are still young. You could chose to work in the US for a year or two and then move to another country again. As far as furnishings go, etc. You can rent furnished places in Ukraine or find a cool single guy roommate in the US. I don't see this as a philosophical exercise, but logistical. Create a Ben Franklin pros/cons list of your options; pick one and go. Life is about having new stories and experiences. Go.
Mark
Static exchange rates are meaningless. I can get nearly 80 Japanese Yen with my might US$ now. So I guess Japan much be super-cheap. And in S. Korea, I get over 1,000 Won to my buck, wow. But...a metered taxi ride from Narita Airport to central Tokyo costs over 30,000 Yen or US$375!

What has been the exchange rate trend between US$ and Hryvnia over past few years? And how high has local inflation been during this same period? Even if currency is weakening against US$, the country would still be getting more expensive if inflation is too high. Bottom line is, what do things cost today in US$ terms:
- 1 night in a decent (clean, climate controlled, safe, conveniently located, w/free high speed wireless internet) hotel in one of the main cities?
- A meal out at a regular local restaurant?
- Taxis to/from airport or around town (per km)?
- Per day cost to rent a car and park it near hotel?
- Average wage for uni graduate, blue colar worker, etc?

Oh, what is a 'cost of living ROI'?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Good News!

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:"
PS - To those of you who think that I ruined my health and not the environment, let me tell you this. In the US, my health was BETTER THAN AVERAGE. I have never broken a bone in my life, even when I played tennis everyday in the 1990's. And I've never even had an injury from playing tennis, whereas every player I know HAS had an injury from playing tennis at some point. And everyone I know has broken a bone at some point in their life too. Heck, if you all remember, last year Rock went for a simple jog in Taipei and fractured his foot, just like that. How come that never happened to me? Therefore, this says that my health problems are probably environmentally caused, especially in a toxic, polluted, hot, humid place like Angeles City, where I'm always sweating, fatigued and have no energy, and am VERY uncomfortable. Isn't that the logical conclusion here?
It wasn't a simple jog. I was doing short distance sprints (400 meters) with very limited rest in between. If you run them hard and fast, it is a very intense type of actiivity, nothing like jogging.

Here is a link on stress fractures to give you an idea about what I suffered: http://www.runnersrescue.com/Metatarsal ... unning.htm

Actually, my case was worse because it was not just a stress fracture but a cleanly broken bone due to collapsing on my foot in exhaustion in the wrong positin, having it turn sharply inwards, and having the tendon cut hard into the 5 metatrsal bone. It took awhile to recover from that but I've been back to full running speed for many months now. The cause of my fracture was 1. a sudden increase speed work 2. weakened bones due to extreme diet coke drinking (7-9 cans a day) and vitamin D deficiency. I stopped coke and all soft drinks cold turkey and started taking 10,000 IUs of vitamin D per day since then. I will get a revised bone density test done in a few more months.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

BTW Winston, just looking at you and considering your race, I'm pretty sure you have healthy bone density. Osteoporosis or well below average bone densitiy (less severe) afflicts East Asians less than whites for some reason and tends to be a bigger risk for overly thin people. But you really should get your heart checked cus there could be some issues there. So many people these days have heart problems and have no idea until something hits them suddenly. Many of them are very young too. If you are serious about wanting to recover your health when back in US, don't indulge too much in the fattening foods. Just because you were healthy there in your 20s does not mean you can do excactly the same things and have the same results at your present age. The treadmill speed is increasing. You will probably have to put in a bit more effort to achieve the same health you had there as a young man. Good luck.
steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

My 2 cents worth......

I think there really is a valid possibility that all these years in AC has taken a toll on Winston. Ive been to Angeles city 6 times now and just after 2 weeks, I was ready to get the hell out of there. I love the natural authentic vibe there and the sweet girls, but the physical environment is brutal. I've stated in my U tube interview with S. Hoca that I admit I'm too much of a p***y in regards to being capable of adjusting to a harsh 3rd world environment like the Phils. Some guys can adjust to anything and those are the types who live in AC now. I can see how it can take a heavy toll on mind and body if you are not used to that kind of environment. Winston is right about the pollution and other complaints he has about AC. I cant understand how anyone can live in that environment unless you grew up in it.

Winston needs to get out of there for a while, (4 to 18 months?), at least long enough till he starts to get tired of the US scene again like he inevitibly will. He needs to mentally and physically rejuvinate and recharge.

When it comes to pollution, certain people are more sensitive than others. I think maybe all these years of breathing in the pollutants are having a toxic effect on Winston. He just needs to escape for a while and get back to his old self and maybe he will be capable of living another stretch of years in AC.

I cant comment about the possible effects of a vegetarian diet, but I cant see how not eating meats is a good thing. The caveman ate meats and its part of what our bodies are accustomed to. Most people who I know that are vegetarians are that way for religious reasons. I cant fathom why anyone would avoid tasty and healthy meats as part of a healthy diet if not for religious reasons.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: So the come to Washington then

Post by Winston »

well-informed wrote:Come to WA then, go do the things that you "claim" you once did in the 1990's. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't even do a quarter of what you say do today

1990's winston : 4 minutes of jogging 1990's winston: can play tennis for 4 sets
2011 winston : 1 minute of jogging 2011 winston : can play tennis for only a set

The problem isn't the environment, the problem is YOU Winston.. IT'S YOU. Come back to Washington and you'll see that you can't do the things that you once did. Moving from place to place isn't going to change anything at all. That's the thing about you, as soon as someone disagrees with you, you go post a whole page on why you're right.. when you're not.

You think Washington is going to change the fact that
1. You've gotten older, slower and weaker. That's your next excuse you're not going to blame yourself, you're going to blame nature for making the great Winston older in age
2. You've gotten lazier, excuses and more excuses
3. Horrible diet and using the facade of being "vegetarian" as a way to justify that you're healthy, when you're clearly not. Nice one let's eat more brownies
4. You don't have the self-will/determination to make your body healthy. Now you've gotten to the point of no return. Winston do you even have testerone left in your body? I'm sorry if i hurt your feelings

Unless you yourself change, then you're going to stay the same. Please don't even go about your great exaggerated immune system, because i can't even remember the last time i was sick. Heck if i was in Angeles i would work out at home (something you should have been doing the whole time). I'm not into the american victim-blaming mentality, its just i call it like i see it. All i see and hear are excuses and whining on your part. So please tell everyone how i'm wrong and after your WA trip you're going to become Olympic athlete you always were :)

*By the way therapists do tell people what to do with their lives ok. It's of no help actually.
You're such a load of shit and you lie too. I ought to kick your ass.

I never said I played 4 sets of tennis in WA and CA. I said I played regularly. In Angeles, when I tried to play tennis, I could only play three games before I was exhausted and drenched in sweat. It was horrible.

Why do you not think it's the environment? Based on what asinine logic? Where are your qualifications? Why should I consider you credible at all? You're just a dickface on the internet.

If you do some research, you will find many stories of people whose health improved after moving to nicer climates. That is not farfetched or hard to believe. So what the f**k is your problem?

Oh hey wait! I found something! Look at this!

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/wheat3.htm
Heat and humidity add up to danger

High humidity makes heat more dangerous because it slows the evaporation of perspiration – the body's natural cooler.

To use the chart below to find the danger level at a particular time and place, type in the name of a city or town anywhere in the world in the box at the bottom of this page. Click the "Go" button to see a report of the place's latest weather conditions and forecasts Use the Fahrenheit temperature and the relative humidity in the current conditions report with the chart below to find the apparent temperature.

Links to more information are below the chart.

Also look at this!

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/wheat1.htm
Heat, humidity add up to danger

The elderly and ill aren't the only people that heat kills. It also kills healthy young people, usually because they do not recognize the dangers of exercising in hot weather, especially hot, humid weather.
When heat and humidity combine to slow evaporation of sweat from the body, outdoor exercise becomes dangerous even for those in good shape.
Oh get a load of this too!

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... _87854525/
The way weather affects your health; believe it or not, high humidity can aggravate arthritis, and a warm wind may bring on a migraine. Here's how the weather can influence you physically and mentally - Our Planet and Your Health

Temperature's Toll

Hundreds of studies link temperature, humidity, air pressure, or wind to arthritis, asthma, migraines, and other ailments. But most experts say the strongest evidence exists for the effect of temperature on your health.

When temperatures rise, heart, vascular, and respiratory problems increase, says Scott Sheridan, Ph.D., a climatology professor at Kent State University in Kent, Ohio. High temperatures force your blood vessels to constrict and your blood pressure to increase so you can release excess heat through your skin, according to Larry Kalkstein, Ph.D., a professor at the University of Delaware's Center for Climatic Research in Newark. But if you can't cool yourself sufficiently in this way, your body overheats. This exacerbates any cardiovascular problems and may cause heat stress.

In warmer weather, respiratory troubles may result from poor air quality. Scientists know that on hot, sunny days, compounds from car exhausts and industrial pollution interact with sunlight to form ozone. Ozone can inflame your airways and reduce lung function, says Susan Stone, an environmental health scientist for the Environmental Protection Agency in Research Triangle Park, N.C. In a study published in the Lancet early this year, researchers observed 3,535 healthy children for five years. They found that kids playing sports outside when ozone levels were high had a higher risk of asthma.

Humidity's Sticky Situations

Just like temperature, humidity plays a key role in your well-being. In the Argentine study, the researchers concluded that high humidity contributed to flare-ups of both osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. (Humidity was not linked to fibromyalgia.) Researchers aren't sure why humidity appears to increase aches. However, they do know why hot, humid days can cause fatigue. Normally, your body perspires to cool you down when temperatures are high, according to Malek. But if the humidity is also high, you're trapped in a moist environment where your sweat can't evaporate and escape from your skin. This causes you to expend extra energy, which can leave you feeling sluggish or fatigued.
BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you say now? You've just been PWNED! See what an idiot you are now?

I ought to ban you for three days again, unless you apologize and admit that you were foolish for saying that weather and temperature have nothing to do with health!

Now you've just been bitch-slapped!

Mr S,
You too claimed that weather and environment only have a miniscule affect on health, and that only out of shape people, ill people, and elderly people are affected by weather, and therefore, my problems are not environment related but caused by my own bad habits. Now you've been PWNED too. Will you be a man and admit that you erred in saying that? Or will you be a typical macho PI expat who is arrogant, dominating, know it all, insensitive and never admits that he's wrong? If so, then women do have a justification for claiming that men are stubborn, since you would be an example.
Last edited by Winston on July 24th, 2011, 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston, you don't need to get agreement or approval from the forum for you life decisions. Just make your decisions and follow through on them. Why get in all these heated debates over what you decide to do?

BTW, how is it that you can stay in your parent's house in Washington when its rented-out? Or have your tenants left? What do you do for transportation?

I agree with you that the States generally offers a much better quality of life in many ways than most of Asia. The US has a very low population density so there is plenty of space and fresh air. I really like most of the more modern neigbborhoods too. And I would argue that on a value-for-money basis, real estate in much of the US is cheaper than most anywhere else in the world now. Sure, you can buy a cheap house out in the sticks of the Philippines or perhaps even near an urban area for US$20-40K. But construction quality is shoddy, the interiors are not installed, and the place will generally look like some 3rd world hole. In the US, you can get some amazing condos today for well under US$100K, fully fitted with appliances and full interiors.

Personally, I prefer the weather in SoCal, Arizona, Las Vegas, Florida, etc. The frequent rains in Washinton depress me. But each to their own. BTW, my aunt lives in Redmond.
Last edited by Rock on July 24th, 2011, 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

Gotta hand it to ya Winston, you sure know how to dig up facts when you need to. Now that you own these guys, what shall you name them? Mini me? Ba ha ha ha ha :lol:
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Mark Edward Davis wrote:Who told you Ukrainian women are not attracted to Asian men? My black bro, Law Jackson, was told that they hated black men and were continual victims of violent crime. Jeez, what a load of crap!
He's glad he didn't listen and went anyway. Said he always felt safe and got LOTS of female attention and married to an amazing 25 year old blonde and they just had their first baby. A good guy can find tons of female attention in Ukraine and they are among the most beautiful in the world.
Mark
Come-on Mark. About every account on this forum regarding E. Asians visiting western Russia, Ukraine, and similar areas for romance has been negative. The only exception was a report from an Asian guy who claimed to be very masculine and good looking. Discrimination against non-whites and romantic attraction are 2 separate issues. Many Russians still dislike blacks and other non-whites. But that doesn't mean they won't be drawn towards attractive black guys in a physcial way. Winston has mentioned in his travel journals that Russian and Ukrainian women tend to be attracted to guys who are bigger and/or taller and more masculine. Asian guys will need a compensating factor to make-up for their race. And Winston is failry picky. He may get lucky and attract one or two outliers. But I bet you they won't be the ones he's intersted in.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: So the come to Washington then

Post by OutWest »

Weather can of course have a huge impact on a person's health, especially in extremes. I cannot imagine living in AC as long as you have.
I would find the place a huge morale buster. It has all the extremes with few compensating factors. I detest all of metro-Manila so much,
I never fly that way- usually taking Cathay Pacific out of Cebu instead( Cebu to HK)...much much better.

I have tropical heat in Mindanao, but I also have compensating factors. Besides being a bit higher in elevation and a bit cooler, I live in a
pretty unpolluted area, with natural fresh foods of all kinds readily available, many of them grown right at home. The air is clean and
it is quiet, and I have a quite satisfying relationship with my bride. These things add up to minimize the down sides of tropical weather for me.
AC and all that goes with it? No thanks.

You can get back to WA state while it is still summer and enjoy a Northwest August...

Outwest
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote:Winston, you don't need to get agreement or approval from the forum for you life decisions. Just make your decisions and follow through on them. Why get in all these heated debates over what you decide to do?

BTW, how is it that you can stay in your parent's house in Washington when its rented-out? Or have your tenants left? What do you do for transportation?

I agree with you that the States generally offers a much better quality of life in many ways than most of Asia. The US has a very low population density so there is plenty of space and fresh air. I really like most of the more modern neigbborhoods too. And I would argue that on a value-for-money basis, real estate in much of the US is cheaper than most anywhere else in the world now. Sure, you can buy a cheap house out in the sticks of the Philippines or perhaps even near an urban area for US$20-40K. But construction quality is shoddy, the interiors are not installed, and the place will generally look like some 3rd world hole. In the US, you can get some amazing condos today for well under US$100K, fully fitted with appliances and full interiors.

Personally, I prefer the weather in SoCal, Arizona, Las Vegas, Florida, etc. The frequent rains in Washinton depress me. But each to their own. BTW, my aunt lives in Redmond.
I know. But I don't understand why some guys here are arrogant buttheads? Why can't they be rational and objective like me? Why are they like that? It makes what western women say about guys seem true.

To claim that weather doesn't affect health, unless you're out of shape, is very foolish as well as stupid. I'm shocked that the freethinkers here would say that.

Yeah the tenants that were renting our home in Washington have moved out. So I can make use of the house now. We have a car in the garage. That would be my transportation.

You are right about the USA. In WA we have thousands of trails, parks and mountains. The fresh alpine air will definitely revitalize me. But the bottom line is that my health was much better there and I rarely got sick or had any health problems, whereas here in the PI, the health problems are constant and annoying.

The weather in Las Vegas and Florida are brutal. I would not prefer those areas. Plus Las Vegas is all commercial and not conducive to spirituality at all. The rain in WA can be depressing after a few months, but it doesn't bother me that much. At least the rain feels fresh and invigorating on your face. I like standing out in the fresh rain anyway.

Btw, you're right. It seems that every white guy I've known has broken a bone at some point in their life. I've seen tons of white guys in crutches. I don't know why it doesn't happen to Asians as much.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote:
Mark Edward Davis wrote:Who told you Ukrainian women are not attracted to Asian men? My black bro, Law Jackson, was told that they hated black men and were continual victims of violent crime. Jeez, what a load of crap!
He's glad he didn't listen and went anyway. Said he always felt safe and got LOTS of female attention and married to an amazing 25 year old blonde and they just had their first baby. A good guy can find tons of female attention in Ukraine and they are among the most beautiful in the world.
Mark
Come-on Mark. About every account on this forum regarding E. Asians visiting western Russia, Ukraine, and similar areas for romance has been negative. The only exception was a report from an Asian guy who claimed to be very masculine and good looking. Discrimination against non-whites and romantic attraction are 2 separate issues. Many Russians still dislike blacks and other non-whites. But that doesn't mean they won't be drawn towards attractive black guys in a physcial way. Winston has mentioned in his travel journals that Russian and Ukrainian women tend to be attracted to guys who are bigger and/or taller and more masculine. Asian guys will need a compensating factor to make-up for their race. And Winston is failry picky. He may get lucky and attract one or two outliers. But I bet you they won't be the ones he's intersted in.
True, but I'm sure I'd have fun in Ukraine. I look like an oddity there, an Asian guy speaking Russian and English, and it arouses girls' curiosity. They will go to coffee with me, taking me on a walking tour of the city, have meals at my expense lol, and take me to the disco maybe too. They did that in 2002 when I was there. Plus, for some reason, the Ukrainian girls had no problem introducing me to their family, whereas Russian girls rarely ever did.

But yeah, I'm not gonna get taken seriously for love or romance.

However, Mark is right that with the great exchange rate there, I could probably live in Ukraine on my income. The visa issue is easy to deal with there, and plus since I speak basic Russian, I can function there without much of a language barrier.

Yeah in Russia, I finally found someone who liked me, Alina in Yoshkar-Ola. But she was more like a simple Filipina than a Russian girl. She had no sense of adventure, no curiosity, was a homebody, and very bland and simple. Just my luck huh? I never attract the types that are compatible with me. As I've always said, Murphy's Law rules my life, not God. lol

Just before I left Russia, I did meet this nice sweet cute blonde who seemed to like me. As you can see, I look normal and healthy when I'm not exposed to constant heat and humidity and pollution. The pic below says it all. Incidentally, in Russia, during the whole 12-13 months that I was there, I never needed to see a doctor. Why do you think that is?

Last edited by Winston on July 24th, 2011, 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.