Why I'm tired of living in Angeles City, where to move to?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Phoenix Sosa,
What's wrong with calling a child a monster? If he ACTS like one, then people have a right to call him that. If he acts like an angel, then people can call him an angel too. Simple as that.

What do you want, that we impose censorship here against taboos? I thought this forum was all about truth? Why should we forbid criticism of children, just because it's a taboo to say bad about them, no matter how true?

Are you suggesting that we start upholding taboos and stop truth and free speech?

Other guys have said far worse things.

Globetrotter was a total idiot and a typical know it all expat. Even though he hasn't met my son, he claimed to know everything about him, including why he was misbehaving. He claimed it was because I wasn't there for him, which was not true. He doesn't care that much if I'm not there. My absence does not make my son suffer. The reason he misbehaves is because Dianne spoils him and treats him like a king and gives in to his every tantrum and whim. She can't help it. I've seen it. That's why he misbehaves.

When he is alone with me in a room, he NEVER whines or throws tantrums, cause he knows I will not respond to them. But when Dianne is in the room, then he acts like a spoiled whiny bratty kid who wants everything his way. He knows he can control her, so he shows his worst side around her. But not around me.

That's the reason. I've seen it and it's obvious.

So, GLOBETROTTER WAS WRONG! Yet he acted like a typical know it all expat and pretended to be an expert psychologist, when he wasn't. He pretended to know a toddler that he had NEVER met or talked to!

How stupid was that?! Wasn't that dumb? So why do expats like him do that? Why do they pretend to be experts and know it alls even when they are not qualified? That's why I hate them and their attitude. They are so hard to get along with.

But I guess since you're a bully who wants to bring me down, every asshole expat is right and I'm wrong right?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

Yep that's exactly what your self-esteem is...... a bunch of quotes and affirmations from strangers who love the website, not the real Winston Wu. Heck how many of these people would still say nice things about you, if they knew who you really are. I'm not saying names here, but i know from my gut that some forum members here don't even bother detesting you or speaking out against you because it's pointless. It's a battle that will never be won and they risk getting banned for it by you. Not that they are pussies, not at all on the contrary they're good cool guys who love the website and contribute great knowledge to the forum. Just because someone doesn't agree with you or isn't a Winston Wu fan it doesn't mean that they're dumb and wrong. Funny how you call yourself a free-thinking soul who loves to debunk taboos in society. Is it taboo to disagree with Winston Wu?

I've only had my cursing rant with you and odbo for a while but now that's over and i've stopped cursing. I don't have any problems with forum members here and if they do, i apologize for my previous actions. Believe its hard not to curse at you when you're calling me stupid, idiot,loser and all these other names when i attempt to tell you some truth. I don't even talk about obdo anymore, he's not changing me and i'm not changing him (Beef squashed) that's fine. So again after the ban i haven't done much to cause hate.

First of all in your pics in Russia and US. You had no muscles, you were just skinny with a little plump face. Normal looking asian guy, nothing special to marvel at. You also have to take account that you were younger and less prone to health isssues. Coming back to the US, isn't going to make you look and feel 25 again, that's all i'm saying. You also have to look at your diet as well, which it's spotty at best. So don't expect to be magically healthy now, just because you're coming in the states. You have to do your part, if you don't then you're just going to be stuck in the same endless paradigm of complaining,whining about the same thing when it comes to your health.

But no don't listen to me i'm always wrong, i'm just an abrasive peasant who's always wrong. Sir Winston Wu is always right
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Phoenix Sosa wrote:I never asked you for your information. I found it silly for you to even ask such a retarded question. Your resume and your references don't matter to me. Contact my references? To find out if I have a history of lying...? This is one of your main problems, Winston. If I say some of my friends say I am a white guy in a black guy's body, this must be scientifically proven. This just can't be an opinion. Everything doesn't have to have proof, man. I think you are a hypocrite (my main criticism of you), a p***y, etc. but that is an opinion. When I or others insult you, you feel it's the truth. I don't know you from a can of paint, but I have read your biography and your posts on here to know well enough about you.

Another problem you have is when someone agrees with you, then that's the honest truth, no lies. If someone disagrees with you, they are liars, dishonest, immoral, etc. Agree with Winston, cool. Disagree with Winston, you need ABCDEFG.

I am not giving you my real name. Are you going to background check me now? Yeah, those words didn't pop up in my Google search. I read the things people said about you and that was what they said.

I am not posting my pseudonym I use for Demand Studios, but I will post one of my articles. These articles are not rocket science. This article is about making an account for some video game.

Dead Frontier is a free "survival horror" Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORG) developed and released by Jagged Blade Games in April 2008. Dead Frontier is similar to Resident Evil, a popular survival horror video game franchise by Capcom. Dead Frontier is set in an apocalyptic world and you must kill infected zombies in order to survive in FairView City, the primary location of the game. In order to play Dead Frontier, you must register an account on Dead Frontier. You do not have to pay anything to to register.

Go to the Dead Frontier website and then click "Play Now."

Click the "Create New Account" link on Dead Frontier.

Enter the required registration information such as e-mail, username, password and verification code. You enter a 5-digit or a combination of five letters or numbers to verify if you are a human.

Add a checkmark to the "I Agree" box to agree to the terms of service and then click "Register" to register an account on Dead Frontier. The next step is to create your character you are going to play with on the game. Enter your username for the character and then customize the character's appearance. Click "Done" to begin playing Dead Frontier.

^^^Award-winning isn't it? That's it. This is 2011. People have been working at home since the beginning of time. But, but, but a 26-year old black guy cant' write for a website at his home and making $3,000 a month though. It's so good to be true! It is not like 13,000 other writers don't do the same thing I am doing on the same site.

You asked me how come I haven't fled the US? Unlike yourself, I am saving money, and doing other things before I leave. I have to do things like get a vasectomy, so I won't make the mistake you made by bringing an innocent kid into this world and you don't even want to be his father. I don't want kids, so I am getting a vasectomy. I am also getting LASIK surgery. Things I have to take care of. I am being smart, being a planner and saving money. Things you should have done.

Winston, unlike you, some people want somethings to remain private online. All of this contacting references and all of this bullshit is not even necessary. I have never heard of someone asking someone else to contact references on a damn forum. I am not getting a job offer from you, so you don't deserve any of that. Winston, you post all of your shit online for the world to see. Many people with a functional brain are not as stupid.

About these quotes of Winston Wu by other people: I find it absurd. People sucking your dick and you get an orgasm when people do that. It reaks of narcissism. Like you want others to worship you. What they say about you is 100% truth, but someone like me that thinks you are a hypocrite, then I am the liar because Johnny Blowjob from Ohio said you were highly intelligent and charismatic.

I drag this forum down? You know who drives this forum down? Winston Wu. That's the person that drives this forum down. 90% of your posts is about the Philippines being horrible, but you continue to stay there.

Wield your ban hammer all you want, man. No one can ever have a discussion with you unless you become the victor. You must always win.
Damn, you are oversensitive and take everything personally. I would have said that you had an inferiority complex, but one time you told me that you never experienced racism before. When I showed that to my friends, they said you were in denial.

You did ask me for my references and resume. See your previous post.

I didn't ask for proof that you're a white guy in a black body. I just wanted to see how brave you are about giving out your references so I can check your character and credibility. I'm sure you have nothing bad in your past, right? lol

Unlike you, I back up and support all my claims.

Well people who tell the truth are often ridiculed. We both know that. See these quotes:

http://www.happierabroad.com/Quotes_Insanity.htm

Is that a whole article you wrote for Demand Studios? So you only wrote those few sentences and got $15 for it? Man. Demand Studios must be the highest paying freelance site ever.

I ought to join them and see if it's really that easy.

Why don't you want to have kids? Doesn't having a vasectomy make you feel less of a man? Will sperm still come out when you ejaculate?

Well if you are really making $3000 a month as a freelancer, you can live anywhere. You can come to the PI right now and do your work here. Why wait? You can get airline tickets for as low as $600.

http://www.bt-store.com

Just because you don't have quotes about you, doesn't mean that my quotes are absurd.

I've already taken steps to move out of AC. Now can you stop bothering me with these stupid posts so I can get necessary work done? You're wasting my time.

Again, answer my question please:

I didn't do shit to you. All I did was state a fact, that the weather and environment here in AC are wrecking my health and that I need to get out. That is the truth. So what is your problem with that? Why do you have to turn this into a debate or mudsling? Why can't you accept the fact, and let it go? What is our key dispute here about?
Last edited by Winston on July 24th, 2011, 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

well-informed wrote:Yep that's exactly what your self-esteem is...... a bunch of quotes and affirmations from strangers who love the website, not the real Winston Wu. Heck how many of these people would still say nice things about you, if they knew who you really are. I'm not saying names here, but i know from my gut that some forum members here don't even bother detesting you or speaking out against you because it's pointless. It's a battle that will never be won and they risk getting banned for it by you. Not that they are pussies, not at all on the contrary they're good cool guys who love the website and contribute great knowledge to the forum. Just because someone doesn't agree with you or isn't a Winston Wu fan it doesn't mean that they're dumb and wrong. Funny how you call yourself a free-thinking soul who loves to debunk taboos in society. Is it taboo to disagree with Winston Wu?

I've only had my cursing rant with you and odbo for a while but now that's over and i've stopped cursing. I don't have any problems with forum members here and if they do, i apologize for my previous actions. Believe its hard not to curse at you when you're calling me stupid, idiot,loser and all these other names when i attempt to tell you some truth. I don't even talk about obdo anymore, he's not changing me and i'm not changing him (Beef squashed) that's fine. So again after the ban i haven't done much to cause hate.

First of all in your pics in Russia and US. You had no muscles, you were just skinny with a little plump face. Normal looking asian guy, nothing special to marvel at. You also have to take account that you were younger and less prone to health isssues. Coming back to the US, isn't going to make you look and feel 25 again, that's all i'm saying. You also have to look at your diet as well, which it's spotty at best. So don't expect to be magically healthy now, just because you're coming in the states. You have to do your part, if you don't then you're just going to be stuck in the same endless paradigm of complaining,whining about the same thing when it comes to your health.

But no don't listen to me i'm always wrong, i'm just an abrasive peasant who's always wrong. Sir Winston Wu is always right
Well, at least I have quotes and you don't :P

And in fact, most people do not have such quotes. Just because you don't have them doesn't mean that they aren't worth anything. Sheesh.

You greatly misunderstand me. It is perfectly fine to disagree with me. I can disagree with others too. But you should do it in a rational manner, backed by valid points. And you should LISTEN too, in case you missed something or forgot to factor in something. Is that too hard for you?

But when you insult me and my appearance and try to pin the blame on me in a bullying vulgar manner, your true colors show.

Perhaps you do not realize how condescending you are when you do that.

But I do not deserve such insults and ridicule out of the blue like you've done.

Why aren't you giving me credit where credit is due? I did look healthier in that pic. You should acknowledge that. At least I didn't look exhausted and sweating and miserable.

I'm not saying that if I go back to Washington I will look 25 again. But I WILL LOOK AND FEEL BETTER than I do now. Do you acknowledge that? Or are you claiming that there will be a zero difference? lol

Can I do what I KNOW is right for me? Or do I need the approval of complete strangers on the internet like you first?

Btw, many people commend me for my tolerance, and tell me that if it were their forum, they would never be able to take these attacks that I do. I swear. People say that to me. What do you say to that?

Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

Winston wrote:
Phoenix Sosa wrote:I never asked you for your information. I found it silly for you to even ask such a retarded question. Your resume and your references don't matter to me. Contact my references? To find out if I have a history of lying...? This is one of your main problems, Winston. If I say some of my friends say I am a white guy in a black guy's body, this must be scientifically proven. This just can't be an opinion. Everything doesn't have to have proof, man. I think you are a hypocrite (my main criticism of you), a p***y, etc. but that is an opinion. When I or others insult you, you feel it's the truth. I don't know you from a can of paint, but I have read your biography and your posts on here to know well enough about you.

Another problem you have is when someone agrees with you, then that's the honest truth, no lies. If someone disagrees with you, they are liars, dishonest, immoral, etc. Agree with Winston, cool. Disagree with Winston, you need ABCDEFG.

I am not giving you my real name. Are you going to background check me now? Yeah, those words didn't pop up in my Google search. I read the things people said about you and that was what they said.

I am not posting my pseudonym I use for Demand Studios, but I will post one of my articles. These articles are not rocket science. This article is about making an account for some video game.

Dead Frontier is a free "survival horror" Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORG) developed and released by Jagged Blade Games in April 2008. Dead Frontier is similar to Resident Evil, a popular survival horror video game franchise by Capcom. Dead Frontier is set in an apocalyptic world and you must kill infected zombies in order to survive in FairView City, the primary location of the game. In order to play Dead Frontier, you must register an account on Dead Frontier. You do not have to pay anything to to register.

Go to the Dead Frontier website and then click "Play Now."

Click the "Create New Account" link on Dead Frontier.

Enter the required registration information such as e-mail, username, password and verification code. You enter a 5-digit or a combination of five letters or numbers to verify if you are a human.

Add a checkmark to the "I Agree" box to agree to the terms of service and then click "Register" to register an account on Dead Frontier. The next step is to create your character you are going to play with on the game. Enter your username for the character and then customize the character's appearance. Click "Done" to begin playing Dead Frontier.

^^^Award-winning isn't it? That's it. This is 2011. People have been working at home since the beginning of time. But, but, but a 26-year old black guy cant' write for a website at his home and making $3,000 a month though. It's so good to be true! It is not like 13,000 other writers don't do the same thing I am doing on the same site.

You asked me how come I haven't fled the US? Unlike yourself, I am saving money, and doing other things before I leave. I have to do things like get a vasectomy, so I won't make the mistake you made by bringing an innocent kid into this world and you don't even want to be his father. I don't want kids, so I am getting a vasectomy. I am also getting LASIK surgery. Things I have to take care of. I am being smart, being a planner and saving money. Things you should have done.

Winston, unlike you, some people want somethings to remain private online. All of this contacting references and all of this bullshit is not even necessary. I have never heard of someone asking someone else to contact references on a damn forum. I am not getting a job offer from you, so you don't deserve any of that. Winston, you post all of your shit online for the world to see. Many people with a functional brain are not as stupid.

About these quotes of Winston Wu by other people: I find it absurd. People sucking your dick and you get an orgasm when people do that. It reaks of narcissism. Like you want others to worship you. What they say about you is 100% truth, but someone like me that thinks you are a hypocrite, then I am the liar because Johnny Blowjob from Ohio said you were highly intelligent and charismatic.

I drag this forum down? You know who drives this forum down? Winston Wu. That's the person that drives this forum down. 90% of your posts is about the Philippines being horrible, but you continue to stay there.

Wield your ban hammer all you want, man. No one can ever have a discussion with you unless you become the victor. You must always win.
Damn, you are oversensitive and take everything personally. I would have said that you had an inferiority complex, but one time you told me that you never experienced racism before. When I showed that to my friends, they said you were in denial.

You did ask me for my references and resume. See your previous post.

I didn't ask for proof that you're a white guy in a black body. I just wanted to see how brave you are about giving out your references so I can check your character and credibility. I'm sure you have nothing bad in your past, right? lol

Unlike you, I back up and support all my claims.

Well people who tell the truth are often ridiculed. We both know that. See these quotes:

http://www.happierabroad.com/Quotes_Insanity.htm

Is that a whole article you wrote for Demand Studios? So you only wrote those few sentences and got $15 for it? Man. Demand Studios must be the highest paying freelance site ever.

I ought to join them and see if it's really that easy.

Why don't you want to have kids? Doesn't having a vasectomy make you feel less of a man? Will sperm still come out when you ejaculate?

Well if you are really making $3000 a month as a freelancer, you can live anywhere. You can come to the PI right now and do your work here. Why wait? You can get airline tickets for as low as $600.

http://www.bt-store.com

Just because you don't have quotes about you, doesn't mean that my quotes are absurd.

I've already taken steps to move out of AC. Now can you stop bothering me with these stupid posts so I can get necessary work done? You're wasting my time.

Again, answer my question please:

I didn't do shit to you. All I did was state a fact, that the weather and environment here in AC are wrecking my health and that I need to get out. That is the truth. So what is your problem with that? Why do you have to turn this into a debate or mudsling? Why can't you accept the fact, and let it go?
I haven't experienced racism. That's the truth. Sorry, I have to prove this. Since I am black, I must be called a nigger, coon or whatever cute slurs people have. Never experienced racism. I don't have to lie about this. So, I must be lying if I say I have dating mostly white women my entire life and never touched a black woman? I must prove this too? Wait for this one too: I have never been stung by a bee either. Do I have to prove this? I must be lying! Everyone gets stung by a bee right? This is so ridiculous. Things like this do or do not happen, Winston. Everyone doesn't experience the same shit. Many men on here complain about American women like getting fake phone numbers and the like, but I never experienced that. I am a liar because women never gave me a fake number or I called them and they said they had to wash dishes to avoid me. Never happened to me. Never mind, this must be proven...

Answer to your question: Yes, the weather MAY have something to do with your health. However, you are not accepting responsibility for your own health like eating habits, your age, etc. You are blaming other factors for your poor health.

If I am really making that much money? I am making that much money when things are good like titles are plentiful. Titles are slim right now. Like back in April to June, I was rolling in dough. I visited my parents in Missouri and that was fun.

I don't want to be a father. Plain and simple. I love kids to death. Remember your thread about having true freedom? That's what I want. Freedom. I am find being single with no kids and nothing to worry about.

Talking about yourself again? Again, just because I am black, that must mean I experience racism? Sorry to burst your bubble, but I haven't. Hard to believe like me working at home and writing easy articles online. That Demand article is the whole article, man. That's it. Easiest money you will ever make. Demand is not the highest paying.

Check my character and credibility huh? You have to know me to find that out. You used the word brave? To me? That is so funny. Yeah, Winston, I have so many bad things in my past like not going to jail or am I lying about this? A black guy that has never been to jail cannot be true! My criminal record doesn't exist. Winston, you try to be this private detective and you fail. I am a law abiding citizen. I have never been to jail, graduated high school, I never smoke a cigarette, never taken any drugs, never drunk alcohol. Obviously, I am not perfect, but my track record is far better than yours. I am not embarrassing the people I know giving you my information.

Winston: Hi, I am Winston Wu from "Happier Abroad," an international dating forum for American men. I just want to ask you about Phoenix Sosa. He claimed on my forum that the Philippines weather didn't affect my health. I just wanted to know if he was an expert, like does he have a degree or something?

Reference 1: *click*

You know how retarded that would be? It is silly of you to even think of doing that. You are the type of person to do slick shit like that. You have to do all of that just to feel better about yourself.

You keep saying who am I to judge you and who am I? Why does that matter? All I am saying is my opinion.

About your dick sucking quotes from people: Why does this matter again? Why does Brooke Green from Massachusetts saying you are cute, unique and blah blah blah mean anything? Her opinion means nothing. You just want praise and validation. I find it absurd because it is. Everyone is not going to like you. This is you, Winston:

"Phoenix, you don't like me! How dare you?! *link to your stupid quotes from your fans* 7654456754 of my fans say otherwise! Ha! Ha! Ha! They like me and you not liking me is no big deal! Whatever they say about me is true! Liar, liar, liar! Suing you for libel! Banning you for an opinion!"

It's not taboo to call your kid a monster. What I have a problem with is how selfish you are. It's always you, you, you. Angelo didn't ask to be on Earth. I don't want him to be another statistic. You want to live this imaginary bohemian lifestyle. You can't do that with a wife and kid. You can't pretend your son doesn't exist. You support him financially. You don't do it emotionally. I have never heard a "man" talk so much garbage about their son. It is disgusting.

Anyway...Next.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

well informed, Phoenix Sosa,

Wait a second. You guys duped me didn't you? Are you guys trying to play a shell game where you attack/ridicule me first, then when I react, try to pin the blame on me?

If so, that is evil and psycho. None of your attacks are constructive or rational. You simply want to bring me down any way you can.

Even my friend Steve can see that that's your motive.

I ought to ban you both for a few days for doing such a bad thing. Oh and please stop trying to pin the blame on me! Yes I do have a bad temper, but you two STARTED AND INITIATED THE ATTACKS, NOT ME!

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:
Well the thing is, I've heard that everything has become insanely expensive many times, 5 years ago, 10 years ago, etc. Yet when I went there, it wasn't true. Many people say that. Even many years ago people were saying that too. It's nothing new to say that. People probably said it in 1898 too. lol

Near metro station Prospect Mira, in the building where Traveler's Guest House is, is a Russian hotel for $20 that includes breakfast. It is cozy and comfortable, and amazingly, it is cheaper than the hostel in the same building which charged $25 for a dorm room that you shared with other guests! I couldn't believe it. But it isn't advertised and only Russian people usually know about it. There are tons of unadvertised hotels in Moscow. Also, in the outskirts of Moscow are cheaper hotels too. They lie around the metro stations along the outer ring. One example is Izmailovsky Park, a huge hotel complex of 4 or 5 hotel buildings. I stayed there for $30 a night. I also know a hostel one metro stop from the Red Square for $10 a night called Galina's Flat. The owner knows me and has heard my stories while we cooked in the kitchen.

But expats will tell you that you have to spend at least $100 a night to stay anywhere in Moscow, which is not true. For some reason, macho dominating know it all expats like to inflate numbers and pretend that everything is expensive. I don't know why. They are weird and make me uncomfortable.

So you see, I have beaten the naysayers in the past. I have a knack or sixth sense when it comes to finding deals. I told you this before.

Why do you want to know about Moscow? You have no plans to go to Russia.

Here is a site with more info on budget travel in Moscow:

http://www.cheap-moscow.com/

Well I am comfortable in hostels and used to them, so I am fine with them. You can find cheap hostels on http://www.hostels.com. There is a wide variety to choose from. I even found a hostel in New York City for $25, believe it or not.
1. I don't know who you talked to but 10-15 years ago, things were a lot different for an American. The guy with a bank account full of greenbacks felt like rich man overseas. In 2002, the US$ index hit its highest level since late 1980s. It has fallen 40% since then. In the late 90s, Asia suffered a financial crises which caused currencies in the region to collapse. The amount of Thai Baht a US$ could buy more than doubled in a short period of time. And local currency prices were a lot cheaper then too. From late 97 through 2002, Thailand was an extremely cheap place for Americans and it was clear to anyone who visited. In the late 90s, a US$ was worth more than one Euro and worth a lot more than a Swiss Franc, an Aussie dollar, or a Canadian dollar. Today, each of these currencies is worth more than a US$. Oh and don't forget Brazil. Back in 2003 when Lulu was elected, US$ shot up to nearly 4 Reals and local prices were a lot lower then too. Americans used to flock down there for cheap fun. Today, a US$ buys just 1.5 Reals and prices in larger Brazilian cities are on par with a European capital. In China, a US$ could exchange over 8 Renminbi until it was de-pegged in 2005. Today, a US$ gets just 6.5 Renminbi and local currency prices are much higher now.

If things keep going the way they have been for a few more years (I don't think they will unless powers that be in Washington decide to let dollar collapse), the US will become one of the world's cheap countries. If the debt ceiling issue doesn't get resolved in the next few days and we default on any of our treasury bonds, the dollar could face a new crisis.

2. How do you know I have no plans to go to Russia or any other parts of CIS? I've always acknowledged that girls in those areas on average outclassed women in most other parts of the world in terms of raw physical beauty and sex appeal. Asians, especially SE Asians, don't even come close. Anyway, I will research your cheap hotel options in Moscow. IF reasonable (quality and location) accommodation is that cheap, it certainly adds to the incentive to visit again.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Good News!

Post by Rock »

Northamericanguy wrote:
Rock wrote:
It wasn't a simple jog. I was doing short distance sprints (400 meters) with very limited rest in between. If you run them hard and fast, it is a very intense type of actiivity, nothing like jogging.

I'm actually a sprinter myself. My best 400m is 48.12 seconds in actual race conditions, and during that time I was training for the 400m I was shooting to run 45/46 seconds to break into the top US times. I now train for the 100/200m.

Anyhow 400m sprints to me are LONG distance sprints and I never run that far anymore ( I go up to 200m now). True short sprints, and how I actually train now is something like (4x30m). That would be run 30m at 100% maximum and rest for 5-8 minutes in between reps.

I applaud you that you sprint Rock even if it's 400m. I NEVER see people sprint train other then sprinters. All people want to do is easy walking and long distance jogging that is unbelievably boring and lowers testosterone and makes you skinny and weak. People mainly jog because it's EASY that's why a fat cubical worker can get inspired by a "breast cancer awareness marathon" (**cough cough** money making scam) and be able to jog 13+ miles with only a few months training.
Rock wrote:Here is a link on stress fractures to give you an idea about what I suffered: http://www.runnersrescue.com/Metatarsal ... unning.htm

Actually, my case was worse because it was not just a stress fracture but a cleanly broken bone due to collapsing on my foot in exhaustion in the wrong positin, having it turn sharply inwards, and having the tendon cut hard into the 5 metatrsal bone. It took awhile to recover from that but I've been back to full running speed for many months now. The cause of my fracture was 1. a sudden increase speed work 2. weakened bones due to extreme diet coke drinking (7-9 cans a day) and vitamin D deficiency. I stopped coke and all soft drinks cold turkey and started taking 10,000 IUs of vitamin D per day since then. I will get a revised bone density test done in a few more months.

Yea, soda is very bad for you.. It actually leaches the vitamins and minerals from out of your body.
48.12 seconds for 400 meters puts you at something like top 0.01% to 0.001% of US males up to 30 or so. The fastest guy in my high school could never even break 50 seconds. How fast can you run it now?

A lot of the better distance runners I've seen tend to look a bit weak and gaunt unless they are very young. It seems that too much distance training doesn't just burn-off fat but also some lean body mass. So I don't think extreme distance running is a good way to train for fitness. And some serious weightlifters look distorted and unhealthy to me too. I would rather be built like an in-shape Thai kick-boxer - not too big or bulky but solid as granite.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Northamericanguy wrote:
Rock wrote:BTW Winston, just looking at you and considering your race, I'm pretty sure you have healthy bone density. Osteoporosis or well below average bone densitiy (less severe) afflicts East Asians less than whites for some reason and tends to be a bigger risk for overly thin people.
Ah, the bone density depends on race, sex, and diet.

"This graph shows the average bone density for African American (Black) men and women and for Caucasian (White) men and women. The bone density is quite a bit higher in the African Americans. It is also higher in men than in women. Asian persons tend to have bone density that is as low or even lower than Caucasians. Hispanic people have bone density that is about the same or a little bit higher than Caucasians."

http://depts.washington.edu/bonebio/bonAbout/race.html
In theory, Asians should be below whites on this chart. But I think diet may be the mitigating factor. For example, I think the incidences of hip or lumbar spine densities below 2.5 SDs relative to an average 30 year old white female (one definition of osteoporosis) are a lot higher in Norway or Sweden than Hong Kong or Singapore. Osteoporosis rates in Japan are even lower, perhaps in part due to stevia being a very popular sweetner there?
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

Lmao stop being paranoid Winston. Just because 2 of us are disagreeing with you on the same thread, it doesn't mean we're plotting an evil psychotic plan to take you down. What do you think this is..... Scooby-Doo lol?

You call yourself rational and logical, how did you get the idea that me and Sosa are deliberately ganging up on you for fun intentionally. (I'll pull a page out of your book)

Where is the evidence and proof to make such ludicrous claims like that?
What are Steve's qualifications to be saying we're doing that, is he a private investigator?

Winston, seriously i'm not even attacking you so relaaaaxxxxx. If you think my last post was abusive, then wow you really are as sensitive as you've claimed before here.

Remind me to court you with flowers if you visit new york. Dinner and drinks are on me, because you absolutely deserve to be wined and dined :D
Winston
Site Admin

temporary ban on Phoenix Sosa

Post by Winston »

Phoenix Sosa,
When I woke up today, I felt disgusted at all the treacherous immoral things you did last night. They definitely warranted at least a temporary ban at least. See my legitimate reasons here:

viewtopic.php?t=10888

Therefore, you are banned for 3 days. Please read the above link carefully to understand what you did wrong.

Thanks.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote: 1. I don't know who you talked to but 10-15 years ago, things were a lot different for an American. The guy with a bank account full of greenbacks felt like rich man overseas. In 2002, the US$ index hit its highest level since late 1980s. It has fallen 40% since then. In the late 90s, Asia suffered a financial crises which caused currencies in the region to collapse. The amount of Thai Baht a US$ could buy more than doubled in a short period of time. And local currency prices were a lot cheaper then too. From late 97 through 2002, Thailand was an extremely cheap place for Americans and it was clear to anyone who visited. In the late 90s, a US$ was worth more than one Euro and worth a lot more than a Swiss Franc, an Aussie dollar, or a Canadian dollar. Today, each of these currencies is worth more than a US$. Oh and don't forget Brazil. Back in 2003 when Lulu was elected, US$ shot up to nearly 4 Reals and local prices were a lot lower then too. Americans used to flock down there for cheap fun. Today, a US$ buys just 1.5 Reals and prices in larger Brazilian cities are on par with a European capital. In China, a US$ could exchange over 8 Renminbi until it was de-pegged in 2005. Today, a US$ gets just 6.5 Renminbi and local currency prices are much higher now.

If things keep going the way they have been for a few more years (I don't think they will unless powers that be in Washington decide to let dollar collapse), the US will become one of the world's cheap countries. If the debt ceiling issue doesn't get resolved in the next few days and we default on any of our treasury bonds, the dollar could face a new crisis.

2. How do you know I have no plans to go to Russia or any other parts of CIS? I've always acknowledged that girls in those areas on average outclassed women in most other parts of the world in terms of raw physical beauty and sex appeal. Asians, especially SE Asians, don't even come close. Anyway, I will research your cheap hotel options in Moscow. IF reasonable (quality and location) accommodation is that cheap, it certainly adds to the incentive to visit again.
Rock,
Even if all that is true, still, there are CHEAP ways to buy things that you need and get around. There are still choices. Prices may be higher but they still come in a wide range. You can still find cheaper ways of doing things. They are there if you look and shop around. That's common sense.

What I don't get is why you like to focus on the negative. It's like you are trying to focus on the glass being half empty and downplay things. Do you know that when you do that, you instill fear and doubt into others? Worrying is not a good thing. If you're going to talk about an obstacle, try to balance it out by talking about a solution or way of overcoming/dealing with it too. Do you understand what I mean?

Sure you can post high prices of things. But I can post low prices of things as well. Why not bring more balance to the picture? Otherwise you discourage people by always downplaying things. Are you aware of that?

For example, Moscow is rated as one of the most expensive cities in the world. Yet I can buy food and snacks from street vendors for really cheap, like 50 roubles or so. They are there, for tourists and local people. And the hostel I stayed at, Galina's Flat, is still very cheap, just as it was before.

So you see, there is still a vast price range of cheap prices and high prices. You can work around that. Why focus on the high prices and discourage others? Many expats like to do that for some reason. It's weird. I don't understand why expat guys have an instinctive desire to pump up numbers. I am glad that I'm not like that.

Anyway, if you have any other questions about Moscow or Russia, feel free to ask me or someone else here who is qualified.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Here is something informative. My scientific advisor, who is a human encyclopedia when it comes to science, told me this about my health problems in the AC environment.
As far as heat and humidity, it's what you're acclimated to that makes the
difference. In upstate New York (where I came from) the humidity is pretty
low except for a couple of months in the summer. In the PNW it's just the
opposite -- humidity is high -except- in the summer. For the first couple
of years I had a lot of hay-fever-like allergies on a hair trigger.

Now, I'm acclimated to the PNW, and if feels normal. I hardly every have
hay fever symptoms anymore -- except when I go back to visit NY. So after
a while, you body adapts to where you're living, but depending on how drastic
the change you've made it can take a long time -- years.

PNW is rain forest area, but where you are now is, I think, technically
jungle climate. I'd suspect that it's not the humidity itself that's
affecting you so much as the stuff that lives in the hot, humid air. Under
those conditions you get a lot of bacteria and molds that float around
in the air, plus there are probably a lot of different varieties of same,
from what there are here. Some people never do acclimate to the local
biota. I knew a guy who grew up in Phoenix who spent 8 years in Eugene,
every one of them miserable with allergies. He finally moved to New Mexico
and now he's healthier than he's been in a decade.

Smog can be pretty nasty, too, depending on what's in it. Heavy particles
like those found in coal smoke can give anyone health issues.
Make sense? As you can see, my weight and junk food eating were not among the primary causes that he listed. In fact, I ate a lot of junk food in the US, yet I was hardly ever sick, even though I got fatter. Those of you who have a sick need to try to pin the blame on my eating and lack of exercise ought to pay attention.

There definitely are more molds and bacteria in the air here, which obviously is going to make me sick. It's so icky and yucky. I hate jungle climate.

Fortunately, according to his account below, some people's health DOES improve after going to a different area and climate.
Some people never do acclimate to the local
biota. I knew a guy who grew up in Phoenix who spent 8 years in Eugene,
every one of them miserable with allergies. He finally moved to New Mexico
and now he's healthier than he's been in a decade.
Last edited by Winston on July 25th, 2011, 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Re: Good News!

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Rock wrote:A lot of the better distance runners I've seen tend to look a bit weak and gaunt unless they are very young. It seems that too much distance training doesn't just burn-off fat but also some lean body mass. So I don't think extreme distance running is a good way to train for fitness. And some serious weightlifters look distorted and unhealthy to me too. I would rather be built like an in-shape Thai kick-boxer - not too big or bulky but solid as granite.
I agree.
Last edited by NorthAmericanguy on August 2nd, 2011, 7:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Mr S, odbo,

I asked an expat I know in Palawan, who is one of the smartest guys I know with a laser-like mind, about the soy issue. Here is what he said:
There are many dairy-industry-funded special interest groups setting up "organizations" espousing the harmful effects of soy. I am sure there are also soy-industry-funded interest groups doing the opposite. I am not worried about it; I have been eating tons of it for decades, and my children since birth. I am still functioning at high mental levels, so are my children, and my son and I aren't growing boobs. Yes, we can look at the example of Asia eating tofu... but modern-day vegetarians in general consume far more.

Remember also that the chemicals in meat these days (hormones, antibiotics, growth-enhancers, etc. etc.) are far worse than anything Nature puts in soy!

So for me, I'll stop eating soy when I see myself getting stupid and growing breasts as they claim. One site even claims that the rise in homosexuality is 100% caused by soy. Idiots like that are scaring people for profit.