Truth seeker's dilemma

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Truth seeker's dilemma

Post by odbo »

Something funny I found, not my work.
-----

As a preface to understanding, i think it is necessary to go through the standard phases of “waking up.�

1. An individual vaguely perceives something is wrong with his/her life. This takes the
form of fatigue at trying to ‘keep up’ with real or imaginary crisis, encroachment of
government into every aspect of life, increasing taxation, and so on. Sometimes it takes
the loss of work and the realization that the safety net they contributed to has a big gaping
hole in it.

2. The individual discovers that justice is a joke and that all control mechanisms go up
like a pyramid, taking their property, taxes, etc. with it. This wealth is then distributed to
“help bail out� or “prop-up� failing transnational corporations. Leftovers are channeled
via Overseas Development Corporations to “developing nations,� where the loot is
pocketed by front-men and their bureaucrats. Crumbs filter down to social services,
which, after being guzzled by directors and staff, leave little for the needy except bundles
of forms, in triplicate, of course.

3. The individual looks around for others already exposing “the conspiracy.� These
established champions inform him which “conspiracy� books to read. Having then done
so, the individual begins to “expose� the corruption, first to friends, then when friendless,
he either publishes what he has gleaned or becomes paranoid and withdraws from society
altogether.

Why does the waking up process fail to spread quickly through society?

1. He is terribly naïve. He believes the massive corruption “just happened� to begin in his
own lifetime, otherwise mummy or daddy or teacher would have warned him. It does not
occur to him that his parents, teachers, etc. were as conditioned as he was.

2. Most people do not wish to know. They, like farm animals, have been domesticated.
Wild animals have natural instincts of self-preservation. They sense the evil intentions of
predators and they survive by trusting their instincts.

3. Pavlovian conditioning/response indoctrination has been fed to every individual,
through schooling. The media then takes over. People’s opinions are simply sound-bites,
from news, talk-shows, or quotes from magazines.

4. Trust replaces the instinct of self-preservation. It over-rides memory and logic.
Controllers and shepherds encourage trust.

5. When threatened with loss of possessions, property, access to health care, etc., people
turn to government (predators) for help, and/or organized religion. Should an individual
persist in pushing for his “rights,� he will be removed from society and placed in a
psychiatric hospital or prison on any number of pretexts. The alternative is death by
“accident,� or shot by police while ‘resisting arrest.’

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

So true of so many countries I have been to.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

That's a good analysis. I think when a truth seeker first starts to wake up, they can feel that something is wrong but can't decide whether it's them (as society tells them) or society. Society has programmed us to believe that the misfit is the problem and the mentally ill one, not the conformist, so the truth seeker that wakes up first assumes that the problem is in themselves.

Once they realize that the problem is in society, and not them, they truly begin to wake up and gain awareness. At that point, it takes courage, because once you reach this point, you can never be popular with the herd again, and your friends become fewer than before.

The hardest part is letting go of the fear of not conforming and the need to conform. Once you reach the point where you don't give a shit about what others think, you are truly mentally liberated.

The thing is, when you are a conformist, truth to you is whatever authority says and whatever the majority agree on. That is truth to you. But when you seek truth outside of that, and think for yourself, that's when you cross the line. You become liberated to think for yourself and find your own truth, but in doing so, you endure long periods of loneliness and alienation.

I'm sure we can all relate to that to some degree here, since no one here is a typical conformist.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

Fear is the key

Post by ErikHeaven »

People just do not want to believe that they are slaves. Especially white American males. For so long the slave moniker was reserved for African Americans. Now one wakes up and sees themselves as wage earning slaves, corporate slaves, slaves to women and children, it all becomes frightening.
When one experiences a rapid loss of former belief systems how is one able to cope in a rational manner?
I think what is coming in the next few years here will wake up more people to stop being tv drones and start thinking for themselves.
I ask questions of strangers or people i know all the time like: If you paid taxes all of your life how is it fair for the gov to tax you even higher when you die aka Inheritance Tax? 2 If you win the Lotto why should they tax you at such a high rate and then turn around and tax your again next year? The usual response was "I dont care if they gave me 50 thousand i would be happy with that!"
I told them "If you won a million and the gov gave you 50 thousand you would be happy with that? And they all said yes. Typical sheeple thoughts.

Or another question: I buy a car from a dealer brand new then i go and sell the car a year later, when do i have pay the state more sales tax when i already paid sales tax when i bought it? Nobody answers that because the masses are sheeple they will always be sheeple and there is nothing we can do about it.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Fear is the key

Post by momopi »

ErikHeaven wrote: I ask questions of strangers or people i know all the time like: If you paid taxes all of your life how is it fair for the gov to tax you even higher when you die aka Inheritance Tax? 2 If you win the Lotto why should they tax you at such a high rate and then turn around and tax your again next year? The usual response was "I dont care if they gave me 50 thousand i would be happy with that!"
I told them "If you won a million and the gov gave you 50 thousand you would be happy with that? And they all said yes. Typical sheeple thoughts.
Estate (inheritance) tax is only a concern if you have more than $5 million (single) or $10 million (married couple) in assets. Amounts over that is taxed at 35%, but if you have that much $, I'm sure you can afford a good estate planner to minimize your tax exposure.

If you look at the Federal income tax trend from 2001 to 2011, it's pretty obvious who's getting the BIG tax breaks. ;p
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

No Matter What

Post by ErikHeaven »

Taxation is still theft without your consent. This country did fine on Tariffs for most of our history. Now we have Free Trade and all the horrors that came with that. If we would bring all of our troops home especially in places like Germany, why are we still there? We would have money to lower taxes for everybody.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: No Matter What

Post by momopi »

ErikHeaven wrote:Taxation is still theft without your consent. This country did fine on Tariffs for most of our history. Now we have Free Trade and all the horrors that came with that. If we would bring all of our troops home especially in places like Germany, why are we still there? We would have money to lower taxes for everybody.
I think out of some 370,000 troops we forward-deploy abroad, 54,000 is in Germany. The US military has presence in ~150 countries around the world. This is a very expensive endeavor and the foreign countries get a free ride from US security guarantees at our tax payer's expense. However, this also makes the US military the largest employer in the world that sends so many people abroad. I've had many coworkers who were formally stationed in S. Korea, Japan, Philippines, Germany, Italy, etc. The experience abroad were generally positive (thankfully they weren't in Iraq!), and gave them the opportunity to get paid and see the world. As a tax payer, I'm very much in favor of using my tax dollars to send our young men and women abroad for the experience. This doesn't have to be done through the military, there are many other options avail (exchange student programs, peace corp, etc.). Ideally, I think everyone who is able should go abroad at least once in their lives. The world is a big place and we really should get out more.

My former coworker (now retired) is a Filipino-American, previously stationed in Europe with US Army. The experiences left a deep impression on him, and he's now traveling through South America on his motorbike. He's currently in Bolivia & you can view his travel photos here:
http://airborneandy.blogspot.com/

ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

Nice pics

Post by ErikHeaven »

He is living the dream.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

obdo,
You call yourself a truth seeker. Yet you never ask questions like I do. Instead, you always lecture people. You tell them what to think and what's true and false.

Compare yourself to me. I am always asking questions to find answers or truth. But you never do that. Why? Isn't asking questions the hallmark of a truth seeker?

And doesn't this make me a real truth seeker, while you are just an arrogant lecturer?

Btw, check out this video series I'm watching. It will titillate you and make you drool. lol The narrator sounds just like you. lol

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Winston wrote:obdo,
You call yourself a truth seeker. Yet you never ask questions like I do. Instead, you always lecture people. You tell them what to think and what's true and false.

Compare yourself to me. I am always asking questions to find answers or truth. But you never do that. Why? Isn't asking questions the hallmark of a truth seeker?
First of all I don't like to lecture people and don't believe I know everything. However when you're more learned on some of these subjects, and you see other's thought processes it's like watch lemmings walking towards a cliff. I can't help but try to keep naive idiots from drinking the proverbial kool-aid (taking in toxic in-formation). Though the way I go about warning them may not be, okay, definitely.. is not the most effective way. However I am tired of dealing with sheeple. A person with hope will understand what I mean regardless of how much of an asshole I'm being, and regardless of how incoherent my writing seems. All it takes is an idea. Ideas plant seeds, those seeds lead to understanding. While a dumbass needs to be baby-fed every step of the way. Most people fall under this category and I've come to the conclusion that they can't be saved. These are the people who when world war 3 starts, will be sucking their thumbs waiting for the government to save them. They'll die the way they lived, as slaves. f**k em.

Second of all I ask questions all the time, literally all day long. When I ask questions on here all I get is crickets chirping. Plus you probably haven't seen this post:
viewtopic.php?t=10892 How about them apples!

I'll watch the video. It's nice that he's 'exposing' sodomy and pedophilia but he sounds like a real dork.

I think what makes a truth seeker is accepting the truth. That's something not a lot of people want to do, and in cases of the greatest importance, something they cannot do. The second part of the equation, though not as nearly as important, is being a seeker. An information gatherer is not a truth seeker. A seeker will understand what I mean.
Last edited by odbo on July 28th, 2011, 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Fear is the key

Post by Rock »

momopi wrote:
ErikHeaven wrote: I ask questions of strangers or people i know all the time like: If you paid taxes all of your life how is it fair for the gov to tax you even higher when you die aka Inheritance Tax? 2 If you win the Lotto why should they tax you at such a high rate and then turn around and tax your again next year? The usual response was "I dont care if they gave me 50 thousand i would be happy with that!"
Estate (inheritance) tax is only a concern if you have more than $5 million (single) or $10 million (married couple) in assets. Amounts over that is taxed at 35%, but if you have that much $, I'm sure you can afford a good estate planner to minimize your tax exposure.

If you look at the Federal income tax trend from 2001 to 2011, it's pretty obvious who's getting the BIG tax breaks. ;p
Well it can always go back in the other direction. It used to have a much lower cut-off (even after factoring in inflation) and went to a much higher marginal rate. Currently, conservatives are calling the shots on taxes so rates are low across the board relative to history. We so desperately need more tax revenue now that nothing is off the table.

BTW, you actually get one benefit from an estate tax, especially one with a very high cut-off. When you inherit land and securities, I believe the cost base is re-set to current market value at time you take possession. For farmland which has been held by the recently deceased for decades, most of the current value would have been taxable capital gains so that's a huge benefit. On the other hand, if the estate tax were totally repealed, that benefit would disappear. Thus, if you inherited farmland valued at US$1 mn which had been purchased decades earlier for say US$100K, you would be hit by capital gains tax on a US$900 K gain.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

odbo,
Question for you. Since you said there is so much disinfo out there regarding conspiracies, how do you separate the wheat from the chaff? Everyone is gonna claim to have the truth. So how do you know who to listen to? And how do you know the difference between truth and disinfo?

odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Winston wrote:Since you said there is so much disinfo out there regarding conspiracies, how do you separate the wheat from the chaff? Everyone is gonna claim to have the truth. So how do you know who to listen to? And how do you know the difference between truth and disinfo?
That's a difficult thing to put into words and answer. I'll try to tackle how instinct and the right-brain is crucial to this, later. I will say that the main problem for beginners is not HOW to know the difference between truth & lies, but how to react WHEN you know something is a lie, and more specifically when you know your 'hero" is a liar.

If you tell someone what they've been reading is utter nonsense (made up out of thin air) or is politically motivated (toxic information), they get very mad at you. Or if you tell someone the person they've been listening to (for example: Eric Jon Phelps) is a complete bullshitter or has an ulterior motive, again, they get in denial over it and get very mad at you. It's an ego based reaction. People don't want to admit they were "fooled", so they choose comfortable delusion over honesty.

Most people are used to being followers. They're not prepared for someone to tell them who or what they're following is not beneficial to them. They're used to thinking "I do what I want!" even if what they do is ignorant, suicidal, and above all something they were manipulated into doing. Sheeple grab onto manufactured heroes quickly, sometimes within the same day they discover them, and hold onto those heroes for dear life even when they are shown irrefutable evidence their hero is a fraud. People who put their faith in others and external belief systems will not let go of that belief system even if it is proven nefarious until they find another one to replace it. That's not a smart way to go about things, you'll only get screwed repeatedly.

I can count on one hand the popular "NWO" film makers/radio hosts who in my view are not controlled opposition, and none of those I'm 100% certain about. There are also many useful idiots, who regularly do the work of shills and all for free. They may be spreading disinfo, but at least they are not consciously doing so.

I view disingenuous people playing a role to fulfill an agenda (ex: Alex Jones or David Icke) as frauds and controlled opposition. They are paid to be actors. Anyone with clear conflicts of interest due to being Rosicrucian, Freemason, new age, etc. which are all Luciferian by the way (ex: Jordan Maxwell or Michael Tsarion) is a shill/gate-keeper and in most cases was fed disinfo himself and is simply relaying it, albeit for selfish reasons.

Again there are very few 'players' you have heard of, working to "expose" the power structure, who are not frauds. The truth seekers are overwhelmingly the researchers, compilers, debunkers. But taking lumps of shit and panning for gold inside them is not a pretty picture, and thus you see the task at hand.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

Yep...I would have to agree with these things....waking up is slow because men do not want to wake up....and I think we should let the devil take the hindmost.

I think it is time to build the future and let men fall into disaster for not joining us...those who join up first and take out properties of new business ideas in the new world will be the new wealthy people.....that is how I think it is going to work out.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!