Poll: Philippines or Ukraine?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.

Poll: Philippines or Ukraine?

Philippines
39%
Ukraine
61%

Total votes: 31
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

Rock wrote:
MrPeabody wrote:I would give Philippines the edge, although I am not too interested in either choice, and still prefer Latin America. My criteria would be something you didn’t mention - the ability of a woman to love and care for someone. I remember once meeting a man who was in the hospital about to have a heart operation, and the day before surgery his American girlfriend said she was breaking up. He said the agony of being in that situation was indescribable. So, what is the capacity of a woman to actually love a man? When you are sick will she come to visit? Can you trust her with your finances? Will she stick by you or use your sickness to take advantage. We all are going to get sick. But boys always seem to think of only tits and asses. When I talked to the ladies in the Ukraine, they were highly educated and when asked about their goals had great things planned but never talked about love, family, or caring for a husband. From what I have heard about the Philippines (never been there) it seems possible to meet a loving woman. Although, it sounds like if you aren’t generous you may be judged as a cheap Charlie.
Why do people always default to PI when discussing where to find the most loving and loyal women. And the assumption always seems to that they are the easiest girls to attract and win-over. PI seems to continually get over-rated here. People assume that girls there fall into your lap (and they don't in my experience so far). The whole place is a minefield - continuous monetary expectations from extended family, dirty environment, cultural desert, girls who are intellectually incompatible with educated westerners, bad food, terrible air, and high crime rates.

On the other hand, NE Asia usually gets by-passed as a point of consideration even though women there tend to be much hotter (by most standards) AND many of them still have modest expectations despite what media and even local men claim. If a Taiwanese woman loves you (and its pretty easy to tell), she will be there for you, always. Your health will be her obsession. Even nitpicking and nagging mainland Chinese women tend to stick by their men once the love connection has been established.

We need to find more original types of destinations to discuss on this forum. Some of CIS/western Asia countries with significant Asian populations should be researched, visited, and talked about more because they tend to have a lot of attractive women (Asian and western). Perhaps some of them are hidden gems. And they may be very cheap too. Also, certain parts of LatAm should be considered such as smaller cities in Peru (though girls are less attractive there) or perhaps even rural Argentina. And there's a big hole on this forum regarding China. Perhaps 2nd to 4th tier cities still have a lot of potential for some of the guys here.

Yes, Ukraine vs. PI is an interesting contrast to start with. But its also very limiting if we don't expand it to other destinations. PI has been highly over-rated. Most of the negatives which have been brought up are accurate. But the girls are not nearly as easy or gaga over westerners as many posts seem to suggest, IMO. And I'm sure for many, dating a virgin who intends to stay that way until after marriage would be very frustrating. I mean, isn't sexual compatibility an important aspect which informs your decision on whether or not to propose?
You should have put a third option: neither/none of the above.

Thank you, Rock and others that have said this same thing about the Philippines. Philippines, Thailand, Russia and Ukraine are the final four countries men seem to always choose. Philippines is highly overrated. I realized the Philippines wasn't for me when I started analyzing it myself. Of course, the negative posts on here didn't help lmao. In my opinion, I have talked to Filipinas online and on the phone. I have a girl that is one of my best friends and we just don't click at all on the phone or on webcam. Usually from the first conversation, like in the first 10 minutes, if we don't click, we won't. Danish women, on the other hand, I talked to many on the phone and we click instantly. If we don't click online, in person, on webcam or over the phone, I won't go any further. It will not work. I think men on here need to explore more countries. I am interested in 15 countries besides Denmark.

I was gaga over the Philippines when I first discovered this forum in 2007, but over the years, I have about 5 other countries that I want to explore and they are not in Southeastern Asia, and not in Eastern Europe (except one). I am only interested in one Eastern European country and it is not a popular destination. I love white/European women the most and I like Latin women. The countries I want to go to are in parts of South America and in Every other part of not named Eastern Europe (the forbidden grounds I shouldn't be going to since I am black), but I have had the most successful with European women in the forbidden grounds. Well, in general, I have always been successful with white American women, so European women liking me is nothing to me.

I think many of you guys need to research other places besides the final four (Russia, Ukraine, Thailand, Philippines). There are more cheap places to live besides these places. Trust me. Why am I going to Denmark if it is so expensive? I can afford it. I will expand on this later if you want me to.

Denmark is the perfect spot for me. I have many connections there over the years. If I need help or what not, I have people on my side. Anyway, I am glad some men on here are pointing this out. I wanted to post a thread about this, but I''ll just post in here instead.

Ukraine was never on my list of places to go and never will be. I met two Ukrainian women on MySpace online and they were great women, but I am far more interested in Denmark. Again, I have researched many countries over the years and my personal values such as atheism, healthcare, education, etc. were my first priorities. The women were secondary.

I hope this isn't too harsh. Just think about other places to go besides these two places. I never understood the fascination when there are other countries in the world that may suit you much better.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Excellent points Rock.

However, like everything, there are degrees of truth on different sides.

For instance, you have to take into account that Ladislav has gotten tons of dates with girls from malls, and elsewhere in the PI. He has dated hundreds of them. So girls have fallen in his lap.

And even with me, I've met enthusiastic girls in malls that have given me their number. They turned out to be sweet and enthusiastic.

But when you were in the PI, you hardly approached anyone right? So how would you know? That Spanish looking girl I approached and introduced you to in Ermita, who met up with us the next day, turned out to be very nice and took a liking to you, remember? She was a nice easy to get along with tall girl. You could never find a tall girl that friendly and easygoing in the US. So you see, you met some new girls on your last trip too. And they were friendly right?

That was not a fluke though. If you go out everyday in Manila, you can get acquainted with many girls. You've seen me approach. It didn't look hard at all right?

But you are right though, that with a hundred negatives in the PI, it's not worth it to stay just for girls or cheap sex. The scales are obviously unbalanced with a hundred negative qualities and only one benefit. lol But then again, some guys are insane. lol

However, there are many stories of guys who have found a loving wonderful Filipina wife. You gotta take that into account. See examples below.
1. I hardly approached any girls because as I mentioned, only 1 out of several 100 girls I saw was even mildly attractive, and many of the attractive ones are walking together with BFs. Finding decent girls in Metro Manila is very hard work cus you gotta spend so much time looking at so many people just to find an attractive and available target (in my case anyway).

2. Girls in Shenzhen looked at me, smiled, and acted curious a lot more than girls anywhere I've visited in PI so far. And that Filipino couple I met at Communications Bank in Shekou and helped translate for were very cold when I tried to make small talk by asking about the Philippines (must have been middle class or above).

3. Winston, you gotta know, that mixed blood Spanish looking girl was in the game so she doesn't count. I mean, you met her in the middle of Ermita late at night! Plus, didn't you notice she had a jacked-up stomach from having kids?

4. Correct me if I am wrong here. But aren't the majority of girls you meet in PI either virgins or P4P? That means if you wanna find nice girls (non-P4P), you never get to test drive before marriage. You end up going out on a lot of sexless dates and in most cases, probably get no intimacy at all (not even French kissing). So if you are a hetrosexual male with normal urges who is in no hurry to get married, wouldn't that be extremely frustrating? In NE Asia, its very normal for BFs and GFs to have premarital intimacy and sex. In fact, a significant number of girls even have casual sex with multiple partners.

5. As for Lad, all I know is that he sugar daddies them and has very different taste from me. So far, I've never even seen him with a date. I remember walking with him in a drugstore and actually seeing a girl I found attractive walk in. I pointed her out to Lad and all he had to say was that if that if that's what I liked, I was in the wrong country. Also, since he knows I like taller girls, he attempted to get me talking to a girl (non P4P, 164 cm) who worked behind the counter at the small restaurant/bar in his previous hotel. But she just looked rough and not at all attractive, pretty much invisible. However, I did notice one of her friends sitting at the bar with her parents who was kind of nice (a travel agent). So I ended up talking to her a bit. I think to Lad, she was probably invisible. In Lads favor, I did l like a couple of the girls he showed me photos of from Ukraine. But according to him, they just hang out with him as friends sometimes. He gets no intimacy from them even though he 'helps them out'. Sounds like a bad deal to me. At least you can be sure, Lad is completely honest about such things.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock,
Yeah I guess most girls I've met in the PI are either P4P, freelancers, friends with benefits who seek benefits, or super conservative types.

But since Filipinas tend to warm up fast, I always assumed that they would, even if they are conservative. Some seemed to want to, but I could not make time to see them again.

I don't know. You should ask Outwest, Ladislav or Mr S about their experiences.

Regarding NE Asia, my dad told me that girls in China don't usually have sex with you unless you are planning to marry them. Other trip reports in China that I read say the same thing. How do you explain that, if China is supposed to be a good place for casual sex? If different people say the same thing, there's probably a good reason for it right?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Free
Freshman Poster

Post by Free »

Been busy with other stuff. Coming back here to check on the thread. Wow, it's grown quite well. Thanks guys.

I definitely also consider other places besides these ones, and have had nice experiences elsewhere. I just put these 2 as they are most common and in ways, are quite on the opposite ends of the poles, but also share some characteristics as well.

Personally, in these modern days where it's like the world seems to be falling into an abyss, I'm desiring to be in places that are less materialistic, where you are judged less, where people are less selfish, where you can just be, but also of course, able to fairly easily and naturally meet women (in other words, not have to stress and struggle with it for being out of your control, something that should be as granted as eating). You can have the things I listed, except for the last, by living in the woods alone, but not most want that. We need companionship.
The downside, is that the few places left containing those important, freeing characteristics, tend to be in more run down areas, less opportunistic, and such.
There still are luring characteristics of Western lands. But then we flip over to the other side, where you get the competition, jealousy, judgement, selfishness, mind games, too much high energy deep thinking and analyzing, expenses, hard to meet women, and on and on.

THUS - the tug-of-war!

It's hard in everyday life to find guys like us here that share much in common. Although it's just a digital realm, words still are quite impactful and it's nice to share with you here.

Really, I keep wondering, are we just sort of lost? Are we just sort of doomed in ways? What do we do? Not being despairing, but simply wondering at times.

I try to stay positive, sensible, but positive, although, you can clearly see things falling apart all around - globally!
This may sound odd, but can't we just go to a town or small city where there is no Pepsi, or TVs or automobiles? My point is, more and more, almost all places have been or are being touched by the negative aspects of humanity. Or maybe it's better to say, who wants all places to be the same? I surely don't! I'm tired of going to many places and coming across the same negative (imho) elements of Western life; call me odd but I'm just growing so tired of plastic everywhere! Yeah, I know, the PC I'm typing this on is plastic, but you get my point.
Thankfully, most as a result of this frustration, I've deliberately sought out lands in the past as refuges for some periods of times, jungle stays and ice-caps and it's therapeutic beyond words.

I think ones like us, and the ones out there in the same boat that don't find this forum, have been hit by this storm, and also refuse to go along with the masses. We took our seeking aspect, pondering aspect to come up with solutions by thinking globally and venturing out. I think a problem is, as we expand out, to find these freedoms to just be, to just live life, the globe itself, the people at the top with more "control" than us, are squeezing the globe more closed in. A sort of push-pull thing.

Pardon the rant.

Thanks though for growing this poll.

Confusion, tug-of-war indecisiveness is not a fun thing. The opinions, experiences mentioned here can help others get the gears going and the like.
"Give me liberty or give me death" - Patrick Henry
Free
Freshman Poster

Post by Free »

Here's a good, recent thread in regards to the Philippine side of things:

viewtopic.php?t=10924
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

As of right now the poll shows:

1. 73% for Ukraine
2. 26% for Philippines

My interpretation of this data is 73% of the guys here are not serious about getting married and 26% are serious about getting married which sounds about right.
Free
Freshman Poster

Post by Free »

I wonder about a certain group, those that would prefer Ukraine, for the woman quality, way of life, etc., check off that box, but actually could end up in the Philippines due to simply cost of living.
Isn't the Philippines a lot cheaper than Ukraine? Obviously not talking about rural living.

There have to be a couple guys here that have finances being a main, or THE driving force determining ultimately where they end up.
That's another tug-of-war as well.
Again, a guy may desire a place like Ukraine, or even N. Europe, but the one obstacle being not able to afford to live there, and is in ways forced to go to a cheaper location of women and environment not quite his match, simply because it is still a place where he can simply live, and to meet some women.
Such is life, I guess.

The poster above mentioned people's higher choice of Ukraine due to marriage/no marriage aspect, but what about guys simply preferring the look/quality of Ukranian women over Philippine ones? Possible.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Free wrote:I wonder about a certain group, those that would prefer Ukraine, for the woman quality, way of life, etc., check off that box, but actually could end up in the Philippines due to simply cost of living.
Isn't the Philippines a lot cheaper than Ukraine? Obviously not talking about rural living.

There have to be a couple guys here that have finances being a main, or THE driving force determining ultimately where they end up.
That's another tug-of-war as well.
Again, a guy may desire a place like Ukraine, or even N. Europe, but the one obstacle being not able to afford to live there, and is in ways forced to go to a cheaper location of women and environment not quite his match, simply because it is still a place where he can simply live, and to meet some women.
Such is life, I guess.

The poster above mentioned people's higher choice of Ukraine due to marriage/no marriage aspect, but what about guys simply preferring the look/quality of Ukranian women over Philippine ones? Possible.
1. Ukraine is much less user friendly - language, tourist infrastructure, costs.

2. Ukraine P4P is not so cheap, easy to find, and in your face as in PI for guys who want that.

3. Its easier to achieve very large age gaps in PI for older guys who wanna date young girls.

4. I find it hard to imagine that anyone would find the average Filipina to even hold a candle to an average Ukraine girl of similar age in terms of looks and sex appeal. But there may actually be some guys who prefer the physical specs most commonly seen in PI.
LarryLaffer
Freshman Poster

Re: Poll: Philippines or Ukraine?

Post by LarryLaffer »

I think Ukraine would be a better place to live than the Philippines. However, I would advise avoiding both countries because they are just too dangerous. When you research both those countries, you will see that corruption is high. Therefore, I've been looking at different countries.

Look at this website that has corruption statistics:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/gov_c ... corruption
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

Oh Bravo DaffytheDuck according to the chart, the US is by far more corrupt than Ukraine and the Phillipines. So stop trolling around fear here, you dope
LarryLaffer
Freshman Poster

Post by LarryLaffer »

well-informed wrote:Oh Bravo DaffytheDuck according to the chart, the US is by far more corrupt than Ukraine and the Phillipines. So stop trolling around fear here, you dope
No the scores are:

Philippines 2.5
Ukraine 2.7
United States 7.2

The higher the score, the lower the corruption. Countries with very low corruption, like Sweden and Finland, have scores above 9. Very corrupt countries, like Burma and Bangladesh, have scores below 2.
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

I never understood:

"Country X is dangerous so don't go!" Like the U.S. is Candyland or something. America is not safe! This is just fear many of us put into our heads to avoid countries. Trust me, many men on here and other men I have talked to online have told me to avoid Europe like the plague in 2007, but guess what? I am attracted to women of European descent the most and I always wanted to go to Denmark so I am going. Nothing is going to stop me!!!!!

Remember, America is not Sesame Street! In general, I believe Americans are too damn violent and too gun happy.
LarryLaffer
Freshman Poster

Post by LarryLaffer »

Phoenix Sosa wrote:I never understood:

"Country X is dangerous so don't go!" Like the U.S. is Candyland or something. America is not safe! This is just fear many of us put into our heads to avoid countries. Trust me, many men on here and other men I have talked to online have told me to avoid Europe like the plague in 2007, but guess what? I am attracted to women of European descent the most and I always wanted to go to Denmark so I am going. Nothing is going to stop me!!!!!

Remember, America is not Sesame Street! In general, I believe Americans are too damn violent and too gun happy.
Hi Phoenix,

I'm not saying don't go to Europe. I'm just saying that safety is one of the factors to consider. There are several countries in Europe that are safer than the US.

As a matter of fact, I was considering Russia and Ukraine until I read this. Please look at this and see what I mean by danger in foreign countries:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judicial_system_of_Ukraine

Now if you look at this map, you will see that there are many countries in Europe that are safe and have good human rights protections. I just think it is best to avoid the few that don't. See the countries in green are good.

http://www.freedomhouse.org/template.cf ... &year=2011

Denmark is a very safe country, probably much safer than the USA!
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

Well my apologies for that.

But i haven't really heard of crazy corruption in the Phils from members here. Obviously don't attract attention or do something stupid if you're in a foreign country. Still if you think the US has no corruption, then you must be blind.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. Most americans are too retarded and nationalistic to see whats really going wrong with the US.
LarryLaffer
Freshman Poster

Post by LarryLaffer »

well-informed wrote:Well my apologies for that.

But i haven't really heard of crazy corruption in the Phils from members here. Obviously don't attract attention or do something stupid if you're in a foreign country. Still if you think the US has no corruption, then you must be blind.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. Most americans are too retarded and nationalistic to see whats really going wrong with the US.
Yes, I am aware that the US has a lot of corruption. The US is probably in the middle of the pack in terms of safety. Western Europe and Japan and most of the developed world are probably safer. The third world countries are probably more dangerous. However, the fact that most of us are native to this country puts us in a somewhat safer position than if we were immigrants. You see, when a government wants to scapegoat someone, they generally attack immigrants and those who don't understand the culture as well. Therefore, if you immigrate to a country that has a lot of corruption, you put yourself in a very dangerous position. There is a very real risk that corrupt government officials might try to scapegoat you for a crime they can't solve. I'm just saying that it is something that people should consider when moving abroad.

In the USA, for example, many innocent people have been convicted of crimes they didn't commit.

See: http://www.innocenceproject.org/

Now many of those were minorities or immigrants. When you move to another country, you become the minority or immigrant and are therefore the one who is at high risk for becoming a scapegoat.