Approaching Taiwan girls - Response to Winston

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

*My comment in bold*

Dude, I am a VERY FAIR person. I give what I get. You gave me shit and lies. I gave that back to you. I don't see anything special about you other than that you have some muscles.

Lies? All you did was attack my posts and calling me names because you don't have anything else intelligent to say. I only said you don't know how to dress and you don't. That's my opinion. My opinion shouldn't matter to you anyway, but apparently you take it to heart.

I can get girls. Who said I can't? Have you seen my photo collage? Why are you spreading lies about me again? I hate that. I've banned people for that. Do you want to join them? If not, quit making shit up about me.

I never said you couldn't get girls. Yep, I have seen your collage and you are the one making up shit. I didn't say anything about you not getting girls; I only said you dress badly and that's my opinion. You take things to heart and you try anything to disprove others that disagree. If you do ban me, you are a f***ing coward. You talk about freedom and all of that jazz, but when someone says something about you you want to ban them or delete posts. Don't be a coward. Banning, deleting posts and blocking people is a p***y move. Even if I did make shit up about you (I am not), why do you care so much?

I don't give a f**k if you hate my looks. I ain't trying to date you. My other black bros don't do that. Only you do. What is your problem?

I never said anything about your looks; only about how you dress. Take a chill pill! I don't have a problem with you except you attack anyone that has a different opinion or someone says something regarding Winston and you go on a rampage.

No one in person says I look older or like a nerd. Only some weirdos online say that.

I never called you a nerd. Putting words in my cyber mouth. Well, just because no one says in person is because they are afraid of they are thinking about it in their head. No one's opinion should matter to you anyway so why bother getting pissed about it? Wasting too much energy.

If you are not a convict and not a gangster, then fine. Stop spreading lies about me and I'll stop spreading lies about. I give what I get.

How is me saying you dress horribly a lie? It's my opinion, dude. Your attacks on me are a little too much and I never said you were a nerd, couldn't get girls or anything like that. You made that up."Gangster convict"???? This is the same person getting butt hurt when someone calls you a uncle type, but you can just stereotype all you want huh? That shit doesn't fly with me.

We are supposed to UPLIFT each other here. Why are you spreading shit? I ought to ban your ass.

Banning people for having different views makes you a coward and I dare you to do it. Don't test me. If you are "fair" then you wouldn't ban people for disagreeing.

If you can get girls in the US, why are you here?

Uh, let's see, because I am tired of America as a whole and there are 200+ countries in the world. I want to explore it. None of your business why I am on here anyway. I talk to women of all ethnicities in America and I have many female friends from other countries such as China and Denmark, just to name a couple. American women do suck ass, but that's not the only reason why I want to move abroad. I am atheist, I do not want kids and I believe marriage is a scam. It would be impossible for me to really find someone in America to be with and other bullshit. Other countries interest me, as well.

People that come here usually admire my writing and my work and my content on this site. Those are the types that are drawn here. If you like the guys here, then why the hell do you act like I am a worthless dud? If I was a worthless dud, no one would be here cause my site would be shit and worthless. But it isn't. If I were a worthless dud, Rock and Momopi would not hang out with me. Those two guys are men of high standards. They would not hang out with someone who was a worthless dud. Think about it.

I have been visiting your forum/site since 2007 and I obviously agreed with what you said in your writing because I wouldn't be here would I? That's your problem...Everyone must kiss your ass and suck your cock. Everyone is not going to agree with your website or your writing and I think you need to stop attacking people viciously because of different opinions. I never said you were a worthless dud, you are saying that. Don't put words in my mouth. You have a poor judge of character and you wouldn't say half the shit you say about me if we met in real life. You wouldn't.

If I thought some guy was a worthless dud with no inner or outer qualities and no personality or looks, I would never post on his forum. No way. If you guys held me in such low opinions, then why are you here? You must be insane. The people here that you enjoy chatting with are people that resonate me and relate to my work in some way, so if you like them, then you should like me too. So what's your problem?

Did I ever say I didn't like you? Just stop. I just think you contradict yourself far too much and you think too highly of yourself. Further than that, I like you, Winston. You attacking me like you do on this forum makes me not like you very much. I am a damn good person and I will not allow you to make up bullshit because you don't agree with my opinions. You say I don't seem very nice because of what I write? You say I look like a felon from the hood? (LMFAO). You don't know me and what you say about me is completely wrong. You want everyone to be civil, but you are the first person to attack and then cry about other people talking badly about you and threaten to ban them or whatever. Which one is it? Learn how to accept the fact other people will not agree with everything you do or say. You are not always right. I have a right to defend myself from your idiotic rants so don't get all p***y hurt when someone like myself fights back.

Finally, you can ask Rock to call the girl we went out with. She thinks that I look like a young student. He can confirm that with her by calling and asking her. I don't give a f**k how old YOU think I am. I'm not dating you dude. It's nice that women see me as younger and have better things to say about me than you do.

Good for her. That's how she feels and that's her stance. I believe you look older and why should my opinion matter again? Aren't you the one saying women (who you don' t really know) that say you are cute hold more credibility than men on this forum that have known you for years? If a girl says you are sexy as f**k, she is telling the truth. If a man on here that has known you for 10 years says you are unattractive, he is lying or he is insane. I don' t like this. We have all been through this...Women have said I am ugly and women have said I am cute, sexy, beautiful, gorgeous, etc. That's their opinion and I accept that. You seem to not accept people that say you look old or otherwise, you won't be having a hissy fit. I just don't understand why you need acceptance, approval and validation from women so much.

You guys keep assuming that YOUR opinion of me is what the whole world thinks of me. IT IS NOT. THAT IS A HUGE FALLACY ON YOUR PART.

No one on this forum said that, you do. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, but you assume everyone in the world thinks highly of you and I bet everyone doesn't, which should not even matter. People are going to judge you anyway so why even get pissy about this?

Ladislav, I agree. These guys are being asses and dickwipes and saying lies and shit about me that are not true. You should encourage them to stop. We are here to uplift each other. These guys defeat the meaning of that.

I am being an ass and a dickwipe (nice word) because I said you dress like a lumberjack? Good stuff! Well, you need to stop your tirades as well, dude. You can't have it both ways. Yes, this is your forum, but does that give you the right to attack your members and then cry the minute they attack you back? Come on...

Btw, I have a date tomorrow. So I don't want to read this thread and all the BS in it or else it might put me in a bad mood. I'd rather be in a GOOD mood for my date than a bad one. And I'm sure my date would rather I be in a good mood when I see her too, not in a bad one cause of the shit in this thread that's trying to bring me down and put me in a bad light. Gosh.

Fantastic! Have fun! Yeah man, none of this shit should make you upset anyway because you know why? My opinion or anyone else's opinions should not matter to you. You already have high self-esteem so why do you attack other members?

To the guys trying to make me feel like shit and spreading lies, I say F you! I FEEL GOOD about myself and have a good time. Spread your shit somewhere else. I choose to be happy and be around those that like me and appreciate me, not a bunch of liars and meanies like you.[/quote]

No one is spreading lies and you obviously do no feel happy since you are on here saying you can't get dates from Taiwanese women. Well, you are on dates now, but you weren't before. You can always ignore us...

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

"No one says the kind of shit you say about me in person either. So why are you doing it online? You don't seem like a very nice guy online, so why would I assume you are a nice guy offline?

Btw, the clothes I wore that you are judging me on were from pics in 2003, not currently. Nowadays I dress better and am better prepared. I can easily go into a department store and choose hip looking trendy clothes, leather jackets, etc. Stuff that looks cool that appears in magazines and TV shows.

But this talk about clothes is really shallow. I've never won or lost a girl cause of my clothes alone. Shallow people will find something about you to not like, if it's not your clothes, it'll be something else.
"

Uh, the pictures Rock posted of you were current (2010) and you don't know how to dress to save your life. Again, my opinion. How is talking about clothes shallow?

Anyway, I am a good person, a damn good one at that. I could ask you the same thing. Why should I assume you are this friendly or nice person offline? You sure as hell don't seem nice to me by what you say about me and other members that don't agree with your views. I could play that game with you too. I am not shallow and never will be.

Do you know how long I have been talking to Ladislav? Three years. If I was this "shallow" person as you claim, why would Ladislav be talking to me for so long? I consider this man to be a mentor and he is the reason why I want to go abroad. His expatriate observations is a work of art that should be in the Smithsonian. If you want to get to know who I am on a personal level, please feel free to talk to me on Facebook. I am easy to find. I am a friendly person. People try to give you some advice, but you shut them down. That's all I wanted to do was give you some advice. I will never do that ever again. I will keep that to myself.

You said I only have muscles? Maybe you should think about that for a minute. I am in great shape and women do love men that are in great shape. I am also in my 20's and I am not even in my prime yet. They know I take care of myself and respect myself. You are not exactly in the best shape and it would be good if you got in good shape. You believe nothing is wrong with you and that's fine, however, don't shut people down when they give you some advice on how to improve yourself. I improved myself. I was Steve Urkel all through middle and high school, but do you know what I did? I looked in the mirror and I said, "I am going to change my appearance."

I lost my glasses, shaved my head, grew my mustache and goatee and that's all I really had to do. I had no problems being social. I just thought I was ugly. Improving yourself is not a bad thing even if you don't think anything is wrong with you. My confidence shot through the roof and I was no longer ugly. I could basically get any woman I wanted if I worked to get her. I had that much confidence in myself and changing my appearance gave me a new life.

That's all people are trying to say in this thread, but you take it to heart and believe people are "spreading lies" or making bullshit up. Changing my appearance was the one of the best decisions I ever made. Women started to come up to me, I didn't ask for phone numbers; I haven't asked for a girl's number since 2001. I am not a PUA (I despise them), however, I just talk. I am being Phoenix Sosa. No tricks, no gimmicks. I know who I am and I know what I want. I have a low tolerance level and I don't put up with any woman's bullshit. Women know I am the man and they like that. I don't even do much to get women. I prefer to be a "f**k friend" because it is easier. I can still talk to women and hang with them and I can f**k them. I love and they do too. That's what I want and that works. You have to find out what works for you.Essentially, you have had more girlfriends in America than I have. I prefer to be a friend with benefits. I do want to have a girlfriend in the near future, but not in America.

No one is on here trying to put you down; we are here to help you succeed with women. Shit, we all need to help each other succeed with women from all over the world. Do you agree? Think about that. Do not take what I say as me insulting you. This is how I feel. Again, no one is on here trying to downplay you. I love Happier Abroad, otherwise I would not be on here. I am not your enemy.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is what my friend Jeff said after I told him about these attacks:
Winston, people that constantly bash other people are not happy with themselves. They have no game, nothing exciting going on in their lives. They are afraid to make things happen themselves, so all they do is bash other sucessful doers! I have encountered this with many of my "best" friends. They are jealous because I travel and have an exciting life. They could have it but they are too afraid to do it or made the wrong decisions and are tied down w/ big house and several kids. I am telling these these friends less and less what I do because I don't want to hear their negative opinions.

Winston, you have chosen to make you life public, for fame or to help other people or whatever reason. Therefore you will get the people who are jealous of you blasting you. Being out in the public eye is important to you so you will have to learn how to handle the criticism.
Anyway, the main point now is that Repatriate's original claim earlier that the reason I couldn't get any dates or meet any girls in Taiwan was because my looks and personality suck ass has been PROVEN WRONG and DEBUNKED. It was mostly about opportunity and connections. So if Repatriate is any real man, then he will ADMIT that he was WRONG! Otherwise, he is an ass and has not even worth conversing with.

So Repatriate, will you admit that you were wrong? Or be an ass?

Btw, a hot girl from Kaoshiung named Isha, who used to talk to me a lot last year but has a boyfriend now, said that I look good and fine and should have no problem getting girls in Taiwan.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Phoenix Sosa,
My clothes are adequate. They do not make or break anything. I was wearing a simple dress shirt in that TW club. I was not prepared to go to a club. Rock claims that he can dress like shit and go to clubs and do fine. So you and him can argue about that point.

But look dude. I have no problem dressing with cool nice looking clothes. It's not rocket science. I know by looking at magazines what looks good on a guy and makes him look cool. I have many nice clothes back in the US.

But let me explain something:

The reason you see me dressed badly in many of my Russia photos is because I came with clothes for the opposite season. For example, in 2003 I arrived in winter and had only winter clothes. Then summer came and it was very hot in Volgograd. I had no summer clothes. Clothes were very expensive in Russia and way overpriced. Plus with my suitcase full, I can't buy many more clothes and pack them in. Get real. So the only thing I could do was buy one or two shirts. The good ones were too expensive. The plain one was affordable, so I got that one. In 2005 I went to Poland with no jacket except for a kiddie one that Alina's family gave me to use as an inner jacket. But it looked lame and I forgot to bring my nice jacket cause it was too heavy for the spring weather or something. So I was stuck with a bad jacket, hence bad photos.

Sometimes I am stuck without appropriate clothes. It's not that I don't know how to dress. I can go into a mall and pick out nice clothes any day. Most of my clothes are decent and not ugly at all.

Anyway you guys who are obsessing about this are really shallow.

If you're not against me, then why are you exaggerating and taking Rock's joking claims about me look like a taxi driver literally? How come no one think that about me except you bashers?

You guys act fake for some reason.

I like myself and I feel good about myself, so why should I feel like shit just cause you want me to?

How come many girls are able to see likable qualities in me, and guys too, but you bashers see nothing good or worthy in me? Why is that?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
swincor
Freshman Poster

Post by swincor »

Winston wrote:Btw, a hot girl from Kaoshiung named Isha, who used to talk to me a lot last year but has a boyfriend now, said that I look good and fine and should have no problem getting girls in Taiwan.
Great! Then go for it! Maybe then you'll actually DO SOMETHING for a change, instead of going on and on and on about how you can't get with TW girls...
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Phoenix Sosa,
My clothes are adequate. They do not make or break anything. I was wearing a simple dress shirt in that TW club. I was not prepared to go to a club. Rock claims that he can dress like shit and go to clubs and do fine. So you and him can argue about that point.

You're putting words in my mouth again. I never made that claim. What I did say (via text message) was that I don't generally dress up for clubs, just casual nondescript.
That means a loose pair of jeans with a bit of fashionable wear worn slightly low (maybe AF or Banana), a long sleeved branded casual shirt not tucked-in buttoned most of the way up with a white T-shirt inside, a decent belt which is usually not visible, a Porter shoulder bag, Timberland boots or even acceptable sports shoes, and no chains or other bling. Even a simple outfit like that runs NT$10,000 to 20,000 and I don't consider that dressing like shit.

Casual non-flashy seems to work fine for me and I don't know if peacocking like some of the flashier Asians would help much. As I also mentioned, some pennies shine-up better than others. I suspect that you might be able to pull-off a more flamboyant look than me. I don't think there is one dress code which works best for everybody and the advice people have given on the forum is specific to your case. You should get some additional ideas from stylish younger local women and experiment a bit to find your most effective look for pulling TW girls.
steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

Well, I admit I pretty much skimmed the thread and the impression I got was that it seemed to be more than just constructive criticism. Anyways, its good that a few of you guys did a better job of explaining your points.

I dont post here much but I came across this thread and decided to put in my 2 cents worth since it seemed to be getting out of hand. Anyways, good day fellas, Im outta here. :)
lovesong
Freshman Poster

Great info!

Post by lovesong »

Hey guys,

Just read through the whole thread and wanted to thank Rock and Winston for sharing their experiences on Taiwan. Especially one of the earlier posts regarding which types of girls to approach.

I've never been to Taiwan so am anxious to one day visit and have my own experiences.

I love street game. Let me say this again.

I LOOOOOVE STREET GAME. Meaning that I enjoy walking on the street then suddenly, BAM! I see a total hottie, beautiful lips, eyes, hair, legs, heels, short skirt or shorts where you can see just a little bit of butt cheek. Heart starts beating faster, faster, time seems to slow down, tunnel vision occurs and the only thing on my mind is how do I interact with this beautiful creature.

And the only way is to totally let the feeling shine through you whilst maintaining strong body language, lean back, strong eye contact, and tell the girl that she is soooo cute/beautiful/yepuda/pyow lang (is that how you spell it?)/bonitas/kawaii,

THEN...

Chat her up. Ask her what her hobbies are? Fave music?

Now.. if she looks like she has an unapproachable vibe, unhappy look, depressing face, whatever..

STAY STRONG!!!!

Don't let her negative vibe affect you! In fact, she may be longing for someone to brighten up her day, f**k, even her life.

In fact, let that be part of your charm. The more she gives you a dirty look, the more you smile at her whilst maintaining eye contact.

Communication is only like 3 to 6% verbal, the rest being non verbal communication.

Why does this approach work??

Right off the bat, it disqualifies you from the friends category. f**k that shit!

Second, it shows you are a man.

My current gf is from China and she would tell me that guys in her hometown would dress super nice, fancy haircuts, but that they would be pussies and not say anything to her. Worst, she'd also have stalkers follow her.

I got her cuz I was straight up!

Well, from a scientific standpoint, I cannot prove this would work in Taiwan as I've never been but I've done it in Japan and California. Yes, I've found American girls have been more difficult but I'd have to say it's because they weren't that hot to me, thus my reaction was not as enthusiastic as if I was approaching someone who I really wanted.

Winston, I'm a fan of yours and also very thankful to you for setting up this website. My opinion is that if you believe something is weird like approaching someone on the street, the person you approach will feel that energy. Thus, you've got to look inside yourself and really overcome that feeling, otherwise it's always going to come off as weird. I look at approaching girls as I'm sharing my genuine feelings of happiness that their beauty has given me back to them. If they reciprocate, great, if not, at least I've expressed myself and did my best.

And in regards to the haters who commented on your look, f**k them! Truthfully, you defending yourself to them shows them you care. Better to just say

"thanks for the comments guys. Oh, BTW, I'm gonna go get my taxi driver looking ass laid right now by a young Filipino hottie."

If a guy's comments affect you like that, how would a girl's comments affect you then? I've found girls from different cultures will f**k with you on some level and test you. Not seriously, but just to f**k with you. If you actually respond to those criticisms, you're only playing into their frame of you. Kind of like if a little child were to call you stupid. Would you actually respond, NO, I'm not! No, you'd most likely treat em like a dog barking and not respond at all or say ok, whatever.

To ROCK, maaan, I really wantd to hang with you and meet girls in Taiwan, until I read that part where you told the one girl that Winson was having a dry spell. And to please ask her friend to hook Winston up. Dude, that only made Winston look unattractive to his girl. Even if Winston's girl genuinely had a thing for him, that comment made him look less appealing to her. She was probably thinking "what's wrong with him? how come he's been going thru a dry spell?"

Just wanted to point that out to you since everything else you said was very informative. Man, I even took notes.

Hope you've all had success in recent days.

Happy huntin!
Winston
Site Admin

Rock, some interesting letters to show you

Post by Winston »

Hi Rock,
A few letters to show you. This ABC I've been corresponding with in Chiayi concurs with me that Taiwan is not more socially open than in the US, and that whites seem to have more fun in Taiwan.

I asked him:
Yeah I'll be in Taiwan soon for medical checkups. My health has deteriorated here. I'm going back to America to recuperate under fresh air. I was never sick there. Did you get my update that I sent out?

Yeah my parents are there in Taiwan.

How is Taiwan better for you than America? I don't see it being any more socially open than the US, but many white guys seem to disagree. Have you seen the long debate thread about Taiwan in the forum?

Is it fun to teach English?

Do you live in Taipei?
He replied:
Hey Winston,
Just got your email after the second one I sent out. Hmm. I never got your update. I might have to check my junkmail. haha, cheap medical care in Taiwan. I make full use of it while I am here, even without NHI insurance.

Well, obviously I havent been able to have the opportunity to travel the world like you have. Although I probably can see why ukraine/russia is better socially. Its might only be an isolated incident. Back in the US, often the cute girls that I was interested in never had the same level of interest I had in them. But I fondly remember two girls (met both separately), one ukranian and polish girl(all immigrated later in life,) in the the US that were attractive and showed much interest, but I was too inexperienced/dumb to pursue it.

No your right. Its not more socially open in the US. And yes, foreigners def have much more of a good time than ABCs and what not. Ill go into detail about that next time or in person. Ill also check out the debate on the forums.

Is teaching fun? At times. Do I love teaching? Let's say I really don't have much options in Taiwan with my limited Chinese reading and writing proficiency.

I live in Chiayi County and I heard your family is in chiayi. So thats why Chiayi would be convenient. But I can travel anywhere.

Im glad you think we are alike. I agree, except you have brilliance and drive to use your intellectual curiosity and persona to turn it into a online company/site.

Please let me know when you go back to Taiwan. If you already have a time frame, let me know. I still would love to hit up Angeles while you are there. I think it would be fun, since I believe we are slightly opposites in personality, but similar in thoughts.

-J
So you see, my views are not some freak of nature while everyone else is having a wild sex party in Taiwan. lol. You sound almost like Hollywood, eager to portray Taiwan like the US is portrayed in movies. lol Why do you always try to make it sound like I'm the ONLY one who does not experience a dating paradise in Taiwan?

Also, here is another interesting letter, from a Swiss guy. He said that everything I wrote about Taiwan is oh so true! How can that be? I thought any average Joe white guy would experience a dating paradise in Taiwan full of love, romance, sex, and attention from hot young women, according to you and Gits?
Hi!!

Your article about Taiwan is awesome ... I almost agree on every point except a small last one where you mention that taiwanese don't watch tv when they eat... I think they almost everyday watch tv when they eat if they can of course =)

Beside this your article is awesome !!

Thanks a lot and thanks for the link of the swiss guy who wrote a critic article about taiwan too.

I am Swiss myself and living in Tw for abour a year now... I feel exactly the same that you and the other Swiss.

Thanks!

Mark

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Rock, some interesting letters to show you

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Hi Rock,
A few letters to show you. This ABC I've been corresponding with in Chiayi concurs with me that Taiwan is not more socially open than in the US, and that whites seem to have more fun in Taiwan.

I asked him:
Yeah I'll be in Taiwan soon for medical checkups. My health has deteriorated here. I'm going back to America to recuperate under fresh air. I was never sick there. Did you get my update that I sent out?

Yeah my parents are there in Taiwan.

How is Taiwan better for you than America? I don't see it being any more socially open than the US, but many white guys seem to disagree. Have you seen the long debate thread about Taiwan in the forum?

Is it fun to teach English?

Do you live in Taipei?

He replied:
Hey Winston,
Just got your email after the second one I sent out. Hmm. I never got your update. I might have to check my junkmail. haha, cheap medical care in Taiwan. I make full use of it while I am here, even without NHI insurance.

Well, obviously I havent been able to have the opportunity to travel the world like you have. Although I probably can see why ukraine/russia is better socially. Its might only be an isolated incident. Back in the US, often the cute girls that I was interested in never had the same level of interest I had in them. But I fondly remember two girls (met both separately), one ukranian and polish girl(all immigrated later in life,) in the the US that were attractive and showed much interest, but I was too inexperienced/dumb to pursue it.

No your right. Its not more socially open in the US. And yes, foreigners def have much more of a good time than ABCs and what not. Ill go into detail about that next time or in person. Ill also check out the debate on the forums.

Is teaching fun? At times. Do I love teaching? Let's say I really don't have much options in Taiwan with my limited Chinese reading and writing proficiency.

I live in Chiayi County and I heard your family is in chiayi. So thats why Chiayi would be convenient. But I can travel anywhere.

Im glad you think we are alike. I agree, except you have brilliance and drive to use your intellectual curiosity and persona to turn it into a online company/site.

Please let me know when you go back to Taiwan. If you already have a time frame, let me know. I still would love to hit up Angeles while you are there. I think it would be fun, since I believe we are slightly opposites in personality, but similar in thoughts.

-J
So you see, my views are not some freak of nature while everyone else is having a wild sex party in Taiwan. lol. You sound almost like Hollywood, eager to portray Taiwan like the US is portrayed in movies. lol Why do you always try to make it sound like I'm the ONLY one who does not experience a dating paradise in Taiwan?

Also, here is another interesting letter, from a Swiss guy. He said that everything I wrote about Taiwan is oh so true! How can that be? I thought any average Joe white guy would experience a dating paradise in Taiwan full of love, romance, sex, and attention from hot young women, according to you and Gits?
Hi!!

Your article about Taiwan is awesome ... I almost agree on every point except a small last one where you mention that taiwanese don't watch tv when they eat... I think they almost everyday watch tv when they eat if they can of course =)

Beside this your article is awesome !!

Thanks a lot and thanks for the link of the swiss guy who wrote a critic article about taiwan too.

I am Swiss myself and living in Tw for abour a year now... I feel exactly the same that you and the other Swiss.

Thanks!

Mark
1. Gits made a point in his first book which I concur with. He said there are 2 Taiwans - Taipei and the rest of the island. "Taipei has more action and, for westerners, it is often hard to know where to stop. Non-Taipei has rural, more underdeveloped country hardness". Gits was contrasting his time spent living in Longtan, Taoyuan County and later Hsinchu, to Taipei. Rural Taiwan vs. Taipei are very different experiences. And I don't think Chiayi would be an interesting or fun place to live in. Its totally different from Taipei.

2. Get the Swiss guy in touch with me. Perhaps we can go out together and check-out the scene if he's in Taipei. Only if I see him in action (or inaction, lol) will I be able to figure out why he fails to get anywhere with the ladies here.

3. I do think Taipei has a much higher percentage of cute, sexy, and/or hot girls than the PI, the darling of HA forum. And I believe Taiwanese girls are more sexually liberated than non-p4p Filipinas. So I definitely believe Taipei is a much better HA destination for younger western guys as far as dating and romance go. The reason I promote it sometimes is because its so under-rated.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote: 1. Gits made a point in his first book which I concur with. He said there are 2 Taiwans - Taipei and the rest of the island. "Taipei has more action and, for westerners, it is often hard to know where to stop. Non-Taipei has rural, more underdeveloped country hardness". Gits was contrasting his time spent living in Longtan, Taoyuan County and later Hsinchu, to Taipei. Rural Taiwan vs. Taipei are very different experiences. And I don't think Chiayi would be an interesting or fun place to live in. Its totally different from Taipei.

2. Get the Swiss guy in touch with me. Perhaps we can go out together and check-out the scene if he's in Taipei. Only if I see him in action (or inaction, lol) will I be able to figure out why he fails to get anywhere with the ladies here.

3. I do think Taipei has a much higher percentage of cute, sexy, and/or hot girls than the PI, the darling of HA forum. And I believe Taiwanese girls are more sexually liberated than non-p4p Filipinas. So I definitely believe Taipei is a much better HA destination for younger western guys as far as dating and romance go. The reason I promote it sometimes is because its so under-rated.
Even if Gits is right, that there are two Taiwans, I still don't notice any difference in terms of openness or approachability between Taipei and the rest of Taiwan. Besides, why do people in southern Taiwan say that southern Taiwanese are more open and friendly than in Taipei? Isn't that odd?

I worked in Taipei in 1990, and on the bus, there was never any eye contact, and when I said hi to girls, they would ignore me or look at their friends and giggle about it. Being bored, I went to the bookstore everyday after work and read a lot of great books. But I could never start an interesting conversation there with any other readers, like the way the characters on Seinfeld and Friends do in the bookstore, when they pick up hot girls by talking about books there. lol. Didn't work that way. It was just like the US. You minded your business, and the girls minded theirs. That was that.

Bottom line: In Russia or Europe, when I say "Excuse me" to a female, very often she will stop and talk to me. In Taiwan, when I do that, nearly 100 percent of the time she will ignore me. BIG BIG DIFFERENCE there. HUMUNGUS DIFFERENCE.

What do you mean by "action"? Anyone can go into a nightclub, pay the fee, and see groups of girls drinking and dancing, hanging out in their own clique. You can see that in the US too. But that doesn't make it an easy pick up place. What I see in TW clubs is that people go with their friends, and hang out with their friends there, just like in the US. They don't usually go to try to meet new people or pick up members of the opposite sex.

Like I've always said, there's no such thing as a country where girls are very antisocial toward strangers in public, but totally open and approachable in a night club. Being in a night club doesn't make someone 100 times friendlier than they would be in a normal public place. That just doesn't make sense. It's not logical either. If you want to meet people who are far friendlier than average, you can do so by going into a church or religious cult gathering. People there will be much more inclusive than average. But a bunch of girls dressing up and going to a nightclub doesn't make it an inclusive place where girls are easy to chat up, if they are normally hung up about talking to strangers. Night clubs do not turn antisocial people into very socially open people. It does not remove the barriers of cliquishness or exclusivity. It doesn't in the US, and it doesn't in TW either.

Chiayi is boring, yeah. But if you are a white guy that stands out, you can meet girls in public just by asking them directions and working up a conversation from there, like you often do. Right?

I agree that Taiwanese girls are more attractive than Filipinas. However, non-P4P Filipinas have slept with me quicker and earlier than non-P4P TW girls have, which is never. lol So in my experience non-P4P Filipinas seem more uninhibited and cool with having sex.

Btw, one middle class Filipina from Davao slept with me once back in 2006. She flew up to Manila from Davao, and was very nice. But she was chubby and looked older than the type I usually date, so we just shared the bed and I didn't do anything with her. lol But she didn't seem to mind sharing the bed with me, even though we just met. lol

Btw, even if you took out that Swiss guy, no matter what happened, you would always rationalize it in such a way as to maintain your belief that TW is a wild, open, uninhibited place right? I mean, that is your religious belief, so it will edit your reality. Right? Thus, if the Swiss guy gets girls in Taipei around you, it will confirm your belief, but if he doesn't, then you will find a way to blame him, so that you don't have to admit that TW girls are closed, reserved, unapproachable, or antisocial to strangers, right? Do you see what I mean? It's kind of like a Christian who believes that the Bible is all true. No matter what evidence you show him to the contrary, he will rationalize it away in order to maintain his belief. Wouldn't the same happen with you if you took out every guy who said that I was right about Taiwan, to try to find out why? You will always rationalize it to maintain your belief right? That's what I'm guessing.

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:
Rock wrote: 1. Gits made a point in his first book which I concur with. He said there are 2 Taiwans - Taipei and the rest of the island. "Taipei has more action and, for westerners, it is often hard to know where to stop. Non-Taipei has rural, more underdeveloped country hardness". Gits was contrasting his time spent living in Longtan, Taoyuan County and later Hsinchu, to Taipei. Rural Taiwan vs. Taipei are very different experiences. And I don't think Chiayi would be an interesting or fun place to live in. Its totally different from Taipei.

Even if Gits is right, that there are two Taiwans, I still don't notice any difference in terms of openness or approachability between Taipei and the rest of Taiwan. Besides, why do people in southern Taiwan say that southern Taiwanese are more open and friendly than in Taipei? Isn't that odd?

I worked in Taipei in 1990, and on the bus, there was never any eye contact, and when I said hi to girls, they would ignore me or look at their friends and giggle about it. Being bored, I went to the bookstore everyday after work and read a lot of great books. But I could never start an interesting conversation there with any other readers, like the way the characters on Seinfeld and Friends do in the bookstore, when they pick up hot girls by talking about books there. lol. Didn't work that way. It was just like the US. You minded your business, and the girls minded theirs. That was that.

Bottom line: In Russia or Europe, when I say "Excuse me" to a female, very often she will stop and talk to me. In Taiwan, when I do that, nearly 100 percent of the time she will ignore me. BIG BIG DIFFERENCE there. HUMUNGUS DIFFERENCE.

What do you mean by "action"? Anyone can go into a nightclub, pay the fee, and see groups of girls drinking and dancing, hanging out in their own clique. You can see that in the US too. But that doesn't make it an easy pick up place. What I see in TW clubs is that people go with their friends, and hang out with their friends there, just like in the US. They don't usually go to try to meet new people or pick up members of the opposite sex.

Like I've always said, there's no such thing as a country where girls are very antisocial toward strangers in public, but totally open and approachable in a night club. Being in a night club doesn't make someone 100 times friendlier than they would be in a normal public place. That just doesn't make sense. It's not logical either. If you want to meet people who are far friendlier than average, you can do so by going into a church or religious cult gathering. People there will be much more inclusive than average. But a bunch of girls dressing up and going to a nightclub doesn't make it an inclusive place where girls are easy to chat up, if they are normally hung up about talking to strangers. Night clubs do not turn antisocial people into very socially open people. It does not remove the barriers of cliquishness or exclusivity. It doesn't in the US, and it doesn't in TW either.

Chiayi is boring, yeah. But if you are a white guy that stands out, you can meet girls in public just by asking them directions and working up a conversation from there, like you often do. Right?

I agree that Taiwanese girls are more attractive than Filipinas. However, non-P4P Filipinas have slept with me quicker and earlier than non-P4P TW girls have, which is never. lol So in my experience non-P4P Filipinas seem more uninhibited and cool with having sex.

Btw, one middle class Filipina from Davao slept with me once back in 2006. She flew up to Manila from Davao, and was very nice. But she was chubby and looked older than the type I usually date, so we just shared the bed and I didn't do anything with her. lol But she didn't seem to mind sharing the bed with me, even though we just met. lol

Btw, even if you took out that Swiss guy, no matter what happened, you would always rationalize it in such a way as to maintain your belief that TW is a wild, open, uninhibited place right? I mean, that is your religious belief, so it will edit your reality. Right? Thus, if the Swiss guy gets girls in Taipei around you, it will confirm your belief, but if he doesn't, then you will find a way to blame him, so that you don't have to admit that TW girls are closed, reserved, unapproachable, or antisocial to strangers, right? Do you see what I mean? It's kind of like a Christian who believes that the Bible is all true. No matter what evidence you show him to the contrary, he will rationalize it away in order to maintain his belief. Wouldn't the same happen with you if you took out every guy who said that I was right about Taiwan, to try to find out why? You will always rationalize it to maintain your belief right? That's what I'm guessing.

People in the middle and south are different. In some ways, they have a warmer culture. Whenever I visited companies in the middle or south of Taiwan, they would always insist on picking-us up at the airport, treating us to lunch, drinks, or dinner, etc. However, the corporates we visited in Taipei were all business and just gave us time for the allotted meeting, no social niceties. People in Taipei will tell you that southerners are warmer and more hospitable. But they’re also more conservative and traditional too in spite of the beetle nut girls all over country roads and a more visible and much cheaper P4P industry.

Personally, I feel more comfortable with Taipeians. Taiwanese from the center and south strike me as being relatively lower class, less educated, and less refined. Some chew beetle nut and many prefer to speak Taiwanese over Mandarin. Taxi drivers are much worse. And violent crime rates are higher there too. Taichung and Gaoxiong have a fair amount of gangster activity and if you ever cross them, you’re on your own.

Speaking of bookstores, I used to go to the 24 hour Chenping on Dunhua near Renai. I picked-up several girls there and another one in the nearby Swensons on Renai circle. I guess Taiwan for me is like Russia for you, lol.

In my book, action can mean:
- Getting the girl back to your crib on the same night
- Working her digits to get intimacy within a couple weeks or so
- Bouncing her out of the club and to a nearby park or quieter club where you can work-up to intimacy

This is what my French tenant did about every week-end he was here.

Re-read Gits first book. Here are his rules for getting picked-up by Chinese girls at bars in Taipei:

1. Be a foreigner.

2. Don’t speak Chinese (even though Gits speaks Chinese).

3. Dress the part, Groom yourself, Look rich.

4. Be seen at bars. The more a girl can see you, the more she will consider you trustworthy.

5. Stand at the bar, right in the middle.

6. Order a drink and don’t bother looking interested in anything particular. Chat with a friend if you brought one. Girls will cruise you if you and if you have followed steps 1-3 correctly, they will come-up (sooner or later) and talk to you.

7. Make Conversation. Be Mysterious. Smile. Use lots of vague answers. When you’re asked about your job, don’t say you teach English, because that just locks you into an exclusive club of 99% of foreigners in Taiwan, no of whom are known for having any real money.

BTW, I never followed all of this personally, just certain parts. Nor do I agree with it all. But I must say its pretty much what my French tenant did and it worked well for him. And I’m pretty sure most of his ‘dates’ knew he was broke.

As far as trying to apply pure logic to social interactions, I think it’s a flawed approach. A girl who is a prude during the day can be a slut at night or vice-versa. And a girl who doesn’t give guy A the time of day may throw herself at guy B. A girl who only wants to date tall and educated gentleman may fall for a shorter tattooed badass who dropped out of high school. Sometimes the more constrained a culture is, the more wild its counter culture can be. I believe Japan has this dynamic going on too.

Chiayi doesn’t really seem to have a lot of cute girls out and about. So approach opportunities are much fewer than Taichung or especially Taipei. Also, central Chiayi is small enough that you can lose your anonymity fairly quickly, not a good thing for cold approaching.

Since you are Asian, maybe Filipinas are easier for you. Recently one other poster claimed that Filipinas prefer Asian guys over westerners. Do you think that might be true?

Sharing a bid with that girl from Daveo sounds like sleeping with a cherry girl, lol. Were you that not into it?

My goal in taking him out the Swiss guy would be to open his eyes and perhaps change his belief, not my own. I’m very curious to understand why he can’t get anywhere in an environment with so much potential. Does he look like a train wreck or something? Does he only go for photo models? Is he as shy as a mouse? What's his deal?

BTW Winston, Taiwan girls may actually be, as you say, closed, unapproachable, and antisocial to strangers, to a degree at least. But at a very minimum, there are still doable ways that many regular western guys manage to break through the barrier with a significant sized subset and get dates, sex, and girlfriends here. That may seem to contradict logic to you but it happens, a lot. That’s were Taiwan differs so much from the States.

And I don’t take this is a religion. If say in 2012, I see that most western guys I know of are getting nowhere with girls here, I may change my belief to something along the lines of “Taiwan used to be a good HA destination for many western guys�. But just of the top of my head, I can think of over 15 western guys I know of who have done well with the ladies here. Some have retired from the scene (have gfs or wives) while others are still at large enjoying great nights out. Some of my western friends who married Chinese girls here still play around on the side. One of them even goes with his wife to Room 18 looking for 3 some opportunities.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock,
Holy mackerel. Look at what this new forum member told me about Taiwan. It looks like he may even be doing better there than you did. lol
Hi Winston,

Are you going straight to Taiwan next week? I'll be there on the 13th (my b-day). I used to live there on and off since 1999. I speak some Mandarin (white guy from California).
What will you do there? Wink -the usual? or do you have family to visit or something?
I'd love to hang out. I know a bunch of great veg restaurants --- so easy there. And yes, I know HappyCow well. Nice seeing the banners on your site.

Let me know when you'll be there and which city you plan on hanging in. Would be great to see you in action. IMO- Taiwan girls are easy, but take a little time. I once dated 5 at the same time and they all knew about each other. Worked fine for the first few months.... sometimes had sex with 3 in one day.
Eventually they each wanted more. Two of them followed me back to California.... at different times obviously. One is still after me 7 years later and I'll likely stay with her in Taipei next week.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Well Rock,
Like I told you, I've been to Taipei many times, and even used to work there. I never saw any difference in how open or friendly women were. It was the same. Zero eye contact. No girls wanted to talk to me, unless introduced by her friends. Etc.

It's hard to believe that white guys experience a 1000 percent different Taiwan than Asian guys do.

I've done what gits said. That list does not work, not for me at least. It's not that easy to just follow a few simple rules. I still get completely ignored.

But I still don't buy that TW is the wild sex party that you claim. That's not the TW I know, and no Taiwanese I know sees TW that way either.

Bottom line: TW girls do not stop when I say hell or excuse me. Unless you can find a way to change that, all this is a moot point. It's still zero.

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Well Rock,
Like I told you, I've been to Taipei many times, and even used to work there. I never saw any difference in how open or friendly women were. It was the same. Zero eye contact. No girls wanted to talk to me, unless introduced by her friends. Etc.

It's hard to believe that white guys experience a 1000 percent different Taiwan than Asian guys do.

I've done what gits said. That list does not work, not for me at least. It's not that easy to just follow a few simple rules. I still get completely ignored.

But I still don't buy that TW is the wild sex party that you claim. That's not the TW I know, and no Taiwanese I know sees TW that way either.

Bottom line: TW girls do not stop when I say hell or excuse me. Unless you can find a way to change that, all this is a moot point. It's still zero.
In Manila at Swagman now. Enjoyed meeting Steve Neese this time in Angeles. Very nice and genuine guy. Will have a quick JKorean foot massage across the street and then grab taxi to airport to catch my night flight to States.

First, just to rehash some old concepts. Different places are different experiences for different people. Even the USA is a dating and/or sexual paradise for some. I've seen guys who do very well there. You experience Taipei as someone who appears local whereas white and black guys are immediately recognized as foreigners there. Teenagers get treated differently as young adults who in turn get treated differently from middle aged people who in turn get treated differently than old people. I'd say the sweet spot for Taipei is early 20s to mid 30s regular looking westerner. One of Git's best friends in Taipei was a scrawny and below average looking late 20s eastern European dude who spoke decent Chinese (and lots of other languages like Lad), and was extremely aggressive and opportunistic. According to Gits, he got pulled like a machine (during the day mostly) and got laid weekly, often by multiple girls who were usually late teens to early 20s. He eventually married one of his pulls but by then, he had worked through many dozens of young Taiwanese women.

Secondly, just for perspective, how many months in total have you spent in Taipei as a fully grown adult? How many daytime approaches have you personally initiated? And how many nights in total have you gone out late into the night clubbing there. If your answer is less than 2 years, 50 approaches, and 30 nights respectively, I have more experience in Thailand than you do in Taiwan. And according to Lad, I'm unqualified to voice an accurate opinion about Thailand and the Thais cus I don't live there long term and have not localized.

Also, Taipei is a very different city at day vs. night. I myself prefer the daytime scene. But many foreigners who do well focus on the night scene. My French tenant form last year did well both at day and night cus he was student (access to many classmates) who liked to club a lot on the week-ends.

Anyway, it is what it is and whatever that happens to be will probably vary a lot from guy to guy.