Article: "No jobs in the U.S.? I'm moving!"

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Article: "No jobs in the U.S.? I'm moving!"

Post by Jackal »

Although this article is basically about American college grads who succeeded overseas, I think some of its ideas could inspire everybody.

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2011/new ... hpt=hp_bn3
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

They did not mention the visa/ work/business permit, etc situations. Many of my efforts of overseas jobs/companies have several times been stymied by not being able to legally do much unless I had huge capital.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

ladislav wrote:They did not mention the visa/ work/business permit, etc situations. Many of my efforts of overseas jobs/companies have several times been stymied by not being able to legally do much unless I had huge capital.
The requirements to start a registered business in China depends on the type of business, location, and local regulatory agencies. The rules on Wholly Foreign Owned Entity (WFOE), Representative Office (RO), Joint Venture (JV), etc. are all different. My partner started an internet SOE company in Fujian from scratch, so if anyone is interested in all the requirements, I can ask him.

However, the bottom line is that as long as you have capital, door will open for you. Usually there is a minimum capital requirement that you must fulfill to register a business.

Here's a quick comparison of how to register a business by country:

http://www.doingbusiness.org/data/explo ... a-business
http://www.doingbusiness.org/data/explo ... ess/china/
Last edited by momopi on August 30th, 2011, 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

Lets just have Ladislav hire us all.
How to deal with newbies that talk much but do little.

Pics or it didn't happen.

YES/NO

Cool story, bro.

Problem solved.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Hmm, where is the actual amount in dollars on those tables?

But it is sure nice to see these pale white faces of smiling Americans who have started a business in a Communist Oriental land and who are now doing well. The world has sure changed a lot.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

There's a job I qualify for on the DHL Europe (in Prague) web site, my problem, I have about $80 to my name.

I'm trying to see how long it would take a raise enough money to see about taking this job or another one with DHL.
JhonPaul
Freshman Poster

Post by JhonPaul »

Well thing are going to get a lot worse that's why i shifted from US 3 years ago.