Being a gamer, and the negative opinions assumed

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
boycottamericanwomen
Experienced Poster

Post by boycottamericanwomen »

Winston wrote:
boycottamericanwomen wrote:I grew up on the Nintendo 8 bit, Sega Genesis/Sega CD era, so that's why I'm attached to those games.

I still remember going into this huge electronic store as a kid, and seeing a demo of Sonic CD (for the Sega CD) being shown on a huge big screen TV, and the excitement of it all, so I have a lot of fond memories of those days.

Anyone else here play emulators of older systems?
I do. I've played some SNES and N64 games through emulators. You can download the emulators and games for them for free from these sites.

http://www.coolrom.com
http://www.romhustler.net

Some of the games are pretty fun. But the graphics aren't as good as in the original game system.
Yea I sometimes download games from those sites. N64 had some pretty bad ass games, like Goldeneye and Zelda 64. I also grew up on the N64, had some fun times on it. Another cool game was Mario Golf.
Attn: Please read "The TRUTH Be Told", a free eBook that can help save you from feminism and your guvment.

Read the book online
Download the book

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I tried playing Zelda 64, but I got stuck in a cavern where I couldn't even jump out of a ditch. I tried all the buttons but I could not make the character jump. How do you get it to jump onto a higher platform? Perhaps my joystick was not configured properly with all the N64 buttons?

I played golden eye. It was fun for a while, but all the killing got too repetitive, and the back and forth panning gave me motion sickness too.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

I miss Sega's Golden Axe. I was always the midget viking.

I miss Renegade where you can kick the dude in the balls and he's hoping up and down in pain for 5 seconds.

I miss playing C64's Lode Runner. Graphically simple as shit, but the functionality and logic was so pertinent to the game!

...There are many, many others that I shall dive into later!!
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
boycottamericanwomen
Experienced Poster

Winston wrote:I tried playing Zelda 64, but I got stuck in a cavern where I couldn't even jump out of a ditch. I tried all the buttons but I could not make the character jump. How do you get it to jump onto a higher platform? Perhaps my joystick was not configured properly with all the N64 buttons?

I played golden eye. It was fun for a while, but all the killing got too repetitive, and the back and forth panning gave me motion sickness too.
Not sure, I got stuck in Zelda 64, but it was way late in the game. To jump, you just move him towards the platform, and he jumps automatically. There's no jump button in the game.

I played Goldeneye for years on end, and never got tired of it. I never got motion sickness either, that's never happened to me during a game.
Attn: Please read "The TRUTH Be Told", a free eBook that can help save you from feminism and your guvment.

Read the book online
Download the book
boycottamericanwomen
Experienced Poster

E_Irizarry wrote:I miss Sega's Golden Axe. I was always the midget viking.

I miss Renegade where you can kick the dude in the balls and he's hoping up and down in pain for 5 seconds.

I miss playing C64's Lode Runner. Graphically simple as shit, but the functionality and logic was so pertinent to the game!

...There are many, many others that I shall dive into later!!
Never played those games, what are the other games you liked?

Read the book online
Download the book
Iawesome60
Freshman Poster

Re: Being a gamer, and the negative opinions assumed

Post by Iawesome60 »

magnum wrote:I know this is a random subject, but I felt I had to speak on it a little, and was interested what the rest of you had to say.

I'm a gamer, not as much as I used to be when I was younger, but I sure still love to game.

I just hate how people that play video games to this day are still looked down on, and stereotyped!

If you say you are a gamer the fallowing few examples are assumed about you.

1. you don't have a girl friend

2. you are fat

3. you have no ambition

4. your lack of social life led you to gaming

5. only men game

I've met all kinds of people who game, both online and offline, I've met military people, business men, strippers, hell I've met all kinds of people that play games.

So how come after all this time, people still have to fear saying "i'm a gamer" hell, if I put I'm a gamer on a american <a>dating</a> site, or even a foreign <a>dating</a> site, you're automatically tagged.

And what makes me even more sick, is half these people that belittle the gamers, spend so much time "chatting" "twittering" and "facebooking" and yet can't see what they do requires no skill whatsoever, have you ever attempted to play a competitive game and win fighting a experienced player, not easy at all.

So lets see, seeing as I have to defend my self lest I be disregarded as a "game" I'll list a few of my accomplishments

I exercise 4 to 5 times a week.

I'm a amateur nutritionist.

I do parkour in L.A a few times a month "for the people that don't know what that is I invite you to go to youtube right now and look it up"

I've proficient with firearms, though admittedly I'm a little bit of a natural.

just a small list that sounds nothing like what you assume based on what a "gamer" is thought to be.

Now at one point in my life when i was younger, sure I probably met a lot of the "gamer" stereotypes, but I think in this day and age, when games can make more revenue than Hollywood, it shouldn't still be looked down on or thought to be childish, as even at its base level, it takes more focus and skill to game then to watch a movie.
There is nothing wrong with playing video games. Playing video games is the equivalence of breathing, it's very normal. No one should shun someone's hobbies because they don't agree with them. I've played Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, Xbox 360, Gameboy (regular, advance, and sp), N64, Playstation, Playstation 2, Playstation 3 (my old roommate's), PC, SNES, Wii and Xbox (at my cousin's house). Here are my favorite games.

1. Mortal Kombat.
2. Street Fighter. When I played SSFIV, Balrog and Honda were easy to use. When I played Street Fighter a long time ago, I didn't know how to use charge characters. Now, I know.
3. Pokemon. Gyarados is my favorite Pokemon.
4. Gears of War 2 (I wish my xbox 360 worked though :( ). I think my level on xbox live is at level 65.
5. Super Smash Brothers. I've played the recent ones. Captain Falcon is an awesome character.
6. Madden series.
7. NBA series.
8. Halo series.
9. Golden Eye for the N64.
10. Donkey Kong 64.
11. One of the Mario racing games.
12. Call of Duty series. I don't know which game is the hardest shooter to play.
13. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It came out in 1989 and I played this game at Chucki Cheese. It was released on xbox live arcade 4 years ago and it is still up. Warning, the Shredder achievement has a glitch to it.

PS: If any woman doesn't like a man playing video games and tries to stop him, forget her. A woman truly loves her man if she doesn't try to change her man.
There aren't many attractive women (inside and outside) in America. A man wants a physically attractive woman with attractive personality traits. American women usually don't have that combination.

Ever since I found Winston's website and read the information on there, my life has been much easier and I've been a MUCH more happier person!

No matter how good she looks, some other guy is sick and tired of putting up with her crap. ~Author Unknown (Quote about women)
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

boycottamericanwomen wrote:I grew up on the Nintendo 8 bit, Sega Genesis/Sega CD era, so that's why I'm attached to those games.

I still remember going into this huge electronic store as a kid, and seeing a demo of Sonic CD (for the Sega CD) being shown on a huge big screen TV, and the excitement of it all, so I have a lot of fond memories of those days.

I have every emulator on my PC. Games I always wanted to play, but couldn't as a kid, I could play them. Games from Europe and Japan I wanted to play, I am now. System that I wanted so badly like the NeoGeo? I can play it now. Emulators are the bomb.

As for gamers being lazy and such...I have been playing video games since I was 5. I have had almost all of the popular systems (I have a Xbox 360 now) and no one on here or in real life would call me lazy or what not. Video games are a stress reliever. Probably the best stress reliever besides walking or writing. It has helped me when I needed to cool off.

Winston, I don't know what games you play, but the games I play take skill. You have to think. I have become smarter playing video games. In addition, I understood sports like hockey and football because of video games. I was never a big fan of football and I never understood the plays until I played Madden 96. Video games take skill and they do make you smarter. I don't know where you guys that speak negatively about this get your information from.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

N/A
Last edited by eurobrat on May 16th, 2013, 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JhonPaul
Freshman Poster

Post by JhonPaul »

Well the best game played and really had a good time was with Grand Theft Auto...
boycottamericanwomen
Experienced Poster

Phoenix Sosa wrote:

I have every emulator on my PC. Games I always wanted to play, but couldn't as a kid, I could play them. Games from Europe and Japan I wanted to play, I am now. System that I wanted so badly like the NeoGeo? I can play it now. Emulators are the bomb.

As for gamers being lazy and such...I have been playing video games since I was 5. I have had almost all of the popular systems (I have a Xbox 360 now) and no one on here or in real life would call me lazy or what not. Video games are a stress reliever. Probably the best stress reliever besides walking or writing. It has helped me when I needed to cool off.

Winston, I don't know what games you play, but the games I play take skill. You have to think. I have become smarter playing video games. In addition, I understood sports like hockey and football because of video games. I was never a big fan of football and I never understood the plays until I played Madden 96. Video games take skill and they do make you smarter. I don't know where you guys that speak negatively about this get your information from.
Hell yea, man. I am also planning on downloading every emulator and rom I can find.

Right now I am downloading a N64 emulator and some roms like Goldeneye and Mario Golf.

I plan to download a Sega Dreamcast emulator and download this Shenmue rom that I always heard was like the "next level in gaming". I heard this game took it to a whole new level, that you could literally do anything you wanted to. Also, Sonic Adventure looks cool, I never got a chance to play it.

What do you think of Playstation emulators and roms? I really want to download Final Fantasy 8 and 9, really badly. I already have Final Fantasy 7 for the PC. Also, do you know much about Playstation 2 emulators? I'd like to play the Final Fantasy games for the PS2. Final Fantasy 10 wasn't too much of a hit, but I'll play it anyway.

Final Fantasy is the KING OF GAMES, if you ask me. WHO AGREES?

Read the book online
Download the book
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

Um... video games are a real vice.

You don't see many female gamers, because video games take MALE energy to overcome. Masculine energy is that which is used to complete a task, to direct one's focus like a laser. This is why men love video games. It uses THEIR energy to allow them to enjoy it. This is also why the world of the physical is a man's world(men make inventions, men kill people, men strategize, men control the world).

The only thing that changed was that the industry is trying to get EVERYONE to play games now, even terrible players. They're trying to get as much money as they can from the stupid westerners(people even buy the SAME GAME in different wrappers, CoD and Battlefield are practically identical). Why?

Classic games such as Super Mario World were less of a vice. Now it's gotten more realistic, and gamers are getting more violent, addicted, and lifeless. I remember when I went to a game store with my uncle, old as dirt. He sees the CoD games played in droves in the store, and wonder why people like the realistic and violent nature of those FPS games. I told him the companies just tapped into the male's warlike tendencies. Zapped their initiative. You know the US army recruits idiots through gaming? Perfect way to get dumbasses to die for small time money and train them through virtual combat. The easiest merc to create. They already know how to operate many weapons in reality, and the US army is making it easier for people to use their weapons.

Personally, I loved games like Killer Instinct Gold, Goldeneye, Crash Bandicoot and many other gems. But I stopped playing, to hone my programming skills. Once you stop playing games(and watching TV), you'll see how different people can become, especially when people today's games. I play a couple fighters, Black Ops and classics on my PC. But I have to take a long break on the modern games after 30 mins, they mess up your vision, among other things.

They're like... zombies.
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

boycottamericanwomen wrote:
Phoenix Sosa wrote:

Hell yea, man. I am also planning on downloading every emulator and rom I can find.

Right now I am downloading a N64 emulator and some roms like Goldeneye and Mario Golf.

I plan to download a Sega Dreamcast emulator and download this Shenmue rom that I always heard was like the "next level in gaming". I heard this game took it to a whole new level, that you could literally do anything you wanted to. Also, Sonic Adventure looks cool, I never got a chance to play it.

What do you think of Playstation emulators and roms? I really want to download Final Fantasy 8 and 9, really badly. I already have Final Fantasy 7 for the PC. Also, do you know much about Playstation 2 emulators? I'd like to play the Final Fantasy games for the PS2. Final Fantasy 10 wasn't too much of a hit, but I'll play it anyway.

Final Fantasy is the KING OF GAMES, if you ask me. WHO AGREES?
You need a very high end desktop to play PS2 emulators. I have always had laptops except one desktop in high school. I tried to play PS2 emulators (PCSX2 is the best one) and it was super slow. ePSXe is the PS1 emulator I use and it is the best. I think Final Fantasy 7 is the best PS1 game ever besides Resident Evil.

If you want a DC emulator get nullDC. It works the best. Shenmue is still a masterpiece til this day. My friend had it and I was blown away. It is still better than most games out now. Dreamcast and Xbox 360 are the my favorite and I think they are the best systems ever made.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

I haven't played in a few weeks, upgrading the network, adding a server to the network, looking at women's profiles...

But I am on the last mission of GTA Vice City (PS2), just lazy. Playing a bit of Pro Race Driver 3 and still have to finish Pro Race Driver 2 and GT4 (All PS2).

I have ePSX Playstation Emulator, RockNES NES Emulator and SNESx9 and ZNES.

I also have a Sega Dreamcast for when I couldn't afford a PS2 and the DC was discontinued an discounted.

During the school year, I downloaded a few ROM sets, 702 NES Games (A majority of the best ones), 500 SNES games and about 20 PSX ISO's

So now I got more than a few games and mainly did it for the GameTime Media Browser Plug-In for Media Browser and Windows Media Center 7. I am trying to centralize everything (music, games, video) on the server (WHS 2011).

I may have to add another 2TB drive before I try to put EVERYTHING on the Server. I also won't be using VDJ with a local drive, but from the network via the server. I've already tested and it works fine.

Project, Projects, Projects....
Iawesome60
Freshman Poster

Post by Iawesome60 »

djfourmoney wrote:I haven't played in a few weeks, upgrading the network, adding a server to the network, looking at women's profiles...

But I am on the last mission of GTA Vice City (PS2), just lazy. Playing a bit of Pro Race Driver 3 and still have to finish Pro Race Driver 2 and GT4 (All PS2).

I have ePSX Playstation Emulator, RockNES NES Emulator and SNESx9 and ZNES.

I also have a Sega Dreamcast for when I couldn't afford a PS2 and the DC was discontinued an discounted.

During the school year, I downloaded a few ROM sets, 702 NES Games (A majority of the best ones), 500 SNES games and about 20 PSX ISO's

So now I got more than a few games and mainly did it for the GameTime Media Browser Plug-In for Media Browser and Windows Media Center 7. I am trying to centralize everything (music, games, video) on the server (WHS 2011).

I may have to add another 2TB drive before I try to put EVERYTHING on the Server. I also won't be using VDJ with a local drive, but from the network via the server. I've already tested and it works fine.

Project, Projects, Projects....
Djfourmoney and everyone else, I forgot to list Grand Theft Auto. I particularly relish GTA:Vice City and GTA: IV because those are the games I've played from the GTA series.
There aren't many attractive women (inside and outside) in America. A man wants a physically attractive woman with attractive personality traits. American women usually don't have that combination.

Ever since I found Winston's website and read the information on there, my life has been much easier and I've been a MUCH more happier person!

No matter how good she looks, some other guy is sick and tired of putting up with her crap. ~Author Unknown (Quote about women)
Heart of Shadows
Freshman Poster

Post by Heart of Shadows »

C.J. wrote: The only thing that changed was that the industry is trying to get EVERYONE to play games now, even terrible players. They're trying to get as much money as they can from the stupid westerners(people even buy the SAME GAME in different wrappers, CoD and Battlefield are practically identical). Why?

Classic games such as Super Mario World were less of a vice. Now it's gotten more realistic, and gamers are getting more violent, addicted, and lifeless. I remember when I went to a game store with my uncle, old as dirt. He sees the CoD games played in droves in the store, and wonder why people like the realistic and violent nature of those FPS games. I told him the companies just tapped into the male's warlike tendencies. Zapped their initiative. You know the US army recruits idiots through gaming? Perfect way to get dumbasses to die for small time money and train them through virtual combat. The easiest merc to create. They already know how to operate many weapons in reality, and the US army is making it easier for people to use their weapons.
Quoted for the truth.
Games like Halo started the whole consolization thing with games and series like call of duty and killzone(well killzone 2 and up) simply continued it.

Nowadays emulator wise I stick to snes and I end up playing either translated games or hacks for super mario world like brutal mario(fun mod) and most snes games I ended up playing seem to have better ideas, premises, gameplay and story than most of the crap they release 360 or ps3.
The only other systems I give a whirl nowadays is ps2 and ps1 but most times I just feel so bored from playing video games that I can't even bother.
"It is a sign of creeping inner death when we can no longer praise the living."
Eric Hoffer

"If human beings were shown what they're really like, they'd either kill one another as vermin, or hang themselves."
Aldous Huxley