What caused you to finally wake up?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
BoycottManginas
Freshman Poster

What caused you to finally wake up?

Post by BoycottManginas »

A lot of men on here much older than me only recently woke up to a few realities about the nature of America that really should be obvious to everyone. Two of those realities are; American life is not a life worth living, and American women are not women worth dating. I feel like screaming "Were y'all living under a rock for the past 40 years!!!!!" Instead I'll pose a question. What happened that changed your perspective? That changed America for you from the land of the brave to the land of the slave. I'm asking for a little honestly here.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

The Patriot Act

Post by ErikHeaven »

That is what caused me to wake up and all the idiots that still support it. After 911 the nation was officially over.
They still have signs in my local library that the GOV has access to our passwords-America finished.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Tons of stuff made me wake up. (Lots of other things I won't mention)

1. American Women
2. American Medicine
3. 9/11
4. Wars
5. Gold And Silver Prices Exploding
6. Hurricane Katrina 2005
7. Nasdaq Crash 2008
8. Mortgage Meltdown 2008
9. 10 Million People Laid Off 2008
10. BP Oil Spill 2010
11. Fukushima Radiation Disaster 2011

How bad does it have to get before you get the f**k out of here?
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

N/a
Last edited by eurobrat on May 16th, 2013, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

eurobrat wrote:What does this have anything to do with anything?

11. Fukushima Radiation Disaster 2011

I prefer my food and water without radiation in it, see the map below.

http://www.conspiracyplanet.com/channel ... entid=8927
jcris7
Freshman Poster

Post by jcris7 »

These are my top 7 reasons that woke up me up the hell of America that I'm now living in:

1) Elections for major political offices are rigged and controlled by factions and forces beyond reproach and the pale of scrutiny and accountability.

2) The corporate media and television entertainment is bought and paid for by the same forces as stated above in #1. A sense of fear and complacency-driven propaganda is instilled and spoon-fed into the mainstream American population about what the reality is around them, both in the news and tv dramas/comedy.

3) Law enforcement is corrupt; government is encroaching more and more in our lives everyday & criminalizing adherence and reverence to the US Constitution.

4) 9/11

5) Economic collapse imminent -- we may all be speaking Chinese soon.

6) America has become an anti-male gynocracy that favors women, and where women have more rights than men.

7) Artificial, plastic culture that is capitalist-driven, lacking human spirit and heart.
"Women age like milk; Men age like wine." - Tom Leykis
Hook
Freshman Poster

Post by Hook »

I have been contemplating living abroad because of the financial collapse that is inevitable with our unsustainable debt. I was thinking about places like Switzerland or Belize for financial reasons.

After reading Winston's book, I finally realized that women could be a lot better abroad as well.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

N/A
Last edited by eurobrat on May 16th, 2013, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simoun
Freshman Poster

Post by Simoun »

This is an interesting question, but wake up from what? We have a lot of problems. Chronologically I woke up from them in this order (yes, I'm a slow learner). Before I convinced myself that the problems were in my head:

1. Republicans pushing an Amnesty bill that 70% of Americans were against.
2. John McCain is Republican nominee for President. Most of the party hates him. Primaries were ordered to give him the edge in delegates. He's also probably the one guy least able to mount a challenge to Obama. Which also means that Obama was chosen to be the next President by some powers that be.
3. TARP bailout despite 300:1 phone calls against
4. Exponential increase in stories about police tasing people with minimal provocation and no knock shootings where innocents are killed. Also, more stories about police shooting dogs as SOP. Not just rottweilers, I mean f***ing poodles.
5. Enhanced patdowns at airports of old ladies and little kids. Increasing invasive security measures with no discernable purpose other than to cow Americans into submission. Contiguous with this is DOJ guidance that white male "extremists", you know, white guys who own a gun and watch NASCAR are the biggest threat to US security.
6. American women? I'll have to think about this one, but the straw that broke the camel's back was a girl I work with. She was living with her ex-boyfriend at the time. We hung out a few times and really hit it off, but she backed off because she was concerned that she was "cheating" on her ex, by hanging out with me. That was it for me. Sorry, it doesn't have to be this hard. It was around this time that I found this site and a few others and found a coherence to all the thoughts I had for years. Being in the legal industry I am fully aware of the misandrous legal system we have. One of my ex-girlfriends was a divorce attorney.
7. Recognition that nobody has the will to do what is needed to clean up this mess. Most Americans love vague ideas about what to do but don't want to realize the pain. 60% of the budget is SS, Medicare, Medicaid and defense. Each one of those needs to be cut in half immediately. Not going to happen. Politicians get elected by promising free cheese. Even this latest debt ceiling scheme is an abrogation of responsibility - giving 12 party members responsibility for hard choices. So pick guys who are either retiring or who are in safe districts and then wash your hands of any ownership of this debacle.

America for me has always been an idea, a distant dream of a shining city, we constantly march toward a better future unrealized. To me, all men who believe in being created equal, endowed by God with inalienable rights like life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness were "Americans" deep down. The territory known as the United States does not reflect this right now. But I am comforted by the fact that as long as a man holds these ideas in his heart, "America" will always exist. Sorry for the drawn out response, but I feel deeply about this. I am beholding a beloved die, and she deserves a requiem. If there is any consolation, I believe America can rise like a phoenix from the ashes better than any other country. Hope is a part of our DNA.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

BoycottManginas wrote:A lot of men on here much older than me only recently woke up to a few realities about the nature of America that really should be obvious to everyone.
Seems that way, but think of it like this: Not everybody is born with 20/20 vision as many of us need eyeglasses to correct our vision. I believe the same concept can be applied to our consciousness, in that, some of us need others (insert your own guru) to help sharpen our thinking and guide us on the path to think more critically.

Also, I believe IQ is a factor. The IQ test basically measures how well/quickly an individual can solve problems, therefore, people with higher IQ's should be able to spot the problems in American society much sooner then others with lower IQ's.

Lastly, some people grow up in terrible, dysfunctional homes that causes their general development to be arrested, therefore, they develop much later in life, if at all.

BoycottManginas wrote:Two of those realities are; American life is not a life worth living, and American women are not women worth dating. What happened that changed your perspective? That changed America for you from the land of the brave to the land of the slave. I'm asking for a little honestly here.
Well, for me, what "woke me up," or at least got me into the direction of questioning American life was realizing that MOST of the people I knew who were living the "American dream" were really not all that happy.

By the American dream, I mean:

1. Finnish collage
2. Find a good job
3. Get married
4. Buy a home
5. Have kids

Like I said, all the people I knew who were doing this were not genuinely happy (especially the males), they were often depressed and/or bored with their lives in addition to some of them becoming sick, stressed out, turning to drugs/alcohol, or abandoning their family life altogether; therefore, I started looking for alternative less stressful ways to live as I did not want to end up in the same boat.

I then later on found out about American women (and woman's nature in general) through curiosity on the internet as I was researching the concept of living as a permanent bachelor after having one too many encounters with poorly developed (mentally) American women from all social economic backgrounds.

That said, and going back to the topic of "what woke me up" about America, although I don't trust the American government AT ALL, I am grateful that I still have some freedom over here. I mean, despite what Infowars may say about a police state, we still have freedoms in America, such as, we can publicly speak out against the government and not have much to worry about, contrast to, say, Thailand where open criticism of the Thai monarchy will immediately land you in jail, and books such as, The King Never Smiles: A Biography of Thailand's Bhumibol Adulyadej, are completely banned. For me, that's all I need to know to keep things in perspective.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

I had to submit this: I did not write this, but it's SOOOO true:

"Amerikkka is a business, a corporation. it is not in the interests of you or your family. It is in the interests of its own vehicle. To cure you of a mind disease or physical disease and cure you is not part of the game. The game is to make money from you and your family as slaves that feed the business corporate machine. Therefore, it is in your interest to take care of yourselves or be an experiment in the corporate business labs of an empire based on business, greed, money, AND FULL FLEDGE WARS. America is an industrial military business, a prison industrial complex business, a pharmaceutical lab which sees people as cattle to be experimented on and make money while killing you. Welcome To Amerikkka, land of no culture, land of the matrix where things do not always seem what they appear. The Amerikkkan Matrix of Illusions
."
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

I'm only going to toss a few out.

1. having been 300 lbs losing all the weight getting athletic and in shape just to end up receiving the same lack of attention from american women i did when i was 300 lbs, and then finding foreign women to appreciate me.

2. being unemployed for up to 2 years wile seeing countless illegals get the same jobs I applied for.

3. judgmental and overly aggressive personalities of local men/women pointing the finger and saying I'm weird for not joining in the fray of insanity that is are social culture now

4. letting countless illegals in who retain pride for formerly abandoned country, wile at the same time infecting are own culture/laws and remaining xenophobic and intercultural, causing are country to grow negatively and apart

5. politics being treated like a stalk market by political scum bags who simply seek to be rich wile taking away freedom.

6. my mother is probably the biggest reason, she constantly uses physiological warfare on my father when I was growing up, she sits around all day long on the computer, doing NOTHING to better herself, she's overweight, she lost all her weight at one point and gained it all back, she's a lot of the reason I used to be fat, she constantly bitches about how the house is never clean and how she isn't the only one making a mess "when in reality 90% of it is her fault" and even so, she doesn't work, and hasn't for years now, wile everyone in the house HAS a job, so who cares if she is the only one who cleans, SHE NEVER COOKS and when she gets around to cooking for my father he hates it 90% of the time, and it takes so long due to her being distracted by the computer he doesn't want to wait around for it anyway, if my mother WANTS something she gets it, and if she doesn't get it, she stresses my dad half to death.

I've had to resist and live with this shit for my entire life, I told my old man, I will f***ing NEVER get with a woman even remotely like my mother, then later in life I found out how foreign women are the exact opposite of my mother, and more or less haven't looked back.

My definition of America?

A big cage with a illusion of freedom that will never open its doors to let you out but always give you a rain check, wile allowing countless people inside a already overcrowded cage, supplementing freedom with a few extra liberties.

My definition of outside the usa?

Less liberties and more freedoms, more abilities to live OUTSIDE a cage, with MORE respect and MORE value from others.

I'm only 26, but I've felt this way for over 10 years.

I didn't have a normal childhood or social life, and I think that's why I can see through the "looking glass" so to speak.

but I think most people are just too scared to accept the reality that the US is not the best place in the world to live.

I tell my old man all the time to retire to a country where his retirement will make him rich....but he wont because he doesn't want to put up with living in a foreign country, and his wife who spends all day on a f***ing computer and never goes outside wouldn't feel safe in another country..... who cares what's outside if you NEVER LEAVE THE HOUSE..... so because of all this bs, my poor dad is going to have a horrible retirement.

end of rant.
Free
Freshman Poster

Post by Free »

Aside from the obvious women issue (which I really just see as a symptom/result of a different factor), unfortunately I can't mention the next two issues in line here at this forum. Surprisingly/unsurprisingly hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread. IMHO both, but mostly one of them actually contributes to several of the issues people already listed.
Considering the thread title does not specify the US, the issue also is applicable in other Western countries.

Obviously that is no help to anyone else, just mentioning for this poll where my spot is, off in the undisclosed other category. I won't expand further. This is not the place to do so. Other places on the net and in real life for that.

The main reason for posting is just to say well done for a nice thread encompassing the many pressing issues that have been developing and exist today, and sadly, looking to increase higher.
"Give me liberty or give me death" - Patrick Henry
Truthville
Freshman Poster

Post by Truthville »

When did I wake up?

I don't think I ever was asleep! :wink:

I always knew, deep down, that I was different than other people and really different than the guys I grew up with.

The "shocker" for me was when I was in High School and found that the women I dated DIDN'T want any kind of growing/evolving relationship, just cheap sex. Hey, that's great you might say! Well, it wasn't what I was looking for. I was looking for a connection beyond the physical. I then learned how to play the "bad boy" game and though the women loved it, I felt like a phoney and a jackass for doing it. So I stopped, and so did the phone calls!

:lol:

I always knew, deep down, that the massive consumer/consumption culture we created couldn't, wouldn't and shouldn't last. Unfortunately, it's all we, as a country, know.
"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: "I am a wretchedly longstanding victim;therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition."

"It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised."
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

1. Getting a divorce 8 years ago. Actually my ex is a very nice lady but she went from weighing 125lbs to 165lbs and I lost my lust. Call me shallow but I had always dated attractive women. I couldn't handle being her being heavy.

2. Trips abroad. For the first time, I traveled! Went to Philippines, Brazil, Thailand. I discovered that I had THE POWER to choose lovely ladies and they wanted to be with me.

3. The ineptitude of the US political scene. My biggest pet peeve is that the US continues to try to be the "Policeman of the World" and we can't afford it. So now that my social security is being compromised because we are chasing Al Queda around the Middle East. Really? Really? How about we stop this nonsense NOW. Let's worry about our own back yard before we volunteer to mow the neighbors lawn. But regardless who is at the helm, this crap continues! If we are to continue to fight this war, it must be an equal NATO based effort where all countries chip in on an equal basis.

4. Women are turning into men and men are turning into women. I'm too old school for this junk. I don't like my women with short hair, tattoos and gutter mouths.

5. The entitlement mentality. Nobody owes you anything!!!! The govt is not here to hand you money. If you don't get off the couch and support yourself you don't deserve to be supported by the rest of those who do work hard.