She wants to meet, but is asking for a copy of my ID...WTF?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
jcris7
Freshman Poster

She wants to meet, but is asking for a copy of my ID...WTF?

Post by jcris7 »

Okay..header says it all. Here's the details:

24 y/o filipina chats me up on cherryblossoms, currently staying in San Diego. She asks about me, who I am, what I do..etc. After we've gotten to talking for a while, I asked if we could meet since she is only an hour away from me. So, she reveals to me, and asked that she not judge me on the circumstances, that she is staying in San Diego, staying with this guy to see how things are working out. She tells me they are not, and the feelings are mutual for calling things off. He hasn't told her how he feels yet, but his disinterest is very obvious she said. She does want to meet me. We set next Friday as a meet time. She is here for two more weeks.

Now, here comes, what I perceive to be a real slap in the face -- she asks for a scanned copy of my DL, because "I want to make sure you aren't some psycho, and if something happens, I can go to the sheriff. Afterall I'm meeting a stranger" or some shit like that. <--- possible red flag

So we get on skype, and start talking. Everything is going all right in my book. I could be wrong, but it seems that the westernized feminazi ways of the UK have gotten to this girl (she spent several years living and working in the UK, and has a full blown British accent). However, she expressed at one point in our skype session that she "is tired of the Western world" and is returning to the Philippines. Good for her.

However, I refuse to be treated like a criminal, and a piece of garbage she can just throw out if she finds one thing about me she doesn't like, after driving 100 miles and spending gas to get down there. Afterall thats the Western woman's way isn't it? Fickle, petty, superficial, unstable. I could also be opening a can of worms by giving my drivers license information, and I do not believe I should have to give out my address of all things to someone I don't know yet. I asked her to show her ID over skype, and her excuse was she didn't have it on hand.

While we hit it off pretty good over skype (I always webcam with prospects to get a real feel for them), my reactions to her request for my ID we're that it was unwarranted, an insult, and unnecessary. I operate on honesty, trust and respect. And we are meeting in a public place, so verifying who I am is a moot point as far as I'm concerned. If we aren't feeling each other, we will opt to end the date, and walk away. No hard feelings.

Your thoughts gentlemen?
"Women age like milk; Men age like wine." - Tom Leykis

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 29th, 2013, 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Simoun
Freshman Poster

Post by Simoun »

It's a felony, but it's also a pain in the ass to clear up a stolen identity. I say no way, the rest of her story also sounds like a red flag to me. She can meet you in a public place with a friend if she has some concerns about her safety.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

I think its a cultural thing Filipinas do when there online chatting. I had one Filipina show me her passport page with her picture and another Filipina show me her security clearance for working. At the time I thought is was strange considering I never asked to see it.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: She wants to meet, but is asking for a copy of my ID...W

Post by OutWest »

jcris7 wrote:Okay..header says it all. Here's the details:

24 y/o filipina chats me up on cherryblossoms, currently staying in San Diego. She asks about me, who I am, what I do..etc. After we've gotten to talking for a while, I asked if we could meet since she is only an hour away from me. So, she reveals to me, and asked that she not judge me on the circumstances, that she is staying in San Diego, staying with this guy to see how things are working out. She tells me they are not, and the feelings are mutual for calling things off. He hasn't told her how he feels yet, but his disinterest is very obvious she said. She does want to meet me. We set next Friday as a meet time. She is here for two more weeks.

Now, here comes, what I perceive to be a real slap in the face -- she asks for a scanned copy of my DL, because "I want to make sure you aren't some psycho, and if something happens, I can go to the sheriff. Afterall I'm meeting a stranger" or some shit like that. <--- possible red flag

So we get on skype, and start talking. Everything is going all right in my book. I could be wrong, but it seems that the westernized feminazi ways of the UK have gotten to this girl (she spent several years living and working in the UK, and has a full blown British accent). However, she expressed at one point in our skype session that she "is tired of the Western world" and is returning to the Philippines. Good for her.

However, I refuse to be treated like a criminal, and a piece of garbage she can just throw out if she finds one thing about me she doesn't like, after driving 100 miles and spending gas to get down there. Afterall thats the Western woman's way isn't it? Fickle, petty, superficial, unstable. I could also be opening a can of worms by giving my drivers license information, and I do not believe I should have to give out my address of all things to someone I don't know yet. I asked her to show her ID over skype, and her excuse was she didn't have it on hand.

While we hit it off pretty good over skype (I always webcam with prospects to get a real feel for them), my reactions to her request for my ID we're that it was unwarranted, an insult, and unnecessary. I operate on honesty, trust and respect. And we are meeting in a public place, so verifying who I am is a moot point as far as I'm concerned. If we aren't feeling each other, we will opt to end the date, and walk away. No hard feelings.

Your thoughts gentlemen?
Run! yes, that is an insult. If she has so little confidence in her ability to judge your character, that she has to get your ID- forget it. You might respond that you are careful with giving out your ID to anyone you don't know well due to all the ID thieves out there!
A gentleman might suggest meeting in a comfortable public place on a first date situation, but getting your ID first? Send this one packing, as she thinks it is ok to cavalierly insult you. (Like a typical American woman.) She has been drinking the Anglo-American feminist cool-aid .

Outwest.
Misamis Oriental, Mindanao
Truthville
Freshman Poster

Post by Truthville »

jcris7?

My feeling is that, since I've never heard of this before, it's some kind of scam of some sort. You are wrong eurobrat in that she CAN do something with it as far as take the scan and info it provides, take a blank ID, transpose the info with whatever picture she likes, and presto-chango, she has jcris7's identifying info with a new picture AND signature. Perhaps the "guy" she is living with, and did she get a scan of his DL before moving in with him, will be the new "jcris7?"

Perhaps I'm paranoid.
You are meeting her in a public place SO where is the threat for her?

I'm not you jcris7, BUT I'd pass on this one! :shock:
"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: "I am a wretchedly longstanding victim;therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition."

"It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised."
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

jcris7 wrote:
she asks for a scanned copy of my DL, because "I want to make sure you aren't some psycho, and if something happens, I can go to the sheriff. Afterall I'm meeting a stranger" or some shit like that. <--- possible red flag
Her comments say everything about her. that is the damn USA culture she is in man. she now thinks every man is dangerous or potentionally dangerous. you might be a predator or stalker. some NON-SENSE like that.

i am getting tired of the foreign women that have lived here for too long. 1 year is a done deal for me. they have changed ALOT within that time frame. and become paranoid, unapproachable, don't want eye contact, don't want you to look at her body ( because to her it means " he just wants sex"). all of this is non sense.

dump her and move on.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

OutWest wrote:

Your thoughts gentlemen?
Run! yes, that is an insult. If she has so little confidence in her ability to judge your character, that she has to get your ID- forget it. You might respond that you are careful with giving out your ID to anyone you don't know well due to all the ID thieves out there!
A gentleman might suggest meeting in a comfortable public place on a first date situation, but getting your ID first? Send this one packing, as she thinks it is ok to cavalierly insult you. (Like a typical American woman.) She has been drinking the Anglo-American feminist cool-aid .

Outwest.
Point taken. You should beware of any woman that demands something from you before your seriously dating her. She has to prove to you that she’s worthy of your time not the other way around. This is especially true in Mindanao where competition for men is fierce
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Your thoughts gentlemen?

Na, I would not give a her a copy of my ID. If she were that worried the real way to find out is to hire a private investigator to do a simple back ground check.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Competition for men in Mindanao

Post by OutWest »

Taco wrote:
OutWest wrote:

Your thoughts gentlemen?

Outwest.
Point taken. You should beware of any woman that demands something from you before your seriously dating her. She has to prove to you that she’s worthy of your time not the other way around. This is especially true in Mindanao where competition for men is fierce
You are quite right. Just the ability to support a family, to be "husband material" in the eyes of most filipinas in Mindanao, means
you are a rare creature here. That is certainly no more than 10% of the male population just on economics alone, and when you
run those through a few other filters, probably about 5% of men are seen as ideal. Obviously, most women will end up settling for far less, but on the get-go, it seems 50% of young females are looking to meet about 5% of the men.
If you are one of the few males seen as super qualified, and a foreigner to boot, the competition is fierce indeed. Some would rather be a mistress or "part time wife" to such a man rather than settle for their dismal alternatives. It is not unheard of to get a
"I want a white baby" proposal from a girl you know only casually, like a clerk at Gaisano Mall or SM in Cagayan de Oro.
When you are obviously not just a tourist (Or Sex tourist!) Mindanao girls see you quite differently. I have had dozens of various proposals over the years from young relatively attractive young women. Especially if you are known by someone in their circle, you become "safe and vetted" ..let the scheming begin!

Outwest
The Arab
Freshman Poster

Post by The Arab »

ssjparris wrote:
jcris7 wrote:
she asks for a scanned copy of my DL, because "I want to make sure you aren't some psycho, and if something happens, I can go to the sheriff. Afterall I'm meeting a stranger" or some shit like that. <--- possible red flag
Her comments say everything about her. that is the damn USA culture she is in man. she now thinks every man is dangerous or potentionally dangerous. you might be a predator or stalker. some NON-SENSE like that.

i am getting tired of the foreign women that have lived here for too long. 1 year is a done deal for me. they have changed ALOT within that time frame. and become paranoid, unapproachable, don't want eye contact, don't want you to look at her body ( because to her it means " he just wants sex"). all of this is non sense.

dump her and move on.
What else does it mean ......

:P
The Arab
Freshman Poster

Post by The Arab »

To the thread starter :

She is living with (and f***ing) some man she met and you want to date her ?

You are a white Anglo-Saxon man, preserve your genes bro and mate with Russian/Eastern European women. Why are you not planning to reproduce with your own race ?
Hook
Freshman Poster

Post by Hook »

I wouldn't show her the ID, because she can use it for ID theft.

The fact that she is going out on dates with guys while living with a boyfriend should be sending HUGE red flags. Even if she says it is on the rocks, doesn't mean she can just fool around. When she breaks it off, THEN she can hook up with others.

She has been in the West for years now, and is fully Westernized.

I think the problem is you don't understand how high your social value is. With your looks and background, you should be pulling 10s everywhere, with good personalities too.

There is so much better out there man, don't waste it on this kind of nonsense.
jcris7
Freshman Poster

Post by jcris7 »

The Arab wrote:To the thread starter :

You are a white Anglo-Saxon man, preserve your genes bro and mate with Russian/Eastern European women. Why are you not planning to reproduce with your own race ?
Off topic. I started this thread to get some insights & thoughts on this specific situation, and to contribute a piece of data that enhances the overall mission statement of HA, not how I elect to pass my genes on. The consensus with this woman among fellow posters is No, No, and Hell No, and I am writing her off. Not worth it. She is DONE.

I have no interest in Russian/Eastern European women, and it is my individual right and discretion as to who I wish to pursue, interracially or otherwise. Why am I not planning to reproduce within my own race? For starters, because I cannot have children in the first place. So, are you dictating to me some kind of mandate that I must stay within my own race? Very brazen. I would appreciate that you please refrain from such presumptuous and frankly, racist statements. It is offensive and inflammatory.
"Women age like milk; Men age like wine." - Tom Leykis
Hook
Freshman Poster

Post by Hook »

The Arab wrote:To the thread starter :

I think the race thing isn't worth the headache. Besides, there are attractive women in every race.

Aren't you black, Arab? Does that mean you wouldn't hook up with Heidi Klum? She hooked up with a black guy.