Does downing women make them want you more?

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Winston
Site Admin

Does downing women make them want you more?

Post by Winston »

Question:

One of my friends in Angeles, who has had thousands of women here (no romance though, just P4P), claims that it's better to down a woman's looks rather than compliment her, to make her feel insecure and unworthy so that she will try to prove herself to you. He says that this makes them want you more, and is part of his game. This reminds me of the PUA tactic by David DeAngelo of teasing women and making them feel insecure to make them feel attracted to you.

Have you guys tried this? Is it true that downing women or teasing them makes them want you more?

I am very skeptical of that. Needless to say, I've seen him try it in the bar, and only dysfunctional airhead types or psychotic types of women seem to go for it. But the girls I go for tend to prefer my style of flirting with them and giving them sweet, over the top but creative compliments. They do not like his style. Guys like him do not have a romantic molecule in their body, and can never really connect with women, so he can never really have the chemistry with them that I do, nor relate to it. But he is a funny guy with an entertaining personality. He just has no sensitivity, feelings or romance in his personality at all. Nor does he like having romantic relationships, only sexual ones, hence he never gets a real girlfriend here. But he does have many girls that he sees regularly, mostly for P4P.

So my conclusion is that downing women to make them want you, only works on airhead/dysfunctional/psychotic types. It doesn't work on nice down to earth sweet girls, or intelligent women for that matter.

What do you all think?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

I think its a bit more subtle than spouting out obvious negs.

If you shower a girl with compliments and often remind her of how beautiful or sexy you think she is, you've basically laid out all your cards on the table and given her your personal validation. She will think you are very easy to get should whenever she wants you. This approach may work effectively for a few girls but generally, I believe its a very small subset. Its human nature to take easy things for granted. Put yourself into her shoes. If a regular girl is totally into you and hands you all her power, you will probably end-up using her but not respect or appreciate her very much.

Suppose you are on the borderline of being 'her type'. If you hand her all the power right in the beginning, I think its easy to fall out of her favor. On the other hand, if you behave in a more unclear and subtle way, she will guess and second guess. She does not know exactly where she stands in your eyes and that will likely stimulate more thought and curiosity about you on her part. The more you enter her mind in the early stages, the better your chances with her. Under such a scenario, she will have more respect for you too.

I'm not talking PUA BS here, just basic human nature. Now if you are a natural seducer loaded with charm and a sexy baritone voice, perhaps you can achieve great success with the upfront approach. But if you come-off as an average Joe who worships hotties, I kinda doubt your in their face compliments will get them very wet or excited. Are Filipinas any different?
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

I've always found that drowning them makes them want you more! Sorry couldn't resist!
swincor
Freshman Poster

Post by swincor »

LOL that's pretty sick :mrgreen:
Dogboy86
Freshman Poster

Post by Dogboy86 »

You beat me to it pete98146! Dang it! Lol :)
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"!!!
Hook
Freshman Poster

Post by Hook »

pete98146 wrote:I've always found that drowning them makes them want you more! Sorry couldn't resist!
That's what I read too. I was afraid that Winston had finally gone 'round the bend or something.
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

Rock wrote:I think its a bit more subtle than spouting out obvious negs.

If you shower a girl with compliments and often remind her of how beautiful or sexy you think she is, you've basically laid out all your cards on the table and given her your personal validation. She will think you are very easy to get should whenever she wants you. This approach may work effectively for a few girls but generally, I believe its a very small subset. Its human nature to take easy things for granted. Put yourself into her shoes. If a regular girl is totally into you and hands you all her power, you will probably end-up using her but not respect or appreciate her very much.

Are you talking about american women in general or all women.

This is mostly true about foriegn women as well i noticed at least on facebook. i used to give LOTS and LOTS of compliments. very different ones. they would do things like " hihihi". or hahaa. something like that they would chat with me but completely stop chatting with me.

all because i gave too many compliments.

yet, winston says giving a filipina girl compliments in her country is enough for her to go out with you.

a female friend told me the women stopped talking to me because of these reasons. 1. i might want sex with them. 2. i want something from them.

as if i want to take advantage of them. Silly stuff like this that is in their head.

so all in all. i prefer to give compliments in person. BUT just ONE compliment. she is over with you if you give to many compliments.

women can really be difficult to handle. :lol:
leavingusa
Freshman Poster

Post by leavingusa »

Every time I've given a compliment to AW it backfires instantly, game over.

Foreign girls in America ok a little better but still shit.

Don't do it here, maybe somewhere else but I tend to doubt that.
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

I rarely compliment girls, for what they know they're pretty.
The times i do compliment them is on her character and if she deserves it. Not being flattery like many guys, just honest and sincere with myself

So i guess i'm one to down a girl more, haha. Light teasing doesn't do any harm i think, as long as she's having fun
have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

Great topic!

I figured out a perfect combination, first actually seen it in PUA material I used to read. I never wanted to throw out negs before, I was only thinking about compliments and sweet relationship. But since I am a nice guy and you just CANNOT let the girl know she is goddess and everything you will ever need, I do it in small bites here and there.

For example, I may hug and compliment the girl on her looks when we are together. But then I would just briefly laugh about her repetition words (for Americans, those words are "uhhh", "Like: ...like I was wow or ...like yeah, why not" - Russians call them "words-parasites" lol. I would also jokingly point that she's got a pimple on her ass :) Oh I was laughing so hard at how she was confused, but then I hugged her and said "No matter what, you are still beautiful for me". Shit like that. When you do that, you let the girl know that she isn't 100% perfect and she is NOT the queen, but despite her deficiencies you still love her! So far it worked out perfectly for me, it comes very naturally with FSU girls.
DaRick
Freshman Poster

Post by DaRick »

Anglo girls don't accept compliments, unless they are already attracted to you.

I find that FW will (both online and in person), but I guess it's best not to overdo it.

If any girl takes umbrage to compliments, they probably have unspecified issues. Why bother with them?
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

Drowning women is awesome! I-I mean... :oops: j/k

I DO however, like pulling a girl off the pedestal. It's so funny! I did this to a female friend I used to like(but now despise) and I couldn't stop! I was on a roll and ROFLMAO'd all day. I'd turn every answer to my question into a psychological war. I think she loved it. I'm gonna do it more often. :)

I think the problem with applying PUA BS like DeAngelo's cocky and funny routine is that, it's no good to anyone but people who already DON'T need women! You gotta have some extreme disdain for women to apply this stuff and actually WANT to do it.
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

Down all American Women - tell them they are screwed-up, ego-centric fat, ugly bush-pigs. Then you won't ever need to worry about gold-diggers, fatal attractions, freaks, fruit-cakes and fruit-loops. There's no good American women left, so just throw sh!t at all of them - you'll be pleased you did when you get older & don't have to put up with PMS or a divorce we all know is on the cards.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Re: Does downing women make them want you more?

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Winston wrote:Question:

One of my friends in Angeles, who has had thousands of women here (no romance though, just P4P), claims that it's better to down a woman's looks rather than compliment her, to make her feel insecure and unworthy so that she will try to prove herself to you. He says that this makes them want you more, and is part of his game. This reminds me of the PUA tactic by David DeAngelo of teasing women and making them feel insecure to make them feel attracted to you.

Have you guys tried this? Is it true that downing women or teasing them makes them want you more?

I am very skeptical of that. Needless to say, I've seen him try it in the bar, and only dysfunctional airhead types or psychotic types of women seem to go for it. But the girls I go for tend to prefer my style of flirting with them and giving them sweet, over the top but creative compliments. They do not like his style. Guys like him do not have a romantic molecule in their body, and can never really connect with women, so he can never really have the chemistry with them that I do, nor relate to it. But he is a funny guy with an entertaining personality. He just has no sensitivity, feelings or romance in his personality at all. Nor does he like having romantic relationships, only sexual ones, hence he never gets a real girlfriend here. But he does have many girls that he sees regularly, mostly for P4P.

So my conclusion is that downing women to make them want you, only works on airhead/dysfunctional/psychotic types. It doesn't work on nice down to earth sweet girls, or intelligent women for that matter.

What do you all think?

Not to go off topic, but verbal attacks, and verbal put downs is a classic tool that women use to control men ( they use this in conjunction with withholding sex as a combo).

Women launch verbal attacks to piss men off for just for the sake of being cruel, all the way to motivating a man to take action in the direction the woman want to go because she knows that the man she is manipulating will do anything to win her approval.

Examples of female verbal attacks directed toward men:

"You need to get a better job"
"I hate your hobby"
"You're not manly enough"
"Your job is not prestigious"
"Are you going to wear that?"
"Your car is too loud"
" You still live with your parents?!"
" You don't make enough money!"
" You broke A%%!"
" You can't afford me"
" Your house is too small!"
" You don't own a home?"
" You still live in a apartment!"
" You're not good enough for me"
" You're too nice!"
"You're too quiet!"
" You never argue with me!"
" You're too short"
"I don't date losers"
" I hate your friends"
" You're a mama's boy"
" You're not a man"
" You still live with your roommates?!"
" You can't even get laid!"
"have fun with your 5 fingers tonight"
"that's why you have to use your hand"

To the inexperienced man watch out because these are powerful words that will hit a man at his core due to the fact that most men derive a big part of their manhood from the approval of women.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here near the end, Steve Hoca makes an important point about downing women to make them want you. He said it ONLY works if they are attracted to you first. If they find you unattractive, downing them won't do anything except repulse them. What do you all think? Isn't that so true?

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne