Realistic age gap in relationships?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
magnum
Junior Poster

Realistic age gap in relationships?

Post by magnum »

I thought I'd throw this question.

Seeing as it's vary unlikely I'll have everything together before my late 20's or just about at 30, I was wondering at what point I'll have to start looking at older women as potential wives.

I'm not going to lie I really don't want to wed anyone in the late 20s, that's just my personal preference, I've always had it in my head to wed a younger woman but I'm worried now that I'm getting older "26" that my options are going to be vary thin when it comes to younger women, so maybe a few of the better informed could give me a little more light on the subject.

my preference are japanese and korean, maybe chinese and thai women, and I'm rather sure japanese/korean women only tolerate 2 to 3 years of a age difference, but I'm not so sure.

I'm guessing for thai and chinese women it isn't as big of a deal, though I'm sure the quality of the women I could get will go down substantially the older I get.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Re: Realistic age gap in relationships?

Post by davewe »

magnum wrote:I thought I'd throw this question.

Seeing as it's vary unlikely I'll have everything together before my late 20's or just about at 30, I was wondering at what point I'll have to start looking at older women as potential wives.

I'm not going to lie I really don't want to wed anyone in the late 20s, that's just my personal preference, I've always had it in my head to wed a younger woman but I'm worried now that I'm getting older "26" that my options are going to be vary thin when it comes to younger women, so maybe a few of the better informed could give me a little more light on the subject.

my preference are japanese and korean, maybe chinese and thai women, and I'm rather sure japanese/korean women only tolerate 2 to 3 years of a age difference, but I'm not so sure.

I'm guessing for thai and chinese women it isn't as big of a deal, though I'm sure the quality of the women I could get will go down substantially the older I get.
I'm with you on this. Late 20s is my max as well. Of course I am 58, not 26!

If you read this forum you should know that large age gaps are common with foreign women. And my God, you're only 26. Yours is not the time to worry about age. In fact when it comes to foreign women there probably is never an age where you'd have to worry. Especially if you are wanting to marry and have the ability to support a wife. In my modest experience younger foreign women are only worried that a younger guy like you will just want to play and not be serious. If you are serious about a relationship and have it together personally, you will have your choice.

Make your life happen and the women will be there for you. Do not start to limit yourself otherwise you will age quickly.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

@magnum,

Yeah, man. It's a Calvinist/Puritanical moral of Anglosphere-based society to be prudish denoting large age gaps to be taboo.

I never heard of that shit ever outside of the Anglosphere. I hope the manifest destiny of America curtails and fails completely.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Foreign women don't care about the age difference as much as American women do. Look at Mark and his wife Anna, he is 25 years older than her and she doesn't care! She was 19 when they met and he was 44.

As a matter of fact, here is a video his wife made regarding the subject of age differences.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

jamesbond wrote:

Foreign women don't care about the age difference as much as American women do. Look at Mark and his wife Anna, he is 25 years older than her and she doesn't care! She was 19 when they met and he was 44.

As a matter of fact, here is a video his wife made regarding the subject of age differences.

JamesBond, would the same thing hold true if I met a woman that is as much older than me than Mark is older than Anna? Or do foreign women (as a general Rule of Thumb) do not go for younger guys?
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

Thanks a lot, I've been so worried that I missed the gravy train of women simply because I didn't discover foreign women sooner.

I'm not a player AT ALL, I'm looking for one woman to spend the rest of my life with, and I mean involved actively with, not the idiotic american idea of marriage where you never interact or do anything togeather other then the occasional argument.

I just need to get a career going asap
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:JamesBond, would the same thing hold true if I met a woman that is as much older than me than Mark is older than Anna? Or do foreign women (as a general Rule of Thumb) do not go for younger guys?
I think foreign women don't really care about an age difference as long as their is chemistry between her and the man. For them, love is far more important than an age difference.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

jamesbond wrote:
The_Hero_of_Men wrote:JamesBond, would the same thing hold true if I met a woman that is as much older than me than Mark is older than Anna? Or do foreign women (as a general Rule of Thumb) do not go for younger guys?
I think foreign women don't really care about an age difference as long as their is chemistry between her and the man. For them, love is far more important than an age difference.
I asked because I might be going out of the country next year... and I am hoping to meet women over there (Россия)
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
onezero4u
Freshman Poster

Post by onezero4u »

holy shit Magnum You arrived just in time (before marrying an older woman!!!)

dont...repeat...dont do it !! that is just plain retarded.

men get character, experience, charm and hopefuly affluence with age....woman just get old, worn out and bitter!!!

some cultures estimate the idea age differrence to be:

mans age divided by 2 and then add 7 years to get the girls ideal age.

say if you get your shits in order at 30...

30 / 2 = 15 + 7 = 22

so you should be chasing roughly 22 year olds when your 30. of course YMMV but its a decent rule of thumb says i.

oh & if you dig older woman...no worries, just dont ever marry one for fux sake amigo.
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

I sware...all my friends act as if it's no big deal to go out with women up to 10 years older, I swear to jesus I WILL never get with a older woman, EVER.

I don't dig older women AT ALL, I like young women, I think it's crucial for a relationship to work out, but in this day and age in america your lucky to get a date with a decent woman your age.

Call me stubborn, but I wasn't about to date a older woman at all, I honestly rather die single then end up with something I don't want, I have a certain idea in my head, and I plan to make it a reality as best i can!
MarkDY
Freshman Poster

Post by MarkDY »

Last year I went to Bogota. I was 47 at the time and I was asked by a 20 year old. She was not aware of my age. When I told her my age, she said love doesn't know a number. We ended up spending the night together. I plan to see her again soon.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

you inspire me haha...

Well, with my knowledge of supplements and my newly found knowledge of HGH and other things, I plan on looking 30 when I'm 55!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

MarkDY wrote:Last year I went to Bogota. I was 47 at the time and I was asked by a 20 year old. She was not aware of my age. When I told her my age, she said love doesn't know a number. We ended up spending the night together. I plan to see her again soon.
That sounds awesome! Foreign women aren't as hung up on how old a guy is as long there is a romatic spark between her and the man. Just look at Art Bell and his Philippino wife she is 40 years younger than him! They got married when she was 21 and he was 61. Now they have a child and are very happy together.

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Good that you think about this now. As you age, your potential pool of young mates in most parts of the world will shrink. For developed East Asia (Japan and Korea) I would say 5-10 years is quite manageable and will usually be acceptable by early 20s girls, especially if you are on a good career track. In Taiwan, the field is wide open to westerners up to early 30s and I would push that to mid to late 30s for those guys who look particularly young for their age.

When you get over 35-40 or so, things start to vary dramatically between guys. If you can hold on to your hair, stay in good shape, and are blessed with good skin and you maintain it well, that will help. Some 50 year olds look like train=wrecks and others look quite youthful and even attractive. If you can get your shit together by late 20s and are aiming for one long term quality monogamous relationship, you will have many to choose from. Pick carefully.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

my preference are Japanese and Korean, maybe Chinese and Thai women, and I'm rather sure Japanese/Korean women only tolerate 2 to 3 years of a age difference, but I'm not so sure.
I'm guessing for Thai and Chinese women it isn't as big of a deal, though I'm sure the quality of the women I could get will go down substantially the older I get.
Speaking from personal experience (I'm 40), many Asian women will tolerate age gap up to 10-15 years. The largest age gap I've had with a GF was 12 years (one cycle), though I have dated one girl who is 15 years younger and that was really pushing it. At some point the generation gap becomes very annoying.

Younger girls tend to have smaller tolerance for age gaps. i.e. an undergrad student might tolerate up to 5 years, vs. a grad school student might tolerate up to 10 years. By late 20's, she may tolerate up to 10-15 year age gap. If your sexual market value is high (or if she wants something from you), girls tend to have bigger tolerance for the age gap. The girl mentioned above who is 15 years younger, was looking for an older established guy to attach herself to, so she can have him help her with her homework, lend her a car to drive, sleep over whenever she's annoyed at her roommates, take her out to eat, take her shopping -- you get the idea.