Real men watch sports?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
OTB
Freshman Poster

Real men watch sports?

Post by OTB »

You know what guys? I've noticed something about the choice in men that AW are attracted. I'm sure you already know they love the bad boy, the guy with piercings and tattoos, the loser with no job or ambition, and then you have the sports crazed type of guy. What pisses me off is that if you don't like to watch sports or talk about sports then there is something wrong with you. This goes back to my last post, "Are you manly enough?" Look, I played sports all my life and I'm naturally athletic. I love playing sports, but I hate watching sports. It's such a waste of time. I HATE when people talk about sports. Especially these American women who get all wrapped up in it like men. That's the new trend now...women loving sports. I can't stand that!!! What I'm getting at is if you're the type of guy who isn't all sports-crazed and don't talk about sports you become less attractive to the typical American broad. I have a friend who said a few years back, while we were discussing some things about AW, that if we were like every other guy it would be easier to get women. I think this is another reason, on a subconscious level, that we avoid AW. We know we are different and have a different mindset than most American men. We're not the typical American type of guy. As I stated in my previous post I read on one dating site that a chick said she's looking for a manly man. He has to like watching sports. This was a sexy and attractive black girl too. She looked mixed. Did I send her a message? Of course not, I was already ruled out because I DON"T LIKE WATCHING SPORTS. So like my buddy said if I were like every other typical guy she might have responded if I emphasized my love for watching sports. Their idea of what manly is is so completely backwards in this country real men are getting passed up for a false facade of a real man; being a bad boy, piercings and tattoos, and beer drinking sport watching men.

What are your thoughts?
have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

Totally TRUE! Right on!

After I moved to the U.S. I started TO HATE ALL SPORTS because of so many brainwashed idiots that idolize some stupid players and chase tickets and games. Girls talk about sports, watching sports and getting wasted.

What's even worse about American culture, is that sport games are seen as an excuse to gather with friends and family and make a barbecue. JEEZ! GET A f***ing LIFE! Who cares about a stupid game? Just call up your friends and get together for a barbecue! You don't need no f***ing reason to invite people over!

As I mentioned in other thread, I registered on Match.com. I specifically stated in my profile that I don't watch TV and "love playing sports", no word on watching sports. It has been a few days, I wrote to 25 girls. ZERO response! Even though I stated that my salary is 75-100K per year (it is true) and I put best pics of myself. It is non-sense, stupidity, idiotism, brain-washing and pure crap! Watching sports had taken over people's lives! It is madness! I feel like starting another public disobedience protest, called "occupy stadiums" against sports brain-washing. No one seems to care about playing sports any more, it's all about watching! RETARDS! IDIOTS! I have no words!
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Re: Real men watch sports?

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

OTB wrote: I HATE when people talk about sports. Especially these American women who get all wrapped up in it like men. That's the new trend now...women loving sports. I can't stand that!!!

What are your thoughts?
Women started attending sporting events for various reasons:

1. A large percentage of women saw that they could get attention from all the men when they dress up provocatively and flash boobs and such.

2. Sadly, women today drink and smoke just as much as men, so that's another reason for them to show up.

3. Many women personally like one of the guys on the team so that's all the reason they need to start attending the games regularly.

4. Many younger women go to these games and learn about the sport because they are in the lifestyle of chasing athletic "ballers" in hopes of getting married to one of them.

5. The sports entertainment world has encouraged women to attend sports and they go out their way to cater to women because women attending sports means increased revenue.
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

i hate watching sports.and a lot of black men,all they talk about is f***ing sports it annoys the shit out of me.they don't talk about any thing of substance just the lakers games.my step father was one of those guys,he made me hate sports as a kid.i played football for a while in high school he came to every game but i hated playing,then i quit to talk guitar classes and skate board then he pretty much turned his back on me and treated me like total shit for most of my life.i'm glad i'm no longer around him now though.and i hate it when f***ing women assume i watch sports or talk about sports.even though i don't like sports i think f***ing women should just stay the f**k out of them,any women who is a sports fan that's a total deal breaker.you don't see women from other countries talking about sports ,my wife who is from brasil never even mentions sports.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

have2fly wrote:Totally TRUE! Right on!

After I moved to the U.S. I started TO HATE ALL SPORTS because of so many brainwashed idiots that idolize some stupid players and chase tickets and games. Girls talk about sports, watching sports and getting wasted.

What's even worse about American culture, is that sport games are seen as an excuse to gather with friends and family and make a barbecue. JEEZ! GET A f***ing LIFE! Who cares about a stupid game? Just call up your friends and get together for a barbecue! You don't need no f***ing reason to invite people over! !
I almost threw a chair at a person today.... I was at a upscale restaurant and there was some kind of huge family function going on and I could not help but over hear conversations and I noticed that many of the guys were preoccupied with the game. My god, everybody is dress very nice, the women were looking good in high heals and such, superb food, but yet the game was on these guys minds.

To make matters worse this restaurant had a big flat screen TV by the bar so every guy had to stop by the TV and pay their respects.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

skateboardstephen wrote:i hate watching sports.and a lot of black men,all they talk about is f***ing sports it annoys the shit out of me.they don't talk about any thing of substance just the lakers games.my step father was one of those guys,he made me hate sports as a kid.i played football for a while in high school he came to every game but i hated playing,then i quit to talk guitar classes and skate board then he pretty much turned his back on me and treated me like total shit for most of my life.i'm glad i'm no longer around him now though.and i hate it when f***ing women assume i watch sports or talk about sports.even though i don't like sports i think f***ing women should just stay the f**k out of them,any women who is a sports fan that's a total deal breaker.you don't see women from other countries talking about sports ,my wife who is from brasil never even mentions sports.
Yea, this happened to a buddy of mine.. When I was in HS, I was the athlete (in newspapers and such) and my buddy was not. My buds dad however was a sports nut and he knew about me and he wanted his son to be like me. He even told his son right in front of me; "why can't you be like XXX and play such and such sport?!" My bud was crushed, and for many years he was estranged from his father because of how is father treated him.

The thing is my buddy had a talent of his own but his father did not acknowledge it. He was good at dirt bikes/mountain biking and could have made a living out of it being that ESPN and X games was starting to gain popularity. At the very least he could have opened his own bike shop or something but nothing every panned out because he folded under his fathers pressure to start working in a professional field.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

OTB, don't you see the pattern? If it's worthless and fake, then women love it. Watching sports and using that to pretend to be sporty/macho is worthless and fake. Is there anything worthless and fake that American women don't like? Is there anything worthwhile or honest that American women do like? I rest my case.
OTB
Freshman Poster

Post by OTB »

@fschmidt

You hit the nail on the head with that observation. Good point fschmidt! I do see the pattern now that you pointed that out. This just shows you how shallow and psychologically backwards most of them are.
jcris7
Freshman Poster

Post by jcris7 »

I love this thread. So many spot on observations and commentary. Have2fly has a point. Watching sports versus playing sports is a whole different story. I don't watch sports -- I'm actually out there playing it in the flesh.

I'm probably the only tennis player on this planet that hates playing in front of a crowd, and loves the game beyond the one-dimensional cult like aspect of TV idolizing spectatorship and competition that plagues so many Americans. For me, playing tennis is about the inner game of setting aside your ego, and learning to get out of your own way. "I have found the most beneficial first step is to encourage him to see and feel what he is doing--that is, to increase his awareness of what actually is." (Inner Game of Tennis by Timothy Gallwey) It makes me sick seeing all of these father figures forcing football or other heavily "Americanized" sports down their sons throats, all for the glory of feeding their own ego and living vicariously through them. There is probably a lack of fostering the right attitude and nurturing akin to Gallwey's philosophy, since most Americans are too dumb and barbaric to even reflect on such an idea. The kid just ends up resenting the f**k out of his father, and comes to hate the sport he's playing.
"Women age like milk; Men age like wine." - Tom Leykis
notfeelinusa2
Freshman Poster

Post by notfeelinusa2 »

Im really glad you made the post you did about sports, I was going to make one. The last date I was on was going great, we were really hitting it off. Then I go inside her apartment and I cannot believe what I see.............literally the whole room is covered with sports posters and male athletes. Giants, Patriots, Blazers, you name it. Im not exaggerating there were probably 30 pieces of sports posters/framed pictures/clothing.........I go inside her bathroom and there are pictures of the whole Portland Trailblazers in close up. It was like the whole team was staring at me while I took a piss. Weirdest thing I've ever seen. We never went out again.

Come to find out this girl probably had some serious daddy issues (He sounded like a flake who just liked sports), so I dont really blame her for her crappy upbringing. Her liking sports was obviously a way to attract male attention she never got from her dad, but to me if I a woman is really into sports thats a dealbreaker. First of all sports is a masculine form of entertainment, second of all I don't want my wife fantasizing about male athletes who could break me in two. Thats unattractive.

I must admit I was on plenty of fish for a while and I cannot believe all the "men" who say women liking sports is "Such a turn on!" Sickening.

I think the bigger question must be asked is, why do women like sports? Part of this is how we have been raising our women since the 60s feminist revolution. A good example of the is title IX which basically destroyed mens sports in this country. Why are we encouraging women to play competitive sports???? Thats the real question. Sports teach people how to be competitive and agressive, those are masculine qualities in my opinion. I do not want my future wife to be comptetive nor agressive. This is why before the the 1960's women playing sports competitively was unheard of. Sure they could run around and have fun, but there were no girls basketball aau programs like you see today. I ref basketball and I cant believe how masculine some of these girls are. They should be playing with dolls and baking cookies.
notfeelinusa2
Freshman Poster

Post by notfeelinusa2 »

I do not remeber hardly any asian girls in middle school/or high school playing competitve soccer, basketball, volleyball. Thats because Asian culture for the most part still values femininity in their women to some degreee.

I willl not let my daughters play competitive sports. I want them to retain their innocence and delicate natures. If that makes me sexist fine, I dont really care.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 22nd, 2016, 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
OTB
Freshman Poster

Post by OTB »

Exactly Ghost. I agree 100%. American society usually love taking part in mindless activities. Bar hopping, TV, and sport watching/attending games. I don't know why we think we're the best at everything and our education system is the best in the world. Americans love doing mindless crap. I remember when I worked for a car dealership while in college and I had to go with my boss to pick up a car to drive back. On the way over he asked me if I saw the Eagles game over the weekend. I told him I didn't watch sports. The look on his face was as if I told him I drank blood. You're weird if you don't watch sports. It's the manly thing to do. I say it's manly to get up off your butt and actually go play a sport, be active and doing something you enjoy with your time. Wasting three hours watching a stupid football or baseball game I could've worked out and spent some time working on a hobby. All this sport watching just dumbs you down and people don't even realize it. It does nothing for you.
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

It's America's obsession

Post by ErikHeaven »

SPORTS. I hate to watch sports well let me backtrack. I love to watch boxing once in awhile when a big fight is on like a Heavyweight match. Other than that i hate sports on tv and prefer to just go outside and go running or ride my bike to lose weight. Its like a religion to all of these people. I cannot go anywhere without hearing "Do you see the Buffalo Bills game last night?
I hear this all the time and i have told many of the same people over and over again, "I do not watch sports how many times must i tell you this?"
They all walk away from me and look at me like i am crazy. I get the same reaction when i tell Jesus freaks especially the black one's that i do not believe in the bible or Jesus. They just naturally assume that all black people are Christians. Its fracking annoying.
have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

I told him I didn't watch sports. The look on his face was as if I told him I drank blood. You're weird if you don't watch sports.
THAT'S exactly how people always look at me in the U.S.! No matter where I go - work, school, bar... I remember a few times that American girls started a conversation with me with that mindless shallow worthless phrase that I would impose a fine on asking: "HAVE YOU SEEN THE GAME?". She assumed I know what game, she assumed I know who was playing and she assumed that I either say "Yes" or "No", if yes - we will discuss how one dumbfuck scored and another dumbfuck did not! If I say "No" - then we discuss how come I missed seeing how one dumbfuck scored and another dumbfuck did not! WOW, what an awesome way to waste another 10 minutes of my life! And WOW - what an intelligent, breathtaking conversation! During those 10 minutes we could've talked about spirit, nature, weather, life, emotion, education, not to be old-fashioned - books? Funny things? Goals in life? Background? Crap, there are tons of topics! WHY THE f**k Americans only talk about SPORTS??? What a waste of a lifetime!

And yes - those girls that asked me of course made a "yuck" face when I said "I don't watch sports". Some of them just did not get it and asked me - "you probably just don't like football, but you like NASCAR or baseball, don't you?" LMAO! Yes, I f***ing live my life for watching NASCAR! The most boring shit ever f***ing made! You like cars? Pick up your beer belly, drive to the track and RENT A RACE CAR for one hour! It will cost you same money as season tickets for NASCAR, but you will at least drive one! I have no words for these fools! Yea, it takes no brains to buy posters, T-Shirt and suddenly become a sports fan! Holy crap, all that trouble, huh! Buying t-shirt and posters... :evil:
Wasting three hours watching a stupid football or baseball game I could've worked out and spent some time working on a hobby. All this sport watching just dumbs you down and people don't even realize it. It does nothing for you.
Exactly right! What is a useful purpose of that sport game you've just watched? One team of dumbfucks just beat another team of dumbfucks! BIG DEAL! You did not sponsor those teams, you did not play for those teams and you don't even personally know anyone on those teams, so WHY EVEN CARE? Yet those teams made millions of dollars from advertising to STUPID f***s like you who is watching the game! They just made profit and you just lost few hours of your precious life that could be used for learning something useful, working out. Crap - just sleeping or cleaning the house! Americans have no time, no vacation time, no public transportation, are stuck in traffic for hours, but yet 95% of American public finds the time to watch all the stupid games! WOW!

As someone noted, I wonder WTF happens to great US of A if all commercial PRO-sports just disappears? It seems like people will just stop talking because there will be no topics to discuss any more! And people will stop meeting because there will be no reason to meet! You haven't seen your family? Well, why bother seeing them, there is NO GAME going on, so no reason to meet up with them! :lol: