Has the US government ever closed down a forum before?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

Has the US government ever closed down a forum before?

Post by Winston »

Does anyone know of an instance where the US government closed down a forum? If so, under what pretense? If not, does that mean that we can say whatever we want without fear of government intervention?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

I do know of US government action against forums before. A couple posts in a forum I used to frequent, which dealt with a sensitive subject were mysteriously deleted, with no record trail. Just like that! Like they never existed in the first place. Even all follow up posts and posts outside of the topic page were deleted as well, as if no one made those posts. NO record of the posts exist, according to administrators. Not only that, the related images(certain pics of camilla bowles) were taken off search engines as well.

They could've just labeled the forum goers as quacks and laughed it off(as most people wouldn't see the pages, much less believe or use this info), but they decided to take real action and delete ANY content related to this sensitive information. They also redirected forum goers to various other sites for a time. They must've been scared!

Which really tells you what that damn government is up to. They take threats to their security VERY seriously.

Of course, they WON'T acknowledge it.

Happier Abroad probably doesn't have to worry being interfered with by governments, unless they're Russian/Chinese, who mostly just block people.

This place doesn't reveal anything CLOSE to tasty info to get other[evil] governments to take action.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What was this sensitive subject that got the posts deleted mysteriously?

So the government has special hackers that can get into any forum and delete any post they want?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

Mental.computer programming, torsion fields, magick ritual.

It'd be silly to think they don't have control of the internet in anyway they wish. Of course, they aren't gods - it takes them time to recognize, find and destroy the info
The Arab
Freshman Poster

Post by The Arab »

C.J., you are a silly ignoramus.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Some of the info. posted on this forum is rather inflamatory. For now, the government seems content with shutting down websites that distribute embeded links that are protected under coprights rather than forums but it could ban forums in the future that threaten "national security".
onezero4u
Freshman Poster

Post by onezero4u »

well theyre in bed with google and yahoo....so im sure its possible (or already happended)

didnt they influence those sights to remove pictures of the APE michelle obamma?
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

The primary danger to inflammatory content is not from the US Government, it is from the hosting service which can shut down the site due to terms of service violations. That is the primary threat.

As so far as government is concerned, inflammatory content could subject the site to routine monitoring, tracking of the inflammatory posters, identifying of the inflammatory posters, and possible surveillance of the inflammatory posters.

Inflammatory posting (ie. calling for violence) places this site and the "normal" posters at risk of official scrutiny.

Take that armed struggle crap somewhere else! If you are not here to discuss the principles of Happier Abroad such as women, foreign cultures, etc. and you want to rail against the government, go the hell somewhere else.

That faggotry only means you have nothing of relevance to contribute and you are venting your twisted politics where they are not wanted.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Real Rap Talk [.com] was shut down by the Gov't with a gov't emblem on RRT's old rap page.

Now the administration of RRT has become more intelligent by running their server through a dynamic IP secure-sockets proxy via an alternate site.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

The Arab wrote:C.J., you are a silly ignoramus.
LOL, I love your stupid ass too. :3

E_Irizarry, I'll have to check that place out. You know why they got shut down?

Contrarian Expatriate, who's to say this place isn't being looked at closely night and day? I think that every site on the internet and its contents are looked at everyday, or at least archived for future reference.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

C.J. wrote:
The Arab wrote:C.J., you are a silly ignoramus.
LOL, I love your stupid ass too. :3

E_Irizarry, I'll have to check that place out. You know why they got shut down?

Contrarian Expatriate, who's to say this place isn't being looked at closely night and day? I think that every site on the internet and its contents are looked at everyday, or at least archived for future reference.
What do you mean by "looked at everyday"? No one has the staff to monitor every site on the internet. But they can have the technology to index and archive every site on the internet, just like Google does.

C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

Yes, exactly. It's not out of this world to think they have a processing center, which monitors nearly every keyword entered from any PC they have "tagged", which would then go to a central location, say the CIA and either be archived or whatever.

The elite have more than enough money, from Japan and many other countries to accomplish anything they want.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Project Echelon is not just a movie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echelon_%2 ... ligence%29

Thus, there's no conspiracy theory, it's already going on.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

I'm guessing that the thread on the Federal Reserve system and fractional banking will yield seached-for keywords that get the attention of some powers that be. A scam of that magnitude needs to be kept strictly taboo. It has survived for almost 100 years mainly because it's very difficult to understand. I don't think, however, the level of nsight about it we're reaching here will cause too much concern.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Israel intelligence spying on US intelligence

Post by odbo »

S_Parc wrote:Project Echelon is not just a movie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echelon_%2 ... ligence%29

Thus, there's no conspiracy theory, it's already going on.
Israel intelligence spying on US intelligence, all funded by... US tax payer! :)

November, 2001, Fox News aired this four part series (Part 1/2)

(Part 2/2)