Should we allow username changes?

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Should we allow username changes?

Post by Winston »

Should I enable the feature on this forum that allows forum members to change their own user name, which would apply to all their posts?

I don't see why anyone would need to, but few have requested that their user name be changed.

For instance Dano changed his user name to Wuxi. And when he did that, he should have told everyone, but forgot to.

Should we enable that feature, and make it a rule that whoever changes his/her user name should announce it in a certain thread designated for that? (unless they have a good reason they don't want to tell anyone of course)

What do you all think?
Last edited by Winston on October 20th, 2011, 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

I was thinking of changing. That would be useful.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok then I'll enable it then. But if you do, be sure to tell people here about it, otherwise they'll think that you vanished :)
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok I've just enabled user name changes. To change your user name, go to edit your profile and change it there.

I hope not too many people do this, else it will make things confusing as to who is who.

MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Thank you. Done. "Catameran" is now "MrPeabody".
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I just turned off the function in your profile to change your own username. I figured that when some of you changed your username, it created gaps in the forum in that the posts in which people referred to users by their former usernames would make no sense, since they changed it. Thus it created inconsistencies, so it's better not to allow it. It's also not really necessary either.

odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

You son of a bitch! So I'm stuck with this crap name odbo!?
Using oil trading academy's "secret" -_- numerology code

o = 15
d = 4
b = 2
o = 15

(1+5) = 6
(4+2) = 6
(1+5) = 6

also

15 + 4 + 2 + 15 = 36
= three 6's = 666
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

odbo wrote:You son of a bitch! So I'm stuck with this crap name odbo!?
Using oil trading academy's "secret" -_- numerology code

o = 15
d = 4
b = 2
o = 15

(1+5) = 6
(4+2) = 6
(1+5) = 6

also

15 + 4 + 2 + 15 = 36
= three 6's = 666
Hahaha. I guess your true colors are revealed then. lol

Think about it though. People here refer to you as odbo. If you change your username, then all the references to you as odbo would make no sense. That would great incongruities here. Get it?