Do you consider fat people lazy?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
philosophical_filipino
Freshman Poster

Do you consider fat people lazy?

Post by philosophical_filipino »

This article http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2 ... eight.html explains why America hates itself. America is the most obese nation on the planet. Foreigners come here and are shocked to find huge people roaming around.

The fast food industry implodes its food with so much calories, salt, and sugar that it explodes the average American body into a fat slob. Most food in America is heavily processed with corn fructose syrup. This is unnatural to our bodies and causes us to convert sugar into fat which accumulates uncontrollably. Americans lack any real exercise since they drive everywhere. Most people just come home after work and watch TV for hours. What kind of existence is that?

Do you consider fat people lazy and can't control themselves? Or is it that the food industry wants everyone to be addicted to their products?
"Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the
suffering itself because no heart has ever suffered when it goes in
search of its dream." - Paulo Coelho

"Filipinos don't realize that victory is the child of struggle, that
joy blossoms from suffering, and redemption is a product of
sacrifice." - José Rizal

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

I don't consider it at all.

I know it.

I used to be 300 lbs before changing my life.

Now that I'm at 10% body fat soon to be 8%, at 170 training 5 times a week and eating healthy, I've come to the conclusion my opinions about fat people have changed not a bit.

yes I have pride about it, I've overcome this fake wall of "impossibility" and the fake "victim" roll fat people always throw around when in reality they are too weak and meek to change the life style they have come accustom to in order to look and feel better and live longer.

Yes the toxic food doesn't help, yes you wouldn't gain fat AS quickly in other countries, both being a mix of the purity of food, and the portion size.

to get "thin" and not even in shape all you have to do is control the amount of food you eat for long enough and you will be thing, no muscle but thin.

To get definition you have to work out and exercise AND watch what you eat, most people can't even fathom riding a bike to work or walking up 3 flights of stares let alone hard training for a hour a day.

Unless you suffer from a thyroid problem, or a amputated leg "both of these problems can be over come with the right mind set and nutrition, men with no arms have still become body builders" then you MIGHT have a excuse to be out of shape.

Otherwise, you earn the body you keep, end of story, plain and simple.

I'm not talking about high build or "attraction" level, just your health, as the rest your born with.
philosophical_filipino
Freshman Poster

Yeah, I lost 55 lbs. I used to be 235 lbs and now I'm 180. It took a ton of f***ing exercise and self-discipline to get me to the gym and work out hard. I also changed my diet and eat way healthier than I used to. I have more energy and I feel thin. It's more important to be healthy because it affects your life and self-esteem.

I don't buy these excuses that genetics prevents you from losing weight. That's bullshit. It takes hard work and discipline. It's not easy, but it can be done. If you're not physically disabled, you can find ways to exercise like go to the gym or run around. People can change if they really want to.

I have ZERO respect for fat people who sit around and just eat all day. And they wonder how they get so fat?

sacrifice." - José Rizal
Camp38
Freshman Poster

Post by Camp38 »

If you consider the agribusiness end in corporate America and the monopoly of companies like Monsanto slowly poisoning people with GMO based garbage that passes for food.....HFCS, Aspartame and heavy concentrations of fluoride in the water..its absolutely no surprise. Just read Fast Food Nation or watch the documentary. Then read Cora Daniels book Ghetto Nation. If you understand what John Taylor Gatto and Charlotte Iserbyte were saying in regards to the dumbing down principle in the USA, then it really does make sense. A stupid population that is complacent, lethargic and physically incapacitated is much easier to control and monitor. The "bread & circus mentality" is much easier to sell and digest among a population so utterly self-defeated.
have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

There is much much more than that! You guys described "the American way" of looking into this problem. I used to exercise, but currently don't have enough time and there is a health condition that prevents me from exercising. I've gained around 20 lbs and have a belly now.

However, few things:
1. People do drive! Average American just simply cannot bike anywhere, unless he lives next to his work. Have you tried biking on the road? Drivers honk at you, some douchebags yell stupid shit, you also have a chance of being run-over by some blonde soccer mom driving a huge Chevy Suburban and talking on the cell phone about her lame husband to another dumb soccer mom. I used to bike a lot "for fun" when I lived in Ukraine, I would bike for weeks. I would get up in the morning, take my bike and go to see my friends around the neighborhood. Of course, everyone lives in a high-rise apartments in Ukraine, so biking takes less time and there are also spaces for it everywhere. Although roads are beat-up with pot holes, biking is not looked down upon at all! People bike a lot, especially kids bike for fun everywhere.
In the U.S. cities are BUILT for cars in mind! Most suburban streets DO NOT have sidewalks. And what if you try to walk on the sidewalk to a local grocery store and carry your bags home in your hand??? Drivers will laugh at you, people will think you are poor or some loser! NOT THAT way in Europe! Everyone is carrying groceries home in hand and it is normal!

So 2 things: pressure from the society and simple layout of cities and suburbs

2. Food! Processed, not fresh, full of preservatives, GMO, hormones, pesticides. Imported from all over the world (actually, European imports are definitely a good thing. Trader Joe's and Whole Foods have around 50% of food imported from Europe!). High fructose corn syrup is EVIL that killing people as cigarettes or drugs! It should've been banned long time ago! No other country is using HFCS so heavily, only the U.S.! Also, try going to Europe or Mexico and try a regular Coca-Cola there. You will be SHOCKED, it tastes waaaay better and more "natural" than U.S.-made. One of reasons why - it has "REAL" sugar in it!
For example, French and German governments had tried to ban U.S. chicken long time ago due to male virility concerns because U.S. chicken contained all kinds of estrogen hormones and other stuff. American government created a ban on European made trucks as a return measure! That's why American trucks are so shitty now, because they faced almost no competition for years. Read here:
The French government banned U.S. chicken and raised concerns that hormones could affect male virility.[10] German farmers' associations accused U.S. poultrymen of artificially fattening chicken with arsenic.[10] In fact, U.S. chicken farmers, with Food and Drug Administration approval, had treated chicken feed with antimony, arsenic compounds, or estrogen hormones to stimulate growth.[10]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_tax

GMO content. U.S. is the highest GMO food producer. Nearly 80% of food in the U.S. contains GMO! I am not sure where I've seen this data, but that is terrible if you ask me! Only 20-30% of people can afford to shop at Whole Foods or Trader Joe's and what is worse? Those stores are ONLY available in large cities. So freedom is not so free in America! If you want to eat organic, you have to really try hard!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geneticall ... d_organism

3. Restaurants! Yes, noted Fast Food chains! As we all know, there are almost ZERO restaurants in casual dining that offer reasonable priced cooked food that is also organic! The only large chain that I know is Chipotle, which is half-way decent considering their burrito price is similar to McDonald's menu, but way more natural for sure. (By the way - term "Natural" is not regulated by FDA, anything can be called natural in America, even lighting bulbs!).
So if you live somewhere far away from decent restaurants, where do you go to eat? The only choices I see is Wendy's, BK, McDonald's or Subway. They are all junk! Except they now offer salads, but have you tried European salad??? With a few bites of organic cheese, lots of fresh ripe veggies, like tomatoes and cucumbers and organic mayo or olive oil? THOSE ARE AMAZING! Fast food salads are a joke! Bunch of watery green leaves with dressing that has as many calories as a hamburger!!!
So are you really free in America in your restaurant choices??? NO! You are in jail if you want to eat healthy! Thank God, I live next to a Trader Joe's right now, it saves me big time.

4. Work outs! Americans go to work out, but gyms are the most ANTI-SOCIAL places I've ever f***ing seen!!! Men are lonely walking around, everyone wears headphones, some dudes listen to heavy rock so loud that I can hear it across the room! That just shows how stressed out everyone around is! How sad and lonely! Where is team spirit? Where is this "social gathering place" feel? Gyms are supposed to be for sport-minded people to work out, but also a place of communication and safe introduction. That's how it is in Europe - people talk in gyms, at least sometimes!
Also conception that you go to the gym because it is the only way to KEEP yourself good looking, NOT to improve your looks, but to keep yourself from falling into disrepair! WTF is that??? In Ukraine guys who go to the gym are the brave ones to IMPROVE their already decent looks! Not many of those guys watch their diet, they just want to develop muscle and better looks. Of course there are some crazy body-builders as everywhere, but in general you get the point. GIRLS that go to the gym ARE VERY open to meet other guys, some of them join gyms hoping to meet someone new and interesting! I used to work out casually at a local gym in Ukraine when I was 16, I remember these things very well.

5. Culture! Try to give your kids some national dish, like "borsh" veggy soup to school instead of pizza or hamburger. Other kids will make fun of him! Retarded f***s. as stupid as their parents! "Ha-ha, look at that "Immigrant" kid eating crappy soup, while we Americans eat haburgers". Nevermind that veggy soup is 100 times more healthy, no one on TV shows it and no one around claims "it is American".
Try to go to a sporting event and not eat hot dogs or pizza or drink beer - you will be called "gay", I guarantee it!
Therefore, another problem is ignorance and lack of education and food consumption culture! Some Americans are not even used to eating with fork and knife anymore! Most people don't even have family dinners anymore. Do any Americans even know how to cook? Cooking is now a hobby of chosen few, not a practice for masses!
Needless to say, people don't know how much fun could it be to have a large dinner with alcohol drinks, loud music and jokes! That's how they still do it in Western Europe, that's how they do it in Russia or Ukraine. In America, you come to a party, hold a beer in your hand and stand in a crowd talking about some empty non-sense stuff while everyone is SO scared of saying something "creepy" or looking "creepy". What is even a point of those "parties"? What is so "fun" about them? Just so another dumb blonde can call another dumb blonde and proudly state that "oh, I had SO MUCH FUN LAST NIGHT", but she is bull-shitting, she knows it and another stupid blonde knows it too, so they both lie to each other and stay sad and empty deep inside! WOW, FAKE FAKE FAKE! It's just all very sad!

I can go on and on about these things! You see, there are tons of things preventing healthy lifestyle in the U.S. It seems like only the rich ones can afford it or very conscious people that understand how it works.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

I like Chipotle, but their serving size contributes to the obesity problem. Also, even if you order healthy stuff, many places give you sides that aren't that healthy (like the chips on the side of your Chipotle burrito). Remember Penguin's yogurt? They advertised it as healthy food, then ask if you want to add chocolate/fudge on top. ;p

http://www.chipotle.com/en-US/menu/nutr ... ation.aspx
http://chipotlecalories.net/
DaRick
Freshman Poster

Post by DaRick »

Australia has similar problems with weight gain.

Unlike the Filipino, I do think that genetics plays some part. You are unlikely to be rail-thin if one or both of your parents are solidly built to begin with (my Dad was always pretty solid, so I am too).

Funnily enough, unlike most Australians, I don't drink alcohol (beer is the worst - it slows your metabolism and has truckloads of kilojoules) and I almost never eat junk food, but whilst I'm definitely not obese, I'm probably 5kg heavier than I should be. Even when I did exercise and diet in the past, I had serious problems losing more than a few kilograms.
AmericanInMexico
Freshman Poster

Post by AmericanInMexico »

It all comes down to one thing and one thing alone.

TOO MANY CARBS AND NOT ENOUGH ANIMAL FAT.

Everything else doesn't matter. Salt is actually healthy for the human body. Exercise is also unnecessary to avoid fat gain as long as carbs are kept low and animal fat kept high.

I fail to see why people cannot comprehend such a simple concept.

Here is the ideal human diet in a nutshell:

Meat-unlimited
Eggs-unlimited
Butter-unlimited

Any questions?
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

Sorry, but that is a flat out excuse.

Rich people or not, you can get in shape, weights make it easy, but you can do it with body weight if need be.

Running is free, lifting buckets of liquid called water is free.

if you have the will, you can find the way.

you are in the gym to improve your fitness and your fitness alone in america, the vary act of going to the gym is selfish in the best possible way, however, I agree americans in gyms tend to shy away from people, most are macho morons attempting to one up the other guy for the attention of american women, when in reality any woman at the gym will brush you off unless your the roided up "alpha" male in the gym, then it might work with a little effort.

little do they know they could be fat and score a better woman in another country with no effort.

yes most people seem grim, it's sucky to exercise, and horrid to truly train correctly, but I think in america most do it out of a shadow of hope, when it's pointless if you don't know how to train right.

even if you eat out, you can find healthy alternatives at the drive through if you honestly know nutrition.
if a armless man, or a man in a wheel chair can get ripped, then most other people can to.

even people with blood sugar and thyroid problems have got in shape, it just comes down to how much it's worth to.

Reassuring your self you are fat by force rather then by choice is a prerogative for 99% of americans that are fat, that doesn't mean it's true.

As for cultural norms of food and eating in the US, yes I agree 100% ignorant americans have no clue what the hell they put inside the big fat pie hole of a corps they call bodys.

most Americans don't understand calories and work out with no idea that they are being counter-productive and undoing what they just did by dong something as simple as drinking Starbucks after a exercise.

if you run 3 miles, and burn 330 calories, you can literally undo that by eating ONE SLICE OF PIZZA! you can not out-exercise a bad diet unless your a olympic swimmer who trains for literally 8 hours a day.

I'm passionate about this subject because it has had great impact on my life, I went from not being able to tie my shoe to doing front flips, I take pride in having forged my self in to a new person and take no pity on people without the discipline to do the same!

I wish american culture would go more the way of some euro culture, sounds like going to the gym might merit new friends, women, and fun!
philosophical_filipino
Freshman Poster

Honestly, I was miserable when I was heavier. Nobody respected me and everyone made fun of me.

All of sudden when I started losing the weight and getting more lean, women start noticing me more and people are nicer to me. It's really f***ed up.

Fatness is the last form of acceptable hatred in society. Racism will die out because most people are mixed anyway.

Anyone ever experience fat hatred personally or conducted prejudice towards an obese person? Why so much anger and hatred?

sacrifice." - José Rizal
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

philosophical_filipino wrote: Anyone ever experience fat hatred personally or conducted prejudice towards an obese person? Why so much anger and hatred?
Because people associate obesity with laziness and mental issues. Is it right? No, not necessarily. However, I think in the U.S. a lot of people are obese through making poor choices so there is validity in the prejudice. It's not like skin color, most people aren't born fat they develop it through lifestyle. There is a small percentage of people who have genetic or particular health issues that make them overweight but this is a small minority. The "thyroid problem" and "big boned" people are pretty rare.

I try not to look down on anyone unless I know their personal situation first. However, from my experiences the obese people i've met usually do have some other personality issues.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Re: Do you consider fat people lazy?

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

philosophical_filipino wrote:This article http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2 ... eight.html explains why America hates itself. America is the most obese nation on the planet. Foreigners come here and are shocked to find huge people roaming around.

The fast food industry implodes its food with so much calories, salt, and sugar that it explodes the average American body into a fat slob. Most food in America is heavily processed with corn fructose syrup. This is unnatural to our bodies and causes us to convert sugar into fat which accumulates uncontrollably. Americans lack any real exercise since they drive everywhere. Most people just come home after work and watch TV for hours. What kind of existence is that?

Do you consider fat people lazy and can't control themselves? Or is it that the food industry wants everyone to be addicted to their products?
To be honest, I think that it is a combination of factors including choice, environment, the food industry, etc. However, the ultimate responsibility for obesity is at the feet of those who are obese.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Camp38 wrote:If you consider the agribusiness end in corporate America and the monopoly of companies like Monsanto slowly poisoning people with GMO based garbage that passes for food.....HFCS, Aspartame and heavy concentrations of fluoride in the water..its absolutely no surprise. Just read Fast Food Nation or watch the documentary. Then read Cora Daniels book Ghetto Nation. If you understand what John Taylor Gatto and Charlotte Iserbyte were saying in regards to the dumbing down principle in the USA, then it really does make sense. A stupid population that is complacent, lethargic and physically incapacitated is much easier to control and monitor. The "bread & circus mentality" is much easier to sell and digest among a population so utterly self-defeated.

You have done your homework!