If you had 2 grand and had to walk away, where would you go?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

If you had 2 grand and had to walk away, where would you go?

Post by manly5000 »

Guys,

If you had 2 thousand USD and lived in the USA and decided it was time to just walk away from everything (Unemployment, CC debt, and this miserable society as a whole) where would you go? What would you do?

This is saying you were basically in a situation where you had 2 grand left to sustain yourself on and no employment prospects, facing potential homelessness in a couple of months. And you were done. Just plain, flat out, DONE. Done with life here, done with it all. On the brink of facing homelessness and destitution, you decide that there's no way in HELL you'll be homeless and destitute in the USA. You decide that you're going to just pick a country and go there and try to start life all over from the scraps you have left.

Where do you go and how do you make it?

Looking forward to your answers. Thanks guys.
philosophical_filipino
Freshman Poster

Post by philosophical_filipino »

I would take the $2,000 and move to Toronto, Canada. Canada has free healthcare, I love the city's urban nightlife, and it's a more international place.

America is getting really f***ed up. Any person who isn't delusional can see that for a fact.

OCCUPY WALL STREET!
"Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the
suffering itself because no heart has ever suffered when it goes in
search of its dream." - Paulo Coelho

"Filipinos don't realize that victory is the child of struggle, that
joy blossoms from suffering, and redemption is a product of
sacrifice." - José Rizal
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

I would choose Panama, Costa Rica, Brazil, Malaysia, S. Korea or Thailand.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Vote with your feet and go where the jobs are.
onezero4u
Freshman Poster

Post by onezero4u »

good luck man....youve got guts for sure!!!

$2000 aint too much...especially if your airfare overseas will take a big chunk out of that.

my advice would be to definately check out 3rd world countries where your limited resources will last longer.

keep us posted on your decision and progress
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: If you had 2 grand and had to walk away, where would you

Post by Rock »

manly5000 wrote:Guys,

If you had 2 thousand USD and lived in the USA and decided it was time to just walk away from everything (Unemployment, CC debt, and this miserable society as a whole) where would you go? What would you do?

This is saying you were basically in a situation where you had 2 grand left to sustain yourself on and no employment prospects, facing potential homelessness in a couple of months. And you were done. Just plain, flat out, DONE. Done with life here, done with it all. On the brink of facing homelessness and destitution, you decide that there's no way in HELL you'll be homeless and destitute in the USA. You decide that you're going to just pick a country and go there and try to start life all over from the scraps you have left.

Where do you go and how do you make it?

Looking forward to your answers. Thanks guys.
That's a bit dangerous. Here is what I would do. Get a cheap phone card or Skype account and start ringing-up some schools in Taiwan and perhaps China. Find out if they have vacancies, ask what requirements are, and try to sell yourself to them on the phone. If you are qualified and get some decent bites, get the cheapest available 1 yr. return ticket (probably under $1,000 to Taipei from LAX). After you arrive, get a cheap hostel room, visit the schools in person, and close some deals. While you are waiting for your work-permit, you can cruise Tealit and Shida to find private students to tide you over. Approach people and sell yourself. Also network with English teachers around town cus sometimes they know of students looking for tutors during hours when most of them already work (esp. Saturdays and Sundays).

If you can build-up to 25-30 hours per week at NT$450-600 per hour, you will make US$1,625 to 2,600 per month. Get a cheap second hand motorcycle and learn the bus and MRT routes for transport. Use convenience stores and local options for food. And find a small apartment in town for about NT$10,000 per month. In total, you should get by OK on NT$30,000-40,000 per month or US$1,000-1,333 including a bit of entertainment. Learn from locals on additional ways to live frugally. They are good at it.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Thanks for the replies guys.

I'm not saying I'm *going* to do this.... but the time has finally come to prepare myself for it.

If I did something like this, wherever I go, debts still owed on credit cards can't hurt my ability to make a living. That in my mind puts Canada out of the picture since Canada is the USA's Hat/USA is Canada's shorts. Whatever screws me over here will screw me over there.

I have an Associate's degree and some experience as a Flight Instructor teaching people to fly, years ago. That's the only teaching qualifications I have. I speak a little Spanish.

2 grand is all I'd have so it'd have to cover airfare so that would have to be considered.

I had an interview for a great job today but I don't feel I'm going to get the opportunity. Where I'm at jobs are scarce and I have a lease on a house I'm renting. I literally would have to walk away from everything.

Considering how shitty my life is now, anything is better than this and certainly better than becoming homeless in the cold parts of the USA.

I'd rather be homeless in a tropical 3rd world country than here. At least the weather would be survivable and if worst came to worst, I could just live out the rest of my days on a beach somewhere until hunger took me out of this horrible world. Fine with me.
Greetercb
Freshman Poster

Post by Greetercb »

My choice might be Brazil. ( The South Part.) :wink:
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Make that "III" for Brasil. LMAO
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Why don't you go live with your parents and work at a temp agency and save up money? Just call Kelly Services of Manpower or Express Personnel. They always have work available. Even McDonald's is better than nothing.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

If I had $2000.00, I would not be going anywhere. I would be getting a job and saving to both learn a skill or trade I could use abroad, and to have the means to live permanently abroad without undue hardship.

$2000.00 is nothing but two weeks worth of living, not including the security deposit.
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

Post by ErikHeaven »

Western NY. Cheap rent around 300 dollars a month. And you can find decent areas to live for that amount aka not ghettos. And survival jobs.
boycottamericanwomen
Experienced Poster

Post by boycottamericanwomen »

Winston wrote:Why don't you go live with your parents and work at a temp agency and save up money? Just call Kelly Services of Manpower or Express Personnel. They always have work available. Even McDonald's is better than nothing.
Not everyone wants to live with their f***ing parents, Winston.
Attn: Please read "The TRUTH Be Told", a free eBook that can help save you from feminism and your guvment.

Read the book online
Download the book
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

I have no relationship with my parents or any other members of my ex-family. They all deserted me... chose to side with and support my ex-wife during the divorce, believing all of her bullshit and hanging me out to dry during my darkest hour and time of greatest need. I'll die before I ever make contact with them again let alone ask them for anything.

And there's no way in hell that I'm willing to eek out a living working some crap job in the USA anymore. Even if it meant destitution and starvation I'll sooner leave and try to eek out a living in some Asian or Latin American country where at least I can curl up on the beach and let it all come to an end in peace if worst comes to worst.

I'm done. Understand? DONE. The only way I'll keep going here in the USA is if I get the job I interviewed for (or some other similar job with similar pay in the next few weeks) so I can continue the original plan of paying off my debt, saving up a nestegg, then getting my qualifications so I can travel the world and teach English.

There's absolutely NOTHING LEFT for me here and I'm too tired to keep slithering my way through this crappy existence here in the States. I'm not suicidal or anything, don't get me wrong. I'll fight to the bitter end to get the kind of life I want. I'm just done with life here in the USA. I can't take it any longer. I have no motivation left to stay in this miserable society and place.

Flat out, plain done. The thought of dying of starvation on a nice tropical beach is far more appealing than suffering through every day here in this 1st-world shithole.
philosophical_filipino
Freshman Poster

Post by philosophical_filipino »

Flat out, plain done. The thought of dying of starvation on a nice tropical beach is far more appealing than suffering through every day here in this 1st-world shithole.

Sounds like someone is angry huh? I cannot blame your cunt ex-wife because I don't know the circumstances surrounding your divorce.

If you hate America, get the hell out! America isn't a prison. I hate these whiners.

The world is a big place, find your own Man Cave.
"Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the
suffering itself because no heart has ever suffered when it goes in
search of its dream." - Paulo Coelho

"Filipinos don't realize that victory is the child of struggle, that
joy blossoms from suffering, and redemption is a product of
sacrifice." - José Rizal