American expats needing mail forwarding services from USA

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
gipsymoon28
Freshman Poster

American expats needing mail forwarding services from USA

Post by gipsymoon28 »

We offer a more convenient way to handle your mail. With our international mail forwarding service, you can keep in contact with your paper mail wherever you are. We provide you with a mailing address in the United States where you can receive letters, documents, and packages, whether delivered by the USPS, FedEx, UPS, or any other courier.

Our services include:

* Receiving and holding your mail until it is required
* Sending it to an address of your choice anywhere in the world
* Posting mail to you at a time to suit be this on receipt, weekly, monthly or on request
* Acting as a forwarding agent for purchases to satisfy demand from on-line shops such as e-Bay
* Providing the small business community with an address for the receipt of mail, packages of any size or quantity.
* Scan mail and forward as an e-mail.
Contact us for more details at
email : info@elliott-and-elliott-enterprises.com
:D
Ingris E.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

This brings up an interesting point relevant to people living abroad. I have a mail box in the US and have my mail picked up by a courier. Recently, I tried to order a Dell Computer and they told me that they don't deliver to a PO Box private or public (which they call a freight forwarding place). I have had this problem with several other businesses in the US. Luckily, Amazon.com delivers to anywhere. Does anyone know why this is or have had this problem? Also, if you get a private PO Box, make sure that the address looks like a normal street address, which will get around this problem many times, but not if they check.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

MrPeabody wrote:Does anyone know why this is or have had this problem? Also, if you get a private PO Box, make sure that the address looks like a normal street address, which will get around this problem many times, but not if they check.
Basically, this is a MailBoxes etc type of solution where in effect, you get an address for your business/mailstop at 100 Main St, Suite 105, Anytown USA instead of P.O.Box 105 Anytown USA.

A number of places have this but they charge extra for mail forwarding and other ancillary services.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

S_Parc wrote:
MrPeabody wrote:Does anyone know why this is or have had this problem? Also, if you get a private PO Box, make sure that the address looks like a normal street address, which will get around this problem many times, but not if they check.
Basically, this is a MailBoxes etc type of solution where in effect, you get an address for your business/mailstop at 100 Main St, Suite 105, Anytown USA instead of P.O.Box 105 Anytown USA.

A number of places have this but they charge extra for mail forwarding and other ancillary services.
Some businesses actually have a way of checking the address and telling if it is a private mailbox or a residence, even when you have a street address. So even a street address doesn't work all the time. Dell calls you up and asks you to verify that it is a residence, but they don't check it.
gipsymoon28
Freshman Poster

Post by gipsymoon28 »

MrPeabody wrote:This brings up an interesting point relevant to people living abroad. I have a mail box in the US and have my mail picked up by a courier. Recently, I tried to order a Dell Computer and they told me that they don't deliver to a PO Box private or public (which they call a freight forwarding place). I have had this problem with several other businesses in the US. Luckily, Amazon.com delivers to anywhere. Does anyone know why this is or have had this problem? Also, if you get a private PO Box, make sure that the address looks like a normal street address, which will get around this problem many times, but not if they check.

Many companies, like Dell for example, don't ship to P.O. boxes due to identity and credit card theft. The reason that they require a permanent physical address is so that they can match it to the address associated with the billing information on the credit card used to make the purchase. This helps to prevent the illegal use of stolen credit card numbers and identity theft.
Ingris E.