If you had 2 grand and had to walk away, where would you go?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

philosophical_filipino wrote:I hate these whiners.
Nobody has a gun to your head forcing you to post in or read my thread, so if you don't like it f**k off.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:If I had $2000.00, I would not be going anywhere. I would be getting a job and saving to both learn a skill or trade I could use abroad, and to have the means to live permanently abroad without undue hardship.

$2000.00 is nothing but two weeks worth of living, not including the security deposit.

I'm with CE on this. But for me, it's not that 2k may not go far, but the fact that you need a visa to enter and stay in countries and once your visa runs out you have to leave and if you have no money to leave you could really find yourself in a jam much worse then what you're in right now.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

NorthAmericanguy wrote:
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:If I had $2000.00, I would not be going anywhere. I would be getting a job and saving to both learn a skill or trade I could use abroad, and to have the means to live permanently abroad without undue hardship.

$2000.00 is nothing but two weeks worth of living, not including the security deposit.

I'm with CE on this. But for me, it's not that 2k may not go far, but the fact that you need a visa to enter and stay in countries and once your visa runs out you have to leave and if you have no money to leave you could really find yourself in a jam much worse then what you're in right now.
As I said, its a bit dangerous. But you can mitigate the danger. First thing, as I said, you get a return ticket. Many countries require an onward or return ticket before issuing a tourist or landing visa. I think Taiwan is one of them. And as long as you have your unused portion, airfare back won't be a problem.
mac9
Freshman Poster

Post by mac9 »

I am almost in the exact same situation as you, maybe not as bad, but I can totally see myself reaching that situation if I don't do something soon.

My advice to you is: whatever you do, DO NOT COME TO CANADA, especially Toronto. Do not even think about it.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Rock wrote:
NorthAmericanguy wrote:

As I said, its a bit dangerous. But you can mitigate the danger. First thing, as I said, you get a return ticket. Many countries require an onward or return ticket before issuing a tourist or landing visa. I think Taiwan is one of them. And as long as you have your unused portion, airfare back won't be a problem.
That's true, I forgot about that. But in his shoes what would he be retuning to? A cardboard box on 125th st in USA? In other words, that 2k is a safety net for him at the moment and if he blows it from a failed attempt to integrate into another country then we comes back to the States with no job, no money, no friends, and no place to live he's in a jam.

Anyhow, Manly I'm not saying don't move but I would have more money saved up. Like at least 10-20k. And for what it's worth, I just found out a close friend of mine has a brother who moved to Columbia where he makes a living at a bartender. Another option is to link up with backpackers who travel around the world on very limited budgets.

Lastly, you could also move to a state in this country that is less Western. For example, you could move to San Diego Ca where you can be around masculine men due to the military bases (and maybe a job) all while having access to Tijuana Mexico whenever you wanted to have some fun.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

NorthAmericanguy wrote:..............that 2k is a safety net for him at the moment and if he blows it from a failed attempt to integrate into another country then we comes back to the States with no job, no money, no friends, and no place to live he's in a jam.............
Yup and that jam would have to be resolved by being in a homeless shelter. And those shelters are cash cows now so they will try to do everything they can to make sure they are capitalizing off of you (i.e. make money off of you while they try to keep you down).
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

E_Irizarry wrote:
NorthAmericanguy wrote:..............that 2k is a safety net for him at the moment and if he blows it from a failed attempt to integrate into another country then we comes back to the States with no job, no money, no friends, and no place to live he's in a jam.............
Yup and that jam would have to be resolved by being in a homeless shelter. And those shelters are cash cows now so they will try to do everything they can to make sure they are capitalizing off of you (i.e. make money off of you while they try to keep you down).

Homeless shelters are a joke in the States. Stray animals taken in by the SPCA and hospitals offer better accommodations then what would be offered at a men's shelter; albeit, they get killed if they don't find a home, or automatically if they are a pit bull.

I use to work at a men's home/halfway house with mostly white/Hispanic men who were court ordered to be there. They were taken advantage of for the use of free labor to make a profit for a greedy heartless guy who ran a charity organization that supposedly helped needy kids but it was a lie.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Appreciate the input guys. Remember that I'm not saying I'm actually going to DO this, but it is tempting.

So for arguments' sake, let's say I stay here and can't find a job and burn through my savings in the next 2 months. Then I'm SOL with no safety net anyway. Were you to say to me "Manly, just get a job at a fast food place to help in the meantime" I would say to you, could I not just get a job at some kind of dive in Mexico (for example) instead? If I'm going to be scraping the bottom of the barrel just to survive, surely there must be some other country out there I can go to where I'd be in a better bottom-scraping situation.

Start from nothing, meet a nice little Asian or Hispanic girl eventually, then build a life together with her and be part of her family. Doesn't sound half bad to me...
Out in the world living the dream!
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

By my calculations I shall have at least $1,000 by the end of Jan 2012. My intention is to go to Europe and not return, at least not in the near future.

I live at home currently, I know that's not an option for some people, however I think most children are forced out or don't get along with their parents in some way.

With $2,000 I would be sitting pretty. As long as you get your tickets before the Spring price increase (late March), you'll be saving a few hundred to start. That would leave you with roughly $1,100-$1,200.

From there I have joined Couch Surfers and have looked into House Sitting. Couch Surfing is not a long term solution and more temporary than House Sitting. Some gigs in House Sitting are paid, a majority of them are not. I have worked out what I would do about food, if shelter is settled. That leaves all the cash to use as I see fit.

This is not a seat of the pants operation, I have a plan and its coming together though the heat will be turned up after the first of the year on phase one.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

mac9
Freshman Poster

Post by mac9 »

Dont go to Europe man. You will not solve anything and it's expensive as hell over there. Let me just say this. The so called "first world" is sick with vanity, arrogance, sense of superiority.

Feminists are women who've grown up overprotected from reality and cannot see how their privileged world was delivered by men's hard work.

SO... if you want to really maximize your chances, move to a country that is not in North America or Europe or Australia.

In other words, go to a poor country. Otherwise you will see more of the same, especially in Europe.
philosophical_filipino
Freshman Poster

Post by philosophical_filipino »

Feminists are women who've grown up overprotected from reality and cannot see how their privileged world was delivered by men's hard work.
True Man Words of wisdom. Every brick laid down was by a man. Men can work up to 15+ hours a day. Women have very simple tasks like blowjobs/making sandwiches, and those cunt bitches still manage to f**k those up.

Women's primary objectives are to suck dick, pop out babies, and feed the Raging Machine called man.

Why you think rape happens? Bitch wasn't doing the job right.[/quote]
"Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the
suffering itself because no heart has ever suffered when it goes in
search of its dream." - Paulo Coelho

"Filipinos don't realize that victory is the child of struggle, that
joy blossoms from suffering, and redemption is a product of
sacrifice." - José Rizal
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

philosophical_filipino wrote:
True Man Words of wisdom. Every brick laid down was by a man. Men can work up to 15+ hours a day. Women have very simple tasks like blowjobs/making sandwiches, and those cunt bitches still manage to f**k those up.

Women's primary objectives are to suck dick, pop out babies, and feed the Raging Machine called man.
******POST OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!*****
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

mac9 wrote:Dont go to Europe man. You will not solve anything and it's expensive as hell over there. Let me just say this. The so called "first world" is sick with vanity, arrogance, sense of superiority.

SO... if you want to really maximize your chances, move to a country that is not in North America or Europe or Australia.

In other words, go to a poor country. Otherwise you will see more of the same, especially in Europe.
+1 Excellent post!

And the sad thing about it is that the cunt women today in 1st world countries will most likely never see the harsh realities of life because they will die in old age surrounded by wealth.

I hope there is a hell because some of these cunts need to pay for all the pain and suffering they caused men and children.
newlife
Freshman Poster

Post by newlife »

There are many countries where you can get an English Teaching job without a degree. Personally, that line of work is not for me. I am more of a computer guy. And in a lot of the developing countries it is possible to make $2,000 last several months or more. I know because I live in one.