Not Jiving With The Typical American Mindset...

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
OTB
Freshman Poster

Not Jiving With The Typical American Mindset...

Post by OTB »

Hey guys. It's late so I'm going to get right to the point. I had to get this off my mind. For some time now it's been ruminating in my mind that if you're a typical American guy with the typical American mentality then it's easier to get along with AW which results in finding a girlfriend/wife. I see a pattern in the type of men AW choose. I've already posted a thread about sports watching, Real Men Watch Sports. Now what I'm getting at is if you're the sports crazed, beer drinking type of guy, the rap-gangster rap listening ghetto type dressed like a hoodlum driving a Honda or whatever with shiny rims, the tattoo rock musician type of guy, or the guy with money, obviously, then you can have a typical American broad.

It's seem like if you're different and think completely different than the average American guy you will not get along with a typical American girl or most American women. There are exceptions. I'll put it to you this way. I've always felt like I was too different for the average American broad. I'm not patriotic, I can't stand the country nor the shallow mindedness of the people, I love to travel for the sake of traveling and to get away from the country, I love international music; Brazilian, Flamenco, Salsa, Arabic music, I love learning languages and talking about culture and international history. A lot of American chicks would frown at that. That's too different for them.

I've found in my travels foreign women are more receptive to me because of my mindset. While abroad locals never think I'm American. It's because I don't carry that American way or mindset with me. I don't have it to begin with. That's my point from all this. If you have the typical American mindset or "way" you have no problem attracting AW. I believe the majority of the men on this forum don't have the typical American mentality. We think outside the box. We're the opposite of what the average AW is looking for despite our good qualities. Our thinking is very different. Has anyone ever thought about this or felt this way?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Re: Typical American Mindset...

Post by Repatriate »

OTB wrote: If you have the typical American mindset or "way" you have no problem attracting AW. I believe the majority of the men on this forum don't have the typical American mentality. We think outside the box. We're the opposite of what the average AW is looking for despite our good qualities. Our thinking is very different. Has anyone ever thought about this or felt this way?
Yeah that would definitely fit the profile of 99% of the posters in here. When i'm in America I can fit in socially but it's a lot of effort on my part to be comfortable around American society. I don't like hardcore political conservatism, sexual repression, organized sports, or macho man attitudes.

People expect you to conform according to your profession, race, religion, or appearance. Actually most of the world has cultural conformity but America's system of conformity involves social coldness or even hostility from groups you don't "fit" into relatively speaking. There's little crossover and social interactions are jaundiced. So you always have to find some bullshit social circle or interest group to fit into. There's very little overlap when it comes to that. Plus the opposite gender is totally ruined and jaded so there's little incentive in socializing to begin with, you usually end up with groups of guys talking about sports.

America is good for professional development in certain fields, storing long term assets, and basic material quality of life (like good food, clean air, housing etc..) but for everything else it is really abysmal. A big part of any country's attractiveness is the people you are surrounded by. Americans are not the type of people I want to be surrounded by the rest of my life.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

When I was like 12 years old, I was a real football fan and a big fan of Dallas Cowboys. I had the Dallas Cowboys cheerleader calendar on my wall and a bunch of toys (plastic helmets, mugs, t-shirts, etc).

At 40, I find that myself and my friends are "fake" football fans. We only watch when it's UCLA vs. USC and Superbowl Sunday parties. It's an excuse to gather all the friends from UCLA/USC and have a party/BBQ and invite friends that we're trying to hook up (less awkward in group situation if you don't like the other person). Other than that, we don't really watch football or ESPN much. I only go to baseball and basketball games when I get free tickets, or when a Taiwanese baseball player is playing. If you see a group of orientals at the stadium waving ROC flags, that's probably us.

Out of all the male coworkers I work with, I think only 2 or 3 are real football fans and are very knowledgeable about their favorite teams and players. The rest don't really care.
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

Repatriate wrote:
OTB wrote: If you have the typical American mindset or "way" you have no problem attracting AW. I believe the majority of the men on this forum don't have the typical American mentality. We think outside the box. We're the opposite of what the average AW is looking for despite our good qualities. Our thinking is very different. Has anyone ever thought about this or felt this way?
Yeah that would definitely fit the profile of 99% of the posters in here. When i'm in America I can fit in socially but it's a lot of effort on my part to be comfortable around American society. I don't like hardcore political conservatism, sexual repression, organized sports, or macho man attitudes.

People expect you to conform according to your profession, race, religion, or appearance. Actually most of the world has cultural conformity but America's system of conformity involves social coldness or even hostility from groups you don't "fit" into relatively speaking. There's little crossover and social interactions are jaundiced. So you always have to find some bullshit social circle or interest group to fit into. There's very little overlap when it comes to that. Plus the opposite gender is totally ruined and jaded so there's little incentive in socializing to begin with, you usually end up with groups of guys talking about sports.

America is good for professional development in certain fields, storing long term assets, and basic material quality of life (like good food, clean air, housing etc..) but for everything else it is really abysmal. A big part of any country's attractiveness is the people you are surrounded by. Americans are not the type of people I want to be surrounded by the rest of my life.
another thing i noticed about the american mindset is that a persons self worth seems to all ways be gauged based on who they are with. american women also seem to only want men other women want.i was going to make a tread on this but i think this tread is going to get more play so i'm talking about it here.

Winston was right when he said there was something in the air in america that makes one feel worthless ,this theory is on point. why else would the people have this mind set other than they feel like shit and need someone else to boost they're self esteem. i think male and female relationships would not have got to this point if americans saw worth and value in thy self in the first place.

it seems as if people try to compensate for they're lack of self worth for the hottest peace of ass they can find instead of looking for substance and compatibility.

yea i feel the same exact way,i don't fit in with american culture and cant stand to be around the bulk of them which is why 99 percent of my friends are from somewhere else.i feel more comfortable in places where i'm the only black american like in my church.
Another thing i found weird is that i ask my brazilian male friends if they like it here and they almost all ways say no but the women seem to love it here for some reason even though a lot them don't tend to stray away from they're culture.i was talking to a brazilian women who has been here ten years but doesn't speak english it seems as if these women seem to be the best ones.

i similarity that i have found in the culture and this may be important to black men going to brasil.... is that racism does exist in the culture and very similar to american racism but every non black brazilian will say racism doesn't exist in brazil so far i haven't ran into any problems but some white brazilians just do things that make you go hmmmmm.this is why i highly suggest north east brazil for black men. pernambuco,baiha, piauí maranhão some states that i think are black friendly.but the south rio grande do sul ,santa cantalina,and pará just seems pretty lily white to me and a lot of white brazilian kind of come off to me as very race concise but they will swear up and down there is no racsim in brazil.
yea i know i went off track a little there.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
The Arab
Freshman Poster

Post by The Arab »

OTB wrote:Hey guys. It's late so I'm going to get right to the point. I had to get this off my mind. For some time now it's been ruminating in my mind that if you're a typical American guy with the typical American mentality then it's easier to get along with AW which results in finding a girlfriend/wife. I see a pattern in the type of men AW choose. I've already posted a thread about sports watching, Real Men Watch Sports. Now what I'm getting at is if you're the sports crazed, beer drinking type of guy, the rap-gangster rap listening ghetto type dressed like a hoodlum driving a Honda or whatever with shiny rims, the tattoo rock musician type of guy, or the guy with money, obviously, then you can have a typical American broad.

It's seem like if you're different and think completely different than the average American guy you will not get along with a typical American girl or most American women. There are exceptions. I'll put it to you this way. I've always felt like I was too different for the average American broad. I'm not patriotic, I can't stand the country nor the shallow mindedness of the people, I love to travel for the sake of traveling and to get away from the country, I love international music; Brazilian, Flamenco, Salsa, Arabic music, I love learning languages and talking about culture and international history. A lot of American chicks would frown at that. That's too different for them.

I've found in my travels foreign women are more receptive to me because of my mindset. While abroad locals never think I'm American. It's because I don't carry that American way or mindset with me. I don't have it to begin with. That's my point from all this. If you have the typical American mindset or "way" you have no problem attracting AW. I believe the majority of the men on this forum don't have the typical American mentality. We think outside the box. We're the opposite of what the average AW is looking for despite our good qualities. Our thinking is very different. Has anyone ever thought about this or felt this way?
You have excellent English and observational skills as a black man.

Very impressed.
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

Post by ErikHeaven »

Very impressed. I am very offended as this is the third time you have posted this ARAB. You act like we are all a bunch of dumb savages who cannot read or write. What is it with you? My own sperm donor is a NYC professor. I have always scored in the college level as far as reading so once again what is your point? Back on topic its basically this there is a herd mentality here and if you do not look or sound like the herd then you cannot get in or fit in.
Only the few individuals like those of us here can wake up out of the matrix and find a place that best suits us. I hate sports myself and i stopped listening to the radio many years ago. I read almost everyday. I do not fit into this artificial fake country.
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

Post by ErikHeaven »

Arab if your mentality is Black Americans are born dumb i know a few black male professors and i have a few Master's degree holders in my family. If you are racist against Black Americans please leave that shit out of this forum. Most of the western world are very leery of Arabs yet i do not embrace that. I hear whites and blacks constantly down Arabs as if they are all terrorists and i stand up and defend Arabs that i know that are kind and decent people. We even had a great jailhouse scholar Malcolm X and he could run circles around any college educated person.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

OTB, I agree completely. When I travel abroad, people find it hard to believe that I am an American.

I am curious to know your plans. Do you plan to remain in America? I settled in El Paso as a compromise because I can take advantage of American infrastructure and business, but the local population and culture are basically Mexican. I couldn't live in a place that was culturally American. Of course I was a complete failure with AW.
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

The Arab wrote:
OTB wrote:Hey guys. It's late so I'm going to get right to the point. I had to get this off my mind. For some time now it's been ruminating in my mind that if you're a typical American guy with the typical American mentality then it's easier to get along with AW which results in finding a girlfriend/wife. I see a pattern in the type of men AW choose. I've already posted a thread about sports watching, Real Men Watch Sports. Now what I'm getting at is if you're the sports crazed, beer drinking type of guy, the rap-gangster rap listening ghetto type dressed like a hoodlum driving a Honda or whatever with shiny rims, the tattoo rock musician type of guy, or the guy with money, obviously, then you can have a typical American broad.

Very impressed.
this dude is just like the recent troll.i'm getting tired of the world shitting on blacks.he was all mad and shit when that troll called him a sand nigger and a terrorist but openly insults blacks and winston says nothing.black men we have no friends in this world we are all we got. i used to think we could all get along but i don't think it is ever going to happen.and like i said before anyone who argues that interracial marriage and mixed people would end this bull shit can look at the media in brazil and see that thats a load of bull shit.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

The Arab is here to have conversations with himself. He thinks he is convincing women to give arabs a try. Too bad there aren't any women here! He'd be much more successful trolling elsewhere and probably is on a daily basis. I don't know why he's always trashing black men. Perhaps he thinks by demeaning them women will gravitate towards arabs. Or perhaps it's because "black" people in the Middle East and North Africa are what Mexicans are to Americans.

A little FYI Arab, we're not gay, and we're not media indoctrinated. So no one gives a f**k how tall you are. You must of said you are 6 foot 4 over 10 times. I have a friend who is always talking about how tall he is. This is because he has no other redeeming features about him so he has to clutch at straws. Douchebags like you are so insecure that they also tend to exaggerate. If someone on the internet is 6 foot 4 and has a 12 inch cock, that probably means he's 5 foot 11 and suffers from micropenis.
OTB
Freshman Poster

Post by OTB »

@fschmidt
I am curious to know your plans. Do you plan to remain in America?
As of right now I'm working on an online business to have a location independent job. I DO NOT want to remain in this country. I want to be out of here some time next year but I'm not sure if that is going to happen. We'll see. I always say God willing. So that is my goal. I'll be thirty in Dec. and I want to be out here so I can start meeting prospective candidates to be my wife. Mexico is the country I want to be in or Southern Spain. I think Mexico or another country in Latin America would be best so I can stay close to family.

So you get the same thing when traveling. You're not spotted as the American. I like the fact I'm not seen as an American while traveling.
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

odbo wrote:The Arab is here to have conversations with himself. He thinks he is convincing women to give arabs a try. Too bad there aren't any women here! He'd be much more successful trolling elsewhere and probably is on a daily basis. I don't know why he's always trashing black men. Perhaps he thinks by demeaning them women will gravitate towards arabs. Or perhaps it's because "black" people in the Middle East and North Africa are what Mexicans are to Americans.

A little FYI Arab, we're not gay, and we're not media indoctrinated. So no one gives a f**k how tall you are. You must of said you are 6 foot 4 over 10 times. I have a friend who is always talking about how tall he is. This is because he has no other redeeming features about him so he has to clutch at straws. Douchebags like you are so insecure that they also tend to exaggerate. If someone on the internet is 6 foot 4 and has a 12 inch cock, that probably means he's 5 foot 11 and suffers from micropenis.
I like the Arab's posts and I think he is an intelligent guy. But it's very strange to me to see such a narcissistic individual who claims to be Arab. At least in terms of the immigrant population of Dublin City, Arabs are know to be the ethnic group who are subjected to the most abuse (even more than the Chinese who he claims are an inferior race). Which is due to them being from a culture who's people have no clue how to fight or stand up for themselves to cretins who strive on abusing others.

Revealing one's height in any thread no matter what the topic displays some level of arrogance, but to do so in almost every post is just a joke and implicates the person is some kind of a troll.
Last edited by lavezzi on October 31st, 2011, 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OTB
Freshman Poster

Post by OTB »

I would appreciate if we could stay on topic. Please. Thank you.
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

Yes

Post by ErikHeaven »

It would be nicer and easy to stay on topic if some people would not resort to racist comments. Now back to your topic my brother.
The Arab
Freshman Poster

Post by The Arab »

Just to be clear, I am NOT racist towards black men.

Guys like Phoenix and TS are insightful and intelligent.... it's when I first arrived here, I noticed several black members with terrible English and it annoyed me.