In Manila right now, all girls ignoring me, exactly like USA

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
unhappyinmanila
Freshman Poster

In Manila right now, all girls ignoring me, exactly like USA

Post by unhappyinmanila »

OK, so after reading this forum and varius other ones, I decided to take the plunge and
take some time off work to come to Manila and see what all the fuss is about.
I notice no differences in what you describe as women being more approachable here.

What is going on?

I was just at the mall of asia, I approached a few filipinas, tried to ask for directions,
opened with "Hi, how are you doing". I get no response at all. They just look at me
and then walk away.

How is this place different from the US? I've been here for a few days now, so far
I can't manage to get a date. so what is everyone talking about?

Is anyone else here in Manila?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I am not far from Manila. Dude you need to chill out! The 1st few nights you need to detox. Get into a taxi and tell the driver to take you to:

EDSA Entertainment Center in Pasay. Go inside all the clubs there.

next

go to Burgos Street in Makati ( where the bars are) - that is what you tell the driver. Hang out in the bars there.

Then we will talk.
Last edited by ladislav on November 8th, 2011, 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
unhappyinmanila
Freshman Poster

ladislav wrote:I am not far from Manila. Dude you need to chill out! The 1st few nights you need detox. Get into a taxi and tell the driver to take you to:

EDSA Entertainment Center in Pasay. Go inside all the clubs there.

next

go to Burgos Street in Makati ( where the bars are) - that is what you tell the driver. Hang out in the bars there.

Then we will talk.
listen, im not looking to date hookers,
im looking to date normal girls.

are you telling me the only girls willing to give guys a chance are hookers/strippers?

how is this happier abroad?

if you pay hookers in the us, they will talk to you too obvioulsy, they are hookers

what about the normal girls?
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I am not saying that at all. You need to imbibe some sexuality for a couple of days and see how the local race acts even there. Look Think of it as post US therapy. It will also help you relax and feel entertained for a while. That is what I mean by detox. And bars here are very friendly, not like in the US. Check them out.

As far as the normal girls go, do you have a cellphone with a SIM card now? Because you will want to be giving out lots of numbers if you want to hook up.

Are you smiling a lot and do you look relaxed?

Are you giving yourself enough time? How long are you going to be here?
unhappyinmanila
Freshman Poster

ladislav wrote:I am not saying that at all. You need to imbibe some sexuality for a couple of days and see how the local race acts even there. Look Think of it as post US therapy. It will also help you relax and feel entertained for a while. That is what I mean by detox.

As far as the normal girls go, do you have a cellphone with a SIM card now? Because you will want to be giving out lots of numbers if you want to hook up.

Are you smiling a lot and do you look relaxed?
Yeah im smiling and look relaxed. I have a prepaid simcard that I bought a few days ago. I got one number and that girl basically said she has to work so she has no time to show me around. Lame excuse just like all American women. I've been going around trying to chat up girls at SM mall, mall of asia, etc..

its pretty much exactly like the US. it seems to be all this Happier Abroad propaganda is being spread by Winston and his posse.
there is no such thing as happier abroad.

i spent thousands of dollars for a plane ticket and hotel to be ignored by women half way across the world. ugh, unless u can show me different, want to meet up in manila? no hookers please
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

How much longer are you going to be around?
unhappyinmanila
Freshman Poster

ladislav wrote:How much longer are you going to be around?
until next monday. it would be great if we could meet up in manila. and another thing that is pissing me off. I was chatting with this girl on a dating site for a long time, many hours almost every night for 2 months. and as soon as I told her I am in Manila. she tells me that she is "not in the mood" to meet up. I came all the way here to see her and she is not in the mood to meet up? can someone explain this to me. how friggin rude, and she thinks that this isnt wrong? and we are cursing american girls?
cadams84
Freshman Poster

Post by cadams84 »

I’ve not made my way to the Philippines yet but I have been planning to for a while. From what I understand Manila is a bit faster paced than the rest of the country, it’s mostly career minded folks trying to climb the ladder.

I hear nice things about Cebu and some of the smaller cities where people are more approachable and have other priorities. I am also looking to meet ladies other than bar girls when I visit but that doesn’t mean I am not going to go to a bar. Have you thought about visiting a city such as Cebu? Make an account on one of these dating sites to show that you are currently in the Philippines and looking to meet someone I am sure you will get plenty of mail.
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

Putting too much pressure on the happier abroad fact and wanting to absolutely date as soon as possible is a mistake.

Going to the bars in the night and trying to find "regular girls"during the days, it's a good start.

Before going there,meeting ladies on internet is a good thing.

You can hook up with them,being introduced to their circles and maybe something could happen.

Manila is the capital..same as Bangkok,and i imagine that as every big city and every big capitals,is far more difficult to contact ladies than in a countryside for example.

There is a huge difference in Bangkok compared to a little village or a small city in Thailand, where they are few westerners, and most of them are old.

Bangkok being a big city, having a middle class more westernized who are totally accustomed to see western men and not in a financial hurry,make things of course more difficult to engage in the first step.

If in my first trip,i was thinking to hit every malls,hungry to find some chicks fastly,willing to give my number quickly hoping to hook with a girl..i think that i would have failed totally,and doing by this way,i would feel annoyed thinking incorrectly and having wrong conclusion about Thai girls.

There is no hurry to have a girlfriend, supposing that just by stepping there,women will fall on our feet, wishing to meet us now.

No miracle are possible..women are still women, but they are still huge differences comparing to US females..so better to chill out,take a breath,hit some bars,meet some girls on internet and indulging also in dating games all around.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

You failed to read between the lines. When they talk about friendly women in the Philippines, they are talking about prostitutes. Normal non-professional women are the same everywhere.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

MrPeabody wrote: Normal non-professional women are the same everywhere.
Absolutely wrong.
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

MrPeabody wrote:You failed to read between the lines. When they talk about friendly women in the Philippines, they are talking about prostitutes. Normal non-professional women are the same everywhere.
Prostitutes are not disconnected from normal non professional women.
Before being prostitutes,they are women.

If in Thailand and in the Philippines for example,prostitution is really different as in the western countries and ladies are friendlier,is because "normal non prostitute" women are also friendlier.

The typical prostitution in the West is a cold hearted bitch looking at the watch,denying you to kiss her and being totally mechanical in doing her business.

In Thailand,most of bargirls will give you a total opposite experience in what we call prostitution.

They still do it for money at the end of the story,but they don't treat you as a creepy subhuman male, who need to empty his balls without any respect.

How can we expect prostitutes in the West or any other similar cultures, to have some consideration for a male punter,when even normal ladies think that males are shit and worth nothing regarding to their superior p***y quality?
unhappyinmanila
Freshman Poster

It appears most of the dates that people are getting here and reporting back are from hookers.
Is there anyone here that has actually dated a regular girl who is not a hooker and has
a positive experience from it?

Most filipinas here are very cold from what I see and no different from American women.
You can even say they are worse. I am coming to see the sad reality that it is likely the same
everywhere in the world.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

green1976 wrote:
MrPeabody wrote:You failed to read between the lines. When they talk about friendly women in the Philippines, they are talking about prostitutes. Normal non-professional women are the same everywhere.
Prostitutes are not disconnected from normal non professional women.
Before being prostitutes,they are women.
A normal woman and a prostitute are not the same thing. That's a common delusion of men who get into the mongering sub culture.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Yeah, I think your over reacting to your perceived understanding of what Manila and the Philippines is supposed to be. Also, as with any discussion board, every person who has been to the Philippines will have different experiences and interests that may or may not match yours. Going strictly by what Winston's perception of the Philippines is and how easy/difficult it is to hook up with women is not really the best way to do things. You really needed to find all the individuals who either live or visit the Philippines regularly and go through all their posts, then decide which ones match your goals in regards to what you want to achieve in the Philippines and you should have PMed them before you even decided to go to the Philippines. But alas, you are already here and disappointed with your current itinerary so you definitely need a change and some more solid advice.

From my own experience, it usually takes around 5-7 days to figure out a city in any country you go to. So to think that you will just plop down in Manila and have droves of single, decent Filipinas drooling to just date you at a drop of a hat is not really realistic. Actuality a newbie to the Philippines shouldn't be hanging out in Manila for more then a few days before they should get out of dodge to another city that is much better to deal with for new comers with little experience.

And yes, if you are looking to find and date local girls and are only visiting for a couple of weeks, you should have gone to Cebu rather than hang around Manila, as there are many Westerners here and most girls aren't really in pick up mode cause they have so many options to choose from, whether they are foreigners or Filipinos. Unless you are really handsome and 30ish and under your not just going to pick up chicks randomly in the malls, trust me.

So since you're in Manila and you're not interested in the typical foreigner bars with easy girls, you will have to visit somewhat normal nightlife places. Now, remember some of these places will still have working girls and you may not know until you are well into the night so just remember that one. They are not all looking or acting like hard core whores so just be aware its part of the Manila nightlife scene for the most part.

Here's a list of bars that you may want to consider visiting in Manila:

http://www.1stopmanila.com/hospitality/bars

Other places not mentioned:

The various Cowboy Grill bars will have a lot of normal girls there but they will always be with a group of friends, both guys and girls so be prepared to have to deal with them as well.

Greenbelt 3 has a bunch of bars where a mix of regular and pick up girls hang out. Havana Cafe is usually busy and a popular hang out.

Conway's Bar in the Makati Shangri-La Hotel is a good place to pick up chicks as well, there are a mix of regular and player girls there but they will be higher end if thats what your looking for. The waitresses are hot too.

The various Japanese style bars on Mabini street you may want to consider. Most of the girls that work those bars are not hard core whores but rather doing it for financial reasons, they don't generally sleep with customers for money. You may want to browse them, you may find a decent girl there if you can open yourself a bit to the possibility.

Manila Bay Cafe - Yes, it's known as the ultimate pick up girl place in the Philippines and is mostly filled with working girls. But on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays there is a chance you could hook up with a regular chick that is not there for money. I used to do that on a semi-regular basis when I was going there regularly. Even if you don't find one, its still a fun place to go to one night just for the experience.

Adriatico St in Malate has a number of bars that have many regular girls looking for a night out. You can maybe pick up there and get numbers if you try. Some of the bars are listed on the link above.

Stay away from Filipino comedy bars. You will just stand out and then the gays dressed up like girls will single you out and add you to their joke line up while everyone laughs at you speaking Tagalog.

Anyways that should keep you busy for the rest of your trip. Next time you come here Go to Cebu or some of the smaller cities like Bacolod, which is a good second option. Try to chat up a bunch of normal girls by internet cause many will flake out on you. Good to have a list of at least 10 or more to choose from then if you can't meet them all choose the best ones who are willing to meet you.

While your here in Manila you may want to respond to Manila Craigslist advertisements, they are generally interested in meeting a foreigner:

http://manila.craigslist.com.ph/w4m/

Good Luck...
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.