In Manila right now, all girls ignoring me, exactly like USA

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

I think what everybody's saying, is that a couple weeks with no advance planning or dates set up isn't gonna be the best route to find legitimate, non-P4P women in a foreign country. One is basically going into a mine blind and expecting to find gold within a couple scoops of dirt.

If it was that easy, there'd be no men in the US for sure! :D

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MrPeabody wrote:You failed to read between the lines. When they talk about friendly women in the Philippines, they are talking about prostitutes. Normal non-professional women are the same everywhere.
Not really. But it is true that middle class women are less friendly to strangers than lower class women. Most low class normal girls from poor families will be just as friendly as bar girls, except they will move slower with sex of course.

Right now, go write to a dozen girls from DateinAsia.com and Blossoms.com. You can just introduce yourself and tell them you are looking for a friend in Manila to show you around. Many of them will be interested in meeting you, even after just a few email exchanges. Try it.

What do you look like? Can you describe your appearance? What race are you?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

unhappyinmanila wrote:It appears most of the dates that people are getting here and reporting back are from hookers.
Is there anyone here that has actually dated a regular girl who is not a hooker and has
a positive experience from it?

Most filipinas here are very cold from what I see and no different from American women.
You can even say they are worse. I am coming to see the sad reality that it is likely the same
everywhere in the world.
I have. Besides my girlfriend, there are many girls in the "Angeles City photo thread" in this forum where I posted pics of normal girls I dated. Scroll through that whole thread, and you will see.

viewtopic.php?t=4703
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
unhappyinmanila
Freshman Poster

Post by unhappyinmanila »

It's 3am I can't sleep I want to quickly summarize some of the really weird stuff that I see going on in this place.

- Some girl was wearing a swastika t-shirt, and no one attacked her or said anything, they just minded their own business,
no one even blinked an eye, weird

- The sports channel here is called "balls" muhahahaa lmao, are they retarded?

- When you ask people for directions i.e. "excuse me, do you know where so and so is", they will tell you yes, but then walk away?

- I was at harrison plaza earlier, and some random woman comes up to me and says, "follow me", im like "why", no response

- Later on at harrison plaza, im sitting down and some pino guy comes up to me and says "hi" smiling, he sits down to my right, immdiately afterwards two older women sit down to my left, they ask me where I am from, etc.. I point at some old white guy and tell them, "go rob him instead, he is rich"..

Anyways, the people here can't speak English, I can't understand half the words that are coming out of their mouth.
I couldn't imagine having a Filipina wife, when im going to be
How did you get those normal girls Winston, where did you meet them/what did you say to them?

Thanks for eveyones help
Last edited by unhappyinmanila on November 12th, 2011, 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

- Some girl was wearing a swastika t-shirt, and no one attacked her or said anything, they just minded their own business, no one even blinked an eye, weird
Well, the swastika is a positive meme outside of western society. It's not used to recognize the Nazi party.

- The sports channel here is called "balls" muhahahaa lmao, are they retarded?
That's funny. But you know what's even more retarded? Western TV having 20+ sports channels.

- When you ask people for directions i.e. "excuse me, do you know where so and so is", they will tell you yes, but then walk away?
Did you ask them "Can you tell me where to find X"?

- I was at harrison plaza earlier, and some random woman comes up to me and says, "follow me", im like "why", no response
Somebody told me that in NYC too! lol They were telling me to go to their shop to buy stuff. That's funny and weird at the same time. That's something to be suspicious of.

- Later on at harrison plaza, im sitting down and some pino guy comes up to me and says "hi" smiling, he sits down to my right, immdiately afterwards two older women sit down to my left, they ask me where I am from, etc.. I point at some old white guy and tell them, "go rob him instead, he is rich"..
LMAO! They could've just wanted to get to know you(somewhat). However, don't tell them your plans, or what financial assets you have etc.

Anyways, the people here can't speak English, I can't understand half the words that are coming out of their mouth.
I couldn't imagine having a Filipina wife, when im going to be having to repeat myself 3-4 times when asking the simpliest of questions.

Well, English ain't their primary language. You should read Winston's fact sheet about the Philippines. Real eye opener.

I met a very pretty girl at SM mall today, I just randomly approached her and got her number. I have arranged to see her for lunch today, lets see if she flakes on me.
If she looked poor, you can bet she'll meet you! lol Tell us what happened if you can.

This can be real good experience for you. Keep learning!
unhappyinmanila
Freshman Poster

terminator 2 chase scene
Last edited by unhappyinmanila on November 12th, 2011, 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unhappyinmanila
Freshman Poster

same thing as usa
Last edited by unhappyinmanila on November 12th, 2011, 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unhappyinmanila
Freshman Poster

well winston
Last edited by unhappyinmanila on November 12th, 2011, 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

To be honest, I've never met a woman from Luzon that was really freindly. My friends wife is from Manila and she can be a real bitch sometimes. If, I was you, I'd be on the next plane to Cebu, Cagayan De Oro, Bacolod or Illiolo, you'll get a much better reception.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Why don't you go to Green hills shopping mall in San Juan and talk to the stall girls there? You'll have a much better chance getting numbers from them than any SM or Robinson mall. Best to go in the afternoon cause it closes at 8pm. It's big enough to keep you busy all day and a good place to buy knock off's of any product worth selling as well.

Just tell a taxi they know where it is. It should cost around 100-150 Pesos from Makati depending on traffic.

Also follow my previous advise given regarding nightlife.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
steve55
Junior Poster

WOW! So much to respond to.

Post by steve55 »

I think all the experienced and only experienced posters need to speak on this, and plainly say if they paid hookers, or if they found normal girls of quality in normal places, so far it seems like all your guys hook ups and dates all happened in the red district.
Ok, Ive made 7 trips over the last 10 years and have travlled all over the phils. Here is my take.

Going to a big city like Manila expecting to just be able to meet girls on the spot is a mistake. It can be done if you try, but its the hard way to go about it. You really should have chatted the ladies online BEFORE your trip and made a contact list.

Manila probably is not the best place to try to meet girls on the spot. That being said though, I still was able to meet girls on my trips even in manila. A few real life examples:

1) I decided to get a facial and hand massage in one of the beauty parlors at Robinson mall in Manila and as always, the girl started asking me the basic questions(where are you from, how long you stay here, where are you staying, how is your vacation going blah blah blah). I also asked her questions such as are you married, do you have a boyfreind, what do you do on your free time blah blah blah. Once I saw she was single, and once I sensed she liked me, I simply asked her "would you like to meet for coffee after work". I got her cell and ended up meeting her in the lobby of my hotel.

2) I started the same blah blah blah type talk with a waitress at a chinese restraunt. I asked her if she would like to meet up later and hang out. Same deal, same success story as in #1 above. Had a drink/snack in the Hotel lobby and then suggest watching TV or a movie in my room.

Now, on the other hand, I also talked to a lot of girls whom I did not end up trying to get a number from because I did not sense they were interested in me. Its so obvious if a girl likes you. A girl who likes you will give off signals. She will smile and blush a lot, make eye contact, and ask you alot of questions. They say 99% of communication is non verbal. Get a feel if she is into you. If she seems to like you, just ask her if she would like to hang out later. If you read her wrong and she is not interested, she will just say she is unavailable or cant go and make up some excuse. So, this way you never put her in a tough spot of having to refuse giving her number to you.

You've got to be able to discern if a girl likes you. Whether its a waitress, a mall employee, or a facial massagist etc, just start the small talk and see if she seems to like you. If you dont talk to the girls and start conversations, of course you will not have luck and then you will falsely conclude that its no different than being in the US. The difference between Manila and the US is that in the US, 99% of the woman will not show interest in you when you try to start a conversation. They will not EVER initiate flirting with you or give you a look of interest. They will not smile and blush, will not ask you questions or carry on the coversation, will not make eye contact and smile while talking with you. The US girls will simply just do the bare minimum and move on. But in the phils (even in Manila), the girls will do all these things if they like you. The fact you are a foreigner makes the odds that they will be interested due to the foreigner/american" novelty is very high. BUT, if you dont engage in conversation with any of them, how will you ever know??

Another example, ....just 2 months ago while I was in angeles city visiting Winston, I met a girl at one of the small cell phone stands. I was buying load and there were a pack of 5 girls in the shop chatting up the female employee who was helping me (it was one of their friends). They all started asking me "where you from?" , and several took turns flirting with me saying "do you have girlfriend " and then giggling and blushing after saying these things. I mean, Im talking some really heavy flirting. Then, one girl in the back of the pack says "can I apply to be your girlfriend?". I was so shy that I just laughed and smiled and walked off. But after walking away , I started kicking myself in the ass for not taking advantage of it. So I returned to the shop and pretended like I needed further help with my phone and then I said to the cashier "I need you to show me how to do X, and oh, by the way, that one girl is really cute, who is she? DO you know her? Can I have her number?" And I had dinner with her 5 hours later!! Here she is. She is 23 and works at a drug store, she was wearing her employee badge and brought a freind. Winston and I had dinner with them, winston took this photo.

This shit NEVER happnes to me in the US. And these girls are not "prostitutes". Im just shocked that anyone would think meeting woman in Manila is just as hard as in the US. Wow!

Right now, go write to a dozen girls from DateinAsia.com and Blossoms.com. You can just introduce yourself and tell them you are looking for a friend in Manila to show you around. Many of them will be interested in meeting you, even after just a few email exchanges. Try it.
I agree! It should work! Try that in the US, ha ha ha. There's simply no comparison.
Anyways, the people here can't speak English, I can't understand half the words that are coming out of their mouth. I couldn't imagine having a Filipina wife, when im going to be having to repeat myself 3-4 times when asking the simpliest of questions.
I find that most of the girls speak english quite well, no problems at all. Weird that you feel this way.

Ok now im pissed, just like the typical american female,she cancelled on me. Her excuse is she has to fix some things today. whatever the hell that means.
Well, while I am quite surprised this happened, but considering that you just met her. If you had known them prior to your trip, I dont think something like this would have happened, at least it's rare in my opinion.

So far, i've had the girl I chatted with online say for sure when I come to manila she would meet me, then when I get here and I text her, she tells me she is not in the mood to meet up.
I cant say that has ever happened to me. Anyone else experience this?
If, I was you, I'd be on the next plane to Cebu, Cagayan De Oro, Bacolod or Illiolo, you'll get a much better reception.
IMHO, Cebu is better, but not a HUMUNGO difference .

Lastly, I have to disagree that only poorer woman are interested in foreigners. There are PLENTY of middle class girls who would like to meet Westerners. Just look on cherry blossoms or filipino friend finder. There are toons of nurses and degreed and even masters degreed woman out there looking for Ameircan boyfreind or husband. Ill agree that the upper class filipinas tend to stick to their own, but not necessarily the middle class. Truth be told, Im chatting a girl right now on cherry blossoms who has 2 degrees, one in nursing and the other in education. She can be a teacher or a nurse. Her family is very well off. Her sister is a vetinarian and they travel all the time between tacloban and boracay for vacations. They have 1st world ammenities and a 1st world home. Ive chatted many girls on cherry like that. Ive always sort of scratched my head when people say that only poor filipinas are interested in foreigners. Sorry, but I definitley dont agree with that conclusion. I say that from 8 years of personal experience with online dating.
Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

unhappyinmanila wrote:It's 3am I can't sleep I want to quickly summarize some of the really weird stuff that I see going on in this place.

- Some girl was wearing a swastika t-shirt, and no one attacked her or said anything, they just minded their own business,
no one even blinked an eye, weird
Reminds me of turning on Pilipinas Got Talent and after a network disclaimer there is the First Baby Sister, Kris Aquino asking a contestant dance group if they understood what the swastikas they used as their costumes meant. In the end the three judges, Kris, Ai Ai, and Freddie Garcia all said yes and they moved to the next round. I don't think anyone under 80 remembers what the Japanese did either.
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

I think that you resumed quit well Raja how things works on the ground and how they can't be any comparison between AW ladies type and Filipina woman.

I didn't have the possibility,mostly because of my limited amount of money(as most of us)to visit the Philippines and also because i'm quit happy regarding Thailand,but i'm pretty sure stuff are quit similar when dealing with women in both countries.
The mall interactions could have well happened in Thailand.

This are the kind of reality who would not happen in the US or another kind of society like that.

You could walk all the days,every months and every dozens of years,trying to make some eyes contacts and smiling..and all what you will get is the:"f**k off you f***ing creep,disgusting male horny dog who thinks women are only sexual toys!!!"

But of course, they will still dress as sluts, talking about sexual revolution,equal rights,and talking,talking,talking shit all day long........talking,talking without giving anything,only taking for their own.

Finally,all what you have is to fall in a perpetual psychological and physical frustration who will sooner or later,destroy all of your personality,your inner being and what you are.

There is no,as stated by some of the others BM,possibility to repair AW women and similar type.
The damage is there beyond repair.

To be happy abroad is about that..knowing that is far easier to change society than wanting to change our society.

Putting too much or unrealistic expectations when we go abroad,hoping that for example filipina women will fall all over us is a mistake.
Better to clean our minds,keep realistic and follow the flow.

I have quit a few stories to share about how i got approached by some Thai ladies be it in hotels,malls or even in the streets.

A few times it has been incredibly..for example proposing me to have sex and fun together(and not hookers or expecting money).

Most of them would not overly say the word sex..but when they say we can go to disco and have a night together in your hotel..everything is said.

The matter is clear for me:If the world would be only AW women to be with..it would be a hell...a true hell on earth.

Just by changing the places and by reversing totally the rules(Thailand or Philippines for example),the living hell that AW and manginas put on earth is erased, and i find a peace of mind putting me a smile on my face and having confidence in the future.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

unhappy in Manila,

Two things:

Are you approaching any girls in Manila? I'll tell you what. Do exactly as I say. Go to SM and talk to some girls that work in SM department store. Notice that when they look at you, there is a sweet feminine smile on their face, a kind that you won't find from women in America . Start by asking a simple question, followed by 2 more. Then say, "By the way, you're very maganda". Then watch how she blushes and giggles. You will not find that in America. American women don't blush or giggle. Then tell me if you still think that Filipinas are like American women. After that, say "Maybe phone number?" (keep the sentences as simple as possible) and ask her to write it on a notepad, since that isn't really allowed at their work place.

Try that and you will experience a world of difference. The shoppers at SM may be middle class, but the girls that work there tend to be poor, so they are friendlier.

Also, I thought of a way of helping you from afar. Let me introduce you to two Filipinas I know, so you can call them and see how different, modest, and relaxed they are. They are normal girls, not prostitutes. I can PM you their numbers. Here are their pics.

Luisa

Marissa

ImageImage

Just call them or sms them, tell them I gave their number to you, and that you are a fan of my site, and that you are looking for a new friend to show you around, etc. Luisa is from Mt. Arayat, a village next to a mountain an hour from Angeles, and she is poor, but conservative, Christian and a virgin. Marissa is closer to Angeles and teaches English to Korean students. You will notice how relaxed, modest and down to earth they are. Their attitude is not like American women at all. I'll PM their contact info to you.

Also, you can meet Dianne's three friends in Angeles too. If you go to Angeles, we can arrange that. Here are their pics.

viewtopic.php?t=7866

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Simoun wrote:I was just in Manila a few weeks ago. I hung out with 2 hosts I met on blossoms, one was middle class and one was poorer. I would not have gone to Manila without my hosts, or having done so, I would not have complained about the approachability of women, based on my trip. Yes, filipinas speak English, but from my experience it's kind of like Americans who learn Spanish in high school. True, they can communicate basically and they're exposed to English from the tv and movies, but day to day they speak tagalog, visaya, cebuano, etc. So their English isn't great. Many of the girls who you are approaching may not speak English that well; hence their shyness.

Also, whatever your background, you might have noticed from the Mall of Asia that you are a bit of an oddity there. For several days I was the only non-filipino around that I was aware of.

This trip doesn't have to be a failure though. Consider it a first step in a multi-step process. Use it as a means of learning about the country. If you can, take up ladislav or another member to hang out as they will show you more about Luzon than you can learn on your own in a month. Alternately, despite your intentions, I'd avoid the tourist attractions and go to the girl bars. Barfine a girl who speaks English, take her to a restaurant or back to your hotel, drink San Miguel and just chat. I imagine she could tell you more about Luzon and what's what than the regulars on this board could.

Anyway, I hope the rest of your trip goes better.
So you didn't approach any girls at all? Or you did?

I would say that most Filipinas' English is horrible. Even an American kid in kindergarten speaks better English than they do. Seriously. Filipinas do not usually understand words like "hypothetically, theoretically, retroactively, double standard, hypocrisy" etc. They can't argue concepts. They only know basic words pertaining to basic things in life. I have often have to repeat sentences many times to them. It's quite annoying.