In Manila right now, all girls ignoring me, exactly like USA

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
uncertain
Freshman Poster

Post by uncertain »

Questions for unhappyinmanila:

- What is your exact ethnic background?
- How old are you?
- Are you overweight?
- Are you bald?
- Being objective rate yourself on a 1-10 scale

- about how old are the women you are approaching?
- are any of them overweight?
- are any of them below average?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

unhappyinmanila wrote:It's 3am I can't sleep I want to quickly summarize some of the really weird stuff that I see going on in this place.

- Some girl was wearing a swastika t-shirt, and no one attacked her or said anything, they just minded their own business,
no one even blinked an eye, weird

- The sports channel here is called "balls" muhahahaa lmao, are they retarded?

- When you ask people for directions i.e. "excuse me, do you know where so and so is", they will tell you yes, but then walk away?

- I was at harrison plaza earlier, and some random woman comes up to me and says, "follow me", im like "why", no response

- Later on at harrison plaza, im sitting down and some pino guy comes up to me and says "hi" smiling, he sits down to my right, immdiately afterwards two older women sit down to my left, they ask me where I am from, etc.. I point at some old white guy and tell them, "go rob him instead, he is rich"..

Anyways, the people here can't speak English, I can't understand half the words that are coming out of their mouth.
I couldn't imagine having a Filipina wife, when im going to be having to repeat myself 3-4 times when asking the simpliest
of questions.

I met a very pretty girl at SM mall today, I just randomly approached her and got her number. I have arranged to see her for
lunch today, lets see if she flakes on me.

How did you get those normal girls Winston, where did you meet them/what did you say to them?

Thanks for eveyones help
I don't think most Filipinas know anything about WWII. It's not relevant to their lives to learn about history. And they don't watch The History Channel either.

Filpinos usually suck at giving directions. They don't like to think. Every expat has complained about this.

What did those three people say when you told them to rip off someone else? Did they explain their intentions? If people approach you, keep your distance. If they are pushy in any way, then it is a very bad sign. Pushy people always have bad intentions.

Yeah I have to repeat my questions to many Filipinos many times. That's one annoying thing there. A kindergarten kid from America speaks better English than they do.

Try to make them laugh to lighten up the mood. Tell her she looks maganda and takes your breath away. Compliments actually wins points with them.

I met normal girls everywhere, on the jeepney, small, bus, bus stop, restaurant, supermarket, etc.

All I did was say to them, "You're very maganda" or I asked a simple question first. Then I flirted with them and asked for their number. It's that easy. If they ask you questions, that is a good sign. If they blush and giggle, that is another good sign. Just find ways to make them laugh. Try that and see what happens.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

uncertain wrote:Questions for unhappyinmanila:

- What is your exact ethnic background?
- How old are you?
- Are you overweight?
- Are you bald?
- Being objective rate yourself on a 1-10 scale

- about how old are the women you are approaching?
- are any of them overweight?
- are any of them below average?
He's painted a pretty clear picture of himself in this thread - under 30, fairly good looking. I'm pretty sure he's approaching young women who he finds attractive. Attractiveness is a very subjective call so hard to say whether or not any of them are attractive. As for being overweight, its not hard to find slim or normal sized girls there. Only a small minority are very overweight.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

unhappyinmanila,
So what do you think of the local food so far? Disgusting isn't it?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
unhappyinmanila
Freshman Poster

Post by unhappyinmanila »

Winston wrote:unhappyinmanila,
The food here is great, im not sure what you mean. Maybe you are eating the local phillipino food?
I usually eat western dishes here, steak, burgers, western type sushi lol.

I was at robinson mall yesterday, and for 120 pesos got a good steak with rice.
Also, the burgers you find here are better than the ones in the US by far.
Have you tried Wham Burgers? very good in my opinion.
But it costs about 300 pesos.

what is maganda?
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Somebody do an IP check to see if he's even posting from Manila. This could be a troll.
unhappyinmanila
Freshman Poster

Post by unhappyinmanila »

NorthAmericanguy wrote:Somebody do an IP check to see if he's even posting from Manila. This could be a troll.
Your an idiot, I can text you from my prepaid manila phone.

Or better yet, meet me at the mall if you have doubts.
Simoun
Freshman Poster

Post by Simoun »

So you didn't approach any girls at all? Or you did?

I would say that most Filipinas' English is horrible. Even an American kid in kindergarten speaks better English than they do. Seriously. Filipinas do not usually understand words like "hypothetically, theoretically, retroactively, double standard, hypocrisy" etc. They can't argue concepts. They only know basic words pertaining to basic things in life. I have often have to repeat sentences many times to them. It's quite annoying.
Nah, I was pretty much with my hosts the whole time.

I will acknowledge that I was able to communicate necessary information, but some conversations were much more limited than others. What I found annoying was being approached by a peddler who would direct his offer to me in English. My host would then respond in filipino and at that point I was completely out of the conversation. Thirty seconds of back and forth would ensue, after which we'd walk away. I was like, "what'd he say? What'd he say?" My host would just stare off in silence, like she didn't hear me. :)
filipina
Freshman Poster

Post by filipina »

Winston wrote: I would say that most Filipinas' English is horrible. Even an American kid in kindergarten speaks better English than they do. Seriously. Filipinas do not usually understand words like "hypothetically, theoretically, retroactively, double standard, hypocrisy" etc. They can't argue concepts. They only know basic words pertaining to basic things in life. I have often have to repeat sentences many times to them. It's quite annoying.
first of all, I AM A FILIPINA and sorry to butt in with the topic I really just can't stop myself from replying.

Gauging from the pictures you posted here it's not surprising for me that you're able to say such a thing, try for once to spend time with filipina girls from middle class and I mean try hard because I bet when middle class filipinas will learn how you see us I don't think they will see you as a great catch (except for those who, to be brutally honest, want your $ only). Pardon my words but this is just my opinion from a middle class filipina's perspective. I don't mean to flame nor bash you but it is just quite unfair because most of your posts here dealt only with some filipinas from the sad to say "poor side" and not all facets of filipinas are represented.

------------------

Just to give you guys an idea.

Here in the Philippines college degree do not hold much significant because Education here is cheap. Our basic literacy rate is 93%. "Basic or simple literacy is the ability of a person to read and write with understanding a simple message in any language or dialect." http://lcc.deped.gov.ph/lcc/index.php?o ... &Itemid=76

Let me categorize filipinas reception to foreign men according to poor, middle, upper classes since I have often read it here and you guys just can't seem to agree on one thing.

Prostitutes - materialistic filipina women, can be rich or poor who only wants your money.

Poor - generally, these are the ones that are abundant on dating sites, most receptive to foreign men. These include women with poor financial background regardless of her degree in college or her work. Yes, a nurse or a teacher can be very poor here.

Middle - discreet on joining dating sites, picky on who to chat, communicate or meet with. Can be with or without a college degree but is living a modest life. If you meet her on a dating site certainly she does not chat from an internet cafe.

Upper class - Rare.

Does this mean you only have a chance for poor filipina women? NO

Generally, we, filipinas are tactful, modest, welcoming, reserved and a bit shy regardless of whatever financial status/class we're in. You just have to be tactful in approaching us. Sad to say, we see foreign men as more honest, responsible, financially stable - a sort of knight in shining armor (although in reality some are losers in an aluminum foil :p) this very notion leads the poor filipina women to be gullible more often compared to middle class filipinas who really need some time to get to know you, so do not expect to find good middle class filipina prospect for a date on your first ever visit here with no prior communication although there are some exceptions like when you have common friend, etc.

Personally, I am on blossoms to find a husband but honestly I have been there for quite a year now and good men just seems to be so elusive until now :( I am from a middle class family which to tell you the truth if my family will learn that I am joining a dating site they will all raise their eyebrows on me. There aren't much guys to choose for a husband over my place so I ended up joining blossoms.

Finding a good classy woman may not be that difficult here in Philippines but it does take an effort. Admittedly, we are not that hard to please just bring with you your values, good manners and common sense.

If you just want a filipina fling or someone who can satisfy your raging libido then don't make any effort there are a lot of them but I would not ever give you an idea.

Lastly, for Winston I can very well narrate with you with what happened during WW2 on a spontaneous time and any topic that you may want to raise which discuss known global issues anything besides Mathematics. I am not an americanized filipina neither am I a feminist matter of fact I am simply living in Mindanao wayyy far from Manila or Cebu - a province girl so to speak but I can, at any rate can go for a battle of wits with you. There are a lot of like me who's looking for a husband not necessarily a foreign one but one that can treat us as a lady should be treated. Our demographics shows more women over men so there are a lot of women like me looking for good guys be it foreign or not whom we can treat as our king but sorry to frustrate you we are not found on bars, or just some random salesgirl out there :p

God bless everyone and good luck with our search.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

filipina,
Welcome to the forum. Yes, what I said applies to the lower class, but what you forget is that MOST Filipinas are lower class, not middle class. So what I said is true for most of them.

Also, shamelessness doesn't just apply to the lower class. It's a cultural thing too. For example, middle and upper class Filipinos still say "Don't forget my pasalubong (gift)" to others. It's a common phrase in the Philippines. How come people in other countries don't say that? Doesn't it signify that Filipinas have a "taker mentality" regardless of class?

Your English is very impressive. I'll give you that. Most middle class Filipinas I've met don't use facts or logic when they argue. They just defend their pride and use highly subjective arguments and act arrogant.

So you know a lot about WWII huh? Ok then, without it looking it up on Google, tell me this:

1. Who beat the Nazis? The Americans or the Russians?

2. Name three reasons why the US dropped the atomic bomb on Japan.

Also, can you answer these questions about the Philippines? I've been asking about them, but no one has any answers, including Filipinos.

viewtopic.php?t=10614

Finally, do you know any Asian besides me, that people say these kind of things about? See below.

http://www.happierabroad.com/FreethinkingAsian.htm

Nice talking to you. Can I see your Blossoms profile? How did you find this site? From where?

uncertain
Freshman Poster

Post by uncertain »

Hello filipina. I have a few questions for you, and please be honest. Remember, you are anonymous on here anyway.

1) How old are you? What age range would you prefer your potential boyfriend/husband to be?

2) What is your ethnic background? Any significant (confirmed) Spanish or Chinese blood?

3) As far as looks (and looks alone) go....what ethnicity would you prefer your boyfriend/husband to be? What would your 2nd and 3rd choice be?

4) Which ethnicities do you find the least attractive?

5) List other preferences you have as far as looks go (height, hair color, skin tone, eye color, facial features, etc.)

6) Do you feel your answers are in line with what the answers for a typical/average filipina woman would be? Explain.

Looking forward to your reply.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

unhappyinmanila wrote:
Winston wrote:unhappyinmanila,
The food here is great, im not sure what you mean. Maybe you are eating the local phillipino food?
I usually eat western dishes here, steak, burgers, western type sushi lol.

I was at robinson mall yesterday, and for 120 pesos got a good steak with rice.
Also, the burgers you find here are better than the ones in the US by far.
Have you tried Wham Burgers? very good in my opinion.
But it costs about 300 pesos.

what is maganda?
Well in Manila there are many cosmopolitan choices in the mall. But outside of Manila, it's terrible. Try going to Chow King, the fast food chain, and you'll see how bad local Filipino food is. Try it once. lol

Maganda means beautiful. They love hearing that. Compliments give you points with Filipinas.
Last edited by Winston on November 12th, 2011, 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

unhappyinmanila,
Btw, if any girl you just met asks you to buy them something at the mall, don't give in. Just say, "I'm sorry but I'm not a charity. We need to get to know each other first before you can start asking for gifts. I'm looking for a nice girl, not a girl who wants to use me. That's a bad sign. I'm not Santa Claus."

Also, one of my friends said that you contacted her. If you can, try to meet her in Angeles. It would take her a long time to get to Manila, and I'm not sure how much money she has either. That way, you can experience the bars there. Even if you hate it there, you should at least experience it to get a feel for it.

Also, you should try calling her for 5 or 10 minutes first to gauge her vibes and get a feel for her personality.

Did the other girl text you back?

chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Just to jive in. FIrst I think ...for some western guys they have this HIGH EXPECTATION when they go over seas...
Maybe it's true some of the stuff they say overseas but I think some of it just over stated.

I never been to the Philippines so I can't say how it's really like that over there but some posters here post the Philippines as if you land in that country there be 40 virgins waiting for you..lol

I think in reality women are women every where. People stated before that middle class filipina will be much picker than that lower class women. My advice is if your going to cold approach women in the streets....it takes some level of social intelligence and be able to take the hits that come with it. It's not too different from here in the states..I think.
filipina
Freshman Poster

Post by filipina »

Winston wrote:filipina,
Welcome to the forum. Yes, what I said applies to the lower class, but what you forget is that MOST Filipinas are lower class, not middle class. So what I said is true for most of them.
Thank you.
Also, shamelessness doesn't just apply to the lower class. It's a cultural thing too. For example, middle and upper class Filipinos still say "Don't forget my pasalubong (gift)" to others. It's a common phrase in the Philippines. How come people in other countries don't say that? Doesn't it signify that Filipinas have a "taker mentality" regardless of class?
Asking or reminding someone for her/his pasalubong is not a shameful thing for us Filipinos may it be men or women, rich or poor. We have a lot of ways and traditions that foreigners can take negatively but that we care less as to how you see us what is important is how we value our culture and how we value our loved ones because really that is all that matters to us the most. I do not want to plagiarize so here’s the exact meaning of Pasalubong http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasalubong. It does not mean to be fancy or anything what is important for us is the thought that you are exerting an effort to remember us while you are away. Sometimes, your presence can be a pasalubong already. It is uniquely a Filipino tradition so it is perfectly understandable if you can’t find any other country practising this and that you’ll take this against us Filipinas with a “taker mentality.� I can only hope you experience our Bario Fiesta so you can say we also have a “giver mentality.�
Being friendly or hospitable with everyone is not the absence of shame because normally we tend to be shy at first but given the right approach we can be welcoming and accommodating regardless if you are a foreigner or not.
So you know a lot about WWII huh? Ok then, without it looking it up on Google, tell me this:

1. Who beat the Nazis? The Americans or the Russians?

2. Name three reasons why the US dropped the atomic bomb on Japan.
I did say “I can very well narrate with you with what happened during WW2 on a spontaneous time� when? How? I don’t know. It would be useless for me to answer your questions since there is no man/woman who will incriminate himself/herself. How will you know on the first place that I did not google up the answer? Well, anyway for the sake of answering
1.Personally I’d say both and also include Britain, Berlin has been sandwiched with the attacks from the Russians and Americans which ultimately lead to Hitler’s fall blah blah.

2.It was Japan who provoked the US to enter the ww2 by bombing pearl harbor, refusing to surrender your then President Truman showed off your military power by dropping the bomb trying to justify as it is the speedy way to end the war and save hundreds of lives. I am not sure I can come up with 3 reasons and how to divide my answers but lastly, although I don’t have facts your then President wants to avoid Congressional hearing on a budget appropriations on your Manhattan Project.
I won’t elaborate lest I be doing a tedious recital here.
On a side note, I personally wish US can also drop the same bomb to North Korea now specifically targeting Kim :P
Also, can you answer these questions about the Philippines? I've been asking about them, but no one has any answers, including Filipinos.

viewtopic.php?t=10614
A regular employee does have health insurance, we call it PhilHealth Insurance, if one will opt for a surgery some of the costs are covered by PhilHealth. For the very poor one can avail of PhilHealth for indigents which is funded/subsidized by our government. In cases of severe illnesses we go to the extent of selling/mortgaging properties like land or things even houses at times.
A lot of Filipinos do not just rely on salaries for money, we have “sidelines� it can be from a simple selling of cosmetics to fellow employees or it can be selling of food or it can be from farming or it can be from a relative. Again, this can’t be understood by foreigners but for a Filipino it is almost automatic to give something to their relative if they are earning modestly.
Surround yourself with middle class Filipinas and your questions will be gone. Also, our culture put the weight of expenses on our man. Dates and even weddings should be shouldered by men, it would be so rude if during your date you will let a woman pay for the bills, it’s a big turned off on our part. It may be unfair for you but it is just the way it is for us. Our mind setting is directed on men providing financially for the family while women in turn ensure that the family is well taken care of.
Finally, do you know any Asian besides me, that people say these kind of things about? See below.

http://www.happierabroad.com/FreethinkingAsian.htm
Yes, but they do not have website like happierabroad so they’re not as famous as you.
Nice talking to you. Can I see your Blossoms profile? How did you find this site? From where?
It’s okay if I can be sure you won’t grab my pictures and publicized me :D seriously, it’s a boring profile. It was steve55 who gave me your website link when we were still chatting, little did he know that I’ll be digging your forum I guess. The way I see it he does know how to spot a good Filipina catch but to clear though I am not any of the girl he’s referring to from his posts here. :P