Has anyone lived in (or visited) Cambodia or Indonesia?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
uncertain
Freshman Poster

Has anyone lived in (or visited) Cambodia or Indonesia?

Post by uncertain »

If so, what were your impressions of the country? How friendly are the people? If you have been to both, how do they compare to each other?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

I've been to both, but I don't have the time to comment now. Perhaps later, tune in...
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Disillusioned_American
Freshman Poster

Post by Disillusioned_American »

Mr S wrote:I've been to both, but I don't have the time to comment now. Perhaps later, tune in...
Bump.

Mr. S, could you please tell us all now about some of your experiences in Cambodia? I have been interested in this country for a while. Unfortunately, it looks like the rainy season is coming to an end, and so droves of tourists will probably be showing up soon. Still, it could be a lot of fun to visit Cambodia during the dry season, at a time when there will be other westerners to talk to and possibly more. Is the culture pretty non-confrontational there like the culture in Thailand or the Philippines? Is it easy to rent cheap apartments by the week or month without a contract in cities like Phnom Penh?
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

Ladislav has been to Indonesia. He could tell you about it.